Return to front page

Newest article: Vacancies - Goalkeeper Coach & Physio by FlyingPiglet11/6 23:21Tue Jun 11 23:21:13 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Competitive football again by Arthur12/9/2020 23:07Sat Sep 12 23:07:04 2020view thread

Re: THE REAL PROBLEM AT STAINES

By DevonSwan2/2/2020 10:57Sun Feb 2 10:57:38 2020In response to Re: THE REAL PROBLEM AT STAINES

Views: 2631

A great post Arthur and a very interesting comparison with Maidenhead United. I was actually borne in Miadenhead and lived there for the first 12 years of my life before moving to Staines. I was taken to Maidenhead as a youngster by my Dad and have many happy memories of York Road. On moving to Staines I adopted the Swans, whereas my brother's allegiance has always remained with the Magpies. The support base has always been very similar and if you were to ask my brother 10 years ago which team would be the more likely to progress to the National League then he would have said the Swans. I have heard people say that it is almost impossible to build a big support base at Wheatsheaf Park yet Maidenhead have increased their attendances from an average of around 250 to over 1,000; so it can be done.
Returning to our current plight I cannot disagree with anything you say. I have tried to support what Joe is doing because we have no alternative and I appreciate the position he is in; but like you I am getting increasingly frustrated by the lack of communication. I know Joe is a busy man but it would only take a few minutes to put together some sort of update for the fans, even on a monthly basis. There is nothing worse than not knowing what is going on.
We now head into a game with Northwood which is our biggest game of the season, and could be one of the most important in our history. They have now lost 10 games on the spin so if we lose that game I find it very hard to see us finishing anything better than bottom of the League. I have heard it said by at least one member of the Club that if we finish bottom the Club will no longer exist, implying that Joe will pull the plug if we go down another level. Dont know if that is true but it is a frightening prospect.
I try to remain positive but is is becoming increasingly difficult. I doubt that Joe ever reads the forum but if he does I can only ask him to communicate with us because most of us are on his side and we are desperately trying to keep things going, hoping that there will be a brighter future.

COME ON YOU SWANS!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: I don’t get this forum.... by Yellow Swan10/6/2020 00:35Wed Jun 10 00:35:56 2020view thread