Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Another new signing by Spurs and Verde Today 19:29Today at 19:29:59view thread

Oldest article: FA Vase winners 2027-28 by Camp hill reserves 18/1 16:30Thu Jan 18 16:30:49 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: What has happened to “Likes” ? by Vernon227/1 18:40Sat Jan 27 18:40:15 2024view thread

Do Nuneaton Borough still exist?

By MJNB25/1 14:11Thu Jan 25 14:11:26 2024

Views: 1084

Manic few days personally.

CBA scrolling through everything.

1) Has the club confirmed it's no longer trading?

2) Have we been liquidated yet?

3) Does the club still exist in any form?

4) Have the builders moved in at Avenue Road for our new EFL standard ground yet with planning permission and funding sorted inside a week? ;)

5) How many interested parties are there in saving the club/ forming a new club?

6) Have the co-op said they will be starting a phoenix club, or assisting a party with it? Which party, if so?

Many thanks

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Do Nuneaton Borough still exist?

By Barwell Boro (Spurs and Verde)25/1 16:15Thu Jan 25 16:15:18 2024In response to Do Nuneaton Borough still exist?Top of thread

Views: 854

I bet you will get a stupidly long answer from VOR and he says we need a ground capable of being extended so we can play league 1 or 2 football in the future

I’ll have a look at his post now …. Bet I’m right

Retired Boro fan
Tottenham and Austin FC sufferer

Edited by Spurs and Verde at 16:15:31 on 25th January 2024

2 people like this 2 people

By Gustavus25/1 18:01Thu Jan 25 18:01:10 2024In response to Re: Do Nuneaton Borough still exist?Top of thread

Views: 802

No he’s only put up his shortened version below!

Full version available in Nuneaton library.

There was a digital copy but Uneaton Urro put it on the fire with all the other files!

1 person likes this 1 person

By VoR25/1 16:03Thu Jan 25 16:03:00 2024In response to Do Nuneaton Borough still exist?Top of thread

Views: 945

Let me try to explain MJ, to you & anyone else who is remotely interested:-

The process dictates that you start with the height of your ambitions, in order to future-proof your Club.

The first task is to find a site that is suitable for designing a Stadium to your requirements.

IMO, for the Boro, that would be a 5000-capacity Stadium, including 2000 seats, with a satisfactory Planning Permission, to at some future date, upgrade the floodlights to 500 lux.

This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.

Then, you go back to the start & look at what the requirements are for playing at Level 10/Step 6 & work your way upwards in Phases to achieve your first objective.

If you follow that logic, you will only build everything ONCE & you will NOT WASTE MONEY.

That process will be common to all prospective new Club owners & I would want to see whether they properly understand what they are doing/seeking to achieve & they have financially modelled the project (Construction S-Curve) over however many years (that is down to their ambitions), that they have properly identified the critical path to achieve their end goal & that they have the finance in place to service their cashflow forecasts.

This equally applies to the Co-op/CIC, if they are setting themselves up to be sole arbiter.

Remember, NBBC will be looking on with interest in the coming weeks.

I hope this is helpful?

Edit:

From a construction standpoint, the key driver is to position the pitch correctly, because that acts as the basis for setting out the rest of the Stadium structures/footprint.

Get that wrong & you are in a real mess!

Edited by VoR at 16:03:50 on 25th January 2024
Edited by VoR at 16:04:26 on 25th January 2024
Edited by VoR at 16:04:56 on 25th January 2024
Edited by VoR at 16:17:17 on 25th January 2024
Edited by VoR at 21:21:10 on 25th January 2024

By Camp hill reserves (Camp hill reserves)25/1 18:44Thu Jan 25 18:44:58 2024In response to Re: Do Nuneaton Borough still exist?Top of thread

Views: 717

FFS Mike lol you had to ask …
Don’t expect an update next week our resident keyboard warrior isn’t going to the meetings because no one will listen to him
In the meantime we have to listen it …🤣🤣

4 people like this 4 people

This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.

By VS Griff (VS Boro)25/1 16:41Thu Jan 25 16:41:06 2024In response to Re: Do Nuneaton Borough still exist?Top of thread

Views: 827

SO......... no 3G pitch then. Something that seems favourable (if not inevitable).

Why oh why the return to FL requirements.

Boro could start playing at Tomkinson road Rec next season, which. Over time be upgraded (as you said) "just in time".

