Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Nuneaton Town - 2024 by BoropodYesterday 17:05Yesterday at 17:05:50view thread

Oldest article: Cam McWilliams by MJNB8/1 21:11Mon Jan 8 21:11:02 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: A timely reminder - Don't split the fanbase by VoR1/2 14:45Thu Feb 1 14:45:18 2024view thread

Tonight’s meeting updates

By MJNB31/1 19:48Wed Jan 31 19:48:50 2024

Views: 1545

AFC Nuneaton

To play at Hinckley Leicester Road for 2-3 years

Storer to be involved as manager.

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person

Re: Tonight’s meeting updates

By Boro boy1/2 08:39Thu Feb 1 08:39:04 2024In response to Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 723

From what justin palmer as said on boro chat. He doesnt want t work with former board members and hes disengaged from a couple of well respected ones.

I think i can see why he wouldnt talk to previous "board member".

Open question.

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)1/2 09:25Thu Feb 1 09:25:29 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 636

There has been a lot of talk of "lets follow what Scarborough, Maidstone, Hinckley, Darlington, Bury, Kettering" have done.

Whilst I think its foolish to base predicted success on what others have achieved (each case is unique, and boro more unique than others).

The question I ask.
Had any phoenix club followed this model?

>>>> Former Nuneaton Boro fan <<<<

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)1/2 09:03Thu Feb 1 09:03:42 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 660

From FaceBook.

Are there 3 possibilities?

Assuming they don't pull out, what other options are there?
If they continue the "success" will be down to the support they get (gate and sponsorship). To maximise they need to embrace as many as possible. If they don't they will fail.

How do coop progress (I dont know). They don't hold any bargaining tools. Will not having a representative put anyone off from going?

I thought he spoke well. However, there were one or two alarm bells with me. Tbh I expected more questions and requests from the Co-Op. It seems the promise of having 2 supporters representatives on the board appeased you. Wasn't enough for me. He's already disengaged with 2 highly respected former board members and major sponsors which is a huge negative when he doesn't know the club and is outside the area. Perhaps that's why the linked in message went out. National sponsors investing at Step 6 or below is highly unlikely and like he said, he wants to put as little as possible finances in. I know the figure the 3 of them want to put in. Me and a few mates could meet that target during a whip round over a pint

Those asking questions was chosen by Ron Bradbury. Whilst he spoke well, I am not sure why Guy Hadland was given the microphone; other than Bradbury knew him.

Edited by VS Boro at 09:05:22 on 1st February 2024

By boro441/2 17:18Thu Feb 1 17:18:10 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 287

Guy Hadland , local lad , brilliant player I think / know he wants to get involved on the coaching side if or when,

By Boro boy1/2 17:05Thu Feb 1 17:05:11 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 301

THink Mr Palmer as a problem with the new owners, he's saying stuff again. Get the popcorn out lol

By Gustavus1/2 08:57Thu Feb 1 08:57:05 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 668

I think he’s the guy who used to be involved with Atherstone and said on Monday he’s not really a Boro supporter.

He tried to stand with the real sponsors on Monday

What he doesn’t realise is there hasn’t been a proper Board since stadiasafe. It’s one of the things I hope the Coop hold out for.

However he has revealed why sponsors appear to have fallen out with new lot and it’s interesting n what he says about the investment figure. I suspect we’ve ended up with Brokers again like DA Capital.

By Boro boy1/2 09:41Thu Feb 1 09:41:06 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 577

why have the sponsors fallen out with the new lot???

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)1/2 09:22Thu Feb 1 09:22:23 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 696

Bottom line.
The initiate will succeed/fail depending on the support it gets; Thats through the turnstiles or sponsorship.
Depending on this the level of process (facilities & Level of football) will be determined.

A few things said that set alarm bells.

Thing is.
* There is only one option available
* People want to support Nuneaton Boro;
* if it fails because not thought thrown / embraced everyone then only H&H lose money.
* If it fails, that would surely be the final nail.

It all seems very rushed to me.

By LukeS (LH)1/2 09:33Thu Feb 1 09:33:31 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 595

Very reasoned summary. In my opinion it is rushed for two reasons, one is to try and retain as much support as possible by starting in August, and the second is to get in before anyone else.

People should all remember that, no matter how this has been packaged (using Nuneaton Borough's website and socials), this is a brand new club starting in Hinckley, with the intention of moving to Nuneaton in the future.

By Barwell Boro (Spurs and Verde)1/2 10:00Thu Feb 1 10:00:15 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 569

Isn’t that exactly what the co op club will be aswell

A brand new club probably playing outside of Nuneaton with the intention of moving to Nuneaton in a few years

Only differences to me currently seems:

they have a ground to play at / co op don’t
They apparently have a manager lined up / co op don’t
They have finances in place already / co op don’t

Retired Boro fan
Tottenham and Austin FC sufferer

Edited by Spurs and Verde at 10:00:42 on 1st February 2024

By Greg (NBFC)1/2 11:38Thu Feb 1 11:38:15 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 477

Maybe I am misunderstanding something, but I don't think the Co-op is planning to launch a club is it?

