Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Supporters Co-Op AGM notice - Weds 22nd May, 7… by mark-nbfcYesterday 16:58Yesterday at 16:58:05view thread

Oldest article: Cam McWilliams by MJNB8/1 21:11Mon Jan 8 21:11:02 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: King Kev could be first manager by Lord of the Manor1/4 09:34Mon Apr 1 09:34:27 2024view thread

Working at a well run club

By VS City (VS Boro)29/3 17:07Fri Mar 29 17:07:14 2024

Views: 1237

https://southern-football-league.co.uk/News/135663/BARWELL-GINNELLY-SMILING-AGAIN?fbclid=IwAR3OlCJ8eJtBEIz16Z_pqZlIRHT4pIoZm7uVnRVm-31Pv2udx0D8lRzR55M_aem_ARfuGp_LaAmj_4Z8X-pqVoVpHiBiW5uqhQGNmbnFB7C40HmYpl4B-NPOyzomwYpnAQInaJKpzABCWrBtPAqwQLU_

>>>> Former Nuneaton Boro fan <<<<

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Working at a well run club

By Armchair vulture29/3 22:00Fri Mar 29 22:00:19 2024In response to Working at a well run clubTop of thread

Views: 751

The hubris of this man is off the Richter scale- you simply couldn't make it up. The worst owner and manger in the history of Nuneaton Boro. I simply don't know how he sleeps at night.
And whatever he thinks he has done I can tell you one thing he certainly has and that is totally destroyed forever the love and affection I had for my home town football club I've followed for 45 years.

Edited by Armchair vulture at 22:17:21 on 29th March 2024

4 people like this 4 people

By uneaton burro ("THE ERASER")30/3 18:20Sat Mar 30 18:20:46 2024In response to Re: Working at a well run clubTop of thread

Views: 567

A man who is in denial....
A man who took over NB, and thought it was the only option for
the club's survival...
A man who's ego superseded his ability...
A man who's tenure, as soon as he installed himself,
made me stop watching the Boro.....

2 people like this 2 people

By VS City (VS Boro)30/3 18:27Sat Mar 30 18:27:56 2024In response to Re: Working at a well run clubTop of thread

Views: 541

I see Liam Castle was on the bench for Barwell today.

So a club with JG as manager with no fear of promotion/relegation has signed a 39, 36 and 36 year old.
If I was a Barwell player who got them mid-table I would be pretty pissed off.

1 person likes this 1 person

By Spurs and Verde (Spurs and Verde)29/3 17:17Fri Mar 29 17:17:58 2024In response to Working at a well run clubTop of thread

Views: 862

Good to see how much us keyboard warriors got to him

Talk about triggered and living rent free 😂😂

Retired Boro fan
Tottenham and Austin FC sufferer

By Lord of the Manor29/3 17:29Fri Mar 29 17:29:37 2024In response to Re: Working at a well run clubTop of thread

Views: 837

And not even a mention of non paid rent....just how good a manager he is

By VS City (VS Boro)29/3 17:40Fri Mar 29 17:40:05 2024In response to Re: Working at a well run clubTop of thread

Views: 819

Just pointing finger at people he probably brought to the club.

Other than volunteers was anyone at the club when he came?

By nil desperandum29/3 17:43Fri Mar 29 17:43:26 2024In response to Re: Working at a well run clubTop of thread

Views: 835

Inference that Boro' was not a well run club. Nothing to do with the owner/manager then!

I don't know how he sleeps at night.

By VS City (VS Boro)29/3 17:51Fri Mar 29 17:51:18 2024In response to Re: Working at a well run clubTop of thread

Views: 783

I saw a post of his today on Facebook

Wishing boro fans a happy Easter with a picture of a packed liberty way.
Sort of says everything.

