Return to front page

Newest article: Re: New season new venues by Arthur29/5 21:22Wed May 29 21:22:51 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Vote for Jacob Adams by V W Swan31/5/2020 17:00Sun May 31 17:00:43 2020view thread

Re: Good news

By Arthur19/5/2020 12:40Tue May 19 12:40:53 2020In response to Good news

Views: 799

I am pleased that this has interrupted the conversations between two senior citizens somewhat akin to the last of the Summer wine. I will gladly speak to "Norm" when we return to normal and meet again at Wheatsheaf Park. I welcome the return to the "old badge" and our traditional colours. However, it does beg the question about why we changed in the first place; what did it cost the club to change and how much will it cost the club to revert. This is all money that could and should have been spent on the quality of playing staff to ensure we remain competitive on the field of play. The "pie in the sky" dreams of football league and kits befitting higher status should be shelved until we need to think about those things. Right now we need to think about getting back to the Isthmian League Premier division and being able to compete at that level. Once that is established we should start thinking about National League South and maintaining a position in that league. That may well be a 10 year plan ..... If we do it faster we can all shout Hallelujah. However we need to be realistic in our plans. National League South will mean a much bigger wage bill (probably twice the current bill| - maybe more) which means increased attendances from our own environment (there will be an increase from the away teams). We will certainly need more advertising/ sponsorship income and to ensure that we at least maintain, if not improve our ground facilities. This needs close cooperation between the club; the fans and our community. It needs input from us all, and the rewards of better quality football are there for us and one succeeding generations. I am glad about the announcement about the badge and kit ..... but what was the original change all about. Answers please.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Good news by Surreysage19/5/2020 14:45Tue May 19 14:45:55 2020

Previous thread: New Kit Release by Danswan_12126/5/2020 15:31Tue May 26 15:31:07 2020view thread