Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Um.. by almost average 2Yesterday 16:56Yesterday at 16:56:37view thread

Oldest article: Council statement by Shrewblue24/1 14:52Wed Jan 24 14:52:06 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Twitter (X) site. by Dougie828/8 10:07Wed Aug 28 10:07:42 2024view thread

Boro 0 v Griff 1

By Boropod (BoroughPod)26/8 15:42Mon Aug 26 15:42:55 2024

Views: 1299

No text

Note to self, 'be careful what you wish for'

reply to this article | return to the front page

HT Boro 0 v Griff 1

By Boropod (BoroughPod)26/8 15:50Mon Aug 26 15:50:02 2024In response to Boro 0 v Griff 1Top of thread

Views: 1356

Great individual goal but boro keep giving ball away.
Att779

Edited by BoroughPod at 16:08:00 on 26th August 2024

Boro 1 v Griff 1

By Boropod (BoroughPod)26/8 16:16Mon Aug 26 16:16:12 2024In response to HT Boro 0 v Griff 1Top of thread

Views: 1414

Baker
Att779
Bloody hell this is a hard watch.

Edited by BoroughPod at 16:16:31 on 26th August 2024

FT Boro 1 v Griff 1

By Boropod (BoroughPod)26/8 16:59Mon Aug 26 16:59:09 2024In response to Boro 1 v Griff 1Top of thread

Views: 1389

No text

Re: FT Boro 1 v Griff 1

By almost average 226/8 17:47Mon Aug 26 17:47:43 2024In response to FT Boro 1 v Griff 1Top of thread

Views: 1257

Boro didn't deserve to win too many players had an off day & Griff didn't deserve to lose , and they had by far the best player on the pitch in goalscorer No 10 .

1 person likes this 1 person

Re: FT Boro 1 v Griff 1

By Atty Boro26/8 18:25Mon Aug 26 18:25:26 2024In response to Re: FT Boro 1 v Griff 1Top of thread

Views: 1164

No natural width going forward.
Players seem to have “good feet”, but the pace of the game made it a bit scrappy.

Still think we have some good players

By Unnamed Sauce (Bedduth Blue)26/8 19:55Mon Aug 26 19:55:28 2024In response to Re: FT Boro 1 v Griff 1Top of thread

Views: 1090

But yes, too many were off it today. Griff were well on top for 60 minutes-until (like so may of our opponents) they resorted to conning the ref crawling about and taking long injury breaks to get a rest and break our play up whenever we had an advantage. Very cute and very effective.

In fairness-we kept at them and although Griff played very well, it could be the intensity of a second better half from us that tired them out . So they fell into the temptation of playing for a point.

They took the lead and their goal was brilliant. An outstanding run and finish. Ours was decent, though we'd fluffed several easier changes earlier. We hit the woodwork a few times first half and I would like to hear from those behind the goal, what they made of our winner that wasn't, in the second half . I was in line with the goal line and I thought it was over. I am a tad biased however. Please tell me it wasn't.

The lineswoman was excellent-didn't get a decision wrong. The linesman was too young and made a few howlers. The referee was average but better than most of those seen at MP or TBT.

Great crowd, but for the third game running, I had to move away from a viewing point because of the incessant moaning of few "supporters" standing near me. Where have they been over the last few seasons? ( clubhouse side-100%). They found it very hard to praise any aspect of BoroTown play, at any time. They need a reality check . They need to remember what level we are playing at right now. They also need to get behind their team and stop shouting "rubbish" so loud that the players can hear it. There was no "rubbish" from either side today. Just a lot of mistakes because not everyone is fully fit and not all are capable of Serie A skill level.

Re: Still think we have some good players

By boro4427/8 09:12Tue Aug 27 09:12:55 2024In response to Still think we have some good playersTop of thread

Views: 784

Your last paragraph, absolutely spot on in everything you say.