By Barwell Boro (Spurs and Verde)1/2 12:03Thu Feb 1 12:03:31 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 431

Then are the co op doing then

Nuneaton boro is dead any club the co op start is a new club weather people like it or not

Retired Boro fan
Tottenham and Austin FC sufferer

By Greg (NBFC)1/2 12:08Thu Feb 1 12:08:25 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 427

I'm not sure how much more clearly I can say this - but maybe typing it in capitals will help:

THE CO-OP IS NOT PLANNING TO START A CLUB

2 people like this 2 people

By The_Hullablue1/2 11:39Thu Feb 1 11:39:20 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

No.

It is a red herring.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
How bright should floodlights be in the Conference?

By VoR1/2 11:41Thu Feb 1 11:41:05 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 466

What are the Steering group looking to steer?

By Greg (NBFC)1/2 11:43Thu Feb 1 11:43:42 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 474

If you had been there on Monday you would have heard them say that their task is to steer fans on the quality of any plans to form a club, and represent fans' views to new owners.

By mark-nbfc1/2 12:03Thu Feb 1 12:03:33 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 454

Yes, explore all the options that are available. That is to explore what the people who spoke yesterday are proposing in terms of fan representation, but other options too.

---
Hope is not a plan.

Edited by mark-nbfc at 12:12:37 on 1st February 2024

By VoR1/2 11:44Thu Feb 1 11:44:44 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 458

A very worthwhile exercise, thankyou for the information.

By Fromage1/2 10:12Thu Feb 1 10:12:25 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 537

No chance that AT would prefer to speak to the Co-Op rather than prospective owners of AFC Nuneaton?

By VoR1/2 09:52Thu Feb 1 09:52:16 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 548

Maintaining momentum is very necessary.

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)1/2 09:50Thu Feb 1 09:50:40 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 552

"Get in before anyone else", there is no one else, and as for playing in Hinckley there are no options to play in Nuneaton, what the hell do people expect

By Boro boy1/2 10:06Thu Feb 1 10:06:12 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 548

Lets put our trust in the people who pulled out of the original takeover and effectively start this whole process of a new club and liquidation of our boro

By Jebbs1/2 10:47Thu Feb 1 10:47:10 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 483

Lets put our trust in the people who pulled out of the original takeover and effectively start this whole process of a new club and liquidation of our boro

H&H are the ones liquidating Boro Leisure?

By ManorParkBlue1/2 10:49Thu Feb 1 10:49:02 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 482

I think because they decided to pull out of the Boro Leosure purchase.

By Boro boy1/2 10:50Thu Feb 1 10:50:44 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 484

Yes. Techinally H and H arent but they are part of the reason we are

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)1/2 10:57Thu Feb 1 10:57:58 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 486

You are being ridiculous

By Boro boy1/2 11:36Thu Feb 1 11:36:42 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 433

its just the way i see it, in a long list of events of how we find ourselves in this situation now

By Jebbs1/2 10:52Thu Feb 1 10:52:53 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

That's a weird ass way of looking at things ... by all means dislike them for whatever reason you choose to but blaming them for that is just daft 😂

By Boro boy1/2 10:58Thu Feb 1 10:58:24 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 470

no dislike here. Im waiting to see what they say comes into action now and not just words. Plenty of work to be done in a small amount of time.

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)1/2 10:40Thu Feb 1 10:40:49 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 490

Oh for Gods sake, would you takeover a basket case with no ground and huge debts, none of which they were responsible for

Edited by stone ragma at 10:41:14 on 1st February 2024

By Boro boy1/2 10:48Thu Feb 1 10:48:24 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

no i wouldn't but you seem to forget the debt had supposedly nothing to do with as why they pulled out of the first takeover, it was because they couldnt get back into liberty way. And didnt want to share grounds.

That is what we got told at the time. However obviously i know now thats wasnt the reason which is obvious now, weve been told rubbish after rubbish, by people and all we ask for is the proper reason our club have gone bust. Before anyone says we may never found out which is disappointing

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)1/2 10:50Thu Feb 1 10:50:44 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 472

The debt had to do with it as well, without playing at LW they could not bring in income that would have serviced the debt

By Boro boy1/2 10:55Thu Feb 1 10:55:13 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 472

I understand that but that wasnt mentioned in any of the statements put out by the club, I know im going on abit now lol but can you see where im trying to come from??? Reason for going bust was we didnt have a ground and AT refused to let us back in, that is the official reason to why we are being liquidated. The debt was the concern at the time even tho it was but in no statement it was the reason

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)1/2 11:31Thu Feb 1 11:31:18 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 450

IMO the loss of LW was only the straw that broke the camels back.
* Boro were going to lose LW in 'x' years anyway.
* The debts (as per CH) and fact they have increased £200,000 in 3 years (including a year the club made a profit).

By Jebbs1/2 11:36Thu Feb 1 11:36:06 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

* Boro were going to lose LW in 'x' years anyway.

It's been mentioned (Gus I think) that there was an automatic right of renewal... I took that as meaning we'd always be there... as long as we didn't fuck things up.. like we did

By Gustavus1/2 11:43Thu Feb 1 11:43:24 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 459

That's right and thanks Jebbs.

Noone ever seems to take that point in!

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)1/2 11:49Thu Feb 1 11:49:56 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 438

but JD interview said the club were looking for alternatives for when the lease expired.