By Spurs and Verde (Spurs and Verde)29/3 18:12Fri Mar 29 18:12:59 2024In response to Re: Working at a well run clubTop of thread

Views: 802

When we won 4-0 some would say should have scored 6

So those comments didn’t happen too many times in his tenure then ……………

Retired Boro fan
Tottenham and Austin FC sufferer

Edited by Spurs and Verde at 18:13:47 on 29th March 2024

By VS City (VS Boro)29/3 18:30Fri Mar 29 18:30:29 2024In response to Re: Working at a well run clubTop of thread

Views: 816

get a crowd of 700 and they would say that we should be pulling in 900.

get a crowd of 3563 and I would say that we there were over 5,000

By Boropod (BoroughPod)30/3 18:37Sat Mar 30 18:37:27 2024In response to Re: Working at a well run clubTop of thread

Views: 611

I doubt he is bothered by my keyboard warrior hatred of the lying useless cunt man.
I used to go Barwell 2-3 times a year as its local to me but won't be doing that ever again even when he leaves.
Doubt I'll be partaking in new boro either as I can't stand Bedworth and don't want to get my car damaged again by the young Nuneaton hating twats that infest he place.
There are still some of Ginnellys big mates on the new NT SG so that puts me off too.

Note to self, 'be careful what you wish for'

By Camp hill reserves (Camp hill reserves)31/3 12:42Sun Mar 31 12:42:41 2024In response to Re: Working at a well run clubTop of thread

Views: 643

In my experience so far of the NT SG the people involved , including myself have nothing but the interests of OUR football club front and centre .
real transparency , thoroughly professional what has been released so far . i have stood on the terraces , i understand people's shared scars and trepidations from repeated poor custodianship.
But all i would ask is you give us a chance and judge us on what we have delivered so far and deliver going forward ,rather than the repeated shit show that has gone before .

i have nothing but the best interests of the club and the supporters , this will always remain the case forever how long i'm involved .
the key objectives for me are getting a well managed ambitious team and sustainably financed that can stand on its own feet . coupled with bringing our football club back to nuneaton however difficult that my be .....i'm under no illusions how hard a task we have but given time yes its possible with the right foundations of management of the club

if i ever get the sense that our collective mantra changes , i simply would not be involved . i am always ready for a chat with any boro supporters good , bad or indifferent

there are some excellent people involved , please back us in our collective journey

have a great weekend
UTB💙🤍💙

Edited by Camp hill reserves at 12:43:29 on 31st March 2024

7 people like this 7 people

By Jebbs (Jebbsy)31/3 21:16Sun Mar 31 21:16:41 2024In response to Re: Working at a well run clubTop of thread

Views: 496

I would imagine many people reading that will see that a faceless, nameless man that's posting under an alias is saying he's somehow involved (but not said how) and has the best interests of the club.... fortunately the faceless, nameless man with the alias says he's always ready for that a chat...

By Camp hill reserves (Camp hill reserves)31/3 21:23Sun Mar 31 21:23:39 2024In response to Re: Working at a well run clubTop of thread

Views: 498

mark lacrouts ....thats me ;-)

3 people like this 3 people

By VS City (VS Boro)31/3 15:13Sun Mar 31 15:13:53 2024In response to Re: Working at a well run clubTop of thread

Views: 596

It's not going to be easy and many will criticise whatever.

There will also be constructive criticism/suggestions that should be listened to.

The bottom line is I have no doubt those making decisions will make them in good faith with informed and knowledgable understanding on why decisions have been made.

Those making them will not always agree, but collective responsibility is important.

Transparency is the key.

Edited by VS Boro at 15:16:17 on 31st March 2024

By almost average 229/3 17:42Fri Mar 29 17:42:20 2024In response to Re: Working at a well run clubTop of thread

Views: 839

He also has a dig at the managers who followed him for not taking Barwell on . Wasn't that Guy Hadland his current assistant .

By VS City (VS Boro)29/3 17:50Fri Mar 29 17:50:01 2024In response to Re: Working at a well run clubTop of thread

Views: 789

Yep and Ian King who has been snapped up by a club whose target is to get promoted.

Pretty sure barwell record since he left is only slightly worse than Boro’s

I am sure barwell board are happy with things - doubt they would really welcome promotion ….. perhaps that’s the reason they appointed JG 😜

Previous thread: Boro Ladies by StockingfordBrew31/3 20:30Sun Mar 31 20:30:15 2024view thread