Return to front page

Newest article: Other clubs by VS CityYesterday 08:55Yesterday at 08:55:44view thread

Oldest article: Cam McWilliams by MJNB8/1 21:11Mon Jan 8 21:11:02 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Rich Lavery to Barwell?? by s. tone ragma715/2 23:38Thu Feb 15 23:38:11 2024view thread

Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering Group

By mark-nbfc7/2 13:18Wed Feb 7 13:18:56 2024

Views: 2040

๐๐”๐ˆ๐‹๐ƒ๐ˆ๐๐† ๐€ ๐…๐Ž๐Ž๐“๐๐€๐‹๐‹ ๐‚๐‹๐”๐ ๐…๐Ž๐‘ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐๐„๐Ž๐๐‹๐„ ๐Ž๐… ๐๐”๐๐„๐€๐“๐Ž๐

At a meeting on 29 January 2024, the Supporters Co-operative agreed to form a Steering Group to explore options for rebuilding the football club. The Steering Group met on 5 February 2024 and unanimously agreed that any new club MUST have the fans at the heart of its decision-making process. This means elected fan representatives taking a leading role in the clubโ€™s governance to ensure transparency and accountability.

๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฏ๐ข๐ฌ๐ข๐จ๐ง? The Steering Group supports the formation of a Community Interest Company (CIC) that benefits not only the football club but the town as a whole. Our view is that a CIC is preferable to a club led by a private business, which would not necessarily act for the community. A CIC is the ideal vehicle for us, as proud Nuneatonians, to make a positive impact on our local community. The Supporters Co-operative is supporting a group of sponsors and sporting bodies within the community to build a club and team for the future.

๐–๐ก๐จ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐œ๐ฅ๐ฎ๐›? The board of the CIC will consist of elected fan representatives, sponsors and other local institutions. It will not be run by the Supporters Co-operative, and will NOT be run to raise money for owners and shareholders.

๐–๐ก๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐ง? Forming a CIC will end the boom-and-bust cycle that has dogged the club throughout its recent history and enable us to leave a lasting legacy for future generations of Boro fans.

๐‡๐จ๐ฐ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐๐ข๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐ญ๐จ ๐›๐ž๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ž? A CIC is the best way to ensure that revenue raised by the football club will be reinvested solely for the benefit of the football club and the local community โ€“ something that we, the Steering Group, believe in passionately.

๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ง๐ž๐ž๐๐ฌ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ž๐ง? Discussions are already well underway to form a new club. The deadline for our application to join the National League System in time for next season is 1 March 2024.

๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ ๐ฎ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฐ๐ž ๐›๐ž ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐ฒ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ข๐ง? We aim to apply for step 5 but no new club can guarantee where it will be placed in the National League System.

๐–๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฐ๐ž ๐›๐ž ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐ฒ๐ข๐ง๐ ? We have identified short-term groundshare opportunities and these will be followed up in the next few days. We are also in talks to bring the club back to its own ground in Nuneaton as soon as possible.

๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐œ๐ฅ๐ฎ๐› ๐›๐ž ๐œ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ž๐? We want to involve fans from the outset and intend to run a poll, with the help of the Football Supportersโ€™ Association so you can choose the name of YOUR club. Details will follow as soon as the poll has been set up.

๐‡๐จ๐ฐ ๐ฆ๐ฎ๐œ๐ก ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ข๐ญ ๐œ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ โ€“ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฐ๐ก๐จโ€™๐ฌ ๐ ๐จ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ข๐ญ? We have talked with local businesses and prospective sponsors about funding. As long as the fan base is behind us, we believe the cost of getting our club back up and running in the National League System will not be beyond our reach.

๐Ž๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ง๐ž๐ฑ๐ญ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐ฉ๐ฌ: All of these discussions are gathering pace with a view to finalising firm commitments in the coming days. The Steering Group is meeting again on 12 February 2024 and will share more information with fans after that.

๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐œ๐š๐ง ๐Ÿ๐š๐ง๐ฌ ๐๐จ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ก๐ž๐ฅ๐ฉ? We urge all Boro fans to join the Supporters Co-operative. Thereโ€™s strength in numbers and a united front is key to giving you, the long-suffering fans, the club you deserve.

Join by emailing your name and contact details to [email protected] and transferring ยฃ2 for annual membership or ยฃ20 life membership to our bank account (Sort Code: 08-92-99 Acc No.: 65079717) with your name in the reference.

For more information, please contact the Supporters Co-operative at: [email protected]

---
Hope is not a plan.

reply to this article | return to the front page

7 people like this 7 people

Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering Group

By catch227/2 18:56Wed Feb 7 18:56:03 2024In response to Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 1262

I've got a couple of jumpers that can be used for goal posts , also the misses will let me have 2 bob out the housekeeping money . Lol lol

H&H withdraw

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)7/2 16:35Wed Feb 7 16:35:23 2024In response to Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 1710

Lasted longer than DA Capital

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/nuneatonboroughfc/news/proposals-withdrawn-2832109.html

>>>> Former Nuneaton Boro fan <<<<

H and H back?

By Boropod (BoroughPod)11/2 07:34Sun Feb 11 07:34:20 2024In response to H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 854

According to Boro Chat H and H back on again.

Note to self, 'be careful what you wish for'

Interesting

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)11/2 09:53Sun Feb 11 09:53:48 2024In response to H and H back?Top of thread

Views: 805

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/nuneatonboroughfc/news/proposals-withdrawn-2832109.html

This was their withdrawal statement.

I wanted to check my memory, in that the said "We dont want to split the fanbase"

Re: Interesting

By Fromage15/2 09:52Thu Feb 15 09:52:43 2024In response to Interesting Top of thread

Views: 443

Has their statement been removed?

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)15/2 09:54Thu Feb 15 09:54:53 2024In response to Re: Interesting Top of thread

Views: 453

That was my point.

They announce "new team"
They announce "withdrawn" (as per link).
now......who knows

By Jebbs11/2 10:36Sun Feb 11 10:36:19 2024In response to Interesting Top of thread

Views: 689

Looks like they've realised the fan base is already split.

By Camp hill reserves (Camp hill reserves)11/2 10:54Sun Feb 11 10:54:00 2024In response to Re: Interesting Top of thread

Views: 669

Hardly a split , again they said that about the co-op again they misjudged the room

Iโ€™m confident that will change soon enough also

By Jebbs11/2 10:57Sun Feb 11 10:57:33 2024In response to Re: Interesting Top of thread

Views: 639

Some fans want a H&H approach to running a football club.
Some fans want a CIC approach to running a football club.

If that's not a split fanbase I don't know what is.

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)11/2 11:07Sun Feb 11 11:07:37 2024In response to Re: Interesting Top of thread

Views: 663

If I have read things properly.

H&H did not want to split the fan base so pulled out.
If they have now re-penetrated then surly this goes against what they said.

