Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Mickleover by almost average 2Yesterday 20:11Yesterday at 20:11:29view thread

Oldest article: Cam McWilliams by MJNB8/1 21:11Mon Jan 8 21:11:02 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Projection by almost average 219/3 16:46Tue Mar 19 16:46:45 2024view thread

Open Meeting reminder: Tomorrow (Weds 13th), 7pm, The Piv

By mark-nbfc12/3 09:51Tue Mar 12 09:51:20 2024

Views: 1293

---
Hope is not a plan.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Thank you

By mark-nbfc13/3 23:21Wed Mar 13 23:21:09 2024In response to Open Meeting reminder: Tomorrow (Weds 13th), 7pm, The PivTop of thread

Views: 840

Thank you very much to all Boro fans who came along to The Piv tonight to hear more about our new club. It was great to see you all there and for all of your insightful questions and contributions.

If you were not able to make it, we will be sharing all of the information online in the next few days, along with the badge designs for fans to pick from.

UTB

---
Hope is not a plan.

2 people like this 2 people

Re: Open Meeting reminder: Tomorrow (Weds 13th), 7pm, The Piv

By Camp hill reserves (Camp hill reserves)12/3 12:32Tue Mar 12 12:32:14 2024In response to Open Meeting reminder: Tomorrow (Weds 13th), 7pm, The PivTop of thread

Views: 1138

hi everyone
i hope to see as many of you that can possibly make it tomorrow
we are eager to share the progress we have made with you all
UTB 💙🤍💙

Apologies in advance

By Unnamed Sauce ((Dysfunctional sector))12/3 12:51Tue Mar 12 12:51:51 2024In response to Re: Open Meeting reminder: Tomorrow (Weds 13th), 7pm, The PivTop of thread

Views: 1120

Cannot make it. (Full time Carer at present).

With you in spirit.

Count me in.

Unable to attend.

By Vernon Slain13/3 09:08Wed Mar 13 09:08:56 2024In response to Apologies in advanceTop of thread

Views: 1009

Logistics make it impossible for me tonight. Hoping for nothing but positives and will rely on accurate reports on here tomorrow for info.

Nuneaton Borough FC is dead—Killed by incompetence.

Good luck

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)13/3 14:12Wed Mar 13 14:12:13 2024In response to Unable to attend.Top of thread

Views: 1029

Sorry - Highly unlikely I will be there. No excuses.

I started to fall out of love with the club during the 2019/20 season when it became one mans club rather than a club that existed for all.
Then, having no football enforced on me due to covid made me break the habit.

The football during 21/22 and 22/23 was pretty dire.
I started to enjoy games a bit more post eviction when IMO more emphasis on entertainment.

With the closure the final nail was hammered in.

I WISH ALL THOSE WORKING HARD EVERY SUCCESS AND LUCK., but I find it hard to look at this initiative as anything other than a new club with very little connection with the one that played at Manor Park or Liberty Way.

I dare say I may take a game in. Perhaps my view will change, but JG killed the club.

>>>> Former Nuneaton Boro fan <<<<

9 people like this 9 people

Re: Good luck

By boro4414/3 07:17Thu Mar 14 07:17:53 2024In response to Good luckTop of thread

Views: 908

We’re not the first club this sought of thing has happened to and we won’t be the last , don’t you think we should now move on , we’ve got good people involved who are doing a great job taking us forward to where we want to be , and one things for sure with this group at the helm we will never be in the situation that we’ve been in recently , so i urge all Boro fans forget the past , and I understand how difficult that can be, get behind and support the Boro as we start this new journey to where we want to be, and I sincerely believe that will happen , obviously not over night but it will happen. UTB.

Well said 44

By Unnamed Sauce ((Dysfunctional sector))14/3 14:09Thu Mar 14 14:09:16 2024In response to Re: Good luckTop of thread

Views: 709

Would rather, whatever the future holds, be going in this direction, than once again be led by the nose by any of the other idiots who finally shoved us over the precipice.

