Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Am I right in saying… by John Blair23/4 20:12Tue Apr 23 20:12:00 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Paul Barnes appointed Head Coach by V W Swan29/2/2020 09:58Sat Feb 29 09:58:02 2020view thread

Re: Supporting a football club is a bit like having children

By Arthur25/2/2020 23:08Tue Feb 25 23:08:08 2020In response to Re: Supporting a football club is a bit like having children

Views: 778

The mother of Dennis Nielsen, a serial killer, said of her son "I may not like him nor what he has done, but I will always love him". I feel the same about my team. Tonight it looked as if the only suitable manager for us should be Bertram Mills. I played a bit - and was taught from schoolboy, when you have the ball you should expect at least 2 shouts from team mates around. This gave you a choice of simple passes. If you are calling for the ball (making the shout) you should be on the move, not static. Tonight, in a very sparse crowd, you could see and hear no one calling for the ball. The goalkeeper made two glaring errors. The first was for the goal. He had a clear vision and should have e called for the defender to clear the ball, or to head the ball back. There was no call, and he was in no mans land between the six yard box and penalty spot ..... He also gave a short goal kick to a player with an opponent all over his back and shouted at that player for losing the ball. I hate to single out players, but a goalkeeping mistake is always the one that cannot be rectified. The truth is that it was a very poor performance in a game that should have been there for the taking. I certainly do not like what I am currently watching, but I love this team and always will. COYS

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: Promise by Arthur19/2/2020 19:47Wed Feb 19 19:47:49 2020view thread