Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Latest signing by BoropodToday 15:51Today at 15:51:08view thread

Oldest article: FA Vase winners 2027-28 by Camp hill reserves 18/1 16:30Thu Jan 18 16:30:49 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Admission Prices for Boro games by Dougie84/6 19:38Tue Jun 4 19:38:38 2024view thread

👀 10am today

By LH18/5 08:08Sat May 18 08:08:19 2024

Views: 1542

https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029VaYDmIxAojYkLmKgyN1Q

reply to this article | return to the front page

Nostalgia

By VS City (VS Boro)19/5 12:42Sun May 19 12:42:52 2024In response to 👀 10am todayTop of thread

Views: 743

I know he long gone but a name I heard was on list (apparantly not)

I know he had nothing to do with the last failed club but are the new club doing a Blues Brothers and “getting the band back together”

I see Alex Dean has retired - would not suprise me BUT as a player it would be good to have some limited experienced played . Players dropping down. (One or maybe two)…… this a new club not a continuation of the last

https://www.nuneatontownfc.co.uk/news/marsden-makes-nuneaton-return?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR1jCJn-1hePVKw-UdId69rP-dDlHiFt_i52Y2TcITcBkYmd2Z7HSwz1OfU_aem_AUMNJP0KtmqfkiJnk03P9O1nkx46tQmo-czcFoRX1v5YYWrhk3QFmU_TEO3yTAx7PuBSoLUwpycb0MtwH4fDnXUH

>>>> Former Nuneaton Boro fan <<<<

Disconsent

By VS City (VS Boro)18/5 15:24Sat May 18 15:24:04 2024In response to 👀 10am todayTop of thread

Views: 1140

on the Nuneaton Borough Supporters' Co-Operative Facebook page.

Things like mass resignations and the sub-committee for choosing the manager did not interview the pair and their recommendation overruled.

I pretty much say with confidence "No smoke without Fire" on this one.

If Town/Boro/Town/Boro/Town was a soap opera it would be cancelled due to lack of credibility.

Re: Disconsent

By Jebbs18/5 15:29Sat May 18 15:29:53 2024In response to Disconsent Top of thread

Views: 1088

Who chose the managers? Who interviewed them?
I believe there's a board and last we heard some members were "interim"?
A sub committee? What do they do?
Whose resigned?

Any info would be great.

By VS City (VS Boro)18/5 15:49Sat May 18 15:49:01 2024In response to Re: Disconsent Top of thread

Views: 1044

I don’t really know many names.

From what I understand……
A sub group was established to find a manager and put to main group for approval only for some of the main group to force Acton on the club. Acton had not even applied of interviewed.

The advisory group are not happy.

That’s my understanding.

Edited by VS Boro at 15:50:22 on 18th May 2024

By Jebbs18/5 16:21Sat May 18 16:21:43 2024In response to Re: Disconsent Top of thread

Views: 1005

Sub group are fans mucking in and helping out and who have been chosen by the Co-op?
Main group being the Board who set the Club up? (With a lot of help from the Co-op?)

By Lord of the Manor18/5 16:05Sat May 18 16:05:57 2024In response to Re: Disconsent Top of thread

Views: 1039

I'm sure with the co-op being up front with everything we'll have some answers

By The_Hullablue21/5 13:12Tue May 21 13:12:54 2024In response to Re: Disconsent Top of thread

Views: 469

Do you know the FC is not the coop and the coop is not the FC?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
How bright should floodlights be in the Conference?

By Jebbs (Jebbsy)18/5 16:47Sat May 18 16:47:38 2024In response to Re: Disconsent Top of thread

Views: 996

Only so much the Co-op can be up front about.

Board of Directors: Ian Cook (chair), Derek Dunnachie, Stuart Elliott, Jim Evans and Mark Lacrouts, with Lee Hayward as the club’s treasurer and Richard Dean as secretary.

By Lord of the Manor18/5 18:11Sat May 18 18:11:27 2024In response to Re: Disconsent Top of thread

Views: 915

Didn't the coop say they'd be upfront with everything.... Or did I imagine that ?
Anyway... questions have been asked and I'm sure they'd want to put the record straight..... Not wanting to get off on the wrong foot and all that

By VS City (VS Boro)18/5 18:17Sat May 18 18:17:23 2024In response to Re: Disconsent Top of thread

Views: 923

The coop are just 2 of a bigger board that run the club.