By Armchair vulture14/3 09:49Thu Mar 14 09:49:56 2024In response to Re: Good luckTop of thread

Views: 842

I.can totally understand your sentiment 44 but there has been far too much damage done the last few years for me. The J G regime the last few years split the fan base and anyone who dared criticise his methods was active!y dismissed as not real Boro fans. Supporters who dared criticise have been threatened, abused online and have had their loyalty questioned. I myself have been abused online and.by private messenger and even face to face at a game in front of my other half who became concerned about her own safety. I've been told I.wasn't a real Boro fan and that I never went in the social club or used the kiosk and hated the club. Not true - I've loved the club for years but fully believed Ginnelly was not the answer and that his football CV did not qualify him for a go at a club like Nuneaton Boro. My late father who you knew well said before he died that Ginelly would never be the answer and he has been proved right. There are many individuals that are now putting in hard work to resurect the club and that's great but one or two of those individuals such as Haywood and Axon were active!y involved in support of the regime which killed the club. Haywood called for Giinelly to be made life President of the club and continue as manager if they were taken over. Axon was always involved in online criticism of anyone who dared question Ginnelly methods and used his own platform Boro chat to continue to support those who opposed critique of the J G machine.
Just one more thing - why do the co-op now seen able to start and organise a new club yet couldn't do.so when Thorne cleared off? Maybe Boro should have started again 5 years ago and we may perhaps still have a ground to play at and we could have been spared the nightmare of the horrifically bad Ginnelly era. As I've said too much damage done and sadly it's left a bitter taste in my mouth so I won't return.

Edited by Armchair vulture at 09:51:42 on 14th March 2024
Edited by Armchair vulture at 09:53:27 on 14th March 2024
Edited by Armchair vulture at 09:55:19 on 14th March 2024

1 person likes this 1 person

By lukey14/3 18:10Thu Mar 14 18:10:06 2024In response to Re: Good luckTop of thread

Views: 620

Whilst I agree with you on every bit of the JG era you have stated, I do not agree on your opinion on Mark Axon, myself and Mark have known each other from our school days and he's one of the most sensible, honest and compassionate people I have ever known who is a true peace keeper and always has a mature outlook on a situation especially when on social media who like any true Boro fan that just wants fans united and the best for the club.

By The_Hullablue14/3 17:40Thu Mar 14 17:40:57 2024In response to Re: Good luckTop of thread

Views: 600

I think you are being massively unfair on Axon.
As one of the moderators of Boro Chat, he did a hell of a lot to stop the aggression from "The JG faction" and I do not recall him ever trying to stop anyone being critical of things on or off the pitch.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
How bright should floodlights be in the Conference?

4 people like this 4 people

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)14/3 10:27Thu Mar 14 10:27:01 2024In response to Re: Good luckTop of thread

Views: 752

I think you are being a bit unfair on Mark. If he has a problem it's him trying to be diplomatic and sit on the fence.
When this happens (in any forms of life) its seem as being biased by both view points when challenging a particular view point.

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)14/3 08:24Thu Mar 14 08:24:23 2024In response to Re: Good luckTop of thread

Views: 856

As I said, I wish those who are behind this initiative all the best and hope it succeeds, but for reasons given it's not for me.
I dare say I will attend the odd game and my view may change, but due to events headed by JG (and I admit Covid) my enthusiasm is no more.

The fact other clubs have suffered a similar fate and there is unquestionably people working hard to establish a well run alternative can not change the way I feel.

Loyalty to a football club builds up for a host of reasons. Other than people who have been through the same emotions now establishing and following this club I see no connection (other than the same nickname) to the club I have followed through thick and thin and thin and thin since I was a teenager.

By joetowny (Joe)18/3 10:51Mon Mar 18 10:51:18 2024In response to Re: Good luckTop of thread

Views: 359

first line thats also me 100%
after 72 yrs ( first game 1952 ) no ifs or buts im out... full stop.

ps have not read many of the 100s and 100s of posts lately ie since the final debacle
have little idea what the thoughts of others are
however i wish all the very best..
once a true blue always one .... BUT.
the whistle has blown for the final time for me.
ie. memories consigned to the history books
Ta - Ra.

