Return to front page

Newest article: Those were the days ...... by Arthur17/4 07:24Wed Apr 17 07:24:51 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Tiverton away by John Blair4/11/2018 20:09Sun Nov 4 20:09:37 2018view thread

Re: No news on the manager front?

By Devon Swan part deux26/10/2018 22:34Fri Oct 26 22:34:50 2018In response to Re: No news on the manager front?

Views: 1023

Personally, I think the new manager has the easiest job in the league. There is zero confidence among the players, little hope left among the supporters and he is not the miracle manager that the club needed. With little, to no hope left, that we will be able to get out of this mess he can’t actually fail and any point(s) that he does win will be a positive. It is also plainly obvious to everyone exactly what is needed to strengthen the team so he doesn’t have to spend trying to work out who to pick. He doesnt have to worry about finding new players as he will be aware that he does not have a player budget to work with. Hopefully, he will have already realised that playing 3 at the back and trying to pass out from the keeper is also not required at the moment. His only job will be to try and work out the best formation to play, with the players he has so that we can grind out a few points and try to restore a little confidence amongst the team.

The stark reality is the club is facing some very difficult times and may not exist at all in the future. There is little point trying blame anyone for the situation the club finds itself in. If, as I’m told, there is little chance the ground can be developed, then I suspect that everyone at the club is working as hard as they can to try and turn things around with a very small budget. As long as the club keep going I will be giving the team and manager my full support, although it’s probably a bit easier for me as I can only get to the games in the south west :)

All the best Robert! I hope you enjoy your time at the club. Whatever happens on and off the pitch, you will no doubt gain a huge amount of experience from your time as manager.

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person   

Previous thread: Non-League Day - My Visit by Dave16/10/2018 12:24Tue Oct 16 12:24:08 2018view thread