Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Didn't enjoy my trips to Solihull either by VS CityToday 10:27Today at 10:27:24view thread

Oldest article: Cam McWilliams by MJNB8/1 21:11Mon Jan 8 21:11:02 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: JG to Coalville? by MJNB4/2 13:30Sun Feb 4 13:30:03 2024view thread

Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-op

By Shrewblue3/2 19:41Sat Feb 3 19:41:19 2024

Views: 561

The Junior section appears to be very well organised, the same can be said for the ladies team. Very impressed with Matt Jeffries's contribution at the Co-op meeting last Monday. I understand he also spoke at the AFC Nuneaton meeting on Wednesday, although I will declare that I didn't attend as I for one do not want to see a repeat of the dictatorships of the past. I have a feeling that any supporter involvement will be merely lip service.
I am also disappointed by the fact that AFC is being supported partly by the old regime and seems to be steamrolling ahead with half-baked plans just to be first over the line. They also have the nerve to adopt the old Boro badge which the Junior section and ladies' teams wear with pride.
What I would like to see is for the Juniors and Ladies to join forces with the Co-operative, both have access to the CIC route. Down the line, they could perhaps look at forming a Senior/U21s to compete at a ground in Nuneaton as the youngsters progress. This would give the Boro fans a transparent Community option.
There would be the option of the Co-op assisting with funding via the '200 Club' which has so much potential to expand. My £ 120 a year contribution will certainly cease if H&H is the new beneficiary of any cut in the prizemoney.

reply to this article | return to the front page

2 people like this 2 people

Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-op

By VoR3/2 23:05Sat Feb 3 23:05:07 2024In response to Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 434

Pitch hire & the cost of match officials are a major consideration.

I believe that could have been a factor in the disbanding of the Boro U21's (?)

Edited by VoR at 23:06:42 on 3rd February 2024

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)4/2 08:31Sun Feb 4 08:31:04 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 375

So, whoever set up and run this had not considered cost of staging matches.Really?

>>>> Former Nuneaton Boro fan <<<<

By VoR4/2 11:02Sun Feb 4 11:02:28 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 324

I said 'a factor'.

By Shrewblue4/2 08:09Sun Feb 4 08:09:14 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 386

Captain Obvious - The Junior/Ladies section is already meeting the costs you mentioned, a link-up with the Co-operative could provide additional financial assistance. Also need to look at ways of preventing the Boro badge from being hijacked by AFC Nuneaton, as things stand this is the badge of the Junior /Ladies section.

By VoR4/2 10:49Sun Feb 4 10:49:12 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 319

As far as the Boro badge is concerned I would like the new Boro to adopt the town's crest/badge & for the new Club to create its own history.

That is just my opinion.

Edit:

H&H have said that the new Boro will have to earn the right & the respect of the Junior & Ladies Section, for the J & L to consider moving under the new Boro umbrella.

I think that is a very responsible view to take by H&H.

Edited by VoR at 10:52:30 on 4th February 2024

By The_Hullablue4/2 11:05Sun Feb 4 11:05:27 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 314

1, you want the new club to adopt the Griff badge?
2, you want the bew club to use Boroold badge?

Do you have any recollection of why Boro stopped using the old badge?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
How bright should floodlights be in the Conference?

By VoR4/2 11:09Sun Feb 4 11:09:53 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 325

I thought we were no longer referring to the old Boro & we are now considering the merits of the new Boro?

Edit:

For clarity, I do not look at AFC Nuneaton as being a continuation of the old Boro & I don't consider that they should be entitled to inherit the badge, as of right.

To do that they would have to earn that right & apply to the FA for their approval.

That would be part of the process, as supported by Andy Walsh's comments on Monday night.

IMO, the right to adopt the badge is not a given & should be earned, through due process.

Edited by VoR at 11:15:18 on 4th February 2024
Edited by VoR at 11:15:50 on 4th February 2024
Edited by VoR at 11:16:26 on 4th February 2024
Edited by VoR at 11:16:46 on 4th February 2024

By The_Hullablue4/2 11:27Sun Feb 4 11:27:52 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 295

1, It is not a new Boro, but a new club planning to start in Hinckley

2, have a look at the town badge/crest/coat of arms and then look at the Griff badge. Then look at the old Boro badge , as in the badge The Boro had before its current one.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

1 person likes this 1 person

By VoR4/2 11:34Sun Feb 4 11:34:03 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 287

Perhaps AFC Nuneaton need to design their own badge?

