Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Am I right in saying… by John Blair23/4 20:12Tue Apr 23 20:12:00 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Another new manager by Norm27/11/2018 16:19Tue Nov 27 16:19:55 2018view thread

Re: Results Don’t Lie

By Kicked off!25/11/2018 20:39Sun Nov 25 20:39:00 2018In response to Results Don’t lie

Views: 1302

Up till now I have been content to be a passive follower of this forum, however, after the extraordinary events of the last 5-6 months I felt compelled to register and add my tuppence worth.
This season we have all watched helplessly from the sidelines (literally) while our club has been reduced to a laughing stock, on and off the pitch. The new owners have been proven incapable of carrying on the good work of the Boon family. The level of incompetence and naivety is truly staggering. Last season we had the makings of a team that with a few key additions would have been capable of challenging for the title, under the stewardship of a manager with a wealth of experience at this level. What do we have now? A team made up largely of youngsters with little or no senior experience at this level or above. It is no surprise to anyone therefore that we languish at the bottom of the table. The new manager, as anyone who has read his impressive cv will know, appears to be well connected and is doing his very best to get us out trouble. But, as with Christian, he is working with one hand tied behind his back. Results do not lie. Although it is only November, we are pretty much a certainty for relegation already – unless and it’s a very big unless - the owners give him a budget that will allow him to sign up- RIGHT NOW!- 3-4 senior players with experience at this level.
As most supporters will be aware, there have also been plenty of problems off the pitch, too many to mention here. Notably, we find ourselves in the farcical position of being a football club without a proper clubhouse to call our own. A situation which away supporters must scratch their heads at.
Unfortunately, there seems to be no improvement on the horizon and the club lurches from one disaster to another.
I truly hope I am proved wrong, that we stay up and the club begins to operate like a proper football club again. But I will not be holding my breath. I really do fear for the long term future of the club under the current owners. So much for their 10 year plan!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Results Don’t Lie by Beastman190026/11/2018 10:34Mon Nov 26 10:34:04 2018

Previous thread: Met Police by scouser25/11/2018 11:31Sun Nov 25 11:31:39 2018view thread