Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Am I right in saying… by John Blair23/4 20:12Tue Apr 23 20:12:00 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Jacob Adams by John Blair12/2/2021 21:54Fri Feb 12 21:54:26 2021view thread

Re: Arthur

By Arthur10/2/2021 22:41Wed Feb 10 22:41:42 2021In response to Re: Arthur

Views: 968

This is a very good resume. However, I think I need to stress here this is not a Boon versus current ownership thread. Those who would try yo turn Wheatsheaf Park into tennis courts, initially and ultimately residential developments want to see disunity and disharmony amongst us. As far as I know, Joe Dixon's offer for the freehold is still on the table. The future of the club, within the town is dependent upon existing use for the land. We can see that the flooding in Guildford Street, just down the road shows that the drainage systems in the borough are under strain from the increasing propensity to flooding in the area. We need to get this message out to the inhabitants of the borough and more importantly to the councillors and the planning people. Supporting Joe is the only way forward. Like Alan, he has put a lot of his own money into the running of the club. The funding from gate receipts and boost the budget is clearly not enough to fund the squads we have to be competitive in our league. There are questions about where the money went from the redevelopment of the ground and the sale of the freehold went. The Directors of the companies involved with that have the answers. We can't check with Alan, and none of us would speak ill of the dead anyway. However, our job is to keep presenting a united front to the Thames Club and to Downings to show that we still all want to see football at Wheatsheaf Park. The offer of a fair value for the existing use of the property to a company that has yet to make a profit and give a return to its stakeholders seems to be a no brainer - unless the control of the Thames Club is not within the realms of its shareholders; but the control is with a third party company!! As fans we need to be; for this time, as one. Come on you Swans - come on United .......

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Arthur by Surreysage10/2/2021 14:40Wed Feb 10 14:40:55 2021

Previous thread: STFC Online Content by STFC_Media11/2/2021 18:50Thu Feb 11 18:50:29 2021view thread