Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Other clubs by Unnamed SauceYesterday 22:02Yesterday at 22:02:50view thread

Oldest article: Cam McWilliams by MJNB8/1 21:11Mon Jan 8 21:11:02 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: UK Government White Paper on introducing a Football Regulator by VoR5/2 09:03Mon Feb 5 09:03:53 2024view thread

Coop Meeting

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)1/2 22:13Thu Feb 1 22:13:36 2024

Views: 1089

Thought this deserved its own thread.

To be honest - I would rather watch last nights to make sure I understood what was said.

https://forums.footballwebpages.co.uk/nuneaton/article/362566

>>>> Former Nuneaton Boro fan <<<<

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Coop Meeting Video - Part 2 (Q&A)

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)2/2 10:08Fri Feb 2 10:08:50 2024In response to Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 818

Re: Coop Meeting

By Greg (NBFC)1/2 22:45Thu Feb 1 22:45:41 2024In response to Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 957

Barwell Boro - watch at about 6:30. That makes it clear that the Co-op is not planning to launch a new club.

By AllyG1/2 23:06Thu Feb 1 23:06:33 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 916

Looks like someone else might be though.....

By The_Hullablue1/2 23:09Thu Feb 1 23:09:27 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 914

Mr Elliott is certainly posting oddly.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
How bright should floodlights be in the Conference?

2 people like this 2 people

By Jebbs2/2 08:20Fri Feb 2 08:20:25 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 822

Is this on Facebook? On his personal page or is he posting on Boro-Chat?

By The_Hullablue2/2 08:25Fri Feb 2 08:25:53 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 804

Posting on Boro Chat.

He does that sometimes.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Jebbs2/2 08:31Fri Feb 2 08:31:56 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 778

Ta 👍
Just need to find someone that's on Boro-Chat that'll show me what he's been saying.

By Boro boy2/2 06:47Fri Feb 2 06:47:27 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 848

I’m not really sure it is actually SE posting, think it’s a fake account

By The_Hullablue2/2 07:19Fri Feb 2 07:19:37 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 801

Nah, it is him.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By LukeS (LH)1/2 23:25Thu Feb 1 23:25:45 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 859

Not the most experienced on social media, bless him, but he's coming across like a band teasing a new album 😂

By ManorParkBlue1/2 23:16Thu Feb 1 23:16:12 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 864

Him and VOR have been sniffing glue.

By VoR2/2 09:19Fri Feb 2 09:19:29 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 772

Resident forum buffoon here, the clown in the room! (who just wants to hear the truth, the whole truth & nothing but the truth?)...

In my defence, if that is allowable?

HINCKLEY LEICESTER ROAD.

First common sense decision by our new consortium owners.

I was berated on here for even daring to suggest we play there...a National League standard Stadium that can be easily upgraded to EFL standard at minimum cost with the assistance of Grants.

GALA FIELD.

Second common sense objective by our new consortium owners, which I hope/even suspect they may be pursuing?

The only realistic site in Nuneaton to build a new Stadium, now that LW has been removed from the equation...I do not believe the "NO MORE FOOTBALL AT LW" claim by the way & I don't think the forum's resident Squishmallow does either in his heart?..such a bizarre decision doesn't make ECONOMIC COMMON SENSE...LW could be very successfully re-developed, IMO, in a JV Partnership to all parties benefit, including NBBC.

Dysfunction within the town rearing its ugly head once again.

So, MPB, why don't you try sniffing the glue that you alledge I am sniffing (that's a joke) & it might lift your spirits.

Just my thoughts!

Edited by VoR at 09:21:21 on 2nd February 2024
Edited by VoR at 09:22:57 on 2nd February 2024
Edited by VoR at 09:26:00 on 2nd February 2024

By The_Hullablue2/2 09:30Fri Feb 2 09:30:56 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 750

Even if any new Boro playing at Leicester Road won back-to-back promotions to Conf North level, they would have long left Hinckley and moved back to Nuneaton according to any timetable that has been suggested or would be acceptable.