Due to timing of closure and fact Liberty Way seems closed for good I would liked to have seen a "year off". I understand the rush, but perhaps a year off would have also helped enthusiasm when it did return

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)11/2 11:49Sun Feb 11 11:49:07 2024In response to Re: Interesting Top of thread

Views: 595

If you eead properly they said they are considering coming back because a number of fans have contacted them and asked them to

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)11/2 11:56Sun Feb 11 11:56:41 2024In response to Re: Interesting Top of thread

Views: 580

I was stating the reason for pulling out. They did not want to split the fan-base.......but have returned* and in doing so have split the fanbase.

* Where is this announced? How does anyone contact them?

Edited by VS Boro at 11:56:55 on 11th February 2024

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)11/2 11:58Sun Feb 11 11:58:16 2024In response to Re: Interesting Top of thread

Views: 592

Again i will repeat they haven't returned yet but are considering it because fans have asked them to

By TheHonestMan11/2 11:17Sun Feb 11 11:17:33 2024In response to Re: Interesting Top of thread

Views: 678

H&H pulled out because they needed the backing of Elliott, Cook et al in order to finance anything, and theyโ€™ve put their weight behind the CIC model.

So much nonsense on Facebook the last few days, but I think Harris has pretty much confirmed that.

Not sure how theyโ€™re now in a position to โ€˜resurrectโ€™ anything based off a few mouthy sods begging them to come back on Boro Chat.

1 person likes this 1 person

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)15/2 11:06Thu Feb 15 11:06:48 2024In response to Re: Interesting Top of thread

Views: 470

Mouthy sods, really, people are entitled to their opinion and who is to say those backing the supporters group are right especially as some involved in the old club are apparently going to be involved!!!

By The_Hullablue15/2 15:54Thu Feb 15 15:54:30 2024In response to Re: Interesting Top of thread

Views: 333

H&H seemingly had a bigger role in the club towards the end than had been evident at the time.
They were involved in discussions with the manager about setting revised playing budgets.

As for "mouthy sods", maybe that is his opinion and surely he is entitled to it, yeah?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
How bright should floodlights be in the Conference?

By almost average 215/2 16:35Thu Feb 15 16:35:33 2024In response to Re: Interesting Top of thread

Views: 320

I'm just about 100% they we're at games towards the end sitting with our club officials . That was certainly the case at St Ives .

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)15/2 16:37Thu Feb 15 16:37:35 2024In response to Re: Interesting Top of thread

Views: 300

Holliday certainly contributed to JG blackouts (as could be seen on his Facebook page).

By ManorParkBlue15/2 11:45Thu Feb 15 11:45:38 2024In response to Re: Interesting Top of thread

Views: 461

Some from the old club are involved in the H and H club.

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)15/2 13:04Thu Feb 15 13:04:23 2024In response to Re: Interesting Top of thread

Views: 434

And they use the old clubs social media for communications.

By Fromage15/2 14:34Thu Feb 15 14:34:45 2024In response to Re: Interesting Top of thread

Views: 319

Why did the Steering Group decide a different approach to starting a new club was needed?

By The_Hullablue15/2 15:56Thu Feb 15 15:56:43 2024In response to Re: Interesting Top of thread

Views: 321

Because the whole point of the co-op is to have proper, meaningful representation at a Nuneaton football club, and they proposal put forward by H&H did not allow for that.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)15/2 14:42Thu Feb 15 14:42:48 2024In response to Re: Interesting Top of thread

Views: 304

I hope they identified having a club run/owned by one person has failed time and time again.

Perhaps the more influential ones realise if they are to financially support a club they want their money spent wisely and not for someoneโ€™s vanity.

A criticism of the sponsors is they were culpable in the failure of Boro Leisure. What is not clear is how much they knew. (I may be wrong) but they all seem behind this new venture

Edited by VS Boro at 14:43:25 on 15th February 2024

By Vernon Slain11/2 11:13Sun Feb 11 11:13:31 2024In response to Re: Interesting Top of thread

Views: 661

My feeling is that Liberty Way may well eventually turn out to be the Ace in The Hole.

Nuneaton Borough FC is deadโ€”Killed by incompetence.

By Jebbs11/2 11:11Sun Feb 11 11:11:13 2024In response to Re: Interesting Top of thread

Views: 645

They've realised the fanbase is already split.

By almost average 211/2 11:10Sun Feb 11 11:10:20 2024In response to Re: Interesting Top of thread

Views: 627

It's also possible a year off could work the opposite with fans finding other things to do or clubs to support .

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)11/2 11:13Sun Feb 11 11:13:28 2024In response to Re: Interesting Top of thread

Views: 620

Oh yes. That could happen.

I am more the "my dog has died, I dont want another one"...........then after a period of mourning a new dog is acquired.

By boro4411/2 11:06Sun Feb 11 11:06:10 2024In response to Re: Interesting Top of thread

Views: 605

This is OMO of course, but i think that the Council will have the final say , probably due to past history ,they will want a community /fan run club / stadium.

H&H = BS Central

By stripes4me11/2 09:00Sun Feb 11 09:00:03 2024In response to H and H back?Top of thread

Views: 744

IF true, how can you trust these chancers, I give you;

1. We will walk away, we will not split the fan base - going back on that already then.

2. We looked at numerous clubs but we keep coming back to this one - of course you have it's FREE & you don't really have your own funds do you.

3. We are not in it to make a profit - then changed this to our investors will want a return.

Not the best start with transparency & trust is it.

2 people like this 2 people

Re: H&H = BS Central

By Camp hill reserves (Camp hill reserves)11/2 10:49Sun Feb 11 10:49:39 2024In response to H&H = BS Central Top of thread

Views: 637

Supporters really need to ask themselves what is really is H&H plan to bring football back to Nuneatonโ€ฆ..
Simple they donโ€™t have one and extremely doubtful that they will if they ever made a come back for the third time
Why would the council give a private for profit enterprise civic land ?
They wonโ€™t , in turn their only choice would be private land and a lengthy planning application โ€ฆ who pays ?

Secondly they revealed their Hinckley ground share talks of which SE is a main sponsor, why would Hinckley alienate one of their main benefactors?
Thus weakening any negotiations straight away with Hinckley, who pays for their bravado and the totally unsavvy approach, yes itโ€™s you โ€ฆwith a football club at all costs

All I can say if. H&H resurrect their plans I will be done with the club , withdraw my support and sponsorship
What we have is a real step change from the boom and bust management, a chance to shape our club ,secure our long term future and establish something for the entire town a lasting legacy
UTB

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)11/2 11:04Sun Feb 11 11:04:38 2024In response to Re: H&H = BS Central Top of thread

Views: 612

I think the SE sponsorship is a complex issue. He also sponsors Bedworth (and I believe Barwell).

With respect to Hinckley Road. Boro Leisure discounted this (and Rugby) due to cost. Have they dropped their demands?

Shame H&H can't join forces with the new initiative. Not wanting to be part seems to indicate "it's my way, or no way".
(I hope) the new initiative have a board with equal rights and (difficult I know) that this is respected and not dictated by those with most money*

There is a lot of talk about the council. Times have changed, and my best hope would for the council to pay for a facility available to all BUT get someone private to run it for them. This could open the way for a mens football team to rent it.

