Return to front page

Newest article: Coach Tickets Available! by LHToday 15:02Today at 15:02:31view thread

Oldest article: Fao Mark by Armchair vulture24/1 16:50Wed Jan 24 16:50:07 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Talking is over, actions are needed by Boro boy31/1 22:12Wed Jan 31 22:12:26 2024view thread

Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)

By VS Griff (VS Boro)30/1 21:49Tue Jan 30 21:49:14 2024

Views: 952

252 - I wonder if JG wrote it :)

BORO SUPPORTERS OPEN MEETING UPDATE

252 supporters have already signed up for tickets for our meeting on Wednesday 31st January, which is a fantastic response. You must book your seat online due to the venue's safety requirements. If you would like to attend the meeting, you will need to book a free ticket at https://www.borofc.co.uk.

The doors open at the Coton Liberal Club at 7pm tomorrow. We aim to start the meeting as close to 7.30 pm as possible. Gareth Archer will be booking everyone in. Please get there as early as possible.

There are only 200 seats available so once they have gone then anyone else would be required to stand at the back. The club capacity will now allow us to have up to 500 in total.

We look forward to seeing you there.
UTB!

>>>> Former Nuneaton Boro fan <<<<

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)

By VoR30/1 22:00Tue Jan 30 22:00:11 2024In response to Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 812

Given Mark's earlier clarification about the Co-op's position re: starting a new Club & the formation of the steering group, clearly IMO the Co-op are not in a position to establish a new Club of their own in any league next season & concensus is to not rush & to do things properly.

With that in mind, can we give H&H a fair hearing tomorrow night please?

By Lord of the Manor31/1 09:43Wed Jan 31 09:43:06 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 523

Haven't read "Mark's earlier clarification" so I may stand corrected......But ......
Are the co-op financially in any position to start anything ?
From memory in recent years they've managed to give a few quid to the club here and there but are they really in any position to form let aloan build a new club/ground ?

By Jebbs31/1 09:48Wed Jan 31 09:48:42 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 532

I don't think the Coop are intending to start a new club or build a new ground.

By Lord of the Manor31/1 09:51Wed Jan 31 09:51:26 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 531

Thanks 👍

By Vernon230/1 22:49Tue Jan 30 22:49:45 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 707

VoR. Why do you have to ask that question ? They are not going into a den of lions. They will be on friendly turf. But you already know that.

By VoR30/1 22:51Tue Jan 30 22:51:46 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 681

Not necessarily from some comments I have read under this thread today!

By The_Hullablue30/1 22:54Tue Jan 30 22:54:26 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 678

Such as?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
How bright should floodlights be in the Conference?

By ManorParkBlue30/1 21:59Tue Jan 30 21:59:14 2024In response to Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 726

It actually takes the piss a little that Boro Leisure are effectively putting these statements out.

People are owed thousands. And they’re basically saying

“HAHAHAHAAAA You're not getting you’re money cos we’re starting afresh”

We aren’t talking HMRC and the big boys. Some small local Nuneaton Businesses are owed thousands.

Who’s behind these posts? The secretary?

By Armchair vulture30/1 22:05Tue Jan 30 22:05:17 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 700

This raises an important issue MPB- what the hell must the Nuneaton business community think of yet another Boro attempt?
Who would back the new venture?

By The_Hullablue30/1 22:17Tue Jan 30 22:17:46 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 709

Do we know for sure there are local firms left with outstanding invoices?

I'm not talking about sponsors or anyone that has made loans, but small local firms who are owed money for services?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By ManorParkBlue30/1 22:22Tue Jan 30 22:22:40 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 683

100000000% yes.

By VS Griff (VS Boro)30/1 22:28Tue Jan 30 22:28:37 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 655

As Andy explained last night. Many companies don't bother invoicing as they know they wont get paid. Once a business is in liquidation these start rolling in. Andy predicted it was fair to say CH figures could be ÂŁ200,000 less than reality.

I have heard rumours (some I was shocked at; particularly one), but these are just rumours with no evidence.

By The_Hullablue30/1 22:23Tue Jan 30 22:23:53 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 637

Any names and amounts?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Armchair vulture30/1 22:19Tue Jan 30 22:19:53 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 660

Local businesses have been burnt by Boro for decades Hulla.
There maybe some willing to back a new venture but Bors name surely must be mid again.

By The_Hullablue30/1 22:22Tue Jan 30 22:22:11 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 659

I know that, but what about this time.

We are light on facts right now, but we must not let assumptions fill that vacuum.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Armchair vulture30/1 22:24Tue Jan 30 22:24:57 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 626

What about all those sponsors who have paid to have advert boards only for the ground to be closed- they certainly can’t have had value for money .
An increase in debt of 200 grand suggests people are owed money somewhere.

Edited by Armchair vulture at 22:25:14 on 30th January 2024

By Vernon230/1 22:45Tue Jan 30 22:45:42 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 689

What about those who paid for season tickets. ?

By VS Griff (VS Boro)30/1 22:54Tue Jan 30 22:54:39 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 604

Snap.