So unless you think it is commen sense to still be playing best Earl Shilton as The Boro in six years time, there is no sense, common or otherwise, in your proclamation.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VoR2/2 09:45Fri Feb 2 09:45:28 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 721

Let's be absolutely clear about this Hulla before you try to dominate the forum for the rest of the morning (that's a joke).

To gain a satisfactory Planning Permission & finance, design & construct a new Stadium within the next 5 years would be a real achievement, due to the complexity of such a proposal & the time taken in working through the Planning process.

My advice to all Boro supporters, is to get it into your thinking that a 5-year groundshare at HLR is a realistic outcome & should be accepted...any improvement on that position would be a real bonus.

Also, the new consortium owners need to factor the loss of revenue during the groundshare into their thinking, or they could come a real cropper!

By Greg (NBFC)2/2 10:40Fri Feb 2 10:40:32 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 700

You have allegedly been a Boro fan for many years, VoR. Do you recall whether it took five years to plan, get things passed and build Liberty Way?

By VoR2/2 10:45Fri Feb 2 10:45:01 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 684

I have no idea Greg, I just enjoyed watching the football back in those days.

What you have to appreciate is that each Planning Application is different & has to be treated on its own merits & caution needs to be taken as to the duration it will take to gain a satisfactory Planning Application & to design & construct a new Stadium AT BEST COST.

Edited by VoR at 10:45:27 on 2nd February 2024

By The_Hullablue2/2 10:42Fri Feb 2 10:42:14 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 659

I never saw a plan for Liberty Way that looked like what Liberty Way looked like when it opened, or since

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By The_Hullablue2/2 09:50Fri Feb 2 09:50:29 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 697

Five years in the outskirts of Hinckley does not a Boro make.
If they are out of town that long, they are not a Nuneaton team.

I am a Boro fan and I am not accepting it.

Let's be absolutely clear about that.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VoR2/2 09:59Fri Feb 2 09:59:48 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 722

It doesn't matter what you or I or anyone think, that is the potential reality that all supporters will have to contend with going forward.

There are always Planning delays, there is also an extensive public consultation process & even if a satisfactory Planning Permission is gained there is a 6 week hiatus, where anyone can object to the decision & potentially force an Appeal, with the matter being referred to the Government Inspector for a final decision.

Everyone needs to realise that a new Stadium build in Nuneaton is not a given, the Planning process will be long & costly, with no guarantee of a successful outcome.

So, everyone (& I mean everyone!) needs to be behind a new Stadium initiative from the outset, because we must remember that NBBC are looking on at all times!

By The_Hullablue2/2 10:27Fri Feb 2 10:27:37 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 674

It matters massively what I think.

It matters to me.

Please do not tell Boro fans that what they think doesn't matter

And to then follow up "what you think does matter", with "everyone needs to be behind" whatever YOU think is hypocrisy in action.

A team playing outside Nuneaton with no viable plan to play in Nuneaton isn't a Nuneaton team.

Themselves be my opinions.
And they matter to me.
And by your logic they matter to the council.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VoR2/2 10:33Fri Feb 2 10:33:22 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 678

Your comment about there being no viable plan to play in Nuneaton is incorrect, that is an assumption on your part & you are very outspoken about people 'assuming'.

What matters, as I have pointed out is that everyone needs to be united around a new Stadium build initiative, if it has any chance of being successful.

What matters to us individually will be consumed by the PROCESS.

By The_Hullablue2/2 10:40Fri Feb 2 10:40:40 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 653

I did not say the proposed club did not have a viable plan.

I said a club without a viable plan to play in Nuneaton is not a Nunteam.

I do not have a clue if any of the new club's plans are viable as we do not know what they are.

Go back, have a read. You will see I have assumed nothing.

I will, of course, accept your apology for misrepresentation.

Now, what matters to you is not necessarily what matters to me.

I will jot be getting behind any plan I do not understand. At the moment I do not understand a plan to build a stadium in Nuneaton so I cannot get behind it.