By The_Hullablue1/2 12:17Thu Feb 1 12:17:11 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 382

It may appear to be the case that, and please bear with me whole I make this massive logic leap, the club officially have been clueless in some respects.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Gustavus1/2 11:51Thu Feb 1 11:51:59 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 416

Unfortunately that shows the level of legal advice they took!

By Jebbs1/2 11:48Thu Feb 1 11:48:27 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 421

I took it in Gus... from the very first time you told us 😂
If we hadn't broken the terms of the lease we'd still be playing football at LW and as long as we continued to be good tenants we'd always have played there.

By VoR1/2 11:49Thu Feb 1 11:49:26 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 432

Subject to certain conditions being met...

By The_Hullablue1/2 12:14Thu Feb 1 12:14:42 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 383

Yeah, that is exact hat was written in the post you replied to.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VoR1/2 11:48Thu Feb 1 11:48:27 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

The Landlord and Tenant Act 1954.

By Jebbs1/2 11:49Thu Feb 1 11:49:01 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 426

Jebbs2024

By Jebbs1/2 10:08Thu Feb 1 10:08:37 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 527

That's your options.
Do or don't.

By Boro boy1/2 10:11Thu Feb 1 10:11:30 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 503

it time for action now from them, if they start delivering and for the long term i may change my opinion.

By Jebbs1/2 10:27Thu Feb 1 10:27:45 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 501

They've created the new company for the Club to exist, They've sorted a ground, looks like they have a manager and will be finding out what league they'll be in in due course when the League/FA do the structure in the summer.

I've never started up a football club but not sure currently what else they can do.

It's up to each individual what they want to do.

By Boro boy1/2 10:32Thu Feb 1 10:32:32 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 490

Thats the plan but none of that as been confirmed, until its in writing and everything is agreed im still sceptile. You only need to look back to november and december to as why.

By Jebbs1/2 10:41Thu Feb 1 10:41:09 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 489

Hasn't the creation of the new company been confirmed? Those that use Companies House have mentioned something I think.

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)1/2 10:45Thu Feb 1 10:45:31 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 515

Its believed to be this...

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/15410803

By ManorParkBlue1/2 10:51Thu Feb 1 10:51:45 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 478

I think that’s correct.

Is Harris not on there because of the company he runs is being wound up by HMRC?

By Boro boy1/2 10:56Thu Feb 1 10:56:01 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 474

Thats a good start

By Greg (NBFC)1/2 11:48Thu Feb 1 11:48:51 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 439

It was mentioned on Monday that a number of his businesses have been liquidated. There can, of course, be many good reasons why that should happen.

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)1/2 11:51Thu Feb 1 11:51:18 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 403

Yes,

Answered very well also by the table.

By VoR1/2 10:38Thu Feb 1 10:38:24 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 479

A bipedal reptilian pokemon?

We are gathering a motley crew now here on the forum.

A Buffoon, a Squishmallow & now a Pokemon reptile.

Shall we all sign up for the Co-op steering group?

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)1/2 10:35Thu Feb 1 10:35:25 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 495

But the kit has been chosen :)

By VoR1/2 09:33Thu Feb 1 09:33:00 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 563

When is a decision expected from the FA on which Level our new Club will be playing at, I am presuming it will be in the Midland Football League, in any event?

Until that is known, a budget cannot be set.

By Wotnostrikers1/2 09:41Thu Feb 1 09:41:43 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 539

Very difficult to set a budget until they can see the support they receive via the gates.
I do think their ideas for pre season friendlies were original especially the Phoenix cup idea.

By mark-nbfc1/2 09:51Thu Feb 1 09:51:29 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 537

There was also a key characteristic of most of the phoenix clubs he mentioned to play in this tournament idea...
...they are primarily fan/community owned.

---
Hope is not a plan.

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)1/2 10:03Thu Feb 1 10:03:28 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 517

Yep.

and to have a friendly, both clubs need to want it

By Wotnostrikers1/2 09:56Thu Feb 1 09:56:09 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 511

We must wait until we are fan owned then Mark, it could be a world wide event by then.

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)1/2 10:05Thu Feb 1 10:05:27 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 502

FCUM do just that (and I think others) . They have certainly played in mainland Europe against similar clubs and also had a home friendly with (I think) Porto Lisbon

By mark-nbfc1/2 10:28Thu Feb 1 10:28:12 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 529

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FENIX_Trophy

---
Hope is not a plan.

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)1/2 10:34Thu Feb 1 10:34:52 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 466

Thank you. I am pretty sure they have played friendlies against other fan owned clubs in Europe (and I think USA).

They have also played Benfica B in 2015 in Manchester.

By VoR1/2 09:47Thu Feb 1 09:47:48 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 523

If they are looking at Levels 9, 10 & 11 I am sure they would have run 3 separate budget forecasts.

So, they must have the financial backing available to satisfy either the FA or the BCFA.

Edited by VoR at 09:48:11 on 1st February 2024

By Wotnostrikers1/2 09:50Thu Feb 1 09:50:50 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 513

You could have asked your usual myriad of questions directly if you had gone
to the meeting

By VoR1/2 09:58Thu Feb 1 09:58:23 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 498

Yes, I could have been introduced as Captain Google, the forums resident buffoon, the clown in the room, that would have cheered everyone up & lightened the mood.