By The_Hullablue4/2 11:38Sun Feb 4 11:38:07 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 299

Without a doubt!

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VoR4/2 11:40Sun Feb 4 11:40:08 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 300

That would make both of us happy, at least!

Edit:

As an aside, the same applies to any new group/consortium who are proposing to start a new club representing Nuneaton, they will have to follow the FA's due process & earn the right to be called Nuneaton Borough.

Perhaps any prospective new club owners should be thinking of designing their own club badge?

Edited by VoR at 11:48:46 on 4th February 2024

By The_Hullablue4/2 11:48Sun Feb 4 11:48:51 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 283

A minute ago you were suggesting the new club took the classic Boro badge, which is rhe current Griff badge.

Now yiu want a totally different new one.

That is a big change of direction in the matter if mi utes.

It is almost as if yiu either have no concept of what you are talking about, or you are absolute troll.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VoR4/2 11:52Sun Feb 4 11:52:24 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 301

Yes, that was my mistake, I didn't realise the Griff had adopted the NBBC crest, my apologies.

By Gustavus4/2 11:58Sun Feb 4 11:58:10 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 295

They haven’t, they did what all the clubs in the town - Nuns, Harriers, Boro - did and asked permission to use the towns coat of arms because they carry the name of the town.

That then has to be granted.

Maybe Hulla knows better but I always thought the Boro changed the badge for merchandise reasons?

Personally I think the town’s coat of arms was the best crest in a Boro shirt! My favourite shirt I had was the one which Cov Telegraph sponsored

Edited by Gustavus at 12:01:54 on 4th February 2024

Favourite shirts

By Unnamed Sauce ((Dysfunctional sector))4/2 13:54Sun Feb 4 13:54:25 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 270

(wasn't that a hit by Haircut 100?)

yes I have that shirt and many many more. It was a very nice design.

Re: Favourite shirts

By Gustavus4/2 14:49Sun Feb 4 14:49:15 2024In response to Favourite shirtsTop of thread

Views: 266

Actually it may have been Nuneaton Telegraph in those days which is more logical.

But anyway it was a lovely shirt - I think the promotion one 98-99

I remember wearing it at lord’s to support Warwickshire in a final!

By The_Hullablue4/2 12:07Sun Feb 4 12:07:35 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 283

The Boro could not copyright the town (not borough) crest to sell merch, and stop others selling merch, so changed it.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Gustavus4/2 12:10Sun Feb 4 12:10:18 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 269

That’s what I thought. Thanks.

Nuns sell kit etc but I guess less worried about replicas

By The_Hullablue4/2 11:56Sun Feb 4 11:56:38 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 297

Did you also not know Boro used to use that badge?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VoR4/2 12:07Sun Feb 4 12:07:36 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 275

Yes, I was aware but that is not the NBFC badge that we are talking about.

I still think the best solution is for AFC Nuneaton to create their own history but in the spirit of the old club & design their own badge.

By The_Hullablue4/2 12:27Sun Feb 4 12:27:45 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

You suggested any new club used the town crest.
I am pointing out Boro used to use that badge.
If your club is not based in Nuneaton your club should bot be able to use the Nuneaton crest.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Gustavus4/2 11:23Sun Feb 4 11:23:03 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 306

And yet the last time it was claimed they were the old Boro on the pitch but not when it came to people owed money or legal agreements relating to the old club!

By VoR4/2 11:31Sun Feb 4 11:31:11 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 278

I agree.

We will always call our team 'the Boro', even if there ends up being more than one new club, that would be interesting?

A parallel situation is Wimbledon.

The fans of the original club now have two clubs to support, AFC Wimbledon & MK Dons.

Is either of the new clubs wearing the old club's badge?

Do the supporters of both clubs call their teams the Dons?

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)4/2 12:06Sun Feb 4 12:06:04 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Like every situation they are unique

I would go as far as Wimbledon was the most unique.
IIRC Wimbledon FA never stopped or went bust, they were just moved to Milton Keys, so a very good argument they were the same club.

