Return to front page

Newest article: S&L(M)FC - Pre-season Friendlies for the 2024/25 C… by FlyingPiglet12/5 07:28Sun May 12 07:28:12 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Guernsey fixture dates by John Blair13/11/2021 09:10Sat Nov 13 09:10:06 2021view thread

Re: Last Night

By Arthur4/11/2021 13:11Thu Nov 4 13:11:48 2021In response to Re: Last Night

Views: 665

Dear Norm,

You need to lighten up and face reality. You seem to understand about investments and you always seem to look favourably on the Thames Club. I have certainly not finished. on this situation and have recently sent out my latest efforts to correct post misdemeanours I will start bt saying that I believe membership of the Thames Club is circa £40 per month and Pure Gym circa £13 per month. Which gym to people choose to go to? the advbantage of the Thames Club is that they have a pool. Is that worth £27 per month to punters? Secondly, investors always (?) check where they are putting their money. Investors in the Thames Club (see their 2015) accounts put money into the Thames Club to ensure that it remains a going concern. They had never made an operating profit in their existence and still have not made a profit. In fact (sorry tis is accounting) they have not bothered to carry forward losses to offset future profits, thereby reducing tax liabilities. Presumably this is because they don't expect to make profits. What is the attraction for an investor? They have had to further write down the value of the freehold (existing use) in this year's accounts. The only benefit I can see is if they can sell the freehold for development ....... lease break in the near future. However, since 2015 the increasing impact of global warming has put that in doubt because of the increased flooding in the area and the fact that the drainage system can't cope with the current output of properties in the area. It seems investors should be questioning their returns. They may even be asked for more money looking at the latest accounts .......... The only way our club can be saved is if the current owners can buy the freehold ...... and you are trying to give him a kicking!! Think, lighten up, and ...................

Paddy and Mick came up with a plan to kidnap Mother Teresa and hold her to ransom. Paddy was worried about how long the prison sentence would be if they got caught but was reassured when Mick told him they’d be fine because it’s a case of no offence, nun taken.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: Man of the Match v Brightlingsea Regent 02/11/21 by John Blair5/11/2021 14:31Fri Nov 5 14:31:08 2021view thread