Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Am I right in saying… by John Blair23/4 20:12Tue Apr 23 20:12:00 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Sadly the inevitable gets closer ........ by Arthur19/2/2021 08:42Fri Feb 19 08:42:02 2021view thread

Re: 15TH DECEMBER 2000 THE DAY THE BOONS SIGNED AWAY OUR CLUB.

By Arthur19/2/2021 00:16Fri Feb 19 00:16:40 2021In response to Re: 15TH DECEMBER 2000 THE DAY THE BOONS SIGNED AWAY OUR CLUB.

Views: 678

I t seems to me that you are holding a kangaroo court and finding the Boon's guilty - and basing this on comments I made to someone inquiring after my well been. If you want to look at this rationally, the Boon's at various times in their tenure (they were both Chairs of the club) were in a position to sign documents on behalf of the club. The fact that during this period the freehold of Wheatsheaf Park was last to the club happened is a matter of fact. whether this was a deliberate decision or because some very clever business people worded contracts to that effect is for people to think about. The financial implications of those decisions are unknown. Alan is not here to answer. None of this takes away what happened. The real relevance for the future of the club is can we purchase that freehold at the commercial value offered. Those poor innocents of the Thames Club really need to explain where their profits are going to come from. Sadly for them 2020 has been a disastrous year for them; and 2021 has not started too well - both for circumstances beyond their control. However their financial track record from inception to date has been less than impressive. They have yet to give a return to any investors and are extremely unlikely to do so in the foreseeable future. From my business experience with FTSE top 10 companies, you would have thought the Thames Club would like to give themselves a cash injection to try and rescue their business. There would be no merit in hanging on to freehold in a flood plain, worsening almost certainly due to the change in climate in the UK generally and Staines more specifically. To develop there a developer would have to make a large investment to "protect" properties from floodwater, whilst paying the council to upgrade the underlying drainage problems associated with new developments. MP's are increasingly asking questions of Government for financial support because domestic housing developments have overloaded the infrastructure causing major flood problems to whole towns and areas. The threat to an important part of the community of Staines (the football club is only echoing similar projects designed to destroy local communities, such as a pub in Eltham - the link is there.

Nevertheless we have to look at the future of our club. Trying to bang on about the Boon's will not rectify the existing problem. Contrary to David Cameron, and laterly Donald, we cannot rewrite history, however distasteful. We have to accept where we are and all push to improve the future.

PS Real fans can make posts out of working hours and on seven days a week. Take care. Back the offer for the freehold COYS

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: 15TH DECEMBER 2000 THE DAY THE BOONS SIGNED AWAY OUR CLUB. by southstreetswan16/2/2021 15:29Tue Feb 16 15:29:47 2021

Previous thread: Jacob Adams by John Blair12/2/2021 21:54Fri Feb 12 21:54:26 2021view thread