Although I cant see anything on their website about make-up

By Jebbs18/5 18:16Sat May 18 18:16:24 2024In response to Re: Disconsent Top of thread

Views: 930

Think you're right in some regard. I remember them saying they'd be up front with the finances for sure. Regular updates etc 👍

By Gustavus18/5 18:54Sat May 18 18:54:09 2024In response to Re: Disconsent Top of thread

Views: 907

The presentation at the Piv was very professional. All the plans for the new Club were explained and a variety of people spoke. Along with the Board structure various sub committees with expertise and different responsibilities were announced.

It looked like things were being done professionally and correctly.

The sponsors took a back seat and watched from the audience.

Really not sure what’s changed and why?

If a sub committee is set up and given tasks which take them many hours and are done carefully and with due consideration why not listen to them?

I think we are all waiting for an explanation. This doesn’t look like a good start.

1 person likes this 1 person

Animal Farm?

By VS City (VS Boro)18/5 20:12Sat May 18 20:12:11 2024In response to Re: Disconsent Top of thread

Views: 944

I worry it could be

Re: Animal Farm?

By Boropod (BoroughPod)19/5 06:45Sun May 19 06:45:17 2024In response to Animal Farm?Top of thread

Views: 763

Looks like the two main sponsors on the board got their way perhaps.

Note to self, 'be careful what you wish for'

By Jebbs19/5 06:51Sun May 19 06:51:02 2024In response to Re: Animal Farm?Top of thread

Views: 773

And stuck two fingers up at the steering group, fans reps and supporters in the process.
Them and Us already.
Different dish... same wrapper.
Perhaps.

2 people like this 2 people

By VS City (VS Boro)19/5 10:13Sun May 19 10:13:19 2024In response to Re: Animal Farm?Top of thread

Views: 694

I know bugger all about Dodds and at the level the club will play at makes it difficult.

I am pretty sure they resigned at Coventry United after 1 game.

I know my view of separating past and present as much as possible is probably different to most BUT this smacks of "we need a manager who the supporters can relate to and provides continuity with the failed club. I know someone who played a lot of games for boro and was around when Boro' went tits up. I will have a word with him" .

LETS WAIT AND SEE. It's not going to be easy for whoever was manager, but to go against the perceived ethos of the setup at so early is not good.

* I had not really given it much thought as I was indifferent to any new club. Perhaps the reality was always that the steering group exist to do the hard work in setting up the club but long term it will be 100% the directors who make all decisions; just like before (with exception the coop have a representative who will have a difficult position) and the limitations of the constitution (which I hope includes no-loans)

Edited by VS Boro at 10:13:28 on 19th May 2024

By Jebbs (Jebbsy)19/5 11:52Sun May 19 11:52:23 2024In response to Re: Animal Farm?Top of thread

Views: 669

but to go against the perceived ethos of the setup at so early is not good

Absolutely.

Your view about separating past and present and why these two were appointed could well be valid but the rumour mill hasn't been spitting names out too much so it could well be as simple as.......... they were available and were the best of the bunch.

By VS City (VS Boro)19/5 12:00Sun May 19 12:00:13 2024In response to Re: Animal Farm?Top of thread

Views: 664

I suspect the margin of "best of the bunch" is extremely small.

I suspect Liverpool fans didn't think Klopp was the best choice, where as many Man United fans thought Ten Hag was "the best available".

Bringing things closer........ many (including myself) thought Daish was perfect for the Boro'.

Nothing against Acton, but this is far closer to the past than expected; probably only the appointment of JG, his mad side-kick could be closer or Storer would be closer.

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)19/5 12:29Sun May 19 12:29:02 2024In response to Re: Animal Farm?Top of thread

Views: 635

Would you want them to appoint someone just because they have no previous history with the club, or would you want them to appoint the people who they feel are best suited to the roll irrespective of one of them having a history with the club!! Russell Dodds knows the level we will be playing at

By VS City (VS Boro)19/5 12:50Sun May 19 12:50:46 2024In response to Re: Animal Farm?Top of thread

Views: 624

This is a NEW club. A club that has come into existence due to miss-management of a previous club many times over.

I absolutely accept it may be unfair on individuals but I would rather no one with any past (no matter how distant) connection with Nuneaton Boro.

This club should be about building and doing the right thing on many levels. If the club struggles on the field next season then so-what?