The consensus is having a fan owned club and some people only bothered about sponsors boards.

By Vernon230/1 22:57Tue Jan 30 22:57:07 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 608

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Early Bird Season Tickets being sold tomorrow. Venue: Stockingford AA.

By VoR30/1 23:00Tue Jan 30 23:00:26 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 638

There are no floodlights at the Piv.

That suggests Level 11/Step 7 at best.

The Midland Football League Division Two.

A drop of 4 levels.

By Vernon230/1 23:02Tue Jan 30 23:02:22 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 634

Correct again. It is why I mentioned SAA. JG’s old stamping ground. No fans on cricket square though.

By almost average 231/1 06:40Wed Jan 31 06:40:30 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 694

I'd be amazed if they aren't aiming at step 6 to achieve that they need a certain amount of facilities including floodlights . My guess would be Barwell or Hinckley LR . The Co- Op chap said during their meeting with H&H they had stressed the importance of the club playing in Nuneaton . H&H reaction was they couldn't see why it was a problem travelling to Hinckley .

By VoR31/1 07:34Wed Jan 31 07:34:25 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 622

Hinckley Leicester Road.

...wait for the flak!

No Flak

By Unnamed Sauce (Bedduth Blue)31/1 16:31Wed Jan 31 16:31:56 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 389

Just not going there.

I was there (again) for a match last Sunday. Dreadful place with horrible memories.

Not in my name.

By Wotnostrikers31/1 08:38Wed Jan 31 08:38:18 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 565

Can’t really get flak because playing out of town for years is inevitable

By The_Hullablue31/1 09:04Wed Jan 31 09:04:56 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 571

For me, a team playing home games outside Nuneaton is a red line.
It ain't Boro if it ain't in Nuneaton.
If they play in Bedworth, they are a Bedworth team, ditto Atherstone or Hinckley.
I would be massively pissed off if a team outside Nuneaton tried to pass themselves off as a continuity of The Boro.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VS Griff (VS Boro)31/1 09:32Wed Jan 31 09:32:15 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 537

So you don't like Manchester United as they are in the borough of Trafford :) :) :)

There is no-way I can see a club in the near future playing within the boundary, but perhaps a temporary* solution may exist.

* Definition of temporary needed. Often this ends up being decades (eg temporary houses built after the war).

By The_Hullablue31/1 10:03Wed Jan 31 10:03:11 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 494

Trafford is in Manchester.
And when I lived in Manchester I didn't support them.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VS Griff (VS Boro)31/1 10:29Wed Jan 31 10:29:20 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 461

Nor did any of my many out-laws (bar one), even though they lived in Stretford.

Oh for the days of piss-take when just one division separated Boro from Man City :)

By Wotnostrikers31/1 09:20Wed Jan 31 09:20:19 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 554

Absolutely so no to a phoenix rising then.

By The_Hullablue31/1 10:04Wed Jan 31 10:04:20 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 492

Not one playing out of Nuneston, for me.

Obviously I reserve the right to be celebrating promotion in Hinckley in April :-)

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)31/1 09:14Wed Jan 31 09:14:55 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 534

Is Kettering a Kettering team they dont play in Kettering?

By The_Hullablue31/1 10:05Wed Jan 31 10:05:48 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 473

Do I support Kettering?

My post was about ME and The Boro.
Not about what I think of Clattering Clowns, MK Don's, Woolwich Arsenal or Newport County circa 1991.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VoR31/1 09:20Wed Jan 31 09:20:42 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 542

Burton Latimer is a small town (population 7,500) 5km from Kettering.

By VoR31/1 08:51Wed Jan 31 08:51:00 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 552

Do you think that reality is now starting to dawn?

By Greg (NBFC)31/1 10:47Wed Jan 31 10:47:52 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 489

Which reality is that, VoR? That it's a damned good job we didn't sink heaps of cash into adding more seats at LW?

By VoR31/1 10:49Wed Jan 31 10:49:26 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 486

Hindsight is a quality you possess in abundance Greg!

By Greg (NBFC)31/1 10:51Wed Jan 31 10:51:13 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 472

Oh how you twist the facts, VoR. If you check back on the actual posts - you know, the words that you and I typed - i said all along it was not something we should entertain. You were the one who went on (and on, and on) about it.

By VoR31/1 10:55Wed Jan 31 10:55:22 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 465

As it has turned out, the Overlords at LW & by that I mean everyone associated with that now ill-fated adventure have set the tone.

We are now faced with all of the forum excitement over the last day or so about our new Co-op led Club, which appears now to be a pipedream, so I am not the only one who 'dreams'!

All we need to do now is to knock back any good intentions from our new prospective consortium owners & we will have the full set!

We will be left with nothing, just bitter recriminations.

Is that we want as an epitaph?

Edited by VoR at 10:58:25 on 31st January 2024
Edited by VoR at 10:59:10 on 31st January 2024

1 person likes this 1 person

By Greg (NBFC)31/1 11:07Wed Jan 31 11:07:38 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 447

It does, however, show that it's wise not to plan - or spend - too far ahead of what the club needs.

