Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Disconsent by mark-nbfcYesterday 20:52Yesterday at 20:52:05view thread

Oldest article: Prince Mancinelli by VoR18/1 10:11Thu Jan 18 10:11:57 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Club Statement by VS City21/5 10:31Tue May 21 10:31:34 2024view thread

A Retraction

By Unnamed Sauce ((Dysfunctional sector))22/5 23:46Wed May 22 23:46:09 2024

Views: 821

On Friday, lifted by emotional scenes at Alan Hudson's funeral I wrote , "This Club Will Never Die."

It seems from the drivel being spouted on one of the longest and most unpleasant threads ever seen on this Forum..it already has. Died, that is.

Quite what all the political ideological and religious claptrap spewing out , page after page in this discourse below has to do with football, I have no idea. As all the usual suspects begin to crawl back out from under their individual stones, the way forward is becoming clear to me.

Yes, football at World and Premier League level has already to some extent been politicised. But at (virtually) grass roots level and this far down the Pyramid, this kind of rabid and toxic hatred, innuendo, rancour, loathing, deception, subterfuge, agitation and warmongering has no place. None at all. Never mind not supporting a club that embraces people with extremist views and which has some followers who are quite clearly deranged, I fear for my own safety (and theirs) if I take the risk of standing next to them next season. At The Oval or anywhere else.

Let It Go? Move on? -as some have advocated? Oh yes. I think it is time to do just that. And more than any points deductions, relegation, mismanagement, incompetence, name changes, or sleight of hand, events over the last few days and the commentary on them has changed my mind in less than a week. I feel I have had a lucky escape.

reply to this article | return to the front page

3 people like this 3 people

Re: A Retraction

By Boropod (BoroughPod)24/5 17:11Fri May 24 17:11:53 2024In response to A RetractionTop of thread

Views: 371

Drivel. You should know!

Note to self, 'be careful what you wish for'

By Unnamed Sauce ((Dysfunctional sector))24/5 19:38Fri May 24 19:38:46 2024In response to Re: A RetractionTop of thread

Views: 335

Et Tu Brute.

By Boropod (BoroughPod)24/5 19:58Fri May 24 19:58:42 2024In response to Re: A RetractionTop of thread

Views: 332

Je m'en fous

Fiche toi

By Unnamed Sauce ((Dysfunctional sector))24/5 20:33Fri May 24 20:33:07 2024In response to Re: A RetractionTop of thread

Views: 323

Vous avez le visage d'un singe mort

Re: Fiche toi

By Boropod (BoroughPod)25/5 11:24Sat May 25 11:24:02 2024In response to Fiche toiTop of thread

Views: 208

.......et tu as un cerveau de canard

1 person likes this 1 person

By Armchair vulture23/5 18:19Thu May 23 18:19:36 2024In response to A RetractionTop of thread

Views: 523

Do not fret sauce - everyone with half a brain knows the club is dead. Could it actually be that despite people thinking individual businessmen over the years are some what to blame, it may be that major indifference by Nuneaton folk in general and fan infighting could also be part of the mix.that has rendered the club unviable?
I've done 45 years but am now done due to various reasons. I.can't stomach yet another low level comeback where the usual suspects will be entirely happy with a large fish in a very small pond.
It seems to me now that Nuneaton Boros support is just a large clique.
For.me the club died when it left Manor Park- the running of Boro at.Liberty way being akin to.flogging a dead horse.
It always concerns me that many other smaller and similar sized towns to Nuneaton can make a success of their clubs and at a high non league level.or even the FL. Is it always the case of better management or is it the case that Nuneaton people just aren't interested in a non league home town club when they can watch championship football 10 minutes down the A444?
It's hard when we're Nuneaton born and bred we all have good memories. Perhaps now any one interested in a resurection should accept low level non league which may be the only viable continuation of a.once great club.

