Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Those were the days ...... by Arthur4/5 08:09Sat May 4 08:09:15 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: '' march madness'' by Andrew678/3/2014 19:54Sat Mar 8 19:54:40 2014view thread

''the gaffer''

By Andrew67 (legacy user)8/3/2014 20:38Sat Mar 8 20:38:52 2014

Views: 2347

Having just read Marcus Gayle's remarks on the get surrey website I must say I totally agree.
here's a couple of quotes :
MY COMMENTS IN BRACKETS FOR WHAT THERE WORTH

Gayle was referring to one or two comments from the stand as the players walked off at half time and he said: "People in the crowd are entitled to their opinions but they were telling us to put a side out who can play football. I said 'hey go somewhere else then'. If they are not happy then they should change their environment and go somewhere else.

(AS football fans we are all entitled to an opinion but surely we must all stick together and be careful what we wish for...)

"This is a young development club. Everybody seems to be the expert who knows about football but as I keep saying, this club punches above its weight.

( this is a point I made some weeks ago , and Im a new fan)

"This is the second game we've lost at home, that's all. Yes it was 3-0, it was disgusting and we are bitterly disappointed because the tempo was well below par and they didn't show us anything. We looked like we were too nervous to play on our pitch. We didn't get honesty from the players.

IN MY OPINION AN HONEST AND HUMBLE REACTION FROM THE GAFFER .

Get behind the club .. booing helps nobody ...

keep the faith SWANS

AND DONT FORGET
''ITS ALL SWINGS AND ROUNDABOUTS''

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: ''the gaffer''

By Follow the Swans (legacy user)8/3/2014 22:51Sat Mar 8 22:51:40 2014In response to ''the gaffer''Top of thread

Views: 2273

I thought the booing was for the ref not getting on top of the game, time wasting etc. I think we all were frustrated being back at WP after the floods, sunshine, basement opponents and a spirited performance at Dorchester. Not sure what else we can say really ...

FOLLOW THE SWANS

By Danswan (legacy user)8/3/2014 20:47Sat Mar 8 20:47:15 2014In response to ''the gaffer''Top of thread

Views: 2320

I'm actually disappointed at his reaction. He played an under strength team with 2 first team players on the bench (logey and Stephane) I also think It was stubbornness in reaction to fans comments that no changes were made at half time. Anyone that paid £12 for that dross is entitled to say what they want and after that I imagine some people may go elsewhere.

Danswan-"Attendance is nothing"

3 people like this 3 people   

Respect

By Anonymous (legacy user)9/3/2014 11:48Sun Mar 9 11:48:24 2014In response to Re: ''the gaffer''Top of thread

Views: 2258

No fans - no club!

Staines 'Boon' Town Football Club.

By SAGE (legacy user)9/3/2014 11:01Sun Mar 9 11:01:43 2014In response to Re: ''the gaffer''Top of thread

Views: 2281

Yes a bad day yesterday-very frustrating for all the fans - we all expected to see the team build on the strong start to the season and at least give a good account of themselves against the weaker teams. I appreciate that not alot of games have been played over the last couple of months but in the ones that have been played we do not look to have progressed . We have a young(ish) squad,however,this is the second season that the nucleus of the team have been together.Its worrying that two of the newly promoted teams have now done the double over us -not an encouraging sign.

Good luck on Tuesday we need the points.

Best wishes to all
Norm

Sage

Gosport

By Roger (legacy user)8/3/2014 21:38Sat Mar 8 21:38:34 2014In response to Re: ''the gaffer''Top of thread

Views: 2327

Agree it was a disappointing game and we did not get going today. I am hoping for a response on Tuesday against Hayes.

Fans are entitled to their views . Let's move on now and focus on the next game. Things can only get better can't they!

See you all Tuesday

Previous thread: Hayes and Yeading and Woking! by Marlowboy8/3/2014 20:47Sat Mar 8 20:47:57 2014view thread