Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Those were the days ...... by Surrey sYesterday 15:31Yesterday at 15:31:35view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: STFC COACH TRAVEL ... 2014/15 by Follow the Swans12/8/2014 15:08Tue Aug 12 15:08:23 2014view thread

Whitehawk Away !

By Andrew67 (legacy user)10/8/2014 09:52Sun Aug 10 09:52:53 2014

Views: 1705

Whitehawk F.C v Staines Town F.C 9/08/14 Vanarama Conference South
Posted on August 10, 2014
The wait was finally over,the new season is upon us. Hope,anticipation and excitement fills the air on the first Saturday of the season.

Having not managed an away win last season until January , the journey down to Whitehawk was seen to most as a bit of a hurdle, Whitehawk have had a cash injection, added a new manager in Steven King and several players who have Football league and high end non league experience. so a tough start for the swans .

Not the greatest of starts to the day, Wheatsheaf lane was being resurfaced and seeing as the club had no knowledge of this frantic phone calls were being made to arrange a new meet point at Staines & Laleham cricket ground. It wouldn’t be non league football without this sort of chaos.

When we visited the enclosed ground last January it was an evening fixture and if my memory serves me right it was cold most certainly dark and a touch wet.
Saturday’s visit was the complete opposite, sunny warm and blue sky. and who’d have known that you could actually see the sea from the top of their vast seating area behind the goal.
A pitch with a slope which im lead to believe is some 16 ft in difference from one end to the other, the ground not like the paying staff has not seen any improvements. All in all take away the 2000 seats and this club would struggle to get ground approval in the local sunday league (in my opinion)

TOO the game, Staines were dominant in all areas in the first half, Louie T converting a penalty after Sanchez Ming was brought down inside the box, And Louie T making it 2 – 0 in the 31st minute with a well executed strike across the keeper after good build up play.
The second half saw Whitehawk claw their way back into the game but Staines although looking tired towards the end held on for a well deserved away win .

First team débutantes Josh Ekim ,Joe Aribo and Merrick James Lewis acquitted themselves very well indeed .
My man of the match was Chris m’boungou , His 2nd half display was outstanding .

So back to wheatsheaf park on tuesday evening with hope that the road as been re surfaced and the team can carry on the excellent home form from last season

reply to this article | return to the front page

3 people like this 3 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

Previous thread: 7aside football by Dom Weir9/8/2014 12:11Sat Aug 9 12:11:58 2014view thread