By Gustavus4/2 11:51Sun Feb 4 11:51:35 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 279

Yep and Rangers tried the same trick

Kept banging on about 55 titles to make sure everyone thought it was the same club

I’m not convinced it’s ethical but then it’s not the supporters fault that clowns run their clubs.

In Boro’s case all the short cuts taken by Neale came back to haunt them unfortunately!

By VoR4/2 11:59Sun Feb 4 11:59:08 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 281

I believe that all any supporter wants is continuity of spirit & the hope that the club that follows acknowledges & wants to invest in the past history & traditions of the Club.

Anyone who is interested in understanding that before they get actively involved needs to spend some time reading our wonderful heritage project.

By The_Hullablue4/2 12:12Sun Feb 4 12:12:32 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 256

What spirit would that be?
What traditions?

I suggest you spend more time examining our history.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VoR4/2 12:14Sun Feb 4 12:14:07 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 250

For me it is our achievements on the pitch, inspite of what has happened off the pitch.

By The_Hullablue4/2 12:29Sun Feb 4 12:29:37 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 278

So you want the new club set up by people who live in Northants, that will play in Leicestershire to have pride in the achievements of a team from Nuneaton?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)4/2 12:20Sun Feb 4 12:20:20 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 305

Every success on the pitch (league wise) has pretty much always been followed by decline

Carr Team -> Kelly & Shooter - Including demotion.
Phillips Team -> Liquidation.
Wilkin Team -> Where we are today.

Yes, some had a step decline.

Boom then bust is no heritage.

Edited by VS Boro at 12:20:44 on 4th February 2024

By VoR4/2 12:30Sun Feb 4 12:30:15 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 277

Boro fans have a unique sense of spirit.

Manor Park was a place which possessed that spirit.

Liberty Way did not possess that sense of spirit.

What we need now is a new Club that has a new Stadium & once again both entities regain that unique sense of spirit that has been sadly missing IMO since we left Manor Park.

I believe that is still possible if any potential new owners understand & accept the challenges that lie ahead.

End of Sermon.

By Greg (NBFC)4/2 14:19Sun Feb 4 14:19:19 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 239

You do realise that within the last few months you have championed spending money to develop LW, spending money to develop HLR and now building a whole new stadium. Taking that alongside the badge discussion above, can we all agree that consistency is not something you value too much?

By VoR4/2 14:25Sun Feb 4 14:25:00 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 257

You cannot take those comments now & apply them retrospectively.

It's like the law, you cannot apply the law retrospectively.

My comments applied at the time & not now in hindsight.

By The_Hullablue4/2 15:20Sun Feb 4 15:20:41 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 222

Your comments were pure idiocy both now and then.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VoR4/2 15:31Sun Feb 4 15:31:32 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 233

Like playing at HLR?

By The_Hullablue4/2 15:40Sun Feb 4 15:40:17 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 243

Yes.
Absolutely.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)4/2 15:38Sun Feb 4 15:38:19 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 226

Over the next 37 days I will selected the correct number that should be used on roulette and I bet I will be right

By Greg (NBFC)4/2 15:35Sun Feb 4 15:35:19 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 236

Didn't you say we should play there for five years?

By VoR4/2 15:36Sun Feb 4 15:36:38 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 226

Very realistically yes.

By Greg (NBFC)4/2 15:41Sun Feb 4 15:41:42 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 230

But doesn't that directly contradict what the potential phoenix club owners are saying?

By Greg (NBFC)4/2 15:12Sun Feb 4 15:12:41 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 224

But just think about it for a moment. If you weren't constantly giving your view of what the club, fans, prospective owners, phoenix clubs (and for that matter absolutely everyone else) should be doing at all times on every aspect of their behaviour and management, you would not be constantly contradicting your previous comments and views.

Sometimes, you need to just hold thoughts in your head rather than committing them directly to type. It's actually OK to not have a view on every single topic and thread.

By VoR4/2 15:15Sun Feb 4 15:15:15 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 236

My comments are made in the moment.

It is in the moment that they are relevant.

The Boro's situation is very fluid.