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)18/3 11:33Mon Mar 18 11:33:31 2024In response to Re: Good luckTop of thread

Views: 332

Am undecided at the minute, feels like it will be a different club and not sure i want to watch games at the level the new club will be playing, will wait and see which league club is put in, who the manager is etc

By Camp hill reserves (Camp hill reserves)15/3 12:48Fri Mar 15 12:48:57 2024In response to Re: Good luckTop of thread

Views: 499

Whilst I totally understand and respect your opinion.

Ultimately you like myself have once pledged your allegiances to consecutive private limited enterprises.

But now again we find ourselves without a club and homeless, it’s pretty simple the people we have backed have shafted us time after time … frankly I’m sick of it .
this time it’s different in my humble opinion but I will let you be the judge of that in the coming weeks and months

Certainly not fair to judge the guys that trying to bring Nuneaton a football club on past efforts by past owners
This is not even in the same ball park , yes we have a far harder task given no ground . But me being my optimistic self , I believe it’s possible
Judge us going forward on what we have delivered so far in such a VERY short period.and what’s to come
If there was no serious intentions I wouldn’t be involved, perhaps I need thicker skin but I love my football club, my town and my fellow supporters . I’m so proud to be involved it’s a true honour and a privilege. I’m so determined to make it happen
Much love
UTB 💙🤍💙

By Unnamed Sauce ((Dysfunctional sector))15/3 14:52Fri Mar 15 14:52:01 2024In response to Re: Good luckTop of thread

Views: 425

This

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)15/3 13:04Fri Mar 15 13:04:52 2024In response to Re: Good luckTop of thread

Views: 425

As I said, I wish those who are embracing this the best of luck and hope it works and hope even more that I can regain my enthusiasm.

I have always looked at being committed to a football club to be akin to what I imagine being attracted to drugs/gambling is like..... It costs money, you think you can stop at any time, ts normally very bad BUT the occasional high makes you going back to chase that high.

My passion for NBFC was tempered following relegation for a host of reasons. I look at Covid as a sort of cold-turkey period and now I have kicked the habit.

By Camp hill reserves (Camp hill reserves)15/3 13:22Fri Mar 15 13:22:04 2024In response to Re: Good luckTop of thread

Views: 427

I’m not sure if you was there Wednesday but the presentation addressed how we intend to finance the club . A fully transparent costed model , spending within our means based on incomes .
Accountability to the supporters and the community on what happens to every penny entrusted to the club
We intend to release these presentation slides and a FAQs over the next few days

On a whole the feedback was very good and extremely optimistic about our FCs future .

3 people like this 3 people

By boro4414/3 09:40Thu Mar 14 09:40:46 2024In response to Re: Good luckTop of thread

Views: 747

Speaking personally, and this is OMO of course, after watching the Boro for over 70 years,I just can’t give it all up.

By 70s Stalwart (v2)14/3 12:48Thu Mar 14 12:48:31 2024In response to Re: Good luckTop of thread

Views: 636

I must admit that I feel conflicted. Even though my avid supporting years are well behind me, and I’ve only seen a few (away) games in recent years - Hereford, Gloucester, Bromsgrove, Malvern - I still felt very connected to The Boro’, looking anxiously online for the results and reading the posts on this site daily. Whenever anyone asked me who ‘my club’ was, I always replied “Nuneaton Borough”. Now, I honestly don’t know if I will feel the same way about ‘Nuneaton Town FC’, because it is so divorced from my memories of Manor Park and great away trips in the late 60’s, 70’s and early 80’s. For the present, I will reserve judgement and see what happens between now and the beginning of next season. Only time will tell…..

By Lord of the Manor14/3 09:49Thu Mar 14 09:49:58 2024In response to Re: Good luckTop of thread

Views: 694

Is it the BORO though ?

If Bedworth changed there name to Nuneaton Boro, would you watch them ?