Understanding matters.

And how on earth will me not being behind the plan hinder it?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VoR2/2 10:47Fri Feb 2 10:47:21 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 649

Strength in numbers is what is required...concensus of opinion.

No loose cannons!

Edited by VoR at 10:47:39 on 2nd February 2024

By Greg (NBFC)2/2 11:10Fri Feb 2 11:10:44 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 701

Does that mean we don't want anyone shooting off about huge stadia on the site they like, timeframes for development and EFL ambitions unless the owners lay it all out in details first? Asking for a friend.

3 people like this 3 people

By VoR2/2 11:25Fri Feb 2 11:25:24 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 685

The new Stadium design is about FUTURE PROOFING the NEW BORO CLUB.

I am really struggling to get that through to you, which is surprising!

I think you understand what I mean but you seem obsessed with trying to ridicule & undermine everything I say, to gain a few forum laughs?

For clarity, I will SPELL IT ALL OUT AGAIN:-

The NEW BORO will hopefully go on long into the future.

The new owners will hopefully be the first of a long line of custodians.

To future-proof the NEW BORO, there needs to be a Succession Plan put in place to ensure that future owners are not hamstrung by the actions of previous owners.

With the new Stadium design, it is essential we start at the height of our ambitions in the planning & then go to the bottom & work our way back up to the top, IN PHASES.

IMO, for the NEW BORO, that would mean gaining a satisfactory Planning Permission for a 5000 capacity Stadium including 2000 seats, which will ultimately allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two, also including for a floodlighting system to 500 lux.

Anything less than that will limit the NEW BORO's progress up through the leagues.

This is all a part of the process.

I hope my explanation is helpful?

1 person likes this 1 person

By Spurs and Verde (Spurs and Verde)2/2 14:03Fri Feb 2 14:03:56 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 624

You say getting through to people

But do you ever stop and think that on a forum where no one agrees with you / probably people starting the club don’t agree with you / basically no one agrees with you that maybe just maybe you are in the wrong

And maybe you need to get that through to yourself

Retired Boro fan
Tottenham and Austin FC sufferer

By MJNB2/2 13:42Fri Feb 2 13:42:36 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 612

Building a stadium based on getting 5,6 even 7 promotions

Really?

By VoR2/2 13:52Fri Feb 2 13:52:09 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 600

In Phases over however many years MJ.

By MJNB2/2 16:24Fri Feb 2 16:24:02 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 547

All the last week/month/year has shown me is that we have far too much of a divided and egotistical fanbase to ever be successful as a fan run club! Given the alternative to that is someone using the Nuneaton name playing on the outskirts of Stoney Stanton for 4 years, Boro is fucked and done!

4 people like this 4 people

By VoR2/2 17:02Fri Feb 2 17:02:10 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 495

We will be there for a good while, so the supporters need to get used to that idea...

By The_Hullablue2/2 17:25Fri Feb 2 17:25:49 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 452

No.
We do not.

We just have to ignore the emperor and his new clothes and realise that a club playing for years in Leicestershire is not The Boro, no matter what they say.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)2/2 17:30Fri Feb 2 17:30:32 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 469

I think its pretty certain (unless a share with Griff is possible) that any new club(s) will have to play for a period outside the boundaries of Nuneaton.

What I would like to see is a promise, followed by a commitment and then plans on how a return will happen.

Whilst a double edged sword - perhaps a year of hibernation occurs whilst work can be done to find out the clubs final resting point.

And we all love "the last game at....." celebrations :)

By VoR2/2 17:47Fri Feb 2 17:47:10 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 462

Which club is that?

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)2/2 17:49Fri Feb 2 17:49:00 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 453

The clue is in the words that were written.

any new club(s)

By MJNB2/2 17:32Fri Feb 2 17:32:49 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 446

Exactly.

We can all have intentions. And dreams. I’ll be bought in to serious plans.

I want to put some decking at the bottom of my garden and have a home office down there too. Without having a plan of how to raise funds to do that, it won’t happen.