Even with the most blue tinted glasses on (unless a Saudi prince is around) then Conf_National is the absolute maximum of expectation and that (at least) 15 years away.

How much will this "future proofing" cost.

>>>> Former Nuneaton Boro fan <<<<

Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.

By VoR25/1 17:08Thu Jan 25 17:08:32 2024In response to This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

Views: 781

To play in the EFL, would mean laying a grass pitch to a specification to meet League One & League Two standards.

The pitch at LW would suit League Two & could be improved to suit League One...it is usually the drainage installation that is a factor in the overall performance of a grass pitch.

I believe the pitch at LW cost £160k (?)

A 4G pitch would be preferable, including a shock pad...that would be suitable up to the National...I believe Cov's new pitch at the Butts cost £600k (?)

Gaining a satisfactory Planning Permission to upgrade the floodlights (at some future date), to 500 lux would be critical to ever being able to play in the EFL.

We could play at Tomkinson Road Rec next season, we could play at Pool Bank Street Rec next season.

There is a limit to how far both Recs could be upgraded.

I would have a sum of £5 million in mind at the start of this journey.

Edit:

I would agree that the National in 15 years is a realistic target but that is only our opinion, we are not the Investors, so what we think doesn't really matter!

Edited by VoR at 17:09:59 on 25th January 2024
Edited by VoR at 17:12:35 on 25th January 2024

By Greg (NBFC)26/1 11:00Fri Jan 26 11:00:18 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

Views: 586

To play in EFL would mean that a miracle has occurred, VoR. I am prepared to take on a wager with you - that neither of us will live to see any incarnation of Boro play at EFL level. Would you be prepared to put any cash into that bet?

By VoR26/1 11:06Fri Jan 26 11:06:18 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

Views: 573

No Greg, I am not a gambler & never have been but that said, I agree with you that it is very unlikely to happen in our lifetime.

We have had our enjoyment Greg, from following our beloved football team, I hope that can continue but what is planned now IMO, is for future generations & not particularly for our generation.

I would like to see the younger supporters be able to experience the rewards that we have received from following our great non-league club, over many years.

By Greg (NBFC)26/1 11:16Fri Jan 26 11:16:49 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

Views: 567

VoR - read what you have just written: "I would like to see the younger supporters be able to experience the rewards that we have received from following our great non-league club, over many years."

IMHO, that's our position in the scheme of things. Not every club can be Premier League champions. Most have to survive at their own level - and it seems to me that Boro's level is now National North. If that's the aim, please let's stop all this mad waffle about EFL!

By Wotnostrikers26/1 16:47Fri Jan 26 16:47:52 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

Views: 513

So what is the aim if Con North is reached?

By Greg (NBFC)26/1 17:09Fri Jan 26 17:09:10 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

Views: 476

Maintaining our position in Conference North while playing good, entertaining football?

By Wotnostrikers26/1 17:12Fri Jan 26 17:12:18 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

Views: 506

So if we get near the promotion places with large gates we as the manager and players to ease off

By Barwell Boro (Spurs and Verde)26/1 17:18Fri Jan 26 17:18:44 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

Views: 525

Don’t you need to play football to be in the conference north ?

We don’t even do that currently

Retired Boro fan

By Wotnostrikers26/1 17:45Fri Jan 26 17:45:26 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

Views: 472

You don’t have to worry about that do you

By Barwell Boro (Spurs and Verde)26/1 17:49Fri Jan 26 17:49:06 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

Views: 462

Not worrying telling the truth

Couple of people on here seem to be trying to fly a plane without filling up with fuel and only have one wing

Why a fan club only club will never work - fans will never agree and some will be at A while others are at Z

Retired Boro fan

By Wotnostrikers26/1 17:52Fri Jan 26 17:52:36 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

Views: 497

You are spot on Dougie a 100% fan owned Boro would not get far

By Greg (NBFC)26/1 17:15Fri Jan 26 17:15:50 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

Views: 504

I don't think I said that, did I?

Let me ask you a question. Consider where we are now. If, at some point in the not so distant future, we are in the top half of Conference North, would you class that as a good outcome?

By Wotnostrikers26/1 17:50Fri Jan 26 17:50:21 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

Views: 477

Of course but I would hope the team I was supporting were trying to win that league

By VoR26/1 11:31Fri Jan 26 11:31:39 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

Views: 588

Please read the reasoning behind what I posted yesterday in reply to MJ.