It's a new club,new team, new beginning

By Breadline (Helpline......999)14/3 10:02Thu Mar 14 10:02:53 2024In response to Re: Good luckTop of thread

Views: 683

The heritage will be carried forward. It will always be boro'

By TheHonestMan14/3 11:40Thu Mar 14 11:40:58 2024In response to Re: Good luckTop of thread

Views: 661

Don’t like how any new club - in whatever guise or ownership it has gets to ‘pick and choose’ which bits of the heritage it wants.

Will happily leverage the fanbase, and happy memories of Stoke, Middlesbrough, Gainsborough, play-off finals etc.

Ignore the years of bitterness, mis-management and most importantly, the debts that are owed to countless local businesses.

I know it’s how football (and business) works, but doesn’t sit right with me that you can just pick up and start again as the ‘Boro’ after that.

By Greg (NBFC)14/3 12:01Thu Mar 14 12:01:29 2024In response to Re: Good luckTop of thread

Views: 662

I don't think the new club is ignoring the bad years. In fact, it is actively saying that it will do things differently so that those things will not happen this time round.

By TheHonestMan14/3 12:45Thu Mar 14 12:45:13 2024In response to Re: Good luckTop of thread

Views: 625

Ah cool, so they’ll be paying off everyone left out pocket from the previous regime then. Good stuff.

By Greg (NBFC)14/3 13:08Thu Mar 14 13:08:02 2024In response to Re: Good luckTop of thread

Views: 613

Sorry - I clearly made the honest mistake of responding to the words you wrote rather than the bitterness in your thought train.

By TheHonestMan14/3 13:19Thu Mar 14 13:19:36 2024In response to Re: Good luckTop of thread

Views: 610

You what?

You responded to some of the words I wrote, but ignored the bit I prefaced with ‘most importantly’.

As I said, it’s not a ‘Boro’ thing exclusively, it happens with every club that goes out of business and starts again. I just personally don’t like it, and would much rather any new entity properly start again and distance themselves from any previous club as much as possible rather than picking and choosing the nice bits.

By Greg (NBFC)14/3 13:51Thu Mar 14 13:51:15 2024In response to Re: Good luckTop of thread

Views: 593

Ah - I do apologise. I didn't realise that any reply had to address every single point you raised. You didn't actually specify that, so I responded to the bit that I felt I could answer.

By Armchair vulture14/3 10:03Thu Mar 14 10:03:47 2024In response to Re: Good luckTop of thread

Views: 695

Yes heritage of going under three times in 30 odd years.

By Armchair vulture14/3 09:57Thu Mar 14 09:57:22 2024In response to Re: Good luckTop of thread

Views: 709

No it's not the Boro. In all honesty Boro died when the padlock.went.in the gates at Manor Park.

By Wotnostrikers14/3 15:16Thu Mar 14 15:16:11 2024In response to Re: Good luckTop of thread

Views: 588

It’s definitely not the Boro and I dare say after playing in Bedworth for 2 or 3 years it never will be.

That's very hard

By Unnamed Sauce ((Dysfunctional sector))14/3 14:17Thu Mar 14 14:17:07 2024In response to Re: Good luckTop of thread

Views: 626

...On those of us who trekked to Truro, Dartford ,Barrow and the like. Not on the team bus or by coach either but by making our own way. Under whatever flag and whatever silly name BCFA tried to shoehorn us into accepting.

That, Swansea, Bournemouth, Stoke The Riverside et al..that was The Boro.' It still is. Nothing will change that. Not the past the future or the present.

Perhaps you did not read an earlier post I made on this subject?

They will always be The Boro' to me and The Politburo will not make me change my mind. After much pressure (by me-I have the correspondence), they claimed that they had not enforced the previous migration from Boro to Town suggesting strongly that it was an in house decision. I did not believe them then. I do not believe their motives are honourable now. They are a horrible Dads Army organisation. I've had other dealings with them in the past,when representing players from other clubs. Stubborn, intransigent jobsworths.

Do your worse BCFA-I will continue to follow the Boro' I have dozens of Town and Boro shirts so no skin off my nose.

However : I have made my views on Real Donnithorne clear to all. It makes about as much sense as this .