I was very "not bothered" about a new club (in any guise), but I am slightly more enthusiastic now.

* I still claim the biggest "investors" are those who pay at the turnstile. 200 paying (say) ยฃ5 is ยฃ21,000pa.

By Camp hill reserves (Camp hill reserves)11/2 11:12Sun Feb 11 11:12:21 2024In response to Re: H&H = BS Central Top of thread

Views: 602

Interesting that Harris put on boro chat yesterday their budget of 40k per annum for a ground share

Who reveals their budget without any deal in place ?

By The_Hullablue11/2 11:37Sun Feb 11 11:37:00 2024In response to Re: H&H = BS Central Top of thread

Views: 573

He also said they had the backing to buy Liberty Way but then admitted they were never given an asking price so did not in fact have the money to buy it.

They had no groundshare agreement, they had no backers, they had nothing concrete, and they tried to use our badge to start a brand new club, in a different town, in a different county.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)11/2 11:15Sun Feb 11 11:15:12 2024In response to Re: H&H = BS Central Top of thread

Views: 577

I have no problem. If thats what Hinckley Road have offered.

JUST TAKE THIS IN
ยฃ40,000 for 12 month ground share.
Boro Leisure failed/could not pay ยฃ12,000 for a ground share.
What does that say about Boro Leisure?

By Vernon Slain11/2 11:19Sun Feb 11 11:19:03 2024In response to Re: H&H = BS Central Top of thread

Views: 596

Just wondering if a one year groundshare agreement would be acceptable to any League. Thought that there would be a need for a longer lease but I may be nit-picking.

By Camp hill reserves (Camp hill reserves)11/2 11:36Sun Feb 11 11:36:08 2024In response to Re: H&H = BS Central Top of thread

Views: 544

according to andy walsh its a one year lease with a one year option minimum

By Vernon Slain11/2 11:46Sun Feb 11 11:46:40 2024In response to Re: H&H = BS Central Top of thread

Views: 541

Wasnโ€™t disputing anything CHR but the Rulebook of any League that a club wishes to join will dictate terms of admittance. That being my point.

By Camp hill reserves (Camp hill reserves)11/2 11:57Sun Feb 11 11:57:35 2024In response to Re: H&H = BS Central Top of thread

Views: 530

don't shoot the messenger :-) , just passing on minimum groundshare agreements for step 5/6 midlands leagues

interestingly ground grading has just been put into one national body with over 100 grounds in non league failing ground grading standards...

By Jebbs11/2 11:09Sun Feb 11 11:09:23 2024In response to Re: H&H = BS Central Top of thread

Views: 595

Shame H&H can't join forces with the new initiative. Not wanting to be part seems to indicate "it's my way, or no way".

I think the same could be said of this "group of sponsors" and the co-op.

By Greg (NBFC)11/2 12:27Sun Feb 11 12:27:28 2024In response to Re: H&H = BS Central Top of thread

Views: 510

Surely if they are putting in cash (may be wrong but I heard that HH wanted them to provide around 70% of the finance) then they should expect the majority say on how it's spent?

By Jebbs11/2 12:41Sun Feb 11 12:41:46 2024In response to Re: H&H = BS Central Top of thread

Views: 500

It's been mentioned on here that that isn't the way to do things (people putting more money in having more say)

By Greg (NBFC)11/2 12:59Sun Feb 11 12:59:11 2024In response to Re: H&H = BS Central Top of thread

Views: 485

Lots of things have been said on here, Jebbs.

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)11/2 11:12Sun Feb 11 11:12:07 2024In response to Re: H&H = BS Central Top of thread

Views: 564

No way (from my knowledge) does the coop want "its my way or no way".

If H&H have 90% of shares and flood the board with directors then the presence of the coop would be irrelevent. It was something I championed in the past, but now an opportunity has arisen for something different.

By Jebbs11/2 11:14Sun Feb 11 11:14:42 2024In response to Re: H&H = BS Central Top of thread

Views: 568

That part was in reference to this "group of sponsors" and it being a shame they couldn't see a way to back this new venture.
But ego's and all that.

By Greg (NBFC)11/2 12:30Sun Feb 11 12:30:36 2024In response to Re: H&H = BS Central Top of thread

Views: 503

Again, Jebbs, I have asked Stephen Harris a few times on Borochat if they can get behind the CIC plan. I believe someone involved directly in that plan has issued an official invitation to them. It seems their egos may be too big to allow them to do that.

Edited by Greg (NBFC) at 12:33:09 on 11th February 2024

By Jebbs11/2 12:43Sun Feb 11 12:43:44 2024In response to Re: H&H = BS Central Top of thread

Views: 510

Maybe he dreams of getting into the football league which the CIC route won't allow.

By Greg (NBFC)11/2 13:01Sun Feb 11 13:01:11 2024In response to Re: H&H = BS Central Top of thread

Views: 492

I don't think there's anything inherent in a CIC setup that prevents entry into the EFL. I could be wrong on that though.

By Jebbs11/2 13:06Sun Feb 11 13:06:30 2024In response to Re: H&H = BS Central Top of thread

Views: 491

I put too much trust in what's written on here ๐Ÿ˜‚

By Greg (NBFC)11/2 13:14Sun Feb 11 13:14:42 2024In response to Re: H&H = BS Central Top of thread

Views: 457

Lol

By Camp hill reserves (Camp hill reserves)11/2 12:54Sun Feb 11 12:54:19 2024In response to Re: H&H = BS Central Top of thread

Views: 491

exeter and wimbledon are cic's

as is chesterfield on the brink of EFL

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)11/2 12:58Sun Feb 11 12:58:30 2024In response to Re: H&H = BS Central Top of thread

And even if not, FL is a pipe dream so irrelevant.

If it ever does become a reality I dare say there would be options to change.

When H&H spoke about FL (about 10 mins in) I was considering leaving as (to me) it was fantasy and showed lack of understanding.

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)11/2 12:52Sun Feb 11 12:52:15 2024In response to Re: H&H = BS Central Top of thread

Where as all the models used in the last 100 years has?

By Jebbs11/2 12:57Sun Feb 11 12:57:20 2024In response to Re: H&H = BS Central Top of thread

Views: 474

Don't know the man but maybe he doesn't dwell on the past.

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)11/2 13:00Sun Feb 11 13:00:37 2024In response to Re: H&H = BS Central Top of thread

Views: 480

Who?

So we should not look at what has happened in the past?

Thankfully people learn (or should) from past events.

By Jebbs11/2 13:05Sun Feb 11 13:05:21 2024In response to Re: H&H = BS Central Top of thread

Views: 472

I thought we were on about this Harris fella

By The_Hullablue11/2 11:42Sun Feb 11 11:42:25 2024In response to Re: H&H = BS Central Top of thread

Views: 526

I do not think it is ego on either side, but philosophy.

H&H want to own a football club. Any football club.
They want to get a financial reward for doing so.

The co-op, sponsors and other institutions (I think that was how they were listed), want to revive The Boro and The Boro only.
They want a fan-focused community club that cannot be used by anyone in the pursuit of profit and pension plans.

