Return to front page

Newest article: Re: FA Vase 2024/25 season by John Blair20/9 19:56Fri Sep 20 19:56:25 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Club Unity by Andrew6723/9/2014 18:37Tue Sep 23 18:37:19 2014view thread

Farnborough

By Andrew67 (legacy user)21/9/2014 13:43Sun Sep 21 13:43:31 2014

Views: 2092

So I cant comment on events at Wheatsheaf Park yesterday , because I wasn't there.
Having read some comments on social media it seems if it wasn't for Jack turner it could have been a lot worse?
Somethings clearly not right within the squad.

Brief rest bite next week , but with confidence seemingly very low the visit of Leverstock Green shouldn't be taken lightly.

Thoughts on what's going wrong after yesterday ? or is everyone to traumatised to comment :)

reply to this article | return to the front page

3 people like this 3 people   4 people dislike this 4 people

Silence is not so 'golden'!

By Anonymous (legacy user)21/9/2014 21:20Sun Sep 21 21:20:55 2014In response to Farnborough Top of thread

Views: 1939

There is no atmosphere at Wheatsheaf Park any more, last seasons vocal support appeared to greatly boost team spirit, the noisy fans in the stand have since dispersed for some reason or other!

Staines 'Boon' Town Football Club.

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

Silence

By Ben (legacy user)22/9/2014 00:30Mon Sep 22 00:30:45 2014In response to Silence is not so 'golden'!Top of thread

Views: 1978

Sorry. I realised I was being unfair.

Re: Silence is not so 'golden'!

By Danswan (legacy user)21/9/2014 23:37Sun Sep 21 23:37:47 2014In response to Silence is not so 'golden'!Top of thread

Views: 1970

Us going 5 at the back turned the game , showed we were not confident and as soon as big Spence saw that he went 3 at the back and pushed right up the pitch ! All was going alright until that tactical blooper. Afraid it seems people have been completely put off creating an atmosphere due to fragile relationships with the club. Seems there is no link between fans and the club and as per usual it's the fans that suffer. Farnborough easily had half the crowd yesterday which is a total embarrassment considering it is a local derby , but what will the club do... Nothing.

Danswan-"Attendance is nothing"

4 people like this 4 people   

By VW Swan (legacy user)22/9/2014 12:39Mon Sep 22 12:39:24 2014In response to Re: Silence is not so 'golden'!Top of thread

Views: 1888

So where is it all going wrong - although we had a local derby (and Farnboro fans made up probably half the gate) we also had the lowest crowd in the conference south on Saturday!

By Dom weir (legacy user)22/9/2014 19:11Mon Sep 22 19:11:20 2014In response to Re: Silence is not so 'golden'!Top of thread

Views: 1875

We just aren't good enough are we? Realistically we just aren't. People cannot pin point what is going wrong but the team isn't good enough as it stands. To me, the team are getting bullied in games and why are we so defensive? Each game I've seen is play at home, the second half we switch to a back 5 almost when there hardly isn't any pressure on us and we aren't even playing bad?
We stand over the opposite side from the stand now as we do not want to upset most in the stand. Such a shame but we didn't really get any support when it all kicked off last year.
We witnessed Saturday that as soon as Staines went to a back line of 5, spencer day switched his team to an attacking 3-5-2. Farnborough scored 2, we lost the game.
I want to see us be more ruthless in front of goal, push max forward and let him attack from further up pitch.
Our defence isn't the same without jordan brown in my opinion. Max is a very good player on his day but left back is killing him.

2 people like this 2 people   

By Andrew67 (legacy user)22/9/2014 21:00Mon Sep 22 21:00:24 2014In response to Re: Silence is not so 'golden'!Top of thread

Views: 1877

Great point Dom. the exact same point I made a few weeks ago about Max.

Regarding atmosphere.

Go back to the 2nd game of the season our 1st home game and the visit of newly promoted St Albans. There support that night was superb, no trouble makers , no rude or offensive songs just a group of late teen and twenty something guys who follow their local side with passion.

The players responded to their fans both when then scored and at the end of the game. That means there is a link between the players and the fans .
Now win lose or draw , home or away I always applaud the team off, admittedly through gritted teeth sometimes but that's just me.
But why oh why have the club decided to keep the players on the pitch at the final whistle ? giving the fans no option to applaud the team of the pitch. Are they scared of the vocal displeasure that might come from the stand?

We pay our money , follow the club home and away are we asking too much that we are appreciated.
if the results don't improve and we spiral towards the Ryman prem then the small band of fans will surely diminish and then what ?

Anyway enough of my rubbish

Dont forget its all swings and roundabouts

1 person likes this 1 person   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Danswan (legacy user)23/9/2014 08:50Tue Sep 23 08:50:01 2014In response to Re: Silence is not so 'golden'!Top of thread

Views: 1816

Good points Andrew, Don't take the dislikes personally it is only people winding you up. I like reading your posts and especially the match reports.

Where you mention about the Ryman prem is a key point... I honestly think the board and directors would prefer us to be in the league below. There is no development, We would rather build an academy training centre that will not benefit us at all than put effort into advertising!

Have a look on the Farnborough forum and you will see a post on there from one of their players, Phil Page.
He has registered and has posted a few paragraphs thanking the fans for their support and how it really spurred the team onto victory Saturday. We get nothing like that, Saturday was the first time I saw some players actually look disappointed!

Danswan-"Attendance is nothing"

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Anonymous (legacy user)23/9/2014 00:33Tue Sep 23 00:33:19 2014In response to Re: Silence is not so 'golden'!Top of thread

Views: 2058

Keep writing the 'rubbish' it makes sense to me!

Staines 'Boon' Town Football Club.

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

Where's the defence?

By TorquayRob (legacy user)22/9/2014 12:58Mon Sep 22 12:58:32 2014In response to Re: Silence is not so 'golden'!Top of thread

Views: 1871

Saturday's game yet again proved that we cannot hold a lead. We were fine going forward but the defence was all over the place and Jack kept us in it, particularly in the second half. I cannot explain why Jerel and Chris made such a good partnership last season seem to be on different wave lengths this year.
My biggest worry is the new signings. Elliot Buchanan is not in the game at all (Calum came on and made a difference in the limited time he was on). As a partner to Louis T you're never going to get many passes coming your way but at least do more than amble around the pitch. I can't tell if it is lack of matches or inability but we can't afford to carry him.
Secondly I still can't see why Chase is preferred to Lodgy. Lodgy assists the defence by always being busy and breaking up the play. Chase seems to not be sure of his role in the team (creative or defensive?) and ends up being neither.
Five games when we've lost when being ahead is a sign that the defence needs sorting out and quickly.
The only good thing at the moment is that Jack is getting plenty of opportunity to show what an excellent keeper he is!

Torquay Rob

2 people like this 2 people   

Previous thread: Staines Town 1-2 Farnborough | Match Highlights by footballexclusives.com21/9/2014 23:42Sun Sep 21 23:42:25 2014view thread