No thanks, I am watching on with interest & if anyone wants to speak to me for my opinion they can get in touch.

By Wotnostrikers1/2 11:29Thu Feb 1 11:29:37 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 438

You couldn’t be arsed in other words

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)1/2 10:07Thu Feb 1 10:07:36 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 494

but you choose to let the dysfunctional people of Nuneaton screw it up

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)1/2 09:40Thu Feb 1 09:40:50 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 542

One would hope they know the sort of income they would generate and the cost of fixed expenses.
They would also know the cost of running a club at various levels.

Given this, the correct league for their finances could be applied for.

(illustration). Which league would a club that guesstimated it could sustain conf-north football apply for? The National, conf-North or Southern League. I know which I would go for.

Before I buy a car I make sure I can afford the car, the insurance, the tax and the fuel and with that pick one that suites my needs.

By VoR1/2 09:44Thu Feb 1 09:44:29 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 520

Very good VS, all logical but now answer my question please, when will the FA make a decision?

Then the new owners can fit the budget to suit the Level accordingly.

By Vernon Slain1/2 10:44Thu Feb 1 10:44:40 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 486

Any new club application to the MFL must go before the member clubs at their AGM to be voted into their League. The division into which a new club is placed is decided by the member clubs. After all,the member clubs have just gone through a season vying for promotion spots and a new club being placed high up would not be popular with a displaced club for example.

127–45-26-56–171-198…..160*/381

By VoR1/2 10:48Thu Feb 1 10:48:53 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 451

That makes perfect sense.

The only rider I would put on that is health & safety & security of supporters.

It would not make sense to me to place the new Boro in a Division where the clubs would feel intimidated by the size of the away support, which they need to manage effectively.

Edit:

More specifically, I wouldn't think being placed at Level 11/Step 7 would be appropriate...the Midland Football League Division Two.

The FA have only recently introduced their ground-grading requirements for Level 11/Step 7 & to say they are minimal is being kind!

Also that would mean a drop of 4 Levels for the new Boro, which I would consider inappropriate, maybe even wreckless?

Edited by VoR at 10:49:20 on 1st February 2024
Edited by VoR at 10:53:31 on 1st February 2024

By Vernon Slain1/2 11:00Thu Feb 1 11:00:14 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

I believe that Leamington,Bromsgrove Sporting and Hereford United were all placed in Division Two.

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)1/2 11:33Thu Feb 1 11:33:38 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 465

All three had stadiums to play on. Their own stadium........ not sure that is relevant, but needed stating as every situation is different.

By Vernon21/2 11:50Thu Feb 1 11:50:28 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 420

It was referencing visiting clubs with large followings.

By VoR1/2 11:05Thu Feb 1 11:05:40 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 456

Yes, I can still remember the worry that Dunkirk had hosting Hereford for their first game of the season!

By Vernon Slain1/2 10:55Thu Feb 1 10:55:58 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 455

All clubs in the league will have the same criteria to conform to. The onus will remain on the home club to manage their own responsibilities. And to add,the hordes of visitors will be fully aware of the consequences of misconduct whilst visiting away fixtures.

By VoR1/2 11:03Thu Feb 1 11:03:17 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 469

The ground-grading requirements for Level 11/Step 7 are as follows:-

No specified capacity.

No floodlights.

Covered accommodation for 50 spectators.

No seating.

One turnstile.

Hardstandings on two sides of the ground.

...visualise turning up to that!

By The_Hullablue1/2 11:21Thu Feb 1 11:21:52 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 439

That isn't true.

It is possible to be in that league and go against all of those things.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Vernon Slain1/2 11:06Thu Feb 1 11:06:44 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 450

Now the penny will start to drop for the many and not the few. The new club manager also has to ask players to come and play in this division. Kicking off at 2pm at times too.

By VoR1/2 11:09Thu Feb 1 11:09:35 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 448

Very much so!

I think Kyle Storer will include a lot of his promising Academy players in his First Team squad, supplemented by a few more experienced players.

It could effectively be a new Boro Development squad.

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)1/2 10:06Thu Feb 1 10:06:42 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 506

I have answered - As Andy Walsh (whose job it is to establish fan owned clubs and has done so himself....from scratch) said. The FA are only involved at and above a certain level,

Dave Sharpe gone missing.

By VS Griff (VS Boro)31/1 21:55Wed Jan 31 21:55:48 2024In response to Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 1046

Boy was he missed.

I found presentation to be poor.
Did we really need music blaring out when people were chatting? and at the end.
Harris only spoke once and that was to answer a question directly asked of Storer.
Still not sure why Storer was on the top table.
Grimes said nothing (other to inform Holliday that the club would be part of Birmingham FA and not Leicester FA).

In retrospect the format on Monday was far superior with questions being grouped in batches of 3 so reduced risk of back and forth with Mark, Jim and Andy explaining different things before opening to the floor.

Re: Dave Sharpe gone missing.