The longer we play outside of Nuneaton, the less likely it is to ever happen imo. We need concrete plans to have mine and many others buy in, not promises and hopefuls.

By MJNB2/2 17:13Fri Feb 2 17:13:17 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 488

Respectfully, I don’t HAVE to do anything, least of all not what you tell me I should do.

If I want to support AFC Nuneaton of Shilton I will. If I consider Nuneaton Borough to have ended and have no affinity to it, what you tell me I have to do won’t change that.

By Spurs and Verde (Spurs and Verde)2/2 17:14Fri Feb 2 17:14:49 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 483

Well said

Retired Boro fan
Tottenham and Austin FC sufferer

By Vernon Slain2/2 16:40Fri Feb 2 16:40:39 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 517

Can it all be down to just one controversial managerial appointment ? But,regarding Nuneaton Borough Football Club,it is dead as the Dodo and I hope that the FC statistics guru does the decent thing now and draw a line underneath the lot and close the book.

127–45-26-56–171-198…..160*/381

By The_Hullablue2/2 17:28Fri Feb 2 17:28:47 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 447

One can point at lots of events and say "this is why it failed" but I think it is the last thing that is most relevant and that seems to be the non-payment of rent.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Vernon Slain2/2 17:37Fri Feb 2 17:37:22 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 468

One can indeed.

127–45-26-56–171-198…..160*/381

By MJNB2/2 16:51Fri Feb 2 16:51:53 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 510

Agreed, a group of amateurs playing at roped off parks with a home ground miles from Nuneaton should in no way be part of a proud clubs history.

It’s got bad enough recently as it is, don’t add to it

By BoroNotBoro2/2 16:35Fri Feb 2 16:35:39 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 474

Dysfunctional fans?

By ntfcadam (nbfcadam)2/2 16:27Fri Feb 2 16:27:46 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 516

Finally a little sense is spoken! Boro is dead.

By Jebbs2/2 17:13Fri Feb 2 17:13:15 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 467

I thought everyone knew that... that's why a brand new club is being set up.

By The_Hullablue2/2 13:45Fri Feb 2 13:45:29 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 585

Please keep up Mr MJNB, if that is even your real name, VoR has explained any club wanting to carry on the name of The Boro must .... "FUTURE PROOFING the NEW BORO CLUB."

I am really struggling to get that through to you, which is surprising!

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Greg (NBFC)2/2 11:56Fri Feb 2 11:56:57 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 607

Oh dear. I - along with many on this forum - seem to have trouble getting things through to you. You have come up with detailed proposals for Avenue Road. As far as I know, no-one proposing to launch Boro has even mentioned that site - yet there you are indulging your fantasy that it's the only site. It may be that H&H have another site in mind. Has that thought even crossed your mind? And that's just one example. It seems that once you have an idea, you just have to bombard us with detailed plans for it, quoting rules and regs ad infinitum - often repeating stuff over and over and over ....

What would be helpful would be for you to think things but not necessarily post them - just like you are suggesting for others whose views may not present a united front.

By VoR2/2 11:58Fri Feb 2 11:58:09 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 615

Read LukeS's recent forum posts.

By Greg (NBFC)2/2 11:59Fri Feb 2 11:59:56 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 580

Why?

By The_Hullablue2/2 11:31Fri Feb 2 11:31:56 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 617

Yo design a new stadium, you need to have a site for a bew stadium.

For it to be a Nuneaton team, that site needs to be in Nuneaton.

Let's learn to lif our head and roll onto our stomachs before trying to run an ultra marathon yeah?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By WCB (NBFC) (WCB)2/2 12:01Fri Feb 2 12:01:00 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 594

Just out of interest, where would the boundary of Nuneaton be to get a new stadium in 'Nuneaton'?

Griff Island one way?
Hartshill one way?
The A5 junction with Weddington Road?

Just wondering where possible sites could be if we took 'In Nuneaton' to it's outer limit.

