Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Mickleover by almost average 2Yesterday 20:11Yesterday at 20:11:29view thread

Oldest article: Cam McWilliams by MJNB8/1 21:11Mon Jan 8 21:11:02 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Boro Ladies by StockingfordBrew31/3 20:30Sun Mar 31 20:30:15 2024view thread

Badge for new club

By VS City (VS Boro)26/3 10:01Tue Mar 26 10:01:29 2024

Views: 1138

I have to say (whilst it's a minor thing) I am disappointed as its far too close to that used by NBFC (StadiaSafe).

1,442 votes cast - What about the 7000 at the play offs.

(observation and NOT criticism as a vote is a vote), but it was publicised (rightly) all over Facebook. I wonder how many who, in reality have no real affiliation to the old club or really know whats happened voted.

https://www.facebook.com/nuneatonboroughsupporterscoop

FOR comparison

ll

>>>> Former Nuneaton Boro fan <<<<

Edited by VS Boro at 10:02:32 on 26th March 2024
Edited by VS Boro at 10:04:45 on 26th March 2024

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person

Re: Badge for new club

By boro4427/3 09:52Wed Mar 27 09:52:03 2024In response to Badge for new clubTop of thread

Views: 762

Perhaps only season ticket holder’s should have been allowed to vote !!

By VS City (VS Boro)27/3 09:54Wed Mar 27 09:54:59 2024In response to Re: Badge for new clubTop of thread

Views: 744

I assume you are being facetious.

As I said
(observation and NOT criticism as a vote is a vote), but it was publicised (rightly) all over Facebook. I wonder how many who, in reality have no real affiliation to the old club or really know whats happened voted.

By boro4427/3 10:38Wed Mar 27 10:38:50 2024In response to Re: Badge for new clubTop of thread

Views: 730

Actually i agree with what you say , that’s two things we’ve had to vote on now ,it wouldn’t surprise me if some who voted on both have never seen the Boro play.

I reckon

By Unnamed Sauce ((Dysfunctional sector))27/3 11:06Wed Mar 27 11:06:10 2024In response to Re: Badge for new clubTop of thread

Views: 749

We should have a vote on whether we should all be allowed to vote.

I'll get my coat.

By VS City (VS Boro)27/3 10:43Wed Mar 27 10:43:22 2024In response to Re: Badge for new clubTop of thread

Views: 735

It's just the way it is.
And anyone who does not use Facebook would probably not voted (and I would say easy to vote many times).
Not a criticism as only alternative I can see is asking at open meeting, but things have to progress.

Name & Badge are minor things. Personally I would like distance put between the old and the new, but others want this to be a continuation.

I would like to have a modern, more abstract badge and a unique name (Nuneaton 2024 maybe).

As I said. It's minor and if thats the vote then so-be-it.

Edited by VS Boro at 10:44:02 on 27th March 2024
Edited by VS Boro at 10:45:06 on 27th March 2024

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)27/3 11:39Wed Mar 27 11:39:00 2024In response to Re: Badge for new clubTop of thread

Views: 790

Can't really distance new club from the old, people will still see it as a continuation of the old club, particularly fans of other clubs, there are going to be people involved with new club who were involved with the old club as well.

By MJNB28/3 09:56Thu Mar 28 09:56:00 2024In response to Re: Badge for new clubTop of thread

Views: 624

I think it's a tricky one.

Personally, I'd have gone new badge, new colours, totally and utterly fresh start. The steering committee said they wanted to rebuild trust from our fanbase and the wider footballing community, and I think by keeping any of the same identity, that will prove tough, with many thinking ''same old 'Boro'... '' and waiting for the next implosion.

4 people like this 4 people

By VS City (VS Boro)28/3 17:46Thu Mar 28 17:46:09 2024In response to Re: Badge for new clubTop of thread

Views: 507

I would like the new club to distance itself as much as possible from the previous shamble(s).

If some want to link the two and call the new club "the boro" (as I probably will) then so-be-it.

By Lord of the Manor28/3 17:48Thu Mar 28 17:48:03 2024In response to Re: Badge for new clubTop of thread

Views: 493

Does this distance include previous ex employees or just the badge and the name

By almost average 228/3 16:37Thu Mar 28 16:37:24 2024In response to Re: Badge for new clubTop of thread

Views: 559

Agree
Suppose the problem is it's going to be difficult to attract new support playing Midland league at Bedworth .
The club probably need to concentrate on retaining the current fan base and maybe attracting back a few stay aways , and a lot of these are going to want to feel a connection to the old club or they might as well support the Griff .