From what is being said, the club is being run in a similar way to history (but with constitution limitations and supporter-rep involved) by the same people involved in the last club. This along with "our history" which seems to forget it has probably more bad times than good.

Why is someone who apparently did not apply for the job now manager? Why was he approached? what convinced him to change his mind?

I said all this when the procedure was outlined and if anything my resolute has continued.

PS - One of the pre-requsists was "play attacking football". Has Acton showed this during his previous managements (1 game at. CUFC).

PPS - The manager at Barwell has knowledge and success at this level. Whilst I know he has a job, perhaps he could have been tempted ;)

Edited by VS Boro at 12:51:39 on 19th May 2024
Edited by VS Boro at 12:52:58 on 19th May 2024

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)19/5 14:46Sun May 19 14:46:29 2024In response to Re: Animal Farm?Top of thread

Views: 584

Acton was Assistant Manager at CUFC

By Jebbs (Jebbsy)19/5 13:22Sun May 19 13:22:17 2024In response to Re: Animal Farm?Top of thread

Views: 619

I absolutely accept it may be unfair on individuals but I would rather no one with any past (no matter how distant) connection with Nuneaton Boro.

There wouldn't be a Club.
Unless you're thinking the unthinkable? A H&H style Club.. out of towners, shysters, etc etc

By VS City (VS Boro)19/5 13:49Sun May 19 13:49:00 2024In response to Re: Animal Farm?Top of thread

Views: 607

I obviously exclude those supporters who want to follow a club in Nuneaton. Also past sponsors (but some are on parole).

I must admit, if this does not go as well on the field as some expected I await the "Told you; we should have gone with H&H".

By Jebbs (Jebbsy)19/5 14:35Sun May 19 14:35:04 2024In response to Re: Animal Farm?Top of thread

Views: 577

obviously exclude those supporters who want to follow a club in Nuneaton. Also past sponsors (but some are on parole).

Past sponsors now run/own the Club.
They created this new Club.
Are those the ones you mean about being on parole?

I wouldn't have thought bad on the field performances would hail cries for H&H (although you never know with some of 'em).
Things like completely blanking a steering group that's specifically set up to do a certain thing for the Club with a "we know best" attitude could though.

By VS City (VS Boro)19/5 12:56Sun May 19 12:56:13 2024In response to Re: Animal Farm?Top of thread

Views: 614

Being texted that Acton had more than 1 game as manager of Coventry United. Maybe, but it was not many. Hard to find info

Apointed 15-Nov-21

The club was bought from the original owners by Coventry-based businessman Joe Haggarty.[citation needed] After 5 seasons in the MFL Premier Division and finishing as Coventry's highest ranked non-league club for 5 years in a row, the restructuring of the non-league pyramid saw Coventry United placed in the United Counties League Premier Division South. Following the departure of Terry Anderson in November 2021, the Red and Greens hired manager, Russell Dodds, and assistant manager, Darren Acton. They resigned from their roles due to personal reasons several weeks later.

Edited by VS Boro at 13:00:35 on 19th May 2024

By Jebbs (Jebbsy)19/5 12:42Sun May 19 12:42:57 2024In response to Re: Animal Farm?Top of thread

Views: 630

So many already involved from the old Club.. few more won't hurt.

By Wotnostrikers19/5 12:09Sun May 19 12:09:42 2024In response to Re: Animal Farm?Top of thread

Views: 613

Here we go again.

By Boropod (BoroughPod)19/5 06:59Sun May 19 06:59:16 2024In response to Re: Animal Farm?Top of thread

Views: 758

Has left a bit of a sour taste.

By Lord of the Manor19/5 08:53Sun May 19 08:53:32 2024In response to Re: Animal Farm?Top of thread

Views: 720

Two sides to every story, that's why until we know the facts let's not jump to the normal conclusions.

Edited by Lord of the Manor at 08:55:26 on 19th May 2024

By 70s Stalwart (v2)19/5 08:55Sun May 19 08:55:28 2024In response to Re: Animal Farm?Top of thread

Views: 718

Agreed. Why always look for the negatives? Keep an open mind.

By LH18/5 18:41Sat May 18 18:41:15 2024In response to Re: Disconsent Top of thread

Views: 976

First one at the end of the month 👍

By Jebbs (Jebbsy)15/6 20:01Sat Jun 15 20:01:01 2024In response to Re: Disconsent Top of thread

Views: 318

Which month?

