Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Am I right in saying… by John Blair23/4 20:12Tue Apr 23 20:12:00 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: STFC Accounts by Surreysage6/10/2021 22:40Wed Oct 6 22:40:42 2021view thread

Re: Manager Sacked ?

By Arthur6/10/2021 08:43Wed Oct 6 08:43:16 2021In response to Re: Manager Sacked ?

Views: 1075

We are all getting very negative on here with destructive criticism aimed at one man. Let's remember Joe was one of four who invested into Staines Town when Matthew put the club up for sale. It is arguablyle that had no buyers come forward the club would already have folded. Some rash promises were made - and I am not sure that Joe made the assertions about football league status. As 3 of the investors saw that the return on their investments was not going to be short term, it was Joe who took on their shareholdings as they left the club. This put Joe as the major shareholder (I believe Matthew still is a shareholder). Joe has spent a lot of money on the fight to get long term tenure at Wheatsheaf Park - a freehold that was "spirited" away from the club to the Thames Club for no consideration to the club. Those legal funds spent by Joe could otherwise have been investments in the team. Joe has made some bad decisions - but nobody (not even me!!!) is perfect. All we seem to be doing is asking someone to have elastic pockets and spend more and more o the club as we, not he, see fit for the best use of his money.
Should we follow the Leyton Orient route, where the shares were "gifted:" to the supporters club. At that point, the Orient were in play off places to the Championship. The stewardship of the supporters (lack of funds) led to the club dropping into the National League. They recouped and, with the "self funding model" are now in play off places in League Two. The team had to drop levels ........ Or should we follow the Burnley model of shares being offered to the supporters. Here we must remember those shares would have rights; and also obligations. The shareholders would have to meet the investments in the team proportionately to their shareholdings. Should we just get a new investor. Who, a Russian oligarch, a Middle Eastern Sheikh? Who would want to put money into a club where the supporters are always wingeing (I don't exempt myself from this) and telling the investor how to spend their money.

I will still come to watch a team including ...... any notable person you can name at the club ...... providing they wear yellow and blue

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Manager Sacked ? by Stainesloyal6/10/2021 09:03Wed Oct 6 09:03:35 2021

Previous thread: Game OFF - Staines v Basingstoke 28/09 by John Blair27/9/2021 14:59Mon Sep 27 14:59:04 2021view thread