We have to plan for an aspiration to play in the EFL in our new Stadium design, to FUTURE-PROOF our new Club.

If we don't do that & make a progressive phased development of the new Stadium possible, then we will condemn our Club to playing in non-league, with no prospect of moving up to the EFL.

Who knows what will happen in 30 years time?

You have to understand & follow this logic, it is clinical & has nothing to do with what our supporters believe to be our limitations at present.

The two topics are separate but linked.

Off-field stuff has to stay in front of On-field stuff just in time, to maximize the money available to be spent on the team/playing squad, to allow us to progress up through the leagues.

It is all a part of the process.

Edited by VoR at 11:32:07 on 26th January 2024

By Boro boy26/1 11:45Fri Jan 26 11:45:31 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

Views: 545

future proof a club which doesnt exists, got no ground, fans are split between fan or private ownership.

Edited by Boro boy at 11:45:58 on 26th January 2024

By Barwell Boro (Spurs and Verde)26/1 11:49Fri Jan 26 11:49:59 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

Views: 559

Absolute moronic thinking

It’s crazy - if it wasn’t VOR I’d be amazed anyone is saying it

Yes let’s get a league one ground which we will never need 😂😂😂😂😂 it only Jan but if I read another thing this stupid this year well it gonna be a fun year

Retired Boro fan

By Boro boy26/1 11:56Fri Jan 26 11:56:10 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

Views: 516

it could be worse next week, when our saviour reveals his grand plans for the 'new team'

By Barwell Boro (Spurs and Verde)26/1 11:34Fri Jan 26 11:34:20 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

Views: 525

Need a football league stadium to future proof for the future

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Isn’t it idiotic thinking like that that has lead to overspending and killed the club again for the 3rd time in 30 years

Retired Boro fan

By VoR26/1 11:39Fri Jan 26 11:39:59 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

Views: 555

In our way of thinking YES but we do not know what others are thinking, we will find that out next Monday & next Wednesday.

My comments still apply.

It has nothing to do with various people's individual views/aspirations.

We HAVE to future-proof our new Club with our new Stadium design, that is FUNDAMENTAL & is the FIRST DECISION to be made, because it will influence everything that follows over many years.

Edited by VoR at 11:41:07 on 26th January 2024

By mark-nbfc26/1 12:28Fri Jan 26 12:28:04 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

Views: 512

If you wanted to future-proof, surely you'd want to do that for both outcomes. The wildly ambitious notions of league football, and then the not?

---
Hope is not a plan.

By VoR26/1 12:35Fri Jan 26 12:35:04 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

Views: 528

No Mark,

You cannot leave our new Club hamstrung in the future.

You can, as you suggest run TWO separate models BUT the Stadium Design principle remains the same...GALA FIELD is PERFECT to run BOTH models.

The STADIUM DESIGN PRINCIPLE has to be fully understood by all parties before the two meetings next week, to avoid going around in ever decreasing circles.

ALSO, the acknowledgement is needed by all parties that a 5-year groundshare will likely be needed from the outset.

By Greg (NBFC)26/1 13:35Fri Jan 26 13:35:35 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

Views: 494

VoR - what kind of fairy dust do you sprinkle on your breakfast? Just answer one question: in the whole history of Nuneaton Borough (and Town), how often has not having an EFL standard stadium hamstrung us? If the answer in NEVER, then you have your answer as to whether we have ever need it. History suggests that will not change.

By Barwell Boro (Spurs and Verde)26/1 11:47Fri Jan 26 11:47:16 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

Views: 541

No you don’t mate, Your living in cloud cookoo land again,

The first decision that needs to be made is if there will actually will be a club and getting into a league might be useful

Then you need somewhere to play

Then you need backing and support and finances

Then you need a team

Then you need to actually run the club and not die again

Then you need to start being successful on pitch

Then in around 20 -30 years time if we are even close to winning the conference you think about a football league standard stadium

Why do you need to think about a football league standard stadium or thinking about a football league standard stadium when you playing in the midland league playing teams like Griff in front of a couple 100 people

Sorry mate but personally you are talking absolute b*lllocks here and if you think the priority here is to get a ground capable of playing in league 1 which we have never been close to in our history and currently don’t even have a team that play the same sport as league one you need to get your head out the clouds

Retired Boro fan

Edited by Spurs and Verde at 11:48:35 on 26th January 2024

By VoR26/1 11:57Fri Jan 26 11:57:28 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

Views: 550

Read what I am saying:-

YOU DON'T BUILD IT NOW!!!