By Boropod (BoroughPod)27/8 13:06Tue Aug 27 13:06:38 2024In response to Re: Still think we have some good playersTop of thread

Views: 822

The lady lino was the ref on Sat at Drews and was decent then.

By Atty Boro27/8 21:42Tue Aug 27 21:42:25 2024In response to Re: Still think we have some good playersTop of thread

Views: 593

Not the same, the ref was a lot younger on Saturday.

By Snappycroc UTT (SnappyNBFCcroc)26/8 22:16Mon Aug 26 22:16:12 2024In response to Still think we have some good playersTop of thread

Views: 912

Er embarrassing result

By boro4427/8 09:10Tue Aug 27 09:10:13 2024In response to Re: Still think we have some good playersTop of thread

Views: 755

Why ?

By bert's dad26/8 22:30Mon Aug 26 22:30:41 2024In response to Re: Still think we have some good playersTop of thread

Views: 850

Not at all. A mid table side played out of their skins and got a draw at the top of the table side. It’s happened plenty of times before especially to the Boro.

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)26/8 22:13Mon Aug 26 22:13:01 2024In response to Still think we have some good playersTop of thread

Views: 871

I was in line with it as well and am convinced it was over the line, unfortunately the lino who stood right in front of me wasn't, he was wrong

By Wotnostrikers26/8 21:25Mon Aug 26 21:25:59 2024In response to Still think we have some good playersTop of thread

Views: 900

I had a perfect eye line to the ball and it was over the line but the young man running that sideline wouldn’t have saw it if it had hit the net.
He was giving offside and getting it totally wrong even when he was dead inline.
This is my 3rd home game and today has put me right off because it was indeed a hard watch and even though I understand what I should expect at this level any initial enthusiasm and excitement is just draining away.
I will contribute financially to the cause whenever I can as the season progresses and follow the team on local and social media but for the time being I won’t be going to any games.

The winning goal that wasn't.

By Unnamed Sauce (Bedduth Blue)26/8 21:50Mon Aug 26 21:50:22 2024In response to Re: Still think we have some good playersTop of thread

Views: 904

Not just me then. Officials surprisingly good as yet, overall but lino today bottled it a few times. I thought the ball hit the wheel-which was well inside the goal. And a few offsides he flagged were wildly out. It's a difficult rule to interpret sometimes.

Pity you've lost heart already. I will keep going. I love the transparency behind the scenes and seeing old faces in the crowd I've not seen for years. And tbh I've enjoyed quite a bit of the football. Two wins and a draw is the best Boro start at home I've seen for about ten years.

Attendance today beat several Conference North ones.

Re: The winning goal that wasn't.

By Greg (NBFC)27/8 13:43Tue Aug 27 13:43:18 2024In response to The winning goal that wasn't. Top of thread

Views: 910

It looked to me as though the ball was over the line. However, the photos seem to show that only about 90% of the ball had crossed the line.

By Wotnostrikers27/8 14:45Tue Aug 27 14:45:05 2024In response to Re: The winning goal that wasn't. Top of thread

Views: 676

Fair does but I would swear it was over from my position.

By Wotnostrikers26/8 22:19Mon Aug 26 22:19:02 2024In response to The winning goal that wasn't. Top of thread

Views: 882

Not having a home ground to play in is also killing it for me and I fear as the autumn and winter closes in the gates may begin to fall.
I sincerely hope the club goes from strength to strength and rises to a decent level with a home ground back in Nuneaton because even though today was a local derby watched by nearly 800 fans the atmosphere was desperate.

You went to the same stadium as me, though, right?

By Unnamed Sauce (Bedduth Blue)26/8 22:52Mon Aug 26 22:52:37 2024In response to Re: The winning goal that wasn't. Top of thread

Views: 861

Eastborough Way? Dire. Last four seasons. Silence, except for the jeers and one kid with a drum. And a few coked up teenagers. Away fans sang about Nuneaton Library.

It was a better atmosphere today than many I've endured in the Biscuit Tin.

However...if gates like this continue with a margin of 200+ set to break even..