Edited by VoR at 15:15:24 on 4th February 2024

By Greg (NBFC)4/2 15:31Sun Feb 4 15:31:52 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 232

I think you miss the point, VoR. If you look back on an assertion or opinion you made and, with hindsight, it was wrong, then thye logical assumption is that you should not have made it. Therefore, before typing anything at all, you should ask these questions:

Do I have all the information I need before expressing a view?

Is Boro's situation stable enough for this view to keep its relevance?

Am I (in the case, you) qualified enough to make a sensible assertion?

Is my view of any relevance or interest to everyone else in the thread?

If the answer to any of these is no, then maybe you should just not start typing that thought that's floating around your head. Only children can be forgiven for speaking without applying filters. As I said, it's perfectly OK for you to let threads go by without making a contribution.

By The_Hullablue4/2 15:21Sun Feb 4 15:21:55 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 209

They may be relevant to you, but they are also ill-informed, ill-thought out and irrelevant.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Spurs and Verde (Spurs and Verde)4/2 15:15Sun Feb 4 15:15:10 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 217

Can I have a hallelujah

Retired Boro fan
Tottenham and Austin FC sufferer

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)4/2 12:47Sun Feb 4 12:47:36 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 272

Boro fans are unique - really?

Do you think that’s down to their “dysfunctional” nature.

Which boro “fans” are we speaking of because they are divided on a lot of things. In other words - there are 500 unique Boro fans

By VoR4/2 12:50Sun Feb 4 12:50:58 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

That is our uniqueness!

We can stiil create that sense of spirit inspite of the dysfunctionality.

Edited by VoR at 12:52:05 on 4th February 2024

By The_Hullablue4/2 12:53Sun Feb 4 12:53:11 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 267

Grab a dictionary.
Look up the word "unique".
Understand you are using it wrong.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By The_Hullablue4/2 13:00Sun Feb 4 13:00:15 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 280

Sorry for double post.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By The_Hullablue4/2 12:53Sun Feb 4 12:53:00 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 252

Grab a dictionary.
Look up the word "unique".
Understand you are using it wrong.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By The_Hullablue4/2 12:33Sun Feb 4 12:33:10 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 274

What was unique about Boro fans' sense of spirit? How was it different to any other club? How can that be replicated if it is/was unique?

What are the challenges any new club would need to understand and accept?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VoR4/2 12:34Sun Feb 4 12:34:49 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Replicated through our footballing DNA, which needs to be understood.

By The_Hullablue4/2 12:36Sun Feb 4 12:36:26 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 277

With all due respect, that is absolute bollocks.
If you cannot quantify it, don't ask others to replicate it.

There is nothing unique about Boro fans and our "spirit".

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Gustavus4/2 12:05Sun Feb 4 12:05:53 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 273

Yep and Coton Heritage Centre has a good display to support from Town to Town.

But I do think we have to remember that a lot of local people (and national) have lost a lot of money they were owed on 4 occasions now!

By The_Hullablue4/2 11:32Sun Feb 4 11:32:26 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 286

I do bot think there is a single original Wimbledon fan out there who thinks they have two teams to support.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VoR4/2 11:39Sun Feb 4 11:39:05 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 280

Does building a new Stadium back at the old club's roots in Plough Lane & calling themselves AFC Wimbledon entitle the new club to seek to be a continuation of the old Wimbledon club, in spirit?

They appear to be happy to call themselves AFC Wimbledon.

Where does this leave MK Dons in the mix?

Edited by VoR at 11:39:15 on 4th February 2024

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)4/2 12:06Sun Feb 4 12:06:54 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 276

They now have that right. I think even MK Dons have acknowledge THEY are a new club.

By VoR4/2 12:12Sun Feb 4 12:12:22 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 268

For that to be the case would require a formal approval from the FA, as as happened recently with Bury.

By Gustavus4/2 12:11Sun Feb 4 12:11:41 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 273

I think MK still claim Wimbledon history and the bitterness is about the fact they still use Dons!

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)4/2 12:16Sun Feb 4 12:16:49 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 266

The team's new ground, Stadium MK, opened three years later. MK Dons initially claimed Wimbledon F.C.'s heritage and history, but officially renounced this in 2007.

By Gustavus4/2 12:46Sun Feb 4 12:46:10 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 254

Ah ok but still
Call themselves Dons which seems to most annoy Wimbledon!

