Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Um.. by almost average 2Yesterday 16:56Yesterday at 16:56:37view thread

Oldest article: Council statement by Shrewblue24/1 14:52Wed Jan 24 14:52:06 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: True or False by Sharpey31/7 20:02Wed Jul 31 20:02:37 2024view thread

Thank you to all who came yesterday

By LH4/8 09:43Sun Aug 4 09:43:48 2024

Views: 545

If anyone has been reading my Treasurer's updates or saw the presentation at the Piv will remember our playing budget is based on 200 attendance, so the gate receipts from any attendance over that across the season will be ring-fenced for our "back to Nuneaton campaign". Also £1 from every admission also goes into that pot.

If we maintain that level of support (and I think we may even get more!) It will really help our efforts of getting back to Nuneaton and I want to thank everyone single one of you for being there yesterday 👏👏👏

But anyone who was there yesterday will know that the most important thing from the day was the buzz about the place - every before kick off it felt like something special was happening. There were also faces there that I hadn't seen for a while and a few club legends - Cully and Kirk Stephens are looking well and really enjoyed themselves, and Leroy popped by to wish us well.

I also want to mention the staff at Bedworth United, who have made us feel welcome, especially the bar staff who I know has a busy day but really enjoyed it. And Finlay is doing us proud keeping us fed! There were a fair few Greenbacks in the crowd too, so wearing green and white (fair play 👏), and the concensus on the Bedworth United Facebook forum last night was that Boro fans were brilliant yesterday and made it a great atmosphere and furthermore it was noted that we treated The Oval with respect.

So, who is going to Chelmsley Town tomorrow night? It's only 20 odd minutes to Coleshill so I'm expecting 200 or so, which will make it a cracking night!

reply to this article | return to the front page

6 people like this 6 people

Re: Thank you to all who came yesterday

By Camp hill reserves (Camp hill reserves)4/8 12:44Sun Aug 4 12:44:34 2024In response to Thank you to all who came yesterdayTop of thread

Views: 480

i echo those comments , thank you for all your support it was great to see so many people that hadn't been to 'the boro' for years.

we still have so much we want to do , ambition on and off the pitch but not at the detriment to the club ever

the board are still all new to this , learning on the job so to speak but i have no doubts given the excellent people involved .

thank you to all our amazing volunteers without you guys none of this would happen

well done to all the mascots too ...great to see so many families there

can't wait until we do it all again

UTT

Re: Thank you to all who came yesterday

By almost average 24/8 13:59Sun Aug 4 13:59:49 2024In response to Re: Thank you to all who came yesterdayTop of thread

Views: 422

I was absolutely buzzing last night . We had beaten Paget in the Midland league yet i felt like we had won a play off final , why ? . The last few months have been a reality check for everyone involved with the club . There have certainly been times when i doubted i would have a club to support and changing club is not an option for me . There must be hundreds of boro fans who felt the same . For a few that reality check gave them the opportunity to sever their ties , something they were probably looking to do anyway , but for the vast majority they just wanted their club back to support even if they didn't admit it and yesterday we had it . So for me and a few hundred others beating Paget in the Midland league at Bedworth is far more desirable than the alternative . Thank you to everyone who made it possible .

5 people like this 5 people

Previous thread: Chelsmley town by Wolfman4/8 07:30Sun Aug 4 07:30:48 2024view thread