Return to front page

Newest article: Re: and another by Spurs and Verde Today 06:48Today at 06:48:32view thread

Oldest article: Let the inquiry begin by Armchair vulture18/1 15:11Thu Jan 18 15:11:44 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: alternatives? by Camp hill reserves 1/2 13:01Thu Feb 1 13:01:57 2024view thread

A timely reminder - Don't split the fanbase

By VoR1/2 14:45Thu Feb 1 14:45:18 2024

Views: 481

It's worth considering the recent advice posted on here in recent weeks by a Hinckley AFC supporter & a Bury FC supporter, who both told us not to make the same mistakes that they made when starting their Pheonix clubs.

DO NOT SPLIT THE FANBASE.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: A timely reminder - Don't split the fanbase

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)1/2 17:36Thu Feb 1 17:36:03 2024In response to A timely reminder - Don't split the fanbaseTop of thread

Views: 265

And how is that to be avoided.

IF (say) JG set up a new club as did (say) Guy Hadland who is going to arbitrate which club the supporters would attach to?

>>>> Former Nuneaton Boro fan <<<<

Edited by VS Boro at 17:36:15 on 1st February 2024

By The_Hullablue1/2 15:13Thu Feb 1 15:13:05 2024In response to A timely reminder - Don't split the fanbaseTop of thread

Views: 374

Who are you issuing this reminder to?

We are the fan base or part of it.

The fanbase of the Boro has always been.split.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
How bright should floodlights be in the Conference?

Edited by The_Hullablue at 15:13:37 on 1st February 2024

By Barwell Boro (Spurs and Verde)1/2 15:00Thu Feb 1 15:00:54 2024In response to A timely reminder - Don't split the fanbaseTop of thread

Views: 422

Not gonna happen sadly

Retired Boro fan
Tottenham and Austin FC sufferer

By VoR1/2 15:09Thu Feb 1 15:09:48 2024In response to Re: A timely reminder - Don't split the fanbaseTop of thread

Views: 386

My view is that we need to keep the momentum going & if we sit back for another 18 months waiting to start a new fan-led Boro, potentially starting at Level 11/Step 7 (MFL Division Two), all momentum will be lost & with it possibly most of the appetite/interest for such a venture/adventure.

Edited by VoR at 15:10:06 on 1st February 2024
Edited by VoR at 15:10:30 on 1st February 2024

1 person likes this 1 person

By The_Hullablue1/2 15:14Thu Feb 1 15:14:36 2024In response to Re: A timely reminder - Don't split the fanbaseTop of thread

Views: 345

Who is proposing waiting 18 months to start a fan-led Boro?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VoR1/2 15:26Thu Feb 1 15:26:21 2024In response to Re: A timely reminder - Don't split the fanbaseTop of thread

Views: 348

If you read through the hundreds of posts this week, there is an optimism that a new fan-led Boro could be considered but it would not happen next season but to make that possible the membership needs to increase.

I think there is also reference somewhere to the Steering group being up & running in the next 4 weeks.

Edited by VoR at 15:27:00 on 1st February 2024

By The_Hullablue1/2 15:38Thu Feb 1 15:38:47 2024In response to Re: A timely reminder - Don't split the fanbaseTop of thread

Views: 360

And if you read through the posts, you will see the co-op has never said it would start a club.
In fact it opened the meeting by saying it couldn't, and wouldn't be doing so.

The steering group has nothing at all to do with the co-op setting up a new club.

Now, can you find me any posts on here from the last week that says the co-op will be looking into the possibility of setting up a new football club in the next 18 months?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Boro boy1/2 15:51Thu Feb 1 15:51:18 2024In response to Re: A timely reminder - Don't split the fanbaseTop of thread

Views: 316

Maybe the co-op could start planning for the future. Eg get a committee ready with people with certain expertise to run a club. Then also start getting finance and planning sorted to either invest in this new club or eventually buyout it out. Id like them to be ready to step in just incase this happens again. maybe that could be one of the aims

Edited by Boro boy at 15:51:39 on 1st February 2024

By The_Hullablue1/2 15:57Thu Feb 1 15:57:41 2024In response to Re: A timely reminder - Don't split the fanbaseTop of thread

Views: 323

Absolutely it should be the aim of the co-op, and IMO should have been the aim all along.

It should be run with the idea of helping the FC in return for shares with the ultimate goal of being able to take the club over.

That is my ideal.

The co-op and the supporters Trust before it did well-intentioned things I did not agree with.

I hope it never gives money to the FC without shares in return ever again. Not a pro ise of shares, or a discussion about shares, but cold hard shares.

I want the co-op to be able to get grants to build things at the ground when it is Nuneaton and retain ownership of it.

I want the co-op to help run things.

I wanted the co-op to have been able to have taken over the club before it went bits up, but it was too badly damaged to save.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

1 person likes this 1 person

By Boro boy1/2 16:03Thu Feb 1 16:03:22 2024In response to Re: A timely reminder - Don't split the fanbaseTop of thread

Views: 318

totally agree with this.

By VoR1/2 16:01Thu Feb 1 16:01:01 2024In response to Re: A timely reminder - Don't split the fanbaseTop of thread

Views: 313

That would mean the new Private Limited Company would need to be limited by shares.

By Boro boy1/2 16:04Thu Feb 1 16:04:13 2024In response to Re: A timely reminder - Don't split the fanbaseTop of thread

Views: 289

it is. see companies house

Previous thread: Tonight’s meeting updates by MJNB31/1 19:48Wed Jan 31 19:48:50 2024view thread