YOU PLAN TO BUILD IT IN PHASES OVER HOWEVER MANY YEARS (20 or 30 YEARS...WHO KNOWS?)

STARTING AT LEVEL 10/STEP 6.

You have gone off on one again, getting all excitable!

Edited by VoR at 11:57:51 on 26th January 2024

By Albert Drainpipe26/1 14:11Fri Jan 26 14:11:51 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

Views: 504

Some of the time, VOR, you talk utter waffle.
But on this matter you are 100% correct.
Basically, why build something that might well have to be ripped up and done again in the future.
It's not probable but neither is it impossible

By VoR26/1 14:18Fri Jan 26 14:18:39 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

Views: 537

The pitch needs to be positioned to suit the layout for a new 5000-capacity Stadium...this is necessary to provide setting out lines.

Everything progresses from there in Phases.

Edited by VoR at 14:19:42 on 26th January 2024
Edited by VoR at 14:20:06 on 26th January 2024

By Barwell Boro (Spurs and Verde)26/1 14:46Fri Jan 26 14:46:54 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

Views: 512

Ar yes 5000 capacity is definitely required in the future 100% you are correct think you should go the forum stand up and say this —- go to both of them I’m sure both will love to hear it

Just ignore that we have managed that …. A handful of times in the last 20 years playing at a higher level and when there was more interest and absolutely don’t have that many fans or people interested in watching boro

Definitely future proofing the club there absolutely required 👍🏼👍🏼

We don’t have a ground or land to build a ground ….. probably can’t afford a ground or land to have a ground but yes 5000 capacity defo required

Dunno why we are stopping there why not plan for 30,000 I mean we need to prepare for the premiership and champions league or super league by the time we get there ….. we need to future proof and nothing impossible so need to get prepared now

Club partnership with Real Madrid and Bayern Munich future looking bright for Boro …….. just hope now we actually form a club / get a ground / and get out of just above Sunday league football

But yes that 5000 league 1 ground definitely needs to be planned or thought about to future proof the club that has never been close to that level or never will

Retired Boro fan

Edited by Spurs and Verde at 14:47:42 on 26th January 2024
Edited by Spurs and Verde at 14:48:15 on 26th January 2024

By VoR26/1 15:01Fri Jan 26 15:01:32 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

LW was 4650 capacity with a potential for 6000 capacity.

The CBS is on our doorstep...32000 capacity.

The new Club needs to be future-proofed.

Who knows where we may be in 20 to 30 years time?

Gala Field is perfect to suit all of the criteria necessary for any prospective owner, either now or in the future.

POSITION THE PITCH TO SUIT A NEW 5000-CAPACITY STADIUM...& TAKE IT FROM THERE IN PHASES.

Edit:

The Main Stand will be positioned in the West...PERFECT.

Edited by VoR at 15:02:28 on 26th January 2024

By Boropod (BoroughPod)27/1 16:48Sat Jan 27 16:48:19 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

Views: 417

Dinosaurs will rule Earth once again before a 5000 stadium is erected on Gala field.

Note to self, 'be careful what you wish for'

By Barwell Boro (Spurs and Verde)26/1 15:06Fri Jan 26 15:06:05 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

Views: 603

I know I’m agreeing with you I’ve had a think about it and your right when you have no money / no team / no ground absolutely should be dreaming of a ridiculous ground we don’t need or won’t in the future

Future proof the club who knows where we will go in 30 years time my guess -

Nuneaton Fc Phoenix club wound up 2032
Nuneaton United FC wound up 2038
Nuneaton Albion FC wound up 2044

But yep got to future proof

Retired Boro fan

By Barwell Boro (Spurs and Verde)26/1 12:01Fri Jan 26 12:01:08 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

Views: 580

You don’t even think about building one at all —— ever cause you don’t need it ever

Mate your talking b*llocks let’s just leave it there, it such a stupid thing to say I can’t even be bothered to respond anymore past what I have

Go outside and touch grass mate

Retired Boro fan

By VoR26/1 12:03Fri Jan 26 12:03:41 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

Views: 543

That is only your opinion.

Calm down before your head explodes!