By mark-nbfc15/6 20:52Sat Jun 15 20:52:05 2024In response to Re: Disconsent Top of thread

Views: 342

The article has been written by the treasurer and it's on my to do list to get uploaded to the website. Apologies for the delay Jebbs.

edit: its on the website now 👍

---
Hope is not a plan.

Edited by mark-nbfc at 10:33:18 on 18th June 2024

By bert's dad18/5 17:27Sat May 18 17:27:37 2024In response to Re: Disconsent Top of thread

Views: 964

Let’s see what happens on the pitch

By Jebbs18/5 17:40Sat May 18 17:40:49 2024In response to Re: Disconsent Top of thread

Views: 960

Bury our head in the sand and not be bothered about the running of the Club?

Ok, we've done it before may as well do it again 👍

2 people like this 2 people

By VS City (VS Boro)21/5 22:44Tue May 21 22:44:40 2024In response to Re: Disconsent Top of thread

Views: 377

True. Many did bury head in the sand very recently and still refuse to see.

Managers

By Jebbs18/5 10:36Sat May 18 10:36:45 2024In response to 👀 10am todayTop of thread

Views: 1317

Russell Dodds and Darren Acton

Re: Managers

By VS City (VS Boro)18/5 10:46Sat May 18 10:46:58 2024In response to ManagersTop of thread

Views: 1252

Bit disappointed. Not by credentials but with the past connection with the old club.
I really hoped the new club would totally distance themselves. I think this is important.

STRESS. No problem with the names or their reputation, integrity or credential, just the connection with Nuneaton Boro.

I was hearing another name being mentioned. Someone who last played for Boro about 12 years ago so no connection what-so-ever with the previous owners. I felt the same as it felt too nostalgic.

By Jebbs (Jebbsy)18/5 12:02Sat May 18 12:02:01 2024In response to Re: ManagersTop of thread

Views: 1155

Past connections to the old club are the very fabric of the new club. It's been like that since the first murmurs of being set up.

Personally have no problem with past connections owning/running the new club and therefore have no issues with someone from the old clubs past being a manager.

Would hate to see someone overlooked on the basis they once played for the old club especially as so many of the "old lot" are now the "new lot" in running the show.

By Lord of the Manor18/5 11:59Sat May 18 11:59:26 2024In response to Re: ManagersTop of thread

Views: 1136

Not high profile enough for me I'm afraid...... Needed someone from a higher level with the contacts that go with that.
Maybe a Mark Noon or a Neil Champelovier (Tamworth assistant)

Edit ..... Although I believe wage bill is capped ( we must live within our means ) I still expect and believe promotion is achievable in the first season, (nothing less).
It's still a big club for the league we're in.

Edited by Lord of the Manor at 12:04:40 on 18th May 2024

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)18/5 12:54Sat May 18 12:54:08 2024In response to Re: ManagersTop of thread

Views: 1091

Disagree, we needed someone who knows the level, which is what we have got

By ntfcadam (nbfcadam)18/5 13:02Sat May 18 13:02:04 2024In response to Re: ManagersTop of thread

Views: 1077

Agree but Dodds got sacked at Xmas from Coton Green with 1 win in 18 games!

Happy with Acco but not convinced with his mate. Lets see hope im proven wrong!

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)18/5 13:11Sat May 18 13:11:11 2024In response to Re: ManagersTop of thread

Views: 1063

Need to give them a chance and time for things to click, putting a whole new side together from scratch is no easy task

By Lord of the Manor18/5 16:03Sat May 18 16:03:29 2024In response to Re: ManagersTop of thread

Views: 971

With the amount of players available at this level + Boro old youth set it ....won't be that hard.
Given the expectations I'd say we'd have pick of most players at this level, probably more than we think

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)18/5 16:55Sat May 18 16:55:09 2024In response to Re: ManagersTop of thread

Views: 934

One thing getting players, another getting a whole new squad to gel

By Lord of the Manor18/5 18:12Sat May 18 18:12:29 2024In response to Re: ManagersTop of thread

Views: 884

Can't argue with that ..... Just like any team I suppose

By Boropod (BoroughPod)18/5 12:29Sat May 18 12:29:58 2024In response to Re: ManagersTop of thread

Views: 1107

Yes its a cautious safe affordable appointment, can't blame the board for doing this and Acton will have the backing of most fans.
Just glad Ginnelly and his mates are not involved.

Previous thread: Experienced signing made by MJNB28/5 19:01Tue May 28 19:01:45 2024view thread