Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Am I right in saying… by John Blair23/4 20:12Tue Apr 23 20:12:00 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Nicky Forster post-Hemel video interview by www.FootballExclusives.com4/3/2015 19:56Wed Mar 4 19:56:54 2015view thread

Where has it all gone wrong?

By Anonymous (legacy user)4/3/2015 08:04Wed Mar 4 08:04:43 2015In response to Where has it all gone wrong?

Views: 2047

The squad is nowhere near good enough at this level. Aside from the keeper there isn't anyone else who would command a regular place in another Conf South side. Possibly 1 or 2 who might be squad players eg Max Worsfold and Lodgey but other than that its pretty thin. Shakey at the back, not a lot of creativity in midfield and I'm afraid on the showing of the last few games absolutely nothing up front. The starting front 2 from last night wouldn't score 10 goals a season between them at this level.

You have to lay most of the blame at the feet of Mr Gayle and the Board. Marcus for assembling a squad this weak and the board for letting him do it. I've watched a number of homes games this season and was amazed by the lack of coaching and instruction from the dugout by the manager. Is it correct that they were training on the sand based astro at the Hockey club? If correct it just about says it all. He seemed unable to bring in any players even when Louie had gone to Farnborough and presumably had some budget freed up.

Personally I think the board should have stepped in a couple of months earlier and made a change to give a new man the chance to turn things around and throw the kitchen sink at it in an attempt to stay up.

Don't be fooled into thinking that there is a possibility of bouncing straight back. Have a look at the teams around the top of the Ryman Prem this season, Maidstone, Margate and Dulwich and the crowds they pull in every week!

Do Staines have the budget and ambition to compete at the top end of the Ryman League next season?

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Where has it all gone wrong? by Danswan4/3/2015 08:15Wed Mar 4 08:15:13 2015

Previous thread: Fixture Update ... by Follow the Swans3/3/2015 17:28Tue Mar 3 17:28:19 2015view thread