There isn't a compromise that I can see.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Vernon Slain11/2 10:58Sun Feb 11 10:58:53 2024In response to Re: H&H = BS Central Top of thread

Views: 583

A chance has been identified to bring all of the former NBFC satellite sections under one umbrella. To get them a new ground with a xG pitch (in the future of course) and to attempt to sail this ship to a debt-free port. Just the Co-Op and the dissenters needed now.

By Greg (NBFC)11/2 12:32Sun Feb 11 12:32:13 2024In response to Re: H&H = BS Central Top of thread

Views: 481

And the people to supply the finance?

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)11/2 09:45Sun Feb 11 09:45:00 2024In response to H&H = BS Central Top of thread

Views: 627

If you checked your facts they have been contacted by several fans aking them not to walk away and to continue with their plans, and they havent said they are back yet they are just gauging the level of support

By Vernon Slain11/2 10:12Sun Feb 11 10:12:23 2024In response to Re: H&H = BS Central Top of thread

Views: 614

โ€œ facts โ€œ !! Makes me smile that one. The one thing missing right from the start of this unmitigated disaster is the facts.
Oh,and that is a fact.

127โ€“45-26-56โ€“171-198โ€ฆ..160*/381

Edited by Vernon Slain at 10:21:25 on 11th February 2024

By Boropod (BoroughPod)11/2 10:48Sun Feb 11 10:48:16 2024In response to Re: H&H = BS Central Top of thread

Views: 544

H and H are meeting someone about a ground in Nuneaton, Harris said that, so that's a fact as far as I'm concerned.

By Vernon Slain11/2 10:52Sun Feb 11 10:52:49 2024In response to Re: H&H = BS Central Top of thread

Views: 542

Someoneโ€ฆ.a groundโ€ฆhardly facts. Need some meat on the bone to be facts.

By Boropod (BoroughPod)11/2 10:56Sun Feb 11 10:56:09 2024In response to Re: H&H = BS Central Top of thread

Views: 547

No its a fact he wrote it down. I know what you mean, but the point is that H and H are still interested in setting up a club.

By Wotnostrikers11/2 09:23Sun Feb 11 09:23:35 2024In response to H&H = BS Central Top of thread

Views: 655

What the feckโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€We have looked at many clubs โ€œ tells us all we need to know this sort of new Boro is exactly what the supporters do NOT need.

3 people like this 3 people

By Vernon Slain11/2 10:23Sun Feb 11 10:23:33 2024In response to Re: H&H = BS Central Top of thread

Views: 582

There has been a regrouping,so I wonder who is pulling their strings ? Someone with a vested interest perhaps ?

By almost average 211/2 10:40Sun Feb 11 10:40:21 2024In response to Re: H&H = BS Central Top of thread

Views: 591

A fair few posters on boro chat particularly the younger ones are prepared to support H&H. They want a club to support next season at a proper ground and they want to see some ambition . That's what they want and H&H might be able to offer that . How they do it there not too fussed . There's been rumours about a former sponsor led alternative with possable support from the co-op but until that becomes something concrete and not just rumour what else have they got to go with .

Edited by almost average 2 at 10:42:01 on 11th February 2024

By Greg (NBFC)11/2 12:39Sun Feb 11 12:39:17 2024In response to Re: H&H = BS Central Top of thread

Views: 494

Two things there. First, it seems that without the sponsors providing finance, it seems that H&H can offer step 7 at best on a ground with minimal facilities. The "young" fans on Borochat seem to have not worked that one out.

Second, the Co-op has actually issued a statement giving the outline of the offering they support. That's not a rumour, it's a plan of action. Remember that their initiative is less than a week old, so obviously the detail has not been finalised.

By The_Hullablue11/2 11:47Sun Feb 11 11:47:32 2024In response to Re: H&H = BS Central Top of thread

Views: 508

Is it just a rumour?
I thought the co-op had issued a statement saying that.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)11/2 11:09Sun Feb 11 11:09:54 2024In response to Re: H&H = BS Central Top of thread

Views: 550

The words "We need investors" is often used without any explanation what the term "investor" means in the context of a football club; Particularly with a new one that has no ground (but kit sorted).

Re: H&H withdraw

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)7/2 17:30Wed Feb 7 17:30:34 2024In response to H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 1390

Question.

Why is this on NBFC website - NBFC does not exist.

By Spurs and Verde (Spurs and Verde)7/2 18:54Wed Feb 7 18:54:53 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 1200

Guessing someone has the passwords to the website to post and the domain is paid up for a while - normally you buy them 12 months a time so why not use it

Pretty common sense to use it - you already have the audience - they using all the regular social mediaโ€™s aswell not just the website

Get me the passwords Iโ€™ll update it for you ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Retired Boro fan
Tottenham and Austin FC sufferer

Edited by Spurs and Verde at 19:00:41 on 7th February 2024

By MJNB7/2 18:42Wed Feb 7 18:42:38 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 1212

Very weird

By Gustavus7/2 18:11Wed Feb 7 18:11:12 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 1280

Because in a coup the first thing the plotters do is take control of the tv station!

4 people like this 4 people

By Jebbs7/2 17:56Wed Feb 7 17:56:33 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 1253

It's the easiesst way to get the message to the 'fanbase'

By Gustavus7/2 17:20Wed Feb 7 17:20:46 2024In response to H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 1348

Not really a loss is it?

Couple of chancers who wanted to spend other peopleโ€™s money.

Now Nuneaton will decide what future it wants for its football team!

4 people like this 4 people

By Dougie87/2 19:31Wed Feb 7 19:31:09 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 1194

Negative comments on this forum will not attract anyone to invest in a football club in Nuneaton. Whoever comes along next will get the same treatment. Seems a lot of people on this forum donโ€™t want to see a football club in Nuneaton especially one that thrives.
This will be my last post on here.

This is not an airport

By The_Hullablue7/2 20:52Wed Feb 7 20:52:27 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 1015

You do not need to announce your departure.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By MJNB7/2 20:51Wed Feb 7 20:51:22 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 994

And a fans run club will never work when fans constantly make comments about other fans having opinionsโ€ฆ

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)7/2 19:52Wed Feb 7 19:52:26 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 1087

Well said Dougie you are spot on

By Gustavus7/2 20:07Wed Feb 7 20:07:46 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 1045

One of the two!

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)7/2 19:54Wed Feb 7 19:54:37 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 1039

โ€œSeems a lot of people on this forum donโ€™t want to see a football club in Nuneaton especially one that thrives.โ€œ

Who does not want the only initiative on the table to fail?

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)7/2 19:42Wed Feb 7 19:42:06 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 1074

A poll on Facebook indicated massive support for H&H (75% or so) and they pulled out.

And I am really unsure what the word โ€œinvestโ€ actually means when it comes to a football club.

Edited by VS Boro at 19:43:01 on 7th February 2024

By bert's dad8/2 07:50Thu Feb 8 07:50:53 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 822

Percentages mean nothing based on a vote that lasted one day and involved a small group of people.