By ManorParkBlue31/1 22:08Wed Jan 31 22:08:08 2024In response to Dave Sharpe gone missing.Top of thread

Views: 971

At least we will have the standard points deduction each season if he’s still involved 🤣

Interesting information.

By VS Griff (VS Boro)31/1 21:44Wed Jan 31 21:44:20 2024In response to Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 1046

Gareth Deans son made a comment.

spoke of his time at Boro and ended with "give them a chance"

Edited by VS Boro at 21:45:05 on 31st January 2024

Re: Interesting information.

By Wotnostrikers31/1 21:46Wed Jan 31 21:46:22 2024In response to Interesting information.Top of thread

Views: 983

Who knew Gareth had a 75 year old son

By Gustavus31/1 21:46Wed Jan 31 21:46:21 2024In response to Interesting information.Top of thread

Views: 976

Didn’t he get us docked points which denied us the playoffs?

One of Ian Neale henchmen?

By The_Hullablue1/2 11:41Thu Feb 1 11:41:57 2024In response to Re: Interesting information.Top of thread

The only time I recall us having poi ts deducted leading to us not getting in play offs was we had been relegated from conference, years after IN had left.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)1/2 10:23Thu Feb 1 10:23:41 2024In response to Re: Interesting information.Top of thread

Views: 502

NO.

I have just been told on very good authority that Ian Brown was responsible for the points deduction during the time Richard Dean was involved.
Ian Brown soon afterwards left, to be replaced by Gareths son :)

Thats said, with Boro there has been so many point deductions :)

Apparently, once Richard Dean was the sole arbitrator of secretarial duties there were ZERO point deductions.

Edited by VS Boro at 10:26:41 on 1st February 2024

By Wotnostrikers1/2 11:43Thu Feb 1 11:43:31 2024In response to Re: Interesting information.Top of thread

Views: 422

Thanks for clearing that up Richard is a very nice man

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)1/2 11:57Thu Feb 1 11:57:02 2024In response to Re: Interesting information.Top of thread

Views: 409

I have been challenged on my view.

Suppose it boils down to when

For reference

2011/12 - 6 points - finished 5th in North
2014/15 - 3 points - finished 24 in National
2015/16 - 3 points - Finished 6th in North*
2021/22 - 1 point - Finished 16th in Southern.

* The big one. This was when Wilson was manager under the ownership of LT (or possibly LT/IN).
I remember going to Boston for what was the play-off play-off.

By Wotnostrikers1/2 12:00Thu Feb 1 12:00:33 2024In response to Re: Interesting information.Top of thread

Views: 398

To be honest it’s fairly irrelevant in the final analysis

By The_Hullablue1/2 11:26Thu Feb 1 11:26:27 2024In response to Re: Interesting information.Top of thread

Views: 447

I thought Aldridge Prior had already left before the points deduction that cost us a play off place.

Season 1 of town ... won play offs
Season 2 of town ... won play offs
Season 3 of town ... lost in play off semi
Season 4 of town ... won play offs (had points deducted but still got in)
Season 5 in conf
Season 6 in conf
Season 7 relegated from conf
Season 8 was rhe year I think we missed out on play offs due to admin error.

I think

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Wotnostrikers31/1 21:46Wed Jan 31 21:46:53 2024In response to Re: Interesting information.Top of thread

Views: 989

That’s him Richard

Meeting

By VS Griff (VS Boro)31/1 21:28Wed Jan 31 21:28:25 2024In response to Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 1005

It went pretty much as I would have predicted.

Re: Meeting

By VS Griff (VS Boro)31/1 21:34Wed Jan 31 21:34:10 2024In response to MeetingTop of thread

Views: 996

Important to know. They have been in discussion with Sporting Touch about the first team kit. Blue and White; the change kit will be chosen by the youth setup.

Now thats sorted all thats needed is a ground, a team and a league (and money)

By Boro boy31/1 21:45Wed Jan 31 21:45:24 2024In response to Re: MeetingTop of thread

Views: 936

So none of the big questions were answered then. Ground, league, when we’re starting up next season or one after. Do they want to work with the coop???

By Wotnostrikers31/1 21:48Wed Jan 31 21:48:26 2024In response to Re: MeetingTop of thread

Views: 930

The ground and kicking off in August were answered.

By VS Griff (VS Boro)31/1 21:48Wed Jan 31 21:48:12 2024In response to Re: MeetingTop of thread

Views: 910

I admit I am not clear about anything.

The "work with coop" was left pretty much open, so the ball is in the coop court to force open the door.

I got feeling people wanted supporters involved.

Lots of calls to embrace the supporters after what they have had to endure.

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)31/1 21:47Wed Jan 31 21:47:00 2024In response to Re: MeetingTop of thread

Views: 929

They cant decide which league

By Boro boy31/1 21:49Wed Jan 31 21:49:11 2024In response to Re: MeetingTop of thread

Views: 906

I’m sure I read on here there’s a deadline to say which league we need to be in. Can’t remember the date. Think it was 1st of February or march

By Wotnostrikers31/1 21:50Wed Jan 31 21:50:53 2024In response to Re: MeetingTop of thread

Views: 923

They said 1st March

By Greg (NBFC)31/1 23:05Wed Jan 31 23:05:40 2024In response to Re: MeetingTop of thread

Views: 797

The FSA guy on Monday said Feb 1st

By mark-nbfc31/1 23:28Wed Jan 31 23:28:56 2024In response to Re: MeetingTop of thread

Views: 784

That was for applications for a continuation of Nuneaton Borough FC.