Maybe you'll have your wish...

By bert's dad26/8 22:32Mon Aug 26 22:32:49 2024In response to Re: The winning goal that wasn't. Top of thread

Views: 862

I think Bedworth’s stand, changing rooms and bar are far better than those at Liberty Way. Parking is good with no pot holes, skips or secondhand cars.

By Snappycroc UTT (SnappyNBFCcroc)26/8 22:36Mon Aug 26 22:36:05 2024In response to Re: The winning goal that wasn't. Top of thread

Views: 854

Agreed

By Unnamed Sauce (Bedduth Blue)26/8 22:53Mon Aug 26 22:53:15 2024In response to Re: The winning goal that wasn't. Top of thread

Views: 833

Me too.

By Snappycroc UTT (SnappyNBFCcroc)26/8 22:22Mon Aug 26 22:22:54 2024In response to Re: The winning goal that wasn't. Top of thread

Views: 862

Well ok it’s either your club or lose it yes today wasn’t great but it’s still a club to support these people have worked so tirelessly to make this work for me I like the new set up

By bert's dad26/8 22:13Mon Aug 26 22:13:07 2024In response to The winning goal that wasn't. Top of thread

Views: 903

I think we are being a bit hard on the Boro/Town. It was a typical Boro performance - big crowd yet failed to win. On chances it could have been 7-3 to the Boro. We hit the woodwork 3 times, missed a sitter and had at least three cleared off the line. We were more mobile in the second half. Griff battled well and throw everything at the ball to keep us out.

There is a lack of fitness but that’s the level we are at. Also we don’t have a settled side and that showed today. How many get promoted? It won’t be an easy League but I think promotion is definitely achievable.

By Dougie827/8 13:34Tue Aug 27 13:34:35 2024In response to Re: The winning goal that wasn't. Top of thread

Views: 710

League winners and playoff winners.

By ntfcadam (nbfcadam)27/8 10:08Tue Aug 27 10:08:24 2024In response to Re: The winning goal that wasn't. Top of thread

Views: 767

Credit to Griff they came and made it a frustrating day for us, they seemed a very well set up and drilled side especially for a team with no budget (if that's still true?)

It was also nice to see ex boro youth lads Wassal and Edmunds in their XI. Thought their #6 looked a very solid centre half too.

By Atty Boro27/8 21:44Tue Aug 27 21:44:41 2024In response to Re: The winning goal that wasn't. Top of thread

Views: 592

Every game I see an opposing centre half better than Recci…gobsmacked he was given man of the match.

By Snappycroc UTT (SnappyNBFCcroc)27/8 22:18Tue Aug 27 22:18:06 2024In response to Re: The winning goal that wasn't. Top of thread

Views: 989

Was anyone deserving of a man of the match ?

By bert's dad28/8 07:20Wed Aug 28 07:20:11 2024In response to Re: The winning goal that wasn't. Top of thread

Views: 966

Baker looked quality as did Marsden (who seemed to have time on the bell and passed well). The front three seemed very slow. Some very bad defending at times - giving the ball away and failing to close down their goal scorer. Having said that we could have won 7-4 with better finishing by both sides.

By Pieman28/8 09:32Wed Aug 28 09:32:59 2024In response to Re: The winning goal that wasn't. Top of thread

Views: 633

Got To agree about lack of pace going forward. IMO we really missed Cody Mullen who makes good runs from midfield, and Harry Jackson who gives us lots of pace up front. Harry Jackson was injured, he was watching from the stand and was limping badly when walking about. Not sure about Cody Mullen, but assume he was injured or not available as was not included or on the subs bench. I hope to see these two are back in the team soon.
Another really tough game on Saturday against current top of the table Smethwick Rangers.

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)28/8 12:46Wed Aug 28 12:46:36 2024In response to Re: The winning goal that wasn't. Top of thread

Views: 494

Cody's partner expecting a baby

Harry

By Unnamed Sauce (Bedduth Blue)28/8 11:10Wed Aug 28 11:10:22 2024In response to Re: The winning goal that wasn't. Top of thread

Views: 468

I liked him before. Like what I've seen of him now. Direct. Pacy. Makes a difference.