By Spurs and Verde (Spurs and Verde)7/2 19:47Wed Feb 7 19:47:05 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 1053

Seems a lot of people on this forum donโ€™t want to see a football club in Nuneaton especially one that thrives.

Didnโ€™t think one ever has or not one Iโ€™m aware of ๐Ÿค”

Retired Boro fan

By The_Hullablue7/2 19:39Wed Feb 7 19:39:20 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 1089

If a negative post on here stops someone taking over then good, they are far too emotional to be in charge xx

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

This

By Unnamed Sauce ((Dysfunctional sector))8/2 00:19Thu Feb 8 00:19:57 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 855

100%

Away with all fly by nights. God knows we've had enough of them.

By almost average 27/2 17:01Wed Feb 7 17:01:59 2024In response to H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 1369

Decorated former player

Guy Hadland ? He was at the meeting last week and seemed pretty vocal

By The_Hullablue7/2 20:20Wed Feb 7 20:20:08 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 1019

Probably the topic of the best Boro chant from the midland division era. And one the Boro fans will be belting out at every away game next season :-)

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Spurs and Verde (Spurs and Verde)7/2 17:10Wed Feb 7 17:10:16 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 1366

Didnโ€™t want to split the fanbase so walked away

But by walking away it seems they might have split the fanbase - even if admittedly small amount on other forum

Retired Boro fan

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)7/2 17:26Wed Feb 7 17:26:52 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 1215

I would say "large amount"

via GIPHY

By TheHonestMan7/2 17:24Wed Feb 7 17:24:17 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 1294

Dunno about splitting the fanbase, just seems to be a bunch of kids that thought these guys would throw loads of money at the club and race back through the leagues.

Completely oblivious to the fact that spending obscene money on players for the last 4 or 5 years that has got us in to this mess.

5 people like this 5 people

By rayfer7/2 19:36Wed Feb 7 19:36:33 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 1051

Well we all know who was spending it

By The_Hullablue7/2 17:45Wed Feb 7 17:45:36 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 1183

I hate this whole "kids" v "grown ups" shit.
It is unbecoming of anyone.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Spurs and Verde (Spurs and Verde)7/2 17:37Wed Feb 7 17:37:50 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 1213

So kids donโ€™t have a say ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

No comment

Isnโ€™t it adults who made decisions about spending money on lots of players last few years and not paying rent that got us in this trouble - maybe kids would be better owners - I mean I pay my bills on time ;)

Retired Boro fan

Edited by Spurs and Verde at 17:38:31 on 7th February 2024
Edited by Spurs and Verde at 17:39:25 on 7th February 2024
Edited by Spurs and Verde at 17:39:49 on 7th February 2024
Edited by Spurs and Verde at 17:46:52 on 7th February 2024

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)7/2 17:47Wed Feb 7 17:47:04 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 1177

Yes - I agree very bad wording.

What the club needs is more young people being involved with off-the-field activities.

and its not just kids who wanted H&H

By Spurs and Verde (Spurs and Verde)7/2 17:49Wed Feb 7 17:49:43 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 1157

Love how people say we need a fanbase and a club for the future then disrespect the main audience demographic you need to attract to get a fanbase now and in the future and will be โ€œlookingโ€ after the club in the future

Funny

And like I said โ€œadultsโ€ have made boro go bust 3 times in 30 years so going by my maths

Kids 0-3 adults - in awful boro decision makers and owners ๐Ÿ˜‚

Retired Boro fan

Edited by Spurs and Verde at 17:51:08 on 7th February 2024

By Greg (NBFC)7/2 17:31Wed Feb 7 17:31:21 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 1176

It's also worth asking where that money was actually coming from!

By TheHonestMan7/2 17:37Wed Feb 7 17:37:15 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 1183

Well it certainly seems like they didnโ€™t particularly have any, and would be reliant on the โ€˜old guardโ€™ of Stuart, Cook, Kash etc. to fund it. Without those guys on board, they had nothing so have pulled out.

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)7/2 17:32Wed Feb 7 17:32:46 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 1179

IIRC some would come from National sponsors :)

Edited by VS Boro at 17:32:54 on 7th February 2024

By Gustavus7/2 17:37Wed Feb 7 17:37:10 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 1212

And a huge amount from local sponsors.

And negligible amount from โ€œinvestorsโ€

There are some Boro supporters would believe absolutely anything even if Pinocchio was presenting.

Two on here - not posting at the moment - have been wrong about every issue since this sorry saga startedโ€™

How many times over the years have we been through this?

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)7/2 20:46Wed Feb 7 20:46:10 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 951

Can i ask where you think Supporters group/Co-op are going to get their money from?? Oh yes same place local spinsors

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)7/2 20:54Wed Feb 7 20:54:46 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 926

Can i ask where you think H&H were going to get their money from (given local sponsors did not want to be involved). Local sponsors pull out, quickly followed by H&H quitting

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)7/2 21:10Wed Feb 7 21:10:19 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 913

They wanted to get it from local sponsors, the same place Supporters group will need to get their money from, H&H have pulled out because they weren't going to get the backing from local sponsors, will Supporters group, remains to be seen

By The_Hullablue7/2 21:14Wed Feb 7 21:14:19 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 911

Seeing as the supporters group are joing with a group of local sponsors, then it all seems to be pointing to the answer being "yes".

It is important to remember this is not a co-op run club they have announced today, it is them working with local businesses and institutions.

So far we know they have Boro's longest standing sponsor on board, who the others are we have no idea.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Jebbs7/2 21:17Wed Feb 7 21:17:53 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 933

So far we know they have Boro's longest standing sponsor on board, who the others are we have no idea.

Has this been confirmed somewhere then?

By The_Hullablue7/2 21:22Wed Feb 7 21:22:55 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 920

I thought it had.

Maybe I am just guilty of assuming Stuart Elliott is involved as people have been slagging him off.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Gustavus7/2 21:38Wed Feb 7 21:38:52 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 905

I donโ€™t think much has been announced at all yet.

There was an aspirational statement from coop

Then the chancers blew their toys out of the pram, load of bitchy comments on the official club outlets and bizarre name checking for random people who had helped them.

Thatโ€™s it so far!

By The_Hullablue7/2 21:44Wed Feb 7 21:44:22 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 890

And a "erm, how did I help?" from one of those namechecked.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By MJNB7/2 21:18Wed Feb 7 21:18:42 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 916

Get the impression Justin Palmer and Derek Dunacchie are involved too

By Jebbs7/2 21:20Wed Feb 7 21:20:09 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 915

The band is really getting back together isn't it.......

By almost average 28/2 09:04Thu Feb 8 09:04:15 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 816

So as far as i can see it's the same group of sponsors who were running the club when we were not paying the bills before minus Jimmy . Would that be right ?

By Greg (NBFC)8/2 09:33Thu Feb 8 09:33:13 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 842

Were the sponsors ever running the club? If so, that's a really weird way of running club (or any other organisation).

By VoR8/2 10:19Thu Feb 8 10:19:59 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 774

There was an Operational Board.