However I think that would mean whoever took it on takes on the football creditor debt (and potentially other debt).

There is a later deadline for 'new' clubs.

---
Hope is not a plan.

By Greg (NBFC)31/1 23:34Wed Jan 31 23:34:05 2024In response to Re: MeetingTop of thread

Views: 747

Ah, sorry. I may have missed that distinction on Monday.

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)31/1 21:50Wed Jan 31 21:50:10 2024In response to Re: MeetingTop of thread

Views: 908

There is a deadline to apply, the FA decides

By VS Griff (VS Boro)31/1 21:49Wed Jan 31 21:49:55 2024In response to Re: MeetingTop of thread

Views: 905

Andy Walsh said 1st Feb.

Tonight it was stated 1st March and Andy was wrong.

By bert's dad1/2 07:49Thu Feb 1 07:49:03 2024In response to Re: MeetingTop of thread

Views: 645

Today’s Feb 1st. Will be interesting to see what is announced

By Boro boy31/1 21:52Wed Jan 31 21:52:39 2024In response to Re: MeetingTop of thread

Views: 904

Unfortunately I couldn’t make it. Let’s hope they got the date right but it would be typical us to get it wrong. Any info about Boro Leisure??? Plus I take it these guys are starting a new company

By VS Griff (VS Boro)31/1 21:57Wed Jan 31 21:57:47 2024In response to Re: MeetingTop of thread

Views: 857

Boro Leisure not really mentioned other than "its over".

A new company has been set up (I believe) its on Companies house.

I suspect the date is 1st March. Something a new club needed to know where its less important for the coop/FSA.

By Gustavus31/1 22:01Wed Jan 31 22:01:29 2024In response to Re: MeetingTop of thread

Views: 876

Were they told about Coop Steering Group and asked to engage?

By VS Griff (VS Boro)31/1 22:02Wed Jan 31 22:02:11 2024In response to Re: MeetingTop of thread

Views: 873

Not sure

By ManorParkBlue31/1 21:36Wed Jan 31 21:36:56 2024In response to Re: MeetingTop of thread

Views: 983

What youth setup?

AFC Nuneaton Juniors exist?

By VS Griff (VS Boro)31/1 21:38Wed Jan 31 21:38:44 2024In response to Re: MeetingTop of thread

Views: 941

Chap from junior section spoke very well. Not sure if his points/questions were answered.

By Wotnostrikers31/1 21:44Wed Jan 31 21:44:58 2024In response to Re: MeetingTop of thread

Views: 921

Garry Holiday told the youth team guy if he was him he would not just hand everything they had to some new investors and it would be their job to earn enough trust to eventually be able to bring all sections of the club together

By Wotnostrikers31/1 21:36Wed Jan 31 21:36:19 2024In response to Re: MeetingTop of thread

Views: 918

They have the money and the ground

By VS Griff (VS Boro)31/1 21:40Wed Jan 31 21:40:21 2024In response to Re: MeetingTop of thread

Views: 924

Where is this ground?

They certainly implied Hinckley, but nothing in black and white.

Don't two teams play at Hinckley now?

There is nothing in concrete yet.

By Wotnostrikers31/1 21:54Wed Jan 31 21:54:40 2024In response to Re: MeetingTop of thread

Views: 856

They said they had had very positive talks with Hinckley and implied it was where AFC would be playing.
I like what they said about having all the advertising, catering, bar sales etc

By VS Griff (VS Boro)31/1 20:03Wed Jan 31 20:03:35 2024In response to Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 1263

Was that said - I must have missed it. He on top table

By almost average 21/2 06:28Thu Feb 1 06:28:04 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 692

They said LR was the only realistic option that met their current needs and they had held positive talks with LR . They had made it clear they wanted it to be our ground / home on match days meaning we get all the takings from bar , food ect and the ability to put up advertising boards . Andy had said monday this would be a possibility when looking for somewhere to us but would obviously cost more .

By VS Griff (VS Boro)31/1 20:15Wed Jan 31 20:15:43 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 1196

Now - 45 mins in - Storer introduced

By The_Hullablue31/1 20:17Wed Jan 31 20:17:04 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 1195

They want him to be manager, but no club to manage yet

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By ManorParkBlue31/1 20:18Wed Jan 31 20:18:06 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 1214

The most expensive manager in Step 7 history.

By StockingfordBrew31/1 20:26Wed Jan 31 20:26:55 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 1172

With all due respect to Kyle Storer, legend player as he is I do think any reformed club should have proper fresh interview process. Especially after we find out what league we will placed in, the level we maybe in. It maybe worth going for a manager with experience of guiding teams from that level. I mean Steve Farmer maybe useful manager to lower step levels. Nuneaton guy who of course has managed locally and had success.

