Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Those were the days ...... by ArthurToday 08:09Today at 08:09:15view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: THE REAL PROBLEM AT STAINES by Cherseyboy6412/1/2020 23:02Sun Jan 12 23:02:19 2020view thread

Re: I don’t get this forum....

By Arthur10/6/2020 20:25Wed Jun 10 20:25:33 2020In response to Re: I don’t get this forum....

Views: 1137

The sentiments are 100%. correct. We need to thank Joe. Firstly for the excellent presentations. I think that he has presented a first class case that merits a response from the Thames Club and from Mr Lewis. However, we also need thank him for his offer to purchase the freehold land at a third party valuation; then to give the football club a 999 year lease. I don't think I will be around when that lease expires. We need to keep chasing our councillors and our Mp on a consistent basis, not just now while we have the fire in our belly, but over the next months/years to keep them all focussed on the fact that our town needs its football team, our team, and that the team is worthy to represent the town. I will be doing my bit. Kwasi may become my BFF. I did give him a Staines Town FC biro last time I met him. We meet quite regularly to discuss contaminated blood and its impact on me personally and my family since we were given contaminated blood in 1981. I also need to talk to him about the Horizon Post Office system on behalf of the postmaster where I worked post retirement; and now I need to meet him about my football team. He'll be sending me birthday cards soon!! We must all keep contacting him. We need to keep on at the Council. Sadly they have their own problems right now, but we, as supporters need to make sure that they have the best interests of the football club in their minds all the time. thirdly, by our consistency we must make sure that the Thames Club are aware that the football club is important to the Borough, it is important to the supporters, and that it is important to each of us as individuals. No matter what underhand tactics they employ, there is nothing that they can do to stop us watching our team, your team, my team. Let us start taking the issue forward as individuals and as a collective to ensure Wheatsheaf Park is the home of our team. Thank you Joe for fighting for us. The club was there before us (not even I was around in 1892!) and the club will be there after us. Let us leave the legacy of a successful club. COYS

reply to this article | return to the front page

2 people like this 2 people   

Previous thread: Tuesday 15-Sep vs Corinthian Casuals(A) by V W Swan13/9/2020 17:19Sun Sep 13 17:19:56 2020view thread