------------------------------------------------------
Boro Exile

By BoroNotBoro2/2 12:05Fri Feb 2 12:05:27 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 593

It's more a state of mind! Or, defined by a negative (appropriately!) as in, not Beduff/Hinckley/Atherstone

By Greg (NBFC)2/2 12:04Fri Feb 2 12:04:34 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 599

Interesting question. I know at one time the Office for National Statistics - which calculates the official population of towns, classed Camp Hill as part of Atherstone. I'm not sure whether that's still the case.

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)2/2 12:13Fri Feb 2 12:13:13 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 588

Depends where they class Camp Hill to start and finish.

Its complicated "up north" with my MP being Marcus Jones but my council based in Coleshil.

Care must be taken on bin days as adjacent roads have different councils!!!!

By BoroNotBoro2/2 12:10Fri Feb 2 12:10:35 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 596

maybe there was a turf war for Camp Hill! When they were looking to create a N and S Warwickshire local authorities (to parallel the health authorities) neither wanted Rugby, and Rugby felt the same.
Camp Hill used to be seen as a scary place when I was growing up, then that rep went to Hill Top. Smiley face.

By Jebbs (Jebbsy)2/2 12:15Fri Feb 2 12:15:48 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

*Hilltop.

By BoroNotBoro2/2 12:21Fri Feb 2 12:21:43 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 584

Soz

By WCB (NBFC) (WCB)2/2 12:12Fri Feb 2 12:12:46 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 612

This shows the boundary to the North, can't find one without Bedworth on.

https://mapit.mysociety.org/area/2462.html

------------------------------------------------------
Boro Exile

By BoroNotBoro2/2 12:13Fri Feb 2 12:13:34 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 587

They won't be happy

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)2/2 11:29Fri Feb 2 11:29:13 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 610

IMO, for the NEW BORO, that would mean gaining a satisfactory Planning Permission for a 5000 capacity Stadium including 2000 seats, which will ultimately allow membership of the EFL Leagues One & Two, also including for a floodlighting system to 500 lux.

Where would this stadium be built in Nuneaton and who owns this land presently?

By VoR2/2 11:31Fri Feb 2 11:31:16 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 620

From what I have read on here, H&H are looking for a potential site in Nuneaton.

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)2/2 11:38Fri Feb 2 11:38:03 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 594

And with your knowledge of the town, where might this be?

I could identify places, but that does not mean they would be suitable or possible.

I am at a genuine loss. I can think of perhaps 2, but certainly no "given" due to many reasons.

By VoR2/2 11:44Fri Feb 2 11:44:48 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 581

The two most suitable sites IMO are Gala Field & LW.

By The_Hullablue2/2 11:48Fri Feb 2 11:48:03 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 598

And why would either of those take 6 years to be ready to move to?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VoR2/2 12:16Fri Feb 2 12:16:30 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Let me try to explain how finding a suitable site works.

Firstly, the UK Government provide the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) which sets targets for the Local Authorities to meet.

The LA's then start their new Local Plan process by producing a Topic Paper, which outlines the needs of the Borough (Social, Economic, Residential, Sport & Leisure etc)

They then move on to the Outline Planning, Draft Planning & Final Planning stages of the process before the new Local Plan is rubber-stamped by the Councillors in the Council Chamber.

For H&H to propose a site to NBBC Planners for development they have to find one, NBBC cannot consider a site on private land until the landowner puts the land forward & promotes the land for development.

The cheapest option for H&H would to be to agree to potentially purchase agricultural land from a farmer & put that forward to NBBC for consideration.

If the early feedback from NBBC is that they are prepared to seriously consider that site, H&H could take a risk on purchasing the site with a "hope" value, a sale price that would be greater than agricultural land value...THAT WOULD BE A RISK.

Then the greater task would be to put in a Planning Application & gain a satisfactory Planning Permission.

This all takes time!

I hope this is helpful.

Edited by VoR at 12:18:04 on 2nd February 2024

By The_Hullablue2/2 12:24Fri Feb 2 12:24:02 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 586

And this applies to Liberty Way or Gala fields how?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VoR2/2 12:27Fri Feb 2 12:27:33 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 600

Both of those sites already have sporting use, so they hold an advantage.