By almost average 21/2 06:31Thu Feb 1 06:31:23 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 650

Jimmy then

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)31/1 20:31Wed Jan 31 20:31:42 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 1127

Disagree think Storer will be the right person

3 people like this 3 people

By The_Hullablue31/1 20:35Wed Jan 31 20:35:30 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 1116

Why?
What managerial experience does he have?
What knowledge of steps 6 amd 7 does he have?
Does he have any coaching badges?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Greg (NBFC)31/1 20:54Wed Jan 31 20:54:06 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 1011

He definitely has coaching badges, because he coaches schoolkids in the town.

By The_Hullablue31/1 20:55Wed Jan 31 20:55:33 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 1025

Good to hear. Hope they are relevant to whatever level AFC go to.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Greg (NBFC)31/1 20:56Wed Jan 31 20:56:13 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 1006

As I said - he coaches schoolkids ;)

By VoR31/1 20:41Wed Jan 31 20:41:42 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 1073

UEFA A Grade.

By ManorParkBlue31/1 20:44Wed Jan 31 20:44:27 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 1063

Does that include “how to manage at a poor standard and get players at that standard” award?

By VoR31/1 20:48Wed Jan 31 20:48:21 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 1022

I believe our Academy still exists.

He is reportedly doing a good job there as Manager.

Perhaps we will see some promising Academy players given a chance to prove their worth?

By VS Griff (VS Boro)31/1 20:17Wed Jan 31 20:17:58 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 1143

He introduced but I still have no idea why he is on the top table

By ManorParkBlue31/1 20:25Wed Jan 31 20:25:25 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 1114

“If we get Kyle Storer involved, the fans will love it”

A bit like when Obama got loads of “cool” celebrities to endorse him.

By VS Griff (VS Boro)31/1 20:31Wed Jan 31 20:31:46 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 1073

Eventually asked a question and Harris answered before passing microphone over.

By Gustavus31/1 20:32Wed Jan 31 20:32:59 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 1090

Any guarantees given on investment and governance?

By VoR31/1 22:23Wed Jan 31 22:23:08 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 809

The FA will want to be given financial assurances, in accordance with their rules.

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)31/1 22:25Wed Jan 31 22:25:31 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 790

If you were there on Monday you would have learned that FA are only involved if the club wants to play at a certain level, below that its totally down to the league.

Unless I missed it tonight there is no certainly to what level any new club would (or could) apply to.
(I think it was said) that the FA would not look favourably on a new club due to its history.

By almost average 21/2 06:40Thu Feb 1 06:40:06 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 649

The big FA deal with everything at 6 and above ( Griffs level )
The BCFA / league deal with everything below .

They are aiming for step 5/6 ( big FA ) but if they cant get it will have to go lower ( county FA / league )

By Gustavus31/1 22:31Wed Jan 31 22:31:34 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 783

I think he sometimes posts stuff which is wrong to try and find out what’s going on.

He certainly does this with development and planning etc which he’s desperate to know about but nobody in their right mind would pass on privileged information to such a buffoon!

He tries to provoke to find out stuff like a Hobgoblin!

By VoR31/1 22:31Wed Jan 31 22:31:14 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 769

The Leagues are FA competitions.

The FA is the over-arching Governing body.

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)31/1 22:40Wed Jan 31 22:40:58 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 753

Thanks.

I will tell Andy Walsh that he was wrong. After all he is only the Head of Community-Ownership, National Game at The Football Supporters' Association and led the formation of one of the most famous fan owned clubs in the country that started from nothing (not even a phoenix club) than now own its own ground and who's average attendance is 1600+

He clearly stated to get into a higher league (Griff or above I think) that it needed to go through the FA otherwise it was down to individual leagues.

By VoR31/1 23:22Wed Jan 31 23:22:50 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 712

When you look at the FA's rules, there are constant departures with references to the NLS (National League System).

The NLS is the Non-League Pyramid in its entirety...eg the 5th Division in the Coventry Alliance sits at Level 17/Step 13.

The FA set the financial rules & as Andy has said, he believes any league below Level 10/Step 6 is administered by the County Leagues (there are dozens of them).

They are the same financial rules but the interpretation has been delegated to the County Leagues, because of the scale of the task involved.

Edited by VoR at 23:24:30 on 31st January 2024

By ManorParkBlue31/1 20:37Wed Jan 31 20:37:04 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 1094

Yeah, they said “it’s our company and we will govern it how we want!!! Keep us pesky noses out fans”

Limited company Mr Gousto. Do what the flip they want.

See you in five years for the same conversation (minus LW)

By VS Griff (VS Boro)31/1 20:51Wed Jan 31 20:51:33 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 1056

If I heard right they don’t want to build up hopes but have backing to build a stadium in Nuneaton but lots of hurdles.

DID I HEAR THIS RIGGT?

Also - potential for town of Nuneaton is FL

By almost average 21/2 06:45Thu Feb 1 06:45:55 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 651

They said they could afford to buy the land and build the stadium ( didn't say to what standard ) but as they were not local they had no idea what was available and this was something they needed to look into , but was there objective .

By VoR31/1 22:24Wed Jan 31 22:24:53 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 778

Didn't anyone immediately stand up & heap scorn on all of that?

By Hgblue31/1 21:27Wed Jan 31 21:27:54 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 961

Yes you did hear right. They said in the background they were looking for a suitable site in Nuneaton and that they had the necessary backing to build a ground. Not sure to what standard though.