By mark-nbfc28/8 10:59Wed Aug 28 10:59:25 2024In response to Re: The winning goal that wasn't. Top of thread

Views: 454

I saw a message the other day that said Mullan's partner was about to give birth or something like that so was not available.

---
Hope is not a plan.

By Gustavus27/8 10:39Tue Aug 27 10:39:18 2024In response to Re: The winning goal that wasn't. Top of thread

Views: 1372

Great credit to Griff. They tried to play football whereas at this stage we seem to have signed physically large players and welly the ball forward.

We could definitely use their number ten.

I thought as game went on Griff tired but they had put in a huge amount of effort and didn’t have the resources on the bench we did.

Couldn’t understand whey Johnson came on so late unless it’s a fitness issue. He actually looks like a footballer and controls the ball.

Bloke behind me in the stand went to use the toilet at HT and the Boro changing room window was open. Apparently the air was blue and all the players being called the C word. He was worried whether players would come out again second half after taking that!

Very sensible post

By Unnamed Sauce (Bedduth Blue)26/8 22:55Mon Aug 26 22:55:00 2024In response to Re: The winning goal that wasn't. Top of thread

Views: 899

Cant argue with any of that.

Re: Very sensible post

By almost average 227/8 06:22Tue Aug 27 06:22:29 2024In response to Very sensible postTop of thread

Views: 899

Having seen every game so far i feel we're about a third of a side short on being good enough to be promoted . It's early days yet and we're a brand new team but there will need to a few changes if we are to be promoted this season .
This is not meant as a criticism just how it looks to be .

3 people like this 3 people

Two other factors

By Unnamed Sauce (Bedduth Blue)27/8 09:45Tue Aug 27 09:45:30 2024In response to Re: Very sensible postTop of thread

Views: 780

1. adjusting to a different pitch type takes time . (This will make some of you laugh: I've played on that pitch). It takes some getting used to. And it played havoc with an old injuries. Anyone mainly used to playing and training on grass will find that the ball reacts differently on an artificial pitch. I suspect this is behind some of the overhits and missed passes.

2. Entirely new (and at present constantly changing) starting line-ups makes our play understandably disjointed at times. . No settled side, whatever the level, means that it takes time to adjust.. However: I can definitely see potential there and we have the nucleus of a decent side. Time will tell. But twenty minutes in, shouting "rubbish" isn't going to help. Some of us have played and then coached. Screaming drivel like that does not motivate players and clearly marks out the armchair punters who have never really participated: only watched.

2 people like this 2 people

Re: Two other factors

By Wotnostrikers27/8 14:51Tue Aug 27 14:51:45 2024In response to Two other factorsTop of thread

Views: 794

I can honestly say the worst I do is groan because shouting “rubbish “ especially at this level is totally unfair.
I will admit that I am struggling to watch these games but agree we should get better as the season progresses.

By Snappycroc UTT (SnappyNBFCcroc)27/8 21:31Tue Aug 27 21:31:27 2024In response to Re: Two other factorsTop of thread

Views: 626

Well on my way out of the oval I said to Doddsy it was shit he said yes I’m not happy at all that’s come from the joint gaffer 🙄

By Lord of the Manor28/8 09:20Wed Aug 28 09:20:46 2024In response to Re: Two other factorsTop of thread

Views: 491

And by the language coming out of the dressing room at half time, id second that .

( Note to staff )
Close all windows before bollocking players 😉

Re: Very sensible post

By Wotnostrikers27/8 09:03Tue Aug 27 09:03:25 2024In response to Re: Very sensible postTop of thread

Views: 825

Good insight and it is indeed early days but I do think promotion this season is vital.

Previous thread: Boro v Griff 50/50 result by boro4426/8 18:44Mon Aug 26 18:44:53 2024view thread