Edited by Armchair vulture at 18:20:23 on 23rd May 2024
Edited by Armchair vulture at 18:21:19 on 23rd May 2024
Edited by Armchair vulture at 18:45:28 on 23rd May 2024

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)23/5 19:44Thu May 23 19:44:18 2024In response to Re: A RetractionTop of thread

Views: 449

Think you are totally wrong AV

1 person likes this 1 person

By The_Hullablue23/5 07:49Thu May 23 07:49:18 2024In response to A RetractionTop of thread

Views: 623

Sorry you feel that way.

I have not seen it as unpleasant, or any of the other things
and while some of the religion and politics stuff has no place in football, the subcommittee's choice for manager's views left some on no doubt a line was crossed.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
How bright should floodlights be in the Conference?

By Unnamed Sauce ((Dysfunctional sector))23/5 09:51Thu May 23 09:51:32 2024In response to Re: A RetractionTop of thread

Views: 593

Some of the language being used and expressed in that thread is not for me. And having slept on what I posted last night-I still feel it has nothing to do with football. As you know, I have strongly held political views on everything from drowning Prime Ministers, through to to the chaos in parts of the Middle East and right down to the amount of raw sewage regularly being dumped in the River Anker. This is not the place to air them.

As for the vagaries of the various parties still jockeying for position and power as regards the club-after all these years and still having apparently learned nothing during that time-there are two groups taking part in that thread and the other current shenanigans:

1. those who seem to know what the hell is going on:

2. The rest of us.

I am in category two. Other than Darren Acton, who I recognise as being a past goalkeeper-I have no idea who the personalities quoted or insinuated as being involved are. None at all. Even though apparently, I was standing next to some of them last week. Even though a few have been named elsewhere. I cannot put a face to them. And of course, not all have been named. Just referred to as "he." Or by using initials. Even after trying to follow such a long thread, I have no real idea of who has done what and to whom and more importantly....why.

There is one thing currently in matters of this club-Phoenix or otherwise-that stands out above all others. It is the continuing lack of transparency. We are all hiding behind aliases on here, myself included. That has advantages and disadvantages. I realise that some people feel they are being sensible by only hinting at things. But it does not always help to speak in euphemisms.

In an information vacuum, interest wanes. As I grow older my tolerance threshold shrinks. I do not have time to spend all day combing social media platforms to try to find out what is going on. I was intending to go and watch the "New" Boro sometimes next season. Now I find that the only thing "new" about it is the name-and even that is not original. So unless something radical happens, I just can't drum up any interest.

All this infighting is nothing new. It is an old old OLD overplayed record, with the same needles stuck in a different groove. It may seem thrilling to some. But to a few of us it is just boring.

3 people like this 3 people

By bookworm1 (lurker)23/5 15:06Thu May 23 15:06:31 2024In response to Re: A RetractionTop of thread

Views: 508

I am not usually a fan of your posting style but on this occasion you have encapsulated my views exactly.Even though I entered the discussion.
When I read the original post in the thread I immediately thought that I was back in the old days of fan infighting.
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Grammar is the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you’re shit.

By VS City (VS Boro)23/5 11:58Thu May 23 11:58:21 2024In response to Re: A RetractionTop of thread

Views: 518

The views were that of the declined manager. Those views are totally unacceptable for a community club.

>>>> Former Nuneaton Boro fan <<<<

By Unnamed Sauce ((Dysfunctional sector))23/5 13:27Thu May 23 13:27:18 2024In response to Re: A RetractionTop of thread

Views: 513

Thank you for that (part) explanation. However..some of the other political and religious comments last night were not being expressed by him. Unless he has several aliases on this forum and has been a contributor on and off for years.

And whoever was expressing them-I agree. Entirely inappropriate.