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)2/2 13:23Fri Feb 2 13:23:54 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 544

Advantage for who?

Suggest you watch the coop video -

By The_Hullablue2/2 12:29Fri Feb 2 12:29:11 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 583

Exactly.
Thank you.

Now, with that in mind, why would it take six years to move to one of those two grounds?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VoR2/2 12:32Fri Feb 2 12:32:14 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 575

That's a question best asked of the landowners?

My view, all things considered, that 5 years is a sensible & realistic target, given the complexities involved in the process, starting from where we are currently sitting.

By The_Hullablue2/2 12:33Fri Feb 2 12:33:21 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 558

OK, I will try again.
Why, in your view, would it take 5 years to move to either LW or Gala Fields?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VoR2/2 12:35Fri Feb 2 12:35:08 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 580

Because, that is my starting point, my gut feeling.

By The_Hullablue2/2 12:46Fri Feb 2 12:46:29 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 579

So nothing at all to back that up.

Right, moving back to LW would take no time at all. None. Once an agreement is found with landlords.
You mentioned that as a site while spouting 6byears (now five) so I have totally debased that hypothesis.

Gala Fields next.

It already has sporting use cleared so that is not a delay and to start playing there once an agreement is reached with the council, which could take just a few weeks, we just need to meet minimum ground requirements.
Now, let's work on the fact that if we are going to Gala Fields, LW is a no go, then all we need tonget GF ready would be either v cheap and v easy (hard standing) or buy able from the landlords of a former football ground at just over scrap value.

These things do not take five years.

They could do.

But anyone planning on them doing so is being massively pessimistic.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VoR2/2 12:48Fri Feb 2 12:48:27 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 562

Oh dear!

By The_Hullablue2/2 13:15Fri Feb 2 13:15:46 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 538

Which bits exactly have provoked that.
Care to explain what you disagree with and why?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)2/2 12:18Fri Feb 2 12:18:24 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 601

The cheapest option for H&H would to be to agree to purchase agricultural from a farmer & put that forward to NBBC for consideration.

If the early feedback from NBBC is that they are prepared to seriously consider that site,

where is this feedback and where is this site?

By lukey2/2 22:45Fri Feb 2 22:45:21 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 445

Not much farmland left around Nuneaton as most farmland are growing houses.
I would put good money on them not wanting a noisy football ground in there back garden.
Plus your talking a average of £25,000 plus per acre (price not for potential development).
I know how farmer's thinks (I am one, well part time now) and they would want big money as near to the equivalent to housing development figure's if there to sell to a football club.

By VoR2/2 23:26Fri Feb 2 23:26:02 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 409

If you are talking about the price for agricultural land, then you would be looking at circa £8k per acre...so if you are basing the calculation on 8 acres the price paid would be £64k.

If you are a farmer selling a field to someone who wants it for a paddock to stable horses, then you would be looking at circa £25k per acre...so if you are basing the calculation on 8 acres the price paid would be £200k.

If you are a farmer selling a field to someone who wants it to build a football ground, then you would be looking at circa £80k per acre (with a "hope" value)...so if you are basing the calculation on 8 acres the price paid would be £640k. If you are a farmer selling a field to someone who wants to build a football ground & you are prepared to take all the risk/cost of obtaining a satisfactory Planning Permission yourself, then you would be looking at circa £450k per 'DEVELOPABLE ACRE'...so you would then be basing the calculation on 5 acres & the price paid would be £2.25 million. So, the economic driver here for the person wanting to build the football ground, would be to consider taking the Planning risk themselves, if early discussions with Planners are favourable & pay the farmer the "hope" value.

Edit:

In reality, I wouldn't expect the farmer would want to take on the Planning risk & would settle for a good deal based on a "hope" value.

