Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Um.. by almost average 2Yesterday 16:56Yesterday at 16:56:37view thread

Oldest article: Council statement by Shrewblue24/1 14:52Wed Jan 24 14:52:06 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Boro v Allexton & New parks 50/50 result by boro4417/9 22:47Tue Sep 17 22:47:37 2024view thread

No subject

By KC (KBoroughFC)16/9 09:59Mon Sep 16 09:59:23 2024

Views: 663

In response to the Nuneaton RFC committee's statement issued on September 4th regarding the "Stadium Update," I feel it’s important to present a balanced view of the situation to our members.

For those who attended the AGM earlier this year, you'll recall my stance on the future development opportunity which was first presented to the club three years ago. During the meeting, it was agreed that the new committee would engage with me to better understand the proposal, and it was made clear that regardless of the committee's position, the final decision would rest with NRFC members.

Shortly after the AGM, I reached out to the Chairperson to discuss how we could move forward. Despite several meetings, progress was lacking. I was then approached with a request for the club to use the stadium. I agreed, on the condition that a simple agreement be put in place given the ongoing development discussions. I proposed a concept for the agreement: a nominal rent of only £100 per year, with the club responsible for maintaining the pitch and stands, as well as covering electricity and rates.

Currently, the business rates for the stadium are £1,500 per month, as the previous tenant the Football Club was run as a business. However, since the Rugby Club operates as a non-business entity, it qualifies for discretionary relief, reducing the rates to around £600 per month. I engaged with the council, and they indicated that removing the old, derelict Football Social Club would further reduce the rates. This might even allow the stadium to be included under the same scheme as the Rugby Club.

These discussions began in June, during which I repeatedly suggested that NRFC working parties be organized to prepare the stadium for the upcoming season. Unfortunately, these suggestions were largely ignored. Despite the pitch being recently prepared for the season by ground staff instructed by myself, the Club's negative statement has now set this effort back.

I've made it clear that local rates have been covered by myself up to the end of September and that there would be no charge to NRFC for this period. I encouraged the committee to start the season at the stadium, in front of the club, to generate much-needed revenue. However, the committee has declined this opportunity.

The issue with the rates is straightforward: we need to get the derelict building removed. Maintenance costs are minimal—just mowing the grass and cleaning the stands. As for the claim of insufficient preparation time, the stadium has been available for nearly a year, and I have been encouraging action since June.

Last Saturday, the NRFC dining marquee was nearly empty, attendance was low, and I understand we only sold 20 meals. At the AGM, the committee (which largely consists of last year’s members) presented financials showing a deficit of £55,530.

It is obvious to all objective observers that a Club with Nuneaton RFC's illustrious history needs to be playing on the pitch adjacent to its Club House. The prestige and status of the Club is dependent on this instead of traipsing over to a field some distance away from the Club with no facilities. By not playing on the stadium pitch NRFC is losing significant sponsorship, hospitality and bar revenue.

My position remains unchanged—it's time for change.

Best regards,

Neil Robinson
Managing Director

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: No subject

By Boro boy16/9 11:25Mon Sep 16 11:25:56 2024In response to No subjectTop of thread

Views: 605

it been obvious that they dont want the football club back there, so all these people who hold onto that belief need a reality check

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)16/9 13:21Mon Sep 16 13:21:11 2024In response to Re: No subjectTop of thread

Views: 574

Wait and see if they can't get any other Tennant

By Dougie817/9 17:14Tue Sep 17 17:14:19 2024In response to Re: No subjectTop of thread

Views: 303

As I read it they desperately want some income from the ground. Every week and month it is empty it is costing them money.

By Gustavus17/9 18:52Tue Sep 17 18:52:32 2024In response to Re: No subjectTop of thread

Views: 300

Not sure how £1.92 per week was going to help them much in that regard!

DA Capital

By VS City (VS Boro)17/9 21:02Tue Sep 17 21:02:20 2024In response to Re: No subjectTop of thread

Views: 240

Remember them?

£245 profit for the year ending Dec 2023

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC613732/filing-history/MzQzNjIzNDA0NGFkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0

>>>> Former Nuneaton Boro fan <<<<

By Lord of the Manor16/9 13:49Mon Sep 16 13:49:51 2024In response to Re: No subjectTop of thread

Views: 582

So no club house of our own then ( demolished ) with maybe us paying rent to use there facilities, club house , pitch etc ....

Would we be any better off moving back or staying at Bedworth?

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)16/9 13:52Mon Sep 16 13:52:37 2024In response to Re: No subjectTop of thread

Views: 586

Wasn't saying we should go back just let's see what happens if they have no Tennant, personally would rather stay at Bedworth

2 people like this 2 people

By Boro boy16/9 15:14Mon Sep 16 15:14:06 2024In response to Re: No subjectTop of thread

Views: 587

the only way we should go back to liberty way is if we buy it off them, which again is unlikely. Id never go back as a tenant

4 people like this 4 people

Previous thread: Meanwhile back in the real world... by Unnamed Sauce17/9 16:26Tue Sep 17 16:26:10 2024view thread