By Barwell Boro (Spurs and Verde)26/1 12:04Fri Jan 26 12:04:58 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

Views: 544

Can you maybe start trying to keep some of them to yourself 👍🏼

Have a good day

Retired Boro fan

By Greg (NBFC)26/1 13:39Fri Jan 26 13:39:22 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

You only need to see VoR's attitude to the public meetings to know his response to that, BB. He isn't going because he doesn't think people will listen to what he wants to say. Effectively, he won't go to hear what others think - just to make his own noise.

By VoR26/1 13:40Fri Jan 26 13:40:53 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

Views: 533

Thanks for the good character reference Greg, much appreciated.

By Greg (NBFC)26/1 13:42Fri Jan 26 13:42:31 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

Views: 493

VoR - that was your reason for not going, wasn't it?

By Barwell Boro (Spurs and Verde)26/1 13:44Fri Jan 26 13:44:37 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

Views: 520

Personally he isn’t going cause he knows if he says some of the things he says in this forum in person he would get laughed at

Thats my opinion - otherwise why wouldn’t you be there - 6200 odd posts on this forum but the chance to have a say in person about how the next club starts and you don’t take it but talk about your “ideas” non stop on here ……

What other reason is there

Retired Boro fan

By VoR26/1 12:06Fri Jan 26 12:06:06 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

Views: 536

This is a public forum.

You have plenty to say!

By Barwell Boro (Spurs and Verde)26/1 12:07Fri Jan 26 12:07:42 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

Views: 554

I also have plenty that I don’t say ;)

Retired Boro fan

By VoR26/1 12:08Fri Jan 26 12:08:56 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

Views: 560

Me too!

By Boropod (BoroughPod)27/1 18:38Sat Jan 27 18:38:12 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

Views: 369

Yes and one day someone will out you.

By VS Griff (VS Boro)25/1 17:23Thu Jan 25 17:23:32 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

Views: 738

"To play in the EFL, would mean laying a grass pitch to a specification to meet League One & League Two standards."

Very true;

Same applies to Bromley (National) and 1874 Northwich (NPL West) and about 250 clubs in-between, That excludes clubs below level 8 (where boro start; if they start).

Why oh; why should a club that has come 2nd in the 5th tier just four times (last one 40 years ago) and have never got past QF of trophy even consider FL as a possibility. A club that has gone bust at least 3 times with several close shaves.

I said "the absolute maximum of expectation and that (at least) 15 years away" and not a realistic one..

Edited by VS Boro at 17:24:11 on 25th January 2024

By VoR25/1 17:28Thu Jan 25 17:28:05 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

Views: 728

I repeat, it doesn't matter what we think, it's what the Investors think, they want a return on their investment.

Not 'chuck us a few bob in to keep us going my old mate!'

return on their investment.

By VS Griff (VS Boro)25/1 17:32Thu Jan 25 17:32:14 2024In response to Re: This will allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two.Top of thread

Views: 697

"return on their investment."

example please of any football club that has achieved this.

I know someone predicted that what DA Capital were about (that went well).

Re: return on their investment.

By VoR25/1 17:39Thu Jan 25 17:39:48 2024In response to return on their investment.Top of thread

Views: 702

Off piste...a reminder.

The likelihood is that we will likely be groundsharing for at least 5 years at the start of any new adventure.

Re: return on their investment.

By VS Griff (VS Boro)25/1 17:44Thu Jan 25 17:44:49 2024In response to Re: return on their investment.Top of thread

Views: 689

on piste

"return on their investment."

example please of any football club that has achieved this.

I know someone predicted that what DA Capital were about (that went well).

By ManorParkBlue25/1 14:23Thu Jan 25 14:23:30 2024In response to Do Nuneaton Borough still exist?Top of thread

Views: 964

Club hasn't been liquidated, yet somebody wants to start a new club of the old club which is still a current club.

This will look FANTASTIC infront of the FA. NAAAHHTTTTT

Stay away MJNB its a less confusing haha!

Christ almighty, what are we watching

By LukeS (LH)25/1 14:33Thu Jan 25 14:33:40 2024In response to Re: Do Nuneaton Borough still exist?Top of thread

Views: 926

There's a certain amount of irony within that situation, and perhaps more than irony if you are a creditor....

