Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Managers sign by Unnamed SauceToday 18:56Today at 18:56:43view thread

Oldest article: League Table by VS Griff26/1 09:10Fri Jan 26 09:10:17 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Managers sign

By almost average 2Yesterday 18:03Yesterday at 18:03:35

Views: 505

https://www.nuneatontownfc.co.uk/news/management-team-commit-to-the-club

reply to this article | return to the front page

3 people like this 3 people

Re: Managers sign

By ManorParkBlueYesterday 18:53Yesterday at 18:53:38In response to Managers signTop of thread

Views: 455

Personally…I find it a bit odd.

If they’ve been approached and they want to go, let them?

We are six months old. Why are we tieing ourselves to contracts with people.

A bit of panic I think.

Edited by ManorParkBlue at 18:53:49 on 23rd October 2024

By VS City (VS Boro)Today 11:19Today at 11:19:41In response to Re: Managers signTop of thread

Views: 191

I really don't get it at this level.

To be honest; I don't think it means much at most levels; IF they want to leave it's bloody hard to stop them.

A contract to me is warranted when
a) An asset is valuable and the club does not want them poached.
b) The asset knows they can't be moved on without compensation.

Im not sure how this "enables the board to concentrate all our efforts into our off-the-field plans".

I understand the view of supporters is positive. I wonder if the same will be said next (or even this) season if things are not as hoped/expected?

15 months ago (Jul 13; 2023) was the last time 2 managers were given lengthy contracts ;)
Both left within about 7 months.

>>>> Former Nuneaton Boro fan <<<<

Edited by VS Boro at 11:20:56 on 24th October 2024

1 person likes this 1 person

By LHToday 11:46Today at 11:46:03In response to Re: Managers signTop of thread

Views: 186

The thing I believe you need to factor in is that at Step 6, there are no players on contract, unlike Step 3 where most have signed season long deals.

Managers moving between clubs at Step 6 often means the core of the squad following them, and a massive change in the squad mid season would almost certainly write off the season.

The other thing to note is that a contract doesn't have to be overly onerous on either party - especially at Step 6!

4 people like this 4 people

By mark-nbfcToday 11:30Today at 11:30:26In response to Re: Managers signTop of thread

Views: 183

A is one of the reasons and outlined in the story.

it means that the managers and board have some security ( in theory) about what next few seasons are going to look like, and gives the board space to focus on other matters such as getting back to nuneaton in their spare time in between their main jobs.

The decision has to be made on what is known now, and not what might happen or what might be the feeling in the future surely?

---
Hope is not a plan.

2 people like this 2 people

By bert's dadToday 12:32Today at 12:32:13In response to Re: Managers signTop of thread

Views: 172

Managers often take players with them

By Lord of the ManorToday 03:42Today at 03:42:45In response to Re: Managers signTop of thread

Views: 282

+1 ..... Wouldn't want them to go but if they did it's thank you and we move on.
I'm sure given where we are now we'd have no problems finding another manager even from a higher league. It works both ways.

Edited by Lord of the Manor at 03:46:03 on 24th October 2024

By MJNBToday 09:40Today at 09:40:07In response to Re: Managers signTop of thread

Views: 219

Pretty much my thoughts too. If they didn't want to leave anyway, is a contract necessary?

Would they have gone if not offered contracts?

Anyway, I'll keep my thoughts to myself as I've not watched yet. But tying people to contracts has been our downfall too many times before. Hopefully it's not this time.

Credit to both for doing a good job so far anyway.

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)Today 10:18Today at 10:18:51In response to Re: Managers signTop of thread

Views: 207

How did we do after the likes of Carr, Phillips and Wilkin left, if you have good managers do whatever you can to keep them

By MJNBToday 14:21Today at 14:21:12In response to Re: Managers signTop of thread

Views: 138

Phillips got sacked…

By VS City (VS Boro)Today 15:18Today at 15:18:39In response to Re: Managers signTop of thread

Views: 128

Wilkins wasn’t contracted.

By bert's dadToday 12:30Today at 12:30:37In response to Re: Managers signTop of thread

Views: 153

We should have made Dixey manager after Carr left

By VS City (VS Boro)Today 11:22Today at 11:22:24In response to Re: Managers signTop of thread

Views: 178

That was at a totally different level. (4 or 5) and many other factors come into play.

Was it right to offer long term contracts about 15 months ago (at level 6)?

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)Yesterday 20:46Yesterday at 20:46:00In response to Re: Managers signTop of thread

Views: 355

Don't talk rubbish, we want to keep them

By bert's dadYesterday 18:55Yesterday at 18:55:23In response to Re: Managers signTop of thread

Views: 436

I think we are looking to the future. These two are doing a great job we need to keep them for 2-3 seasons.

5 people like this 5 people

By Lord of the ManorToday 09:15Today at 09:15:31In response to Re: Managers signTop of thread

Views: 217

Sorry if it's been asked, but how long is there contract ?

By MJNBToday 09:40Today at 09:40:53In response to Re: Managers signTop of thread

Views: 219

End of 2026/27 season so 2.5 years

By Lord of the ManorToday 10:58Today at 10:58:19In response to Re: Managers signTop of thread

Views: 168

Thanks 👍

By mark-nbfcToday 09:26Today at 09:26:05In response to Re: Managers signTop of thread

Views: 221

It says in the story lotm and the reasons why it was felt that a contract was needed.

---
Hope is not a plan.

By Lord of the ManorToday 10:58Today at 10:58:03In response to Re: Managers signTop of thread

Views: 194

So it did ....... My apologies for being a lazy twat and not reading it.
PS ... Iv also gave my reasons why I felt a contract wasn't necessary. You're free to read them if you wish.

By mark-nbfcToday 11:01Today at 11:01:00In response to Re: Managers signTop of thread

Views: 214

no problem.

ive read them. totally fine for people to have different perspectives about it.

---
Hope is not a plan.

By MJNBToday 14:22Today at 14:22:44In response to Re: Managers signTop of thread

Views: 147

Good point made at the end there Mark.

Shame others can’t respect that.

By Vernon SlainToday 08:30Today at 08:30:34In response to Re: Managers signTop of thread

Views: 231

My feeling too. I reckon also that the judgement so far from the power-that-be has been excellent.

Nuneaton Borough FC is dead—Killed by incompetence.

By almost average 2Today 17:36Today at 17:36:45In response to Re: Managers signTop of thread

Views: 89

My opinion is that the fact that were a new club means stability is important and this helps us build stability .
Some posters particularly on borochat have a wobble everytime we sign a new player , even if needed . Imagine if our managment due walked away after six months there would be a full melt down .

By Unnamed Sauce (Bedduth Blue)Today 18:56Today at 18:56:43In response to Re: Managers signTop of thread

Views: 23

I am more than happy with the players and management team we have and with those currently "running" the club. Something I have not been able to say for several years.

The last game of the old regime I saw was v. Hyde at the CBS. Enjoyable, but the writing was already on the wall then.

Sad that it had to come to this and to drop to this level is I suppose quite disappointing. But as that great Philosopher L. Daish once said-it " is what it is."

Never, in all the time I have been supporting various Boro-Towns, have I celebrated quite as many quality goals at an away ground like I did last Saturday.

Previous thread: Boro v Copsewood by Boropod22/10 19:45Tue Oct 22 19:45:45 2024view thread