I don't why some posters are dancing around the Maypole on this one, they need to face up to the reality of our situation, now that H&H have withdrawn their interest.

By Boropod (BoroughPod)8/2 10:26Thu Feb 8 10:26:19 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 757

Thanks for the advice VoR.
SO we're all stupid twats ready to be 'educated by our masters' most people on this forum ard not brainwashed by constantant repitition.

By almost average 28/2 09:42Thu Feb 8 09:42:14 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 817

Poor wording from me but i'm sure you've got enough about you to understand the point .

By Greg (NBFC)8/2 11:10Thu Feb 8 11:10:22 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 757

What you seem to be asking is whether the people who have financially supported the club for many years are still prepared to support the new club financially. I think the answer to that is yes.

By Jebbs8/2 09:32Thu Feb 8 09:32:40 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 823

It's looks that way AA (if the names mentioned on here are true, there been nothing from any of them yet)
They all played their part in the murder of the old Club, now they appear to be setting up a new Club without even washing the blood from their hands.

By almost average 28/2 09:49Thu Feb 8 09:49:08 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 816

I'll treat them the same as i would have H&H . Go in with an open mind and see what happens .
So many of the names that are coming up seem to be people who were involved in the club during Jimmy's tenure .
Maybe Jimmy was the problem , hopefully they have learned from past mistakes . Certainly not the fresh start i was hoping for but if it's the only option on the table and if i want a club to support going to have to see where it goes .

Edited by almost average 2 at 09:51:23 on 8th February 2024

By Wotnostrikers8/2 12:45Thu Feb 8 12:45:24 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 722

โ€œMaybe Jimmy was the problem โ€œ only maybe!

By VoR8/2 10:24Thu Feb 8 10:24:09 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 775

What has happened is my worst fear, I posted about it on here recently...

'US' & 'THEM'

We now only have 'US' depending on your view of who 'US' is?

By Wotnostrikers8/2 12:49Thu Feb 8 12:49:41 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 784

US is a relief

By Jebbs8/2 09:54Thu Feb 8 09:54:30 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 827

I'll treat them the same as i would have H&H . Go in with an open mind and see what happens .
So many of the names that are coming up seem to be people who were involved in the club during Jimmy's tenure .
Maybe Jimmy was the problem , hopefully they have learned from past mistakes . Certainly not the fresh start i was hoping for but if it's the only option on the table and i want a club to support going to have to see where it goes .

I know what you mean.

By Gustavus7/2 20:49Wed Feb 7 20:49:58 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 1002

Thanks you make my point for me!

So itโ€™s far better to have a proper structure with transparency and accountability and the involvement of people who actually care about our town rather than a couple of chancers living off other people's money who have no resources of their own !

By Jebbs7/2 21:53Wed Feb 7 21:53:02 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 891

So itโ€™s far better to have a proper structure with transparency and accountability and the involvement of people who actually care about our town rather than a couple of chancers living off other people's money who have no resources of their own !

Who are these people? I've seen names on here but nothing official... obviously the Coop but ...?

The Dozen Backers

By The_Hullablue7/2 22:05Wed Feb 7 22:05:59 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 884

1, Stuart Elliot
2, George Eliot
3, William White
4, Mary Whitehouse
5, Elliott Whitehouse
6, Bill Berry from REM
7, Larry Grayson
8, Mary Ann Evans
9, a group from Camphill
10, Some blokes from Hill Top
11, Monk D'Wally D'Honk
12, Nicholas Lyndhurst

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Edited by The_Hullablue at 22:06:26 on 7th February 2024

By Wotnostrikers7/2 20:57Wed Feb 7 20:57:01 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 956

Exactly, this is the best news since we were kicked out of LW because we can now start to build a true new โ€œBoroโ€ for the future

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)7/2 21:14Wed Feb 7 21:14:32 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 904

Please show me where i said there were no financial issues

By The_Hullablue7/2 21:17Wed Feb 7 21:17:22 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 903

What is this in reply to?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)7/2 20:55Wed Feb 7 20:55:22 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 966

How do you know they are chancers, and its a bit rich to claim that some people involved of the failure of the last club are now going to be open and transparent, as i said they will need money from local sponsors just as H&H also said they would

By Greg (NBFC)7/2 21:25Wed Feb 7 21:25:48 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 888

If I am reading all the statements correctly, the Co-op are supporting to a group of sponsors who are already working to put a package together. H&H claimed they had the finance before the sponsors had actually agreed to put cash in.

I could be wrong, but if I'm correct they are totally different scenarios.

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)7/2 21:29Wed Feb 7 21:29:38 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 890

The way I read it.

The spoke of national sponsors last week, but to really have a chance local people were needed. Thats failed, so they pull out and I dare say they are looking for next club.

By The_Hullablue7/2 21:16Wed Feb 7 21:16:21 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 914

How do you know they are not chances?

They have had two bites and run off both times.

Did the co-op or Stuart Elliot have any more "involvement" in the running of the club than you or I?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Gustavus7/2 21:08Wed Feb 7 21:08:59 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 897

H&H werenโ€™t getting any money from the sponsors. Thatโ€™s why theyโ€™ve pulled out! Pretty revealing eh?

And you were the one that kept saying that everybody on here knew nothing and there were no financial issues with Boro Leisure and no danger of a last game!

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)7/2 21:06Wed Feb 7 21:06:01 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 891

1) who set the playing budget โ€ฆ JG
2) who was only director โ€ฆ JG
3) Whoโ€™s responsibility was it to pay bills and run company โ€ฆ JG
4) why did AT buy the club then immediately run away?
5) what did SE say in his unedited statement?
6) what did the sponsors know about finances (see point 5)

50% of the table last Wednesday had association with JG (one very close. Should they be questioned?

Sponsors generally help the club financially in return for advertisements. Why should they have access to unpaid bills (unless toldโ€ฆ. Were they or were they told too late)

Do you remember Kelly/shooter, IN/LT, Smurf, Hawkins, DA Capitol or JGโ€ฆ. What could go wrong.

How I remember on Facebook how Smurf, Hawkins, DA capital being championed and praised. The posts are still there.

By Jebbs (Jebbsy)7/2 21:00Wed Feb 7 21:00:43 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 906

Same package, different wrapper.

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)7/2 17:42Wed Feb 7 17:42:45 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 1163

Reminds me of DA Capital looking for FL then sell :)

That went well.

I wish I knew how to search Boro chat properly

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)7/2 17:29Wed Feb 7 17:29:37 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 1165

Yes.

Youthful ignorance. I can totally understand their views

Fact it, last 3 or 4 years has shown even SLP was not affordable (with model used)

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)7/2 17:09Wed Feb 7 17:09:30 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 1247

That was my 2nd guess after thinking H&H got details wrong

How many boro players have actually been โ€œdecoratedโ€๐Ÿคช

By Spurs and Verde (Spurs and Verde)7/2 16:39Wed Feb 7 16:39:45 2024In response to H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 1345

Is this the club that JG was getting a lifetime honoured president role for if it formed ?