The Club it's history its legacy, its name and those memories are more important and more significant than any one person or person(s) whoever they may be, and however important they felt they were at the time.

Edited by (Dysfunctional sector) at 14:18:52 on 14th March 2024

By Armchair vulture13/3 19:08Wed Mar 13 19:08:59 2024In response to Good luckTop of thread

Views: 1001

100 percent agree with this - my thoughts are the same accept I will not return. Good luck to those who will though. Boro has been destroyed and that's the reality of it sadly.

5 people like this 5 people

By Bluepeter14/3 06:51Thu Mar 14 06:51:32 2024In response to Re: Good luckTop of thread

Views: 829

I haven’t been for a number of years, so appreciate people may feel my contribution is less/not valid, but Those who know me, know how much Boro meant and I have made life long friends, but for me this is also the final nail. I struggled when we left MP and continued and I really wish everyone the best for the new venture, but now when I am asked, I will say I used to support NB but they don’t exist anymore. Having seen all the BS on the various forums, the unanswered questions for those who made this happen, I do wonder if the town can get behind a new entity, but I really hope it can. Hang your heads in shame all of those who contributed to the downfall

By MJNB14/3 10:15Thu Mar 14 10:15:21 2024In response to Re: Good luckTop of thread

Views: 689

“ but now when I am asked, I will say I used to support NB but they don’t exist anymore. ”

This. Totally correct. Boro has gone.

The new club is no more ‘Boro’ to me than my local club Brighouse Town is.

Good luck to all fully involved, like VS says, I may watch the odd game as and when I’m in Nuneaton, but it’s not the Boro’, and probably won’t be ‘my club’.

I’d argue that those trying to convince others that it’s a ‘continuation’ of the Boro’ actually put me off watching more. Just be honest and embrace it’s a new club with a fresh start!

By Vernon Slain14/3 11:38Thu Mar 14 11:38:04 2024In response to Re: Good luckTop of thread

Views: 623

My view too. It would be my desire too that the name be retired and this new venture stands alone but I would guess that an association with the past name could give the new club a little credence with a league placing.
It is all so devastating.

Nuneaton Borough FC is dead—Killed by incompetence.

By VS Dysfunctional (VS Boro)14/3 10:25Thu Mar 14 10:25:18 2024In response to Re: Good luckTop of thread

Views: 673

Perception is a big thing and hard to put the right words in place for those trying to get the message across.

Whatever format of the new venture it will always be know as "the boro". Thats 100% understandable. However I would personally like to see a distance between the last and new formats. That would be branding the club as a new club with new ideas & methods and if that means ditching the blue and white stripes and links with the old badge then so-be-it.

It's understandable that people want a link to the great times Boro have experienced, but the more lows the club has experienced is part and parcel with that. One can not wiped from the history books.

When the club resigned from the league I hoped the Griff would slowly but surely fill the void. I was perhaps being too optimistic and misguided, but in reality what is the difference between the Griff and Nuneaton TBD.

By almost average 214/3 16:54Thu Mar 14 16:54:38 2024In response to Re: Good luckTop of thread

Views: 564

I'm somewhere in the middle between you ( VS ) and say boro 44 in terms of my attitude to the new club . To me it is a new club but set up predominantly for the supporters of the former club as a direct replacement .
It was clear to see that the people setting it up have all the right intentions . There a mix of boro supporting local businessmen , boro fans and local football people who just want to run a club for the town and run it right as best they can . Basically there trying to give us the club so many fans who seem to have given up on the club actually want .
One thing fans will need to accept is progress is going to be slow / steady . It's extremely unlikely we're going to be storming through the divisions , but it equally unlikely we will go bust if they stick to their model .
Personally i'm going to do what i said i was with H&H give it a go and see how it pans out

By Unnamed Sauce ((Dysfunctional sector))14/3 17:29Thu Mar 14 17:29:30 2024In response to Re: Good luckTop of thread

Views: 532

A sensible response-imho of course.

Previous thread: Impressed by Pieman17/3 10:48Sun Mar 17 10:48:44 2024view thread