Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Those were the days ...... by ArthurYesterday 08:09Yesterday at 08:09:15view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: First game of a new era at Wheatsheaf Park by allen b24/10/2023 16:46Tue Oct 24 16:46:12 2023view thread

Re: Tonight’s council meeti

By Arthur25/9/2023 08:46Mon Sep 25 08:46:27 2023In response to Re: Tonight’s council meeti

Views: 1288

I understand the Thames Club is a fairly good gym, as gym's go. However, financially it has been a disaster from the outset and has hardly ever turned in a profit.. It has continually required incresed funding. Its main asset is the freehold of Wheatsheaf Park. For a time it was envisaged selling the freehold for residential or commercial development. Commercial development would be a "red rag" to local residents and not feasible. Residential development is not acceptable because of the already overloaded Victorian sewerage system. An opportunity seems to have arisen in the shape of Brentford. The removal of the section 106 clause, insisted on by Alan Boon, would leave a path open to sell the freehold to Brentford.

The independent council officials who are supposed to advise councillors clearly wanted the repeal of 106 to go through. They argued that Staines Town Football Club and the Limited company are one and the same. They are not. The limited Company was formed in 2008, well after the agreement. The alternative council view was that the football club no longer exist. This is ironic as, I am told, there was a meeting between the football club and the council one week before the planning meeting. At the end of the meeting officers informed the Thames Club they could appeal the decision to the Minister. This is worrying as the council is in dispute with the Minister with regards to planning for new homes in the Borough.

the football club wantt to play football at their spiritual home. They are caught up in local politics and corporate greed. Some people cannot accept that in business you can make bad deals which cost you money.

Hey ho, Happy days. I was in the paper shop the other day. A lady said to me "Are those thick lens glasses you are wearing?" "No" I said, they're mine!"

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: Staines Town AFC (Phoenix Club) by GrahamBee31/7/2023 21:47Mon Jul 31 21:47:29 2023view thread