Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Am I right in saying… by John Blair23/4 20:12Tue Apr 23 20:12:00 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Elvis? by Arthur19/9/2021 09:33Sun Sep 19 09:33:25 2021view thread

Re: Saturday

By Wakes15/9/2021 21:30Wed Sep 15 21:30:25 2021In response to Re: Saturday

Views: 811

I see where you’re coming from now Arthur, I too find it an incredible come down from a club once pushing for promotion to the National league and dumping 2 Football league clubs out of the FA cup in 4 amazing cup runs. How the hell has that been allowed to happen?

Your answer lies with the Thames Club all day long.

The current owner have totally pissed on STFC ever since Alan Boon sadly left us. That was when the corruption began. Alarm bells should have been ringing when the function hall was turned into a dance studio literately robbing the club of holding any events, then the kitchen was closed and the bar made smaller, bit by bit they took more and more and nothing was ever done to challenge it. Total corruption, they never gave a flying fuck about STFC, all they did was take and never gave.

Initially I don’t blame Joe for trying to stand up to them but ultimately it was the wrong thing to do as you can’t win against big money and we were made to suffer for it even worse. This led to the board room being turned into a pole dancing studio and the bar being completely closed down on match days. The Thames club have quite literally murderd STFC and left them to rot because all they care about is making money, they quite literally have been the landlords from hell

We will be playing combined counties football next season, period. I suggest we all get used to this fact and just come along to games to meet up with friends and to escape the misses for a couple of hours cos that’s what it now is. If a new backer cannot be found to rebuild the club then I would suggest a merger of some kind. Ashford Town and Spelthorne Sports are now the senior clubs in this borough and I would suggest an approach of some kind to be made, however with nothing to offer I can see this idea falling flat on its face. I think we will hold our own in Combined counties premier with our superior history and stadium facilities setting us apart from other clubs at this level.

We will be the biggest club the combined counties has seen since AFC Wimbledon, get used to it cos it’s happening barring a miracle…

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

Next article in this thread: Re: Saturday by southstreetswan15/9/2021 22:18Wed Sep 15 22:18:24 2021

Previous thread: oops by Arthur12/9/2021 09:17Sun Sep 12 09:17:16 2021view thread