By Boro boy25/1 14:18Thu Jan 25 14:18:10 2024In response to Do Nuneaton Borough still exist?Top of thread

Views: 912

1) and 2) No
3) yes because of no liquidation yet but we have no directors per companies house or anyone in overall control.
4) Starting thursday after the forum :):):)
5) 1 as im aware of which is gary holliday consortium
6) co-op not mentioned anything maybe know more on monday after their meeting

By Vernon225/1 14:16Thu Jan 25 14:16:59 2024In response to Do Nuneaton Borough still exist?Top of thread

Views: 889

Cannot be precise on any of your questions but to let you know of the proposed new name…Red Cabbage FC.

By StockingfordBrew25/1 19:15Thu Jan 25 19:15:51 2024In response to Re: Do Nuneaton Borough still exist?Top of thread

Views: 645

Similar thing happened at Bury, Bury of course were kicked out of the league but the club were yet to go bust but already a fan lead club Bury AFC up and running, playing in the manchester leagues. Weird thing later, Bury FC suddenly announced they had plans to return whilst the phoenix club was up and in running which of course complicated things. Of course finally the two parties sat down, I think it was agreed to merge the two clubs into one which allowed Bury AFC to play their home games back at Gigg Lane. Sadly... in our situation we can't get return to liberty way...

Edited by StockingfordBrew at 19:16:40 on 25th January 2024

By AlanD26/1 05:38Fri Jan 26 05:38:36 2024In response to Re: Do Nuneaton Borough still exist?Top of thread

Views: 553

The situation at Bury was that there were effectively two clubs, BuryAFC, a phoenix, set up by fans who didn’t want to see what happened to the old club, still sat in administration with debts of, alledgedly, some £12,000,000 (a figure that is more fiction than fact).
Another group of fans, putting together a deal to buy the stadium from the administrator for some £1,300,000. Monies raised through the government’s levelling up scheme and so called “benefactors”, basically former Directors and a Californian businessman whose father had been a lifelong Bury fan.
The second group tried to set up their own club, Bury Community United FC (really trips off the tongue doesn’t it!).
Anyway, the impasse was broken by the FA basically putting a stop on a second club but agreeing, subject to a merger of the two “clubs” to allow the name of BuryFC to be used for the new entity (effectively BuryAFC) back at Gigg Lane.
When AFC started up, I believe it was only due to pressure from the FA that we were allowed to start in the North West Counties Division One ( tier 10). Many wanted us down in tier 11 the Manchester League.
We are now upto the heady heights of tier 9, currently second in the table, but it’s tough at even that level.
When we were AFC at Radcliffe, we were getting crowds of between 1,200 and 1,500. The first game back at Gigg Lane had a gate of over 5,500, it’s settled down now, but still averaging around 3,500 to 4,000.
That’s why you must avoid a split in your fanbase and the nightmare of two clubs going forward. Our split has left many scars, even though we have now merged together. We’ve lost an estimated 200 to 300 fans who have switched allegiance to Radcliffe, who could be in the NLN next season, as they don’t see the club as the “real” BuryFC.
We are technically fan owned, but many see this as limiting any long term progression. I however don’t ever want to see commercial ownership again after the history of the “businessmen” who destroyed us.
PLEASE, work together as one, don’t make the mistakes we did, talk to clubs like Chester, Scarborough and especially AFC Wimbledon, they will help, as will BuryFC, the new BuryFC that is.
Sorry to go on so, but always had a soft spot for your lot, and I really want to see you get it right.

3 people like this 3 people

By LukeS (LH)26/1 08:04Fri Jan 26 08:04:43 2024In response to Re: Do Nuneaton Borough still exist?Top of thread

Views: 502

Thanks AlanD.

I'm looking forward to hearing what Andy Walsh has to say regarding Boro's situation and his take on the various phoenix clubs that have arisen over recent years on Monday night. What you have shared here is a very important and has several key learnings that we all need to take on board.

Edited by LH at 08:06:17 on 26th January 2024

By VoR26/1 08:01Fri Jan 26 08:01:42 2024In response to Re: Do Nuneaton Borough still exist?Top of thread

Views: 501

AlanD, thanks for your insight.

There are a few differences that I need to point out that are relevant to the history of both our Club & your Club.

1. Bury were an established EFL club before your demise, with a good, reliable fanbase, probably three times the size of ours & so are more resilient than our club when it comes to establishing 'fan ownership'.

