Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Am I right in saying… by John Blair23/4 20:12Tue Apr 23 20:12:00 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Hanwell Town roll call.... by Yellow Swan9/10/2020 00:04Fri Oct 9 00:04:05 2020view thread

Re: Referees

By Arthur7/10/2020 07:15Wed Oct 7 07:15:13 2020In response to Re: Referees

Views: 660

I'm not sure why Temi was singled out for "kicking the ball away" as a response to a disgraceful handball given against him. Throughout the game players of both sides were throwing the ball behinf=d them at throw ons and free kicks. In fact, in there second Balfour keeper had placed the ball ro take a free kick given for offside. The Hetford centre forward came from behind our keeper and kicked the ball away, in front of the linesman and referee, stopping the taking of our free kick. It went unpunished. Then we had the most magical moment of the match ....... the twice taken free kick. The referee placed the ball and was trying to ensure distancing etc. The Hertford full back saw an opportunity to try and catch the Swans out by taking the free kick quickly. He missed the target. The referee called for the kick to be retaken ...... as he had not signalled for play to recommence. I realise this nullifies the advantage of gaining a free kick for an infringement against your side. However, in this instance, if the player has kicked the ball some 25 yards from where the referee had placed the ball, before the referee has indicated recommencement of play, is the player not "kicking the ball away?" I thought I was old and maybe close to memory lapses ..... but referees, somebody must love them. Play on Temi - we still love you!!!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: Geoffrey Okonkwo by Arthur4/10/2020 08:45Sun Oct 4 08:45:56 2020view thread