By The_Hullablue4/2 11:46Sun Feb 4 11:46:07 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 287

They are without a doubt a continuation of Wimbledon. The fans had the club stolen for them and took it back.
MK Don's are a plastic club with no history.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Gustavus4/2 11:49Sun Feb 4 11:49:53 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 274

AFC won’t even mention the other side in programmes or social media.

They say not a rivalry because too much bad blood. They try to play the fixture but without any acknowledgement

MK should have developed their own team but it was around the time Tony Blair wanted Wimbledon to move to Dublin. The Villa Secretary Steve stride on some sort of FA Panel was one of the three who tow their shame allowed the new club.

By Wotnostrikers3/2 23:07Sat Feb 3 23:07:15 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 384

Paid for by the match day fans

By Vernon Slain3/2 21:25Sat Feb 3 21:25:24 2024In response to Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 407

Shrewblue. It has been some time since my last involvement,but I am pretty sure that if the quoted sections have the same BCFA Affiliation number as the NBFC then control of the section will lie with NBFC. But that entity has resigned their position within the FA Pyramid so there should be scope to change things if that is their aim. Or I may be getting hold of the wrong end of the stick in that case,apologies.

127–45-26-56–171-198…..160*/381

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)3/2 20:33Sat Feb 3 20:33:15 2024In response to Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 434

I too was impressed with (I assume) was Matt Jefferies at both meetings. He spoken with passion for what he was doing.

I did ask the question on here why there were concerns about the junior section as I thought they were separate.

I now know a bit more. Whilst they are separate entities there are a lot of links between the CIC and Boro Leisure, including some employees and finances (although both have own accounts).

I concur with your concerns, but it may be another case of "lets wait and see" or "watch this space:

I have also been told the junior section are likely to have to removed the Boro' part of their name

By Wotnostrikers3/2 19:55Sat Feb 3 19:55:03 2024In response to Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 446

Matt also spoke eloquently and passionately at the AFC meeting and made it clear the ladies and junior sections would not be handing over anything to H&H any time soon.
I admit I came away from that meeting feeling quite positive but over the past couple of days after digesting their presentation I now think it is time to allow the co-op steering committee to carry out a little due diligence.
I have grave concerns about the H&H ideas and motives and I am now leaning towards a more locally driven pheonix club with a more detailed look at a future location in the town.

By Boropod (BoroughPod)3/2 20:04Sat Feb 3 20:04:03 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 447

'a more locally driven pheonix club'
Who is driving this, I must have missed something.

Note to self, 'be careful what you wish for'

By Wotnostrikers3/2 20:26Sat Feb 3 20:26:47 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 424

The co-op initially ,and I am sure they are not convinced by Garry Holliday and neither now am I.
Andy Walsh stated that he would help the co-op through the different processes as the steering committee does their work and he certainly didn’t rule out different ideas of how an alternative to the AFC model could be developed.

By The_Hullablue3/2 20:50Sat Feb 3 20:50:15 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 402

The co-op are not looking to create and run a new club.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By blueandwhitemad3/2 20:53Sat Feb 3 20:53:37 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 386

Exactly.

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)3/2 20:35Sat Feb 3 20:35:59 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 422

Irrespective of what ever outcome happens, the coop having Andy on board is a massive positive (not just for the coop but potentially H&H if they choose to embrace).

Shame he had to deal with a heckler on Monday, but he dealt with that.

By Gustavus3/2 20:05Sat Feb 3 20:05:46 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 443

I think (hope) that’s what we are all waiting for!

By The_Hullablue3/2 20:08Sat Feb 3 20:08:29 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 450

Our former chairman (who seems to be getting a lot of blame from some quarters for the Boro's demise) was posting on Boro Chat suggesting an alternative is on its way.

I've heard lots of rumours about a group, including people well known to us, who are planning to get something off the ground.

They may have a better claim to Boro's name but I am not sure I would be happy with it.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Breadline (Helpline......999)3/2 20:46Sat Feb 3 20:46:42 2024In response to Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-opTop of thread

Views: 408

Are you Jason in de-skies...🎼🎼🎼

Previous thread: Griff v Paget Rangers match thread by StockingfordBrew3/2 09:59Sat Feb 3 09:59:43 2024view thread