Return to front page

Newest article: Wheatsheaf Park by GrahamBeeToday 08:35Today at 08:35:24view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: What's missing? by Arthur12/5/2021 09:22Wed May 12 09:22:53 2021view thread

Mum's the word

By Arthur4/5/2021 21:42Tue May 4 21:42:43 2021

Views: 872

I thought the lack of comment on here over the weekend was to empathise with those complaining about the abuse given on social messaging. I am now beginning to think it may be apathy. Firstly we have a new manager and we should be getting behind him. He has a non-league background, latterly as a scout for Slough Town. This should mean he has seen a lot of football and players who can compete at the level where we are playing. Let's get behind him hoping that he can give us competitive football for the coming season.

Secondly our supporters club Chairman has sadly had to stand down for personal reasons. The value of his tenure over the period from the end of the Boon years and the move to our new ownership period cannot be valued. He should be receiving great plaudits for the skill and dexterity in keeping open a dialogue between Board and supporters, when many of us have been critical about accepting the change. I accept I am one who may have been over critical at times. However the Supporters Club Chairman has quietly and efficiently gone about his business keeping all lines of communication open. He has been a significant part of the fund raising activities whereby the supporters club have given, and are giving, financial help to the club. Surely both us as supporters, and the football club should be giving some permanent recognition of his work.

PS |also think John has done a sterling job for the supporters club, but hopefully, for a man in his late 20's, he is not considering retiring just yet!!

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person   

Next article in this thread: Re: Mum's the word by Yellow Swan5/5/2021 16:33Wed May 5 16:33:37 2021

Previous thread: Dave Norris Departs... by Yellow Swan5/5/2021 16:28Wed May 5 16:28:04 2021view thread