By VS Griff (VS Boro)31/1 21:30Wed Jan 31 21:30:47 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 937

Thanks.

Best start getting the plans out for what Rushden and Diamonds built

By Greg (NBFC)31/1 20:55Wed Jan 31 20:55:32 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 1050

Is VoR there on the top table?

By ManorParkBlue31/1 20:56Wed Jan 31 20:56:58 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 1052

You dysfunctional swine!

By VS Griff (VS Boro)31/1 21:31Wed Jan 31 21:31:28 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 927

Thats assuming he comes from Nuneaton, otherwise he is fine.

By The_Hullablue31/1 20:56Wed Jan 31 20:56:16 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 1028

They wouldn't promise him uninterrupted air time, so he sulked at home.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VoR31/1 22:27Wed Jan 31 22:27:48 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 783

Fair comment.

Not the last bit though!

So, it's Hinckley Leicester Road here we come then?...YO!

Do you want me to let Sauce know?

By Gustavus31/1 20:42Wed Jan 31 20:42:09 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 1067

That’s what I fear

The guy that had done the companies house research on Monday was v interesting

By ManorParkBlue31/1 20:43Wed Jan 31 20:43:52 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 1029

How come you’re not there Mr G?

By Gustavus31/1 20:44Wed Jan 31 20:44:55 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 1027

Very poorly

By ManorParkBlue31/1 20:48Wed Jan 31 20:48:41 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 1030

Best wishes G-man.

Anyway….as we were. Let’s reconvene in 2027 when they’ve realised they can’t make any money and Mr Storer has spent the budget on a 47 year old Ryan Berwick.

By StockingfordBrew31/1 20:00Wed Jan 31 20:00:20 2024In response to Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 1260

Hinckley Leicester Road is much better venue than say Barwell. Only issue is again.. playing out of town. I just don't see the fan base being their, attendance will be around 200-300 mark. The move to Leicester Road would be a gamble for a start.

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)31/1 20:04Wed Jan 31 20:04:36 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 1214

Dont see a problem initially, 200-300 would be decent for level they will be playing at, the problems may come if the new club progress through the leagues quickly

By Wotnostrikers31/1 21:09Wed Jan 31 21:09:47 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 1000

Nice problem

By MJNB31/1 20:08Wed Jan 31 20:08:17 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 1204

Problems will come if we budget for more than 200-300.

I don’t want a club gambling with its future again.

By almost average 21/2 16:45Thu Feb 1 16:45:43 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 288

I was reasonably happy with most of what i heard last night . Enough so to give them a go and see how things develop .
Linked to MJNB point my biggest concern was they may be over estimating Boro's crowd potential particularly at step 6 based in Hinckley . 200-300 seems a sensible amount to budget for and would still give us a huge advantage over most other teams in the division .

By Jebbs1/2 16:48Thu Feb 1 16:48:41 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 251

You mention them overestimating .. what have they said they think attendances will be?

By almost average 21/2 16:54Thu Feb 1 16:54:41 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 269

Just keep going on a bit about our previous crowds ie the play off final crowd . To be fair they did mention the drop off in our average crowds over recent seasons . Just a feeling i got that that they may expect a bit more than is currently likely . As said i hope there budgeting for a sensible figure .

By Lord of the Manor1/2 03:46Thu Feb 1 03:46:37 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 693

Problems will come if we don't pay Hinckley the rent 😉

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)31/1 20:08Wed Jan 31 20:08:47 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 1174

Agreed

By ManorParkBlue31/1 19:54Wed Jan 31 19:54:48 2024In response to Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 1245

Get the red carpet out. The fans will be on board.

The legend is involved. All hail AFC Nuneaton

By Fromage1/2 09:25Thu Feb 1 09:25:33 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 518

I wasn't there but reading the posts on here, this seems to be my feeling from last night too, unfortunately.

A couple of sweeteners to seal the deal and hope everyone has forgotten everything that happened.

I'm not investing my time with them and can't understand why anyone should. Good luck to the Co-Op.

By MJNB31/1 19:51Wed Jan 31 19:51:56 2024In response to Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 1243

Want to play step 5 but likely step 6 or step 7

By Hgblue31/1 21:34Wed Jan 31 21:34:16 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 880

It seems that the potential new owners had looked at various clubs to invest in after being stiffed by Solihull Moors. They had watched the Boro half a dozen times last season and believe we showed one of the greatest potential ref crowds and size of the town. They seem to know Storer from their Solihull days. Sat behind a Co-op representative who was not amused by what he was hearing.

By VS Griff (VS Boro)31/1 21:42Wed Jan 31 21:42:05 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 911

and walked away from Solihull because of a broken "gentleman's agreement".
Earlier they said they wanted to run the club like a business.
You join the dots.

By Fromage31/1 21:57Wed Jan 31 21:57:08 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 846

Were any Dragons in attendance tonight?

By Wotnostrikers31/1 21:58Wed Jan 31 21:58:05 2024In response to Re: Tonight’s meeting updates Top of thread

Views: 857

No dragons but plenty of dinosaurs

Previous thread: Question - Junior setup by VS Dysfunctional1/2 10:14Thu Feb 1 10:14:51 2024view thread