Retired Boro fan

By The_Hullablue7/2 23:07Wed Feb 7 23:07:43 2024In response to Re: H&H withdraw Top of thread

Views: 833

This is a lovely bit of gossip.
Don't care if it is true or not.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Boropod (BoroughPod)7/2 16:27Wed Feb 7 16:27:47 2024In response to Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 1389

I'm already a member of the Co-op have been since the supporters club days and before that the trust.
I will happily put some more limited cash in if this turns into a reality.
But I need the know this is nothing to do with that CIC that the Co-op have 10% in, and that clown JG having 55% of shares is in or I'm out for good, no support, no cash.

3 people like this 3 people

By LukeS (LH)7/2 19:03Wed Feb 7 19:03:54 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 1072

That CIC has remained with JG and is entirely separate

By Jebbs7/2 16:36Wed Feb 7 16:36:02 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 1313

Dan said this.. more than once.
As Iโ€™ve informed the coop. The CIC in its full entirety will be signed over the them. Shares, Directorship etc.

By Jebbs7/2 13:47Wed Feb 7 13:47:30 2024In response to Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 1546

The Supporters Co-operative is supporting a group of sponsors and sporting bodies within the community to build a club and team for the future.
When will these group of sponsors introduce themselves so we know who they are?

The board of the CIC will consist of elected fan representatives, sponsors and other local institutions.

What institutions?

By VoR7/2 13:36Wed Feb 7 13:36:00 2024In response to Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 1562

Just to be clear re: the proposed CIC?

Dan has said that the existing CIC will be handed over to the Supporters Co-op.

This appears to be a Private Limited Company, limited by shares...is that correct?

With this proposal for a (new?) CIC, will that be a Private Limited Company (limited by shares?), or will it be a Private Limited Company (limited by guarantee?)

There is mention of a Board, is this a Board of Directors, which would suggest that the (new?) CIC could be limited by guarantee?

If it is intended to be a new CIC, what will happen to the existing CIC?

Edit:

A CIC is the FA's Option 4 in their guidance on new Club Structure.

Edited by VoR at 13:38:21 on 7th February 2024

By Fromage7/2 13:45Wed Feb 7 13:45:32 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 1543

Here's a useful link to read all about what a CiC is for those (like myself) who hadn't a clue!

/www.sumup.com/en-gb/invoices/dictionary/community-interest-company/

By VoR7/2 14:00Wed Feb 7 14:00:11 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 1486

There is a third option available to a CIC, to be formed as a Public Limited Company but this option is not suitable for Grassroots football.

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)7/2 14:11Wed Feb 7 14:11:27 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 1468

If only the coop had access and advice on this and explained all options last week.

Itโ€™s a complex thing (to me at least), so I trust the coop and all involved to make informed decisions to what is best.

By Camp hill reserves (Camp hill reserves)7/2 17:36Wed Feb 7 17:36:53 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 1122

whatever is chosen , we have been advised it can be changed at a later date. so its not hard and fast right now

priority three weeks and counting seems registering of a team and football next season

i'm sure that will make some happy i hope...

By Spurs and Verde (Spurs and Verde)7/2 14:50Wed Feb 7 14:50:07 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 1413

Been out the loop last couple of days - been busy have the two people from Birmingham already disappeared ?

Retired Boro fan

By WCB (NBFC) (WCB)7/2 15:07Wed Feb 7 15:07:39 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 1389

It seems so yes.

------------------------------------------------------
Boro Exile

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)7/2 15:19Wed Feb 7 15:19:31 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 1368

Will wait for an official (via nbfc website as that seems only form or information)

Or is it Chinese whispers started by โ€œa mateโ€

By Spurs and Verde (Spurs and Verde)7/2 15:49Wed Feb 7 15:49:06 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 1313

So are the co op starting a club now ;)

Retired Boro fan

By Boro boy7/2 15:52Wed Feb 7 15:52:10 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 1327

no, i got told off for saying that lol. They are 'backing' the new club via CIC

By Spurs and Verde (Spurs and Verde)7/2 16:07Wed Feb 7 16:07:36 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 1301

So they backing โ€œIan cook and the 10 sponsorsโ€ then

Sounds like a potential Disney movie

Retired Boro fan

Edited by Spurs and Verde at 16:08:05 on 7th February 2024
Edited by Spurs and Verde at 16:08:26 on 7th February 2024

By LukeS (LH)7/2 16:10Wed Feb 7 16:10:08 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 1309

It's a bit wider than that, as the statement suggests, and involves organisations not previous involved with the Boro.

By Spurs and Verde (Spurs and Verde)7/2 16:13Wed Feb 7 16:13:44 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 1305

Good luck to you mate honestly

But it not for me though unfortunately - Nuneaton boro is gone and a football team pretending to be Nuneaton boro playing outside of Warwickshire at Griffs level is a leap for me to far

Iโ€™ll see what happens in a few years if you can get back into Nuneaton

Retired Boro fan

By boro447/2 17:25Wed Feb 7 17:25:23 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 1122

We will.

By Jebbs7/2 16:11Wed Feb 7 16:11:30 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 1299

I'm looking forward to seeing who these organisations are.

By Boro boy7/2 16:17Wed Feb 7 16:17:30 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 1272

Be interesting to see whos involved

By Spurs and Verde (Spurs and Verde)7/2 16:31Wed Feb 7 16:31:05 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 1258

Would say 8 out of the 10 are people involved (sponsored) old club and then maybe he managed to get one or two other people / companies involved

Retired Boro fan

By Jebbs7/2 16:30Wed Feb 7 16:30:45 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 1266

Yes it will be interesting too put names to whose involved Boro Boy,
Who the group of sponsors are along with the sporting bodies within the community that are be forming a Club.
The local institutions that'll be on the board and who these organisations that have not previously been involved.

By Boro boy7/2 16:39Wed Feb 7 16:39:59 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 1256

Elliot and cook looks like two of them, following the statement just released

By VoR7/2 14:17Wed Feb 7 14:17:55 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 1490

If the Co-op are averse to shareholders, their only real alternative is to be limited by guarantee, so that will fall upon the Directors.

Edited by VoR at 14:18:08 on 7th February 2024

By Fromage7/2 17:45Wed Feb 7 17:45:37 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 1136

The statement from the Co-Op mentions that it won't be used to make a profit so would expect the CIC to be Limited by Guarantee.

Other things to note is the FA do not allow a CIC to play in the Football League.

The assets of a CIC are only allowed to be moved across to another CIC or Charity Organisation.

There's lots of info online about this and it will be interesting to see how the CIC is formed to benefit the supporters community.

Edited by Fromage at 17:49:04 on 7th February 2024

By Greg (NBFC)7/2 17:51Wed Feb 7 17:51:14 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 1093

"Other things to note is the FA do not allow a CIC to play in the Football League."

Damn - one poster will run out of fantasies to post about!!!! ;)

By VoR7/2 17:55Wed Feb 7 17:55:49 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 1097

Yes, now condemned to a footballing eternity in the non-league abyss!

Can't wait!

