Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Those were the days ...... by ArthurToday 08:09Today at 08:09:15view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: My Thoughts by dillyswan29/4/2019 00:11Mon Apr 29 00:11:54 2019view thread

Re: What has actually gone wrong this season?

By Wakes24/4/2019 10:31Wed Apr 24 10:31:28 2019In response to Re: What has actually gone wrong this season?

Views: 1261

Without ruffling any feathers I would like to state a few true facts... When Matthew stood down in the summer, NOBODY was willing to take the club on except for Joe. Thurrock’s last ever game happened to be against us and because nobody came in to fund them, they chose to disband because a club at this level cannot sustain itself without a benefactor or another source of income to keep it competitive.

The fact of the matter is, had Joe not taken the club on, the alternative for us was to either wind the club down or merge with Staines Lammas and either face relegation down to the Combined counties league in 2 years or play there this season. The reason the club is relegated with just 12 points is quite simply because long term stability is more important than short term success. As stated, too many clubs at this level are built on sand with short term success wrongly given priority. What Joe has done is in fact what should have been done a long time ago in putting all the wrongs caused by the current landlords right. It was never in his original intention to purposely relegate the club, he has made mistakes which he admittedly holds his hands up to but when the CEO quit, half the budget was obviously pulled as well and with the club as good as relegated, he chose to save his money and concentrate on the legal battle which if won would put the club in a much better position even from when the last owner was in charge. I can clearly see why he is doing this, the question is why can’t anyone else? With all due respect, people who don’t come down anymore merely guess what’s going on without knowing true facts.

I will repeat this again. Joe has come in and saved a sinking ship and swapped short term success for long term stability. If justice is done in a court of law, the football club’s future will be secure.

Edited by Wakes at 10:34:05 on 24th April 2019
Edited by Wakes at 14:08:05 on 24th April 2019

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person   

Next article in this thread: Re: What has actually gone wrong this season? by Devon Swan part deux24/4/2019 12:25Wed Apr 24 12:25:29 2019

Previous thread: STFC Club Statement - A message from the Chairman by V W Swan24/4/2019 14:57Wed Apr 24 14:57:32 2019view thread