2. Playing in the lower reaches of non-league football will inevitably be a struggle to you, due to the extent of your fall from grace.

3. Nuneaton Borough have always been a 'big name' in the non-league world & the dream of our fanbase has been to one day play in the EFL, a dream that has never materialised, for various reasons, mainly down to a chequered history of ownership & now potentially three liquidations.

4. We however, do very much understand the challenges of non-league football, our falls from grace have not been so extreme as your club & so our fanbase is psychologically more used to the challenge of rising back up through the leagues, we have done that successfully on previous occasions.

5. Our Holy Grail is achieving membership of the EFL. While that justifiably is probably not a challenge your club fears, a large proportion of our fanbase generally do not believe that will ever be possible for our club & breeds a negativity in our thinking.

6. That negativity could be offputting to any potential new club owners/investors. If you are reading the many posts on our fans forum, that will become evident to you.

7. The main obstacle to our club being fan-owned is the size of our fanbase. Some of the fans at your club are right to say that fan-ownership would restrict your progress back up through the leagues, that situation would be more acute at our club.

Finally AlanD, thankyou for your valuable advice, keep reading the posts on our fans forum please & commenting, your posts are very helpful.

Just as an aside, Wimbledon were one of our major rivals before their election to the Football League, they were a team of giants in those days!

Enjoy your day!

Edited by VoR at 08:23:22 on 26th January 2024

By Greg (NBFC)26/1 11:13Fri Jan 26 11:13:12 2024In response to Re: Do Nuneaton Borough still exist?Top of thread

Views: 513

VoR, you seem to have appointed yourself as Boro's spokesman (spokesperson?) without actually asking everyone else.

Boro has not "always been a 'big name' in the non-league world". We were quite a while ago, but in recent times we have mostly been a sidenote in non-league football.

As for "the dream of our fanbase has been to one day play in the EFL", I think you are massively mistaken. Most of the Boro fans I speak to would love Boro to return to being a top level non-league club - and I am certainly of that opinion. It's not lacking ambition, it's knowing our limitations and being realistic. EFL is not a holy grail for Boro - I believe it would be the death of yet another incarnation of our club.

By LukeS (LH)26/1 08:14Fri Jan 26 08:14:30 2024In response to Re: Do Nuneaton Borough still exist?Top of thread

Views: 501

All very relevant points, VoR.

I think there is negativity to both 100% fan owned and 100% commercial owned, though in a recent poll on Boro Chat, 83% of respondents preferred fan owned to 100% commercial ownership. It remains to be seen if a hybrid model can be practical, something I hope can be explored next Monday and Wednesday.

By Boropod (BoroughPod)27/1 17:57Sat Jan 27 17:57:58 2024In response to Re: Do Nuneaton Borough still exist?Top of thread

Views: 379

Yeh I added the 50/50 option but most had voted already.

By Vernon Slain26/1 12:59Fri Jan 26 12:59:42 2024In response to Re: Do Nuneaton Borough still exist?Top of thread

Views: 484

That is all very well but the acid test is when the Bruminvestors need to write the cheque. Cannot see the source of the readies the Official ‘bid’ will need to rival the Brummies so all of this exercise could be deemed as smoke and mirrors.
Since I posted the “was all this planned” suggestion,nothing so far has changed my thoughts.

127–45-26-56–171-198…..160*/381

By VoR26/1 13:06Fri Jan 26 13:06:17 2024In response to Re: Do Nuneaton Borough still exist?Top of thread

Views: 472

My view is that the Co-op would like to set themselves up as sole arbiter of what THEY believe the fans want & that could cause friction.

If Gala Fields is a go-er & NBBC have funds available to invest in a new Stadium, then the last thing that they will want to see is different sets of squabbling factions.

A coherent approach to NBBC is needed.

By VoR26/1 08:20Fri Jan 26 08:20:18 2024In response to Re: Do Nuneaton Borough still exist?Top of thread

Views: 470

That is the challenge LukeS.

By mark-nbfc25/1 21:16Thu Jan 25 21:16:47 2024In response to Re: Do Nuneaton Borough still exist?Top of thread

Views: 657

A Bury fan has said the same on here :)

https://forums.footballwebpages.co.uk/nuneaton/article/361430

---
Hope is not a plan.

Previous thread: League Table by VS Griff26/1 09:10Fri Jan 26 09:10:17 2024view thread