...& the new club being run by the same group of people who run up massive debts with the old club!

That's all gone quiet hasn't it?

Edited by VoR at 17:56:06 on 7th February 2024

By The_Hullablue7/2 18:12Wed Feb 7 18:12:44 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 1062

Which of the former owners are involved in this new venture?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)7/2 18:02Wed Feb 7 18:02:54 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 1104

Questions

Who were the directors of the old club?
How much influence/knowledge did sponsors have. Usually sponsors just get something in return for the money they put in.
Who authorised payments?
Who set the playing budget?
Why did DA Capital come in, then quickly closed the door behind them?
Why did SE stand down and what did he say originally in his statement?

We wont know the answers to most of these, but if we did then an informed decision could be made.

Edited by VS Boro at 18:05:48 on 7th February 2024

By Greg (NBFC)7/2 18:01Wed Feb 7 18:01:04 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 1067

Wow. You clearly know more than me about who is involved. Were you at the meeting on Monday when this was apparently discussed?

By VoR7/2 17:49Wed Feb 7 17:49:52 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 1132

CIC's are non-profit making limited companies.

They can either be limited by shares, whereby the shareholders are held to account, by the proportion of their shareholding.

...or they can be limited by guarantee, whereby the directors are held to account.

By Fromage7/2 21:01Wed Feb 7 21:01:38 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 901

Directors can be paid regardless if the CIC is Limited by Guarantee or Limited by Shares. Any decision to not pay them needs to be included in writing when forming the CIC.

By VoR8/2 01:10Thu Feb 8 01:10:44 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 829

For me, it is not about whether the Directors are paid or not, it is the fact that they will take the corporate responsibility for any financial problems incurred if the CIC fails.

If the same people are involved who were responsible for the demise of Boro Leisure, IMO that would be a concern to me, I am not one for finger-pointing at LW, for me what has happened there is a collective responsibility.

I would be far happier if the CIC was limited by shares, because the shareholders would appoint the Directors & would have the power to remove people who were not performing & appoint new Directors.

In that regard, there is already a CIC in place that Dan has said will be handed over to the Co-op in its entirety & more importantly that CIC must have already passed the necessary tests & scrutiny in its formation.

Just my thoughts!

By Fromage8/2 11:11Thu Feb 8 11:11:59 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 723

They can either be limited by shares, whereby the shareholders are held to account, by the proportion of their shareholding.

...or they can be limited by guarantee, whereby the directors are held to account.

For me, it is not about whether the Directors are paid or not, it is the fact that they will take the corporate responsibility for any financial problems incurred if the CIC fails.

I would be far happier if the CIC was limited by shares because the shareholders would appoint the Directors & would have the power to remove people who were not performing & appoint new Directors.

Thanks for explaining the differences again VoR. I agree that supporters or a supporters led group having more control over who runs the club makes more sense. I don't know if supporters would want the financial burden if things don't go as well as they would have expected. Is there a way to get around this?

I would urge anyone to look and speak to Bury AFC before making decisions about forming a new club.

By VoR8/2 11:15Thu Feb 8 11:15:35 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 735

Registered Societies, regulated by the FCA are very popular & comply with the FA's guidance on new Club Structure.

This is as an alternative to a CIC.

By Greg (NBFC)8/2 07:24Thu Feb 8 07:24:45 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 792

VoR - you do know that CIC you are talking about has JG involved? And you want that to be involved in the new club? Really?

Also, if the new club starts with one type of CIC it can be changed later if needed.

By VoR8/2 10:36Thu Feb 8 10:36:41 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 713

There is a CIC Regulator, whose requirements have to be satisfied & who can block applications.

In any event, when talking about Institutions, I would want to see the Bank Manager installed on the new Board from the outset.

By Jebbs8/2 08:15Thu Feb 8 08:15:35 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 774

Dan said this of that CIC though Gregg.
That tells me it was completely the Co-op's should they have wanted it... No Dan.. No JG.
It looks (to me) like this group of sponsors are doing their own CIC though and doing away with the one that Dan offered to co-op.

As Iโ€™ve informed the coop. The CIC in its full entirety will be signed over the them. Shares, Directorship etc.

By Greg (NBFC)8/2 08:53Thu Feb 8 08:53:01 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 752

To be fair, Jebbs, I have no knowledge of how the CIC for the proposed club will be set up. I suspect that no-one else on here does either.

By Wotnostrikers8/2 07:50Thu Feb 8 07:50:48 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 778

Ginnelly must be completely, utterly and unequivocally finished with any connection with the new club that has to be made clear.

By Boropod (BoroughPod)7/2 19:05Wed Feb 7 19:05:32 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 1038

So thats now 8 times you have posted that.
Well done !

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)7/2 17:49Wed Feb 7 17:49:21 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 1106

"Other things to note is the FA do not allow a CIC to play in the Football League."

WHAT - No FL for Boro...........in which case I am against it :)

By Fromage7/2 21:26Wed Feb 7 21:26:08 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 878

It's something Bury considered which was the reason for setting themselves up the way they did.

I would rather see it was done right and their reasons explained to supporters. I've tried to understand what a CIC does but can't understand all the jargon out there on the internet.

It is not a concern for myself that the CIC wouldn't be able to play in the Football League but perhaps it might be for investors or supporters.

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)7/2 21:34Wed Feb 7 21:34:21 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 877

I am still unsure what the term "investors" mean when spoken about football clubs.

Given where any new club will start then getting back to SL-P this level is going to take time; a lot of time. Nor forgetting the difficulty in finding somewhere in Nuneaton.

NBFC have never been close to getting into the FL.

As for CIC.
In simplist forms it's a organisation run by its members where there are strict rules about profit/loss. In fact profit is referred to as surplus
Thats in its most simplistic form

Edited by VS Boro at 21:34:40 on 7th February 2024

By The_Hullablue7/2 21:43Wed Feb 7 21:43:31 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 868

"NBFC have never been close to getting into the FL."

They were invited, and declined, and Mansfield took the place.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)7/2 22:06Wed Feb 7 22:06:55 2024In response to Re: Statement from the Supporters Co-Op Steering GroupTop of thread

Views: 858

I am not convinced thats True

I am not sure what criteria for applying was. Perhaps Boro turned down the chance, but no guarantee they would be elected and below certainly does not speak of Manfield being invited

North
Rochdale FL 40 re-elected to Division Three (North)
Chester CL 27 Second vote 28 elected to D3N
Nelson FL 27 " " 20 not re-elected
Manchester Central LC 4
Merthyr Town SL 0

South
Norwich City FL 38 re-elected to Division Three (South)
Mansfield Town ML 25 elected to Division Three (South)
Newport County FL 19 not-re-elected
Aldershot Town SL 14
Merthyr Town SL 2

Merthyr Town showed their eagerness to return to the Football League by applying to join
both the Northern and the Southern sections of the Third Division!
https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=3506

Edited by VS Boro at 22:08:03 on 7th February 2024

Previous thread: Coop statement by VS Dysfunctional13/2 17:03Tue Feb 13 17:03:13 2024view thread