By VoR31/1 11:10Wed Jan 31 11:10:30 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 488

I only ever said that it needed to be planned for, not built.

The need to plan ahead for continuing Stadium development is a requirement of the FA.

I thought I had made that very clear on many occasions?

By Greg (NBFC)31/1 11:14Wed Jan 31 11:14:29 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 459

Let's not start that debate again.

On the subject of the proposal that will be presented this evening, we need to be very careful what we support. Do the prospective owners have the experience, knowledge and backing that will be needed? How will the club be funded - donations or loans? What arrangements do they have for a ground? Many other questions. The Co-op would be very foolish to support the bid simply because at this moment it seems to be the only game in town.

By VoR31/1 11:19Wed Jan 31 11:19:35 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 466

The Co-op's steering group will recommend what is best for the supporters.

They will try to set themselves up to be sole arbiters for all Boro fans.

That said, they will not speak for me, I have my own opinions.

By The_Hullablue31/1 11:25Wed Jan 31 11:25:00 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 472

This is why you needed to go to the meeting in Monday.

The cop-op will not try to be the sole arbiters for all Boro fans, just a collective pointing forward options and gathered opinions.

They are not a "my way or no way" group

This is not and "Us v Them" situation.

You seem to be the only Boro fan who thinks it is two opposition groups vying for power.

This is not what is happening.

Please, stop with this absolute fuckwittery.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

2 people like this 2 people

By VoR31/1 11:29Wed Jan 31 11:29:48 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 490

So the comments on here about the majority at Monday's meeting considering H&H to be the "enemy" are untrue & misguiding?

1 person likes this 1 person

By Greg (NBFC)31/1 11:54Wed Jan 31 11:54:04 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 471

Only one person actually said that. A few more clearly felt that way. The Co-op members were open minded and the FSA guy advised caution.

By VS Griff (VS Boro)31/1 11:47Wed Jan 31 11:47:36 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 442

Where has that been said?

By Greg (NBFC)31/1 11:27Wed Jan 31 11:27:56 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 453

It's really difficult not to respond sometimes, isn't it Hulla? My threshold seems to be lower than most!

By The_Hullablue31/1 11:42Wed Jan 31 11:42:41 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 473

I give up.

It wants conflict.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VS Griff (VS Boro)31/1 11:24Wed Jan 31 11:24:15 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 456

"The Co-op's steering group will recommend what is best for the supporters."

"That said, they will not speak for me, I have my own opinions."

sort of says everything.

2 people like this 2 people

By Greg (NBFC)31/1 11:24Wed Jan 31 11:24:02 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 463

You have your chance to make an input by contacting the Co-op. Are you a member?

By Boropod (BoroughPod)31/1 07:49Wed Jan 31 07:49:12 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 632

If we started in Step 6 would you go there to watch H and H Nuneaton United.
I prob would go, but only as its easy to get to for me and its a decent stadium with good parking.
Genuine question.

Note to self, 'be careful what you wish for'

By Vernon231/1 08:52Wed Jan 31 08:52:14 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 548

I am looking for ANY association with the recent past. If there is one dot then I’m out of it for good. It’s up the individual and their conscience at the end of the day.

By VS Griff (VS Boro)31/1 09:28Wed Jan 31 09:28:32 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 521

And it was explained on Monday that to ever have the suffix of "Borough" there must be a clear connection with the previous club.

(whilst I never liked "Town") I voted against return to Boro as, even then, it was associated with failure.

Anyway - irrespective of the formal name, people will call the club "The Boro" (perhaps even two clubs) so what does it matter. Stafford Rangers supporters still refer ti the club as "the Boro" (as I suspect Stevenage supporters do)

By Vernon231/1 10:06Wed Jan 31 10:06:21 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 498

Not the association with the name VS,an association of these prospective new owners and the recent administration of the FC.

By VoR31/1 07:51Wed Jan 31 07:51:24 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 585

Yes, definitely.

I think once reality sinks in, it would be a good venue.

Edit:

FC United of Nuneaton?

Edited by VoR at 08:19:43 on 31st January 2024

By VoR30/1 22:12Tue Jan 30 22:12:11 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 702

Those people/businesses who remain interested in having a football club within the town, that they believe is worthy of support.

By Armchair vulture30/1 22:01Tue Jan 30 22:01:42 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 729

Remember there were 5000 at the playoff final 😂

By VS Griff (VS Boro)30/1 22:06Tue Jan 30 22:06:11 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 695

As these pictures of Boro fans in the "away" end testify.

By Armchair vulture30/1 22:07Tue Jan 30 22:07:54 2024In response to Re: Statement from the club (Boro Leisure)Top of thread

Views: 679

Now considering there were 5000 there in a 4500 capacity stadium it begs the question where is everyone? Perhaps they had gone for a piss or JG had gone round and taken his cardboard cutout fans down😂

Previous thread: Off topic- cricket - Warwickshire by MJNB31/1 12:13Wed Jan 31 12:13:58 2024view thread