By Lord of the Manor28/3 17:42Thu Mar 28 17:42:16 2024In response to Re: Badge for new clubTop of thread

Views: 530

I'm thinking first few games will decide the rest of the season..... Fans will turn out even if it's for curiosity reasons.
Win fist few games support will continue, lose were back to bare bones.
I hope the coop sets a decent playing budget but nothing ridiculous or even low.

On paper we should be signing some decent players for the league we're in...... Our support and budget should be the highest for the first season or two.

By LH28/3 19:23Thu Mar 28 19:23:45 2024In response to Re: Badge for new clubTop of thread

Views: 505

As I said at the Piv, as Treasurer,, I've set a playing budget based on the lower end of possible attendances (200 at step 6). That budget we believe will be competitive at that level without overpaying.

If we more than 200 fans on average, and based on feedback so far that is a distinct possibility, the playing budget will not be increased. If we get less, then the budget will be adjusted down to compensate.

We will also be publishing on a monthly basis a summary of the clubs finances - total incoming and outgoing and any surplus (or deficits, but these will be short term in nature). Supporters of the club and other clubs for that matter, will see we are living within our means.

2 people like this 2 people

By VS City (VS Boro)28/3 17:50Thu Mar 28 17:50:13 2024In response to Re: Badge for new clubTop of thread

Views: 512

And here lies the problem (btw - the coop is not setting the budget)

I hope the coop sets a decent playing budget but nothing ridiculous or even low.

On paper we should be signing some decent players for the league we're in...... Our support and budget should be the highest for the first season or two.

This theory has existed for years and resulted in the many business failures and (as per recent years) no return on high playing budgets.

If the new club under estimates, then that can be addressed in year 2.

By Lord of the Manor28/3 17:55Thu Mar 28 17:55:18 2024In response to Re: Badge for new clubTop of thread

Views: 526

"If the new club under estimates"

Of course it's going to ..... They don't know how many will turn up ..... It's going to be estimated, it's all new .....
But given non contracted players , 7 days etc..... it can be increased in season 1, no reason not to.

The secret is DON'T put anyone on contract, you then keep your budget under control

Edited by Lord of the Manor at 17:58:35 on 28th March 2024
Edited by Lord of the Manor at 18:17:39 on 28th March 2024

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)28/3 17:47Thu Mar 28 17:47:41 2024In response to Re: Badge for new clubTop of thread

Views: 514

And there is the problem, expectation, best budget, highest attendances

By Lord of the Manor28/3 17:50Thu Mar 28 17:50:50 2024In response to Re: Badge for new clubTop of thread

Views: 511

Well it's going to be on paper ....... There's always going to be a sugar daddy propping up some club but the majority you would think would be living within there means ( Boro include) ...... You do the maths

By MJNB28/3 19:14Thu Mar 28 19:14:16 2024In response to Re: Badge for new clubTop of thread

Views: 549

You’re correct.

This may sound weird as a football fan, but I really hope we DON’T get immediate/back to back promotions etc.

Expectations would go up, pressure to spend etc. Coming 3rd or something in a low low league would be just fine initially. Building blocks.

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)29/3 09:08Fri Mar 29 09:08:56 2024In response to Re: Badge for new clubTop of thread

Views: 441

How long though before "we should be wining this tinpot league" comments start

By VS City (VS Boro)29/3 10:00Fri Mar 29 10:00:06 2024In response to Re: Badge for new clubTop of thread

Views: 460

and if things are not brilliant on the field the "We should have gone with H&H"

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)29/3 11:04Fri Mar 29 11:04:25 2024In response to Re: Badge for new clubTop of thread

Views: 472

Yes, some of us still think they might have been a better option

3 people like this 3 people

By LH29/3 15:21Fri Mar 29 15:21:17 2024In response to Re: Badge for new clubTop of thread

Views: 373

How were they a better option, when they withdrew within weeks because they didn't have enough funds to start a club?

Or was it simply that they were the ones proposing a limited company?

Genuinely interested to understand.

By Boro boy29/3 14:28Fri Mar 29 14:28:43 2024In response to Re: Badge for new clubTop of thread

Views: 418

are they the same people who said they were talking to leicester road about a ground share ?? And then their owner came out and said hes never spoke to them!!!!!