By joetowny (Joe)23/5 10:41Thu May 23 10:41:31 2024In response to Re: A RetractionTop of thread

Views: 529

i get you sauce if no one else does
ive walked away twice before vowing never to return
this time is the final straw. as far as im concerned.
its done. over. 1952-2024 finito. no more
ive tried to comprehend one or two of the 1000's of recent posts.
haven't a Fxxxin clue what or where its all going or what is going on.
you only get shit on so many times before even the dumbest ( aka Joe ) eventually wise up.
even so i still wish you all well
hence good luck.... and boy are you going to need it.

By The_Hullablue23/5 09:59Thu May 23 09:59:21 2024In response to Re: A RetractionTop of thread

Views: 547

There is no one posting on these threads, as far as I know, who is on the board of the new club and therefore a decision maker.
One was on the board, but resigned after an avoidable mistep that was made with the best of intentions but poor execution.

Long and short of it is that the football subcommittee put forward their chosen candidate and for whatever reason (which rightly should remain confidential) the board decided he wasn't the right choice and then interviewed a fresh candidate.

Understandably the subcommittee were not happy that a candidate who did not go their process.

I think some more candour from the board towards the subcommittee would have helped avoid the ill-feeling.

I put it down to inexperience/naivety rather than malice.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

2 people like this 2 people

By 70s Stalwart (v2)23/5 10:48Thu May 23 10:48:55 2024In response to Re: A RetractionTop of thread

Views: 543

Personally, I find it really depressing that all the positivity being expressed on here less than a week ago has been replaced by negativity. Why not just keep calm and wait to see where we stand in 2 month’s time when the tactical intentions of the coaches and the shape of the squad is clearer, eh? For now, just stop bickering. Enough.

5 people like this 5 people

By blueandwhitemad23/5 16:37Thu May 23 16:37:16 2024In response to Re: A RetractionTop of thread

Views: 478

Have to agree with you 100% .First posting for me on here for a while and fed up with all the bickering thus far since our last demise and am looking to try and stay positive and move on. We are going to need lots of positivity from now on despite how things go. Rome was not built in a day as the saying goes.

Edited by blueandwhitemad at 16:58:33 on 23rd May 2024

By Boropod (BoroughPod)24/5 16:37Fri May 24 16:37:07 2024In response to Re: A RetractionTop of thread

Views: 330

Really! I don't see any bickering just fans trying to work out some truths.
If people who don't go, who have moved away, and have no real intention of going again to to watch want to make pointless whining comments all the time then so be it but don't have to agree.

By Unnamed Sauce ((Dysfunctional sector))24/5 19:39Fri May 24 19:39:57 2024In response to Re: A RetractionTop of thread

Views: 278

Went several times last season. FTR.

By 70s Stalwart (v2)24/5 18:25Fri May 24 18:25:38 2024In response to Re: A RetractionTop of thread

Views: 304

Guilty as charged ✋ I left Nuneaton in 1979, never watched a home game at LW and have only managed to see a few away games in recent years, but nevertheless I still want to see Boro’ (or Town, or whatever) succeed. I was just expressing my personal disappointment at how quickly last Friday’s optimism disappeared.

By Boropod (BoroughPod)24/5 18:54Fri May 24 18:54:58 2024In response to Re: A RetractionTop of thread

Views: 287

Yes all the controversy and it is disappointing Stuff, but I expect we'll either bomb badly or piss this tin pot league.
That's Boro!

By Gustavus24/5 18:58Fri May 24 18:58:51 2024In response to Re: A RetractionTop of thread

Views: 304

The strange thing is the CoOp AGM this week (where the supposed protagonists were) was actually good humoured, positive and supportive in contrast to how things are portrayed on here.

2 people like this 2 people

By The_Hullablue24/5 19:11Fri May 24 19:11:04 2024In response to Re: A RetractionTop of thread

Views: 308

Reading back, that didn't come across quite as tongue in cheek as it was meant to, probably a bit too harsh, so deleted.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Edited by The_Hullablue at 19:13:43 on 24th May 2024
Edited by The_Hullablue at 19:39:10 on 24th May 2024

Previous thread: Statement by VS City23/5 16:11Thu May 23 16:11:40 2024view thread