Edited by VoR at 23:33:00 on 2nd February 2024
Edited by VoR at 23:33:15 on 2nd February 2024

By lukey4/2 20:36Sun Feb 4 20:36:06 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 370

8k for agriculture land..... Where you get that figure from.

I know 25 acres of permanent ley up the lane from my grazing land.
No water.
No electric.
No development planning on it, never will obtain it.
No road frontage (only access down a green lane).
5 acres of it floods every year but grows a hell of grass crop every summer.

Sold for 24,650 per acre.

By VoR4/2 20:51Sun Feb 4 20:51:44 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 417

Savills.

Average land prices in 2023:-

Arable - £10,200 per acre.

Grade 3 Pasture - £7,000 per acre.

By Gustavus2/2 12:19Fri Feb 2 12:19:27 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 606

Much more importantly - and I hope Coop will take this up - where is the money?

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)2/2 12:20Fri Feb 2 12:20:36 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 597

where is the money?

FFS - you are so negative and such a stickler for detail :)

By Gustavus2/2 12:22Fri Feb 2 12:22:11 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 604

I know its not like we could make a world cup squad of chancers who have given presentations and fans forums over the years - which get lapped up!

By BoroNotBoro2/2 12:24Fri Feb 2 12:24:37 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 563

It's like being in a series of abusive relationships-we keep gong back!

By The_Hullablue2/2 11:44Fri Feb 2 11:44:04 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 570

I can identify loads.
Not sure how practical any of them would be.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VoR2/2 11:47Fri Feb 2 11:47:12 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 571

A key Consultee in considering any potential site in Nuneaton, due to our congested road network, would be Warwickshire County Council Highways.

Also Highways England would have an input.

By The_Hullablue2/2 11:36Fri Feb 2 11:36:53 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 589

Yeah, and I am looking for potential faires at the bottom of my garden.

Looking and finding are not the same things.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Gustavus2/2 11:25Fri Feb 2 11:25:04 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Yep and not revealing Boro Leisure have broken confidentiality agreements.

He also still hasn't grasped any Avenue Road proposals are nothing to do with the FC as outlined at the two meetings this week. (one done carefully and one recklessly)

By VoR2/2 11:28Fri Feb 2 11:28:17 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 586

I can only go from what has been posted on this forum.

By Greg (NBFC)2/2 11:51Fri Feb 2 11:51:31 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 597

You should know from your own posts that this forum is not a good place to find reliable information ;)

By The_Hullablue2/2 11:29Fri Feb 2 11:29:54 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 606

But you don't do that though.
And there are many other options.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VoR2/2 11:32Fri Feb 2 11:32:09 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 579

Please explain your logic for the benefit of the viewers.

By The_Hullablue2/2 11:38Fri Feb 2 11:38:09 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 588

1, you do not have to go off what is written on the forum. There are other ways to get information, such as attending meetings to listen and learn.

2, you seem to ignore pretty much everything that is on the forum, which uou claim yiu are basing your views on.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By The_Hullablue2/2 10:49Fri Feb 2 10:49:11 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

So,you tell me my opinion doesn't matter, then you fail to understand my opinion, then you tell me my opinion does matter but only if it aligns with yours.

My, oh my!

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VoR2/2 10:52Fri Feb 2 10:52:09 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 636

Aligning with the majority opinion would help but we are both a long way from understanding what that is?

I will be looking forward to seeing what the Co-op's Steering Group recommends as a first step?

By The_Hullablue2/2 11:07Fri Feb 2 11:07:33 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 619

I am more interested in hearing what the last chairman has to say, and what H&H have to say when they finally put some meat on the bones they teased people with.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VoR2/2 11:08Fri Feb 2 11:08:41 2024In response to Re: Coop MeetingTop of thread

Views: 628

I agree.

I hope that is all a part of the roll-up.

Edit:

I hope any prospective new Boro Club owner has deep pockets when the Planning process starts in earnest...

Edited by VoR at 11:10:34 on 2nd February 2024

Previous thread: 10 years ago today by Spurs and Verde 4/2 17:45Sun Feb 4 17:45:55 2024view thread