By Jebbs29/3 15:25Fri Mar 29 15:25:54 2024In response to Re: Badge for new clubTop of thread

Views: 393

I don't think he said he'd never spoke to them.
He said they'd been "some dialogue on the subject"

By The_Hullablue29/3 16:00Fri Mar 29 16:00:46 2024In response to Re: Badge for new clubTop of thread

Views: 410

H&H said they had worked hard on a feal to share Leicester Road, paying rent and keeping all match day proceeds.
This turned out not to be even remotely true.
It was a lie, like lots of other things they said.

They even lied about Stuart Elliot, which I thought was very poor form.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
How bright should floodlights be in the Conference?

By Jebbs29/3 16:29Fri Mar 29 16:29:10 2024In response to Re: Badge for new clubTop of thread

Views: 404

H&H said they had worked hard on a feal to share Leicester Road, paying rent and keeping all match day proceeds.
This turned out not to be even remotely true.

They may have thought they'd worked hard... I wouldn't know what they consider to be hard work.
All I know is that someone from HLR said they'd been 'some dialogue on the subject'.. which is different from what the other fella posted in this thread.

By The_Hullablue29/3 22:10Fri Mar 29 22:10:05 2024In response to Re: Badge for new clubTop of thread

Views: 416

Iirc the fella from HLR said they would never agree to anything H&H wanted so they couldn't understand why H&H had told Boro fans what they did.
And they lied about loads and loads of other stuff.
They were compulsive liars and ran away as soon as they realised people had spotted they were full of shit.
And that is 100% fact.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)30/3 09:06Sat Mar 30 09:06:01 2024In response to Re: Badge for new clubTop of thread

Views: 442

In your opinion

By The_Hullablue31/3 08:25Sun Mar 31 08:25:02 2024In response to Re: Badge for new clubTop of thread

Views: 368

No Davey, it is not my opinion that they lied, repeatedly, it is a fact they lied repeatedly.
They lied about HLR, they lied about having investors, they lied about Stuart Elliott, they lied, lied lied.
The bloke who was on Boro Chat lied about writing things when there were screenshot of him writing those things.
Why do you keep defending these people that lied to Boro fans and then ran away because they had no backers, no money, and no chance of starting a Clun for Boro fans to follow?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Jebbs30/3 07:40Sat Mar 30 07:40:02 2024In response to Re: Badge for new clubTop of thread

Views: 414

IIRC a poster on here said the owner of HLR had never spoken to them.
HLR actually said they'd been some dialogue on the subject.
HLR also gave some conditions on what they'd expect from NewCo Nuneaton Whatever FC should they choose HLR as their new home.

By Armchair vulture29/3 22:21Fri Mar 29 22:21:16 2024In response to Re: Badge for new clubTop of thread

Views: 420

Just more examples.of compulsive liars associated with Boro down the years including the one who loved to exaggerate play off crowds by 1500 amongst other things.

By The_Hullablue29/3 12:37Fri Mar 29 12:37:59 2024In response to Re: Badge for new clubTop of thread

Views: 463

What was it about the compulsive liar that you thought would be a good option for the football club?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

By Wotnostrikers28/3 21:51Thu Mar 28 21:51:13 2024In response to Re: Badge for new clubTop of thread

Views: 555

Aren’t you about 4 days early with this post

By Greg (NBFC)27/3 09:54Wed Mar 27 09:54:14 2024In response to Re: Badge for new clubTop of thread

Views: 813

That would have been a very low vote, because so far the new club has not sold any season tickets :)

By blueandwhitemad26/3 20:00Tue Mar 26 20:00:19 2024In response to Badge for new clubTop of thread

Views: 927

Have to say I'm a bit disappointed with the choice. Hey ho votes that count so I will go with it I suppose.

Manager for new club

By VS City (VS Boro)26/3 16:16Tue Mar 26 16:16:40 2024In response to Badge for new clubTop of thread

Views: 970

By LH26/3 12:12Tue Mar 26 12:12:49 2024In response to Badge for new clubTop of thread

Views: 1017

Bearing in mind the previous badge was a relatively close second, this gives at least gives a balance between the continuity wanted by some and the change wanted by others. Of course, this also risks pleasing nobody, but the reaction on social media to the choice has been massively positive this morning.

It should also be noted that the parts common to the old badge (except the football, which is being tweaked for the final design, by the way) is from the town and county heraldry.

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)26/3 10:23Tue Mar 26 10:23:53 2024In response to Badge for new clubTop of thread

Views: 1066

The right choice imo

Previous thread: Tamworth promoted by VS City29/3 16:56Fri Mar 29 16:56:46 2024view thread