Return to front page

Newest article: Vacancies - Goalkeeper Coach & Physio by FlyingPiglet11/6 23:21Tue Jun 11 23:21:13 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Hayes & Yeading at home !!!! by Andrew678/10/2014 10:35Wed Oct 8 10:35:28 2014view thread

Dont blame the fans !

By Andrew67 (legacy user)5/10/2014 10:46Sun Oct 5 10:46:08 2014

Views: 2269

A club is nothing without the fans .

The Atmosphere at the home games is very flat to say the least. not helped by some very poor performances on the pitch.

Last seasons comments coming from the club during '' troy gate '' seemed to strain the situation further.

Fans at football clubs at all levels make sacrifices to attend football matches. whether its £60 to watch a premier league game or £12 at Non league games , money is money at the end of the day and it all adds up.
The songs that are sung at Wheatsheaf park and at away games are in know way offensive any comments directed at opposing players are always meant as ''banter'' and in the case of Sutton away a few weeks ago the opposing goalkeeper took some digs from us guys behind the goal, at the end of the game he came over and shook a couple of fans
hands and wished us well for the rest of the season.
If that's a badly behaved set of away supports then we have majorly over estimated the issues.

With the current state the clubs in , sitting bottom of the league and going in the wrong direction the fans deserve to be able to vent their frustration aslong as its within the realms of the ground rules.
And if the players and managers don't think we are entitled to do this then they are sadly mis guided

Maybe they need to take a look around the ground on home games and take in the fact that 99% of the fans are regulars and have supported the club through thick and thin and will be no doubt still be supporting the club when said players and manager have moved on .

Let the fans be fans ,

Anyway enough of my rubbish !!

And don't forget

ITS ALL SWINGS AND ROUNDABOUTS

reply to this article | return to the front page

5 people like this 5 people   4 people dislike this 4 people

Re: Dont blame the fans !

By Danswan (legacy user)6/10/2014 09:50Mon Oct 6 09:50:02 2014In response to Dont blame the fans !Top of thread

Views: 2082

Totally agree Andrew,

These are the same fans that the club were begging to help them with the Chelsea game on Sunday.

The club does nothing to encourage new fans, and nothing for existing fans. Yes we punch above our weight on the pitch and finished in our highest ever position blah blah blah... but that doesn't mean they cannot look after regular and new support.
There is nothing, no social events , no ticket deals(block tickets)

I always hear people comparing our facilities to other clubs, great bar (really?) great food, best pitch in non-league, nice stand ...etc
But what is the point in having all of that when nothing is done for the fans. Quite often we go to other clubs and they have a tacky little bar but there are signs up for social events and meet the players and other nights/events.

Don't even get me started on the team...

Danswan-"Attendance is nothing"

7 people like this 7 people   5 people dislike this 5 people

By abreadman21 (legacy user)6/10/2014 19:29Mon Oct 6 19:29:29 2014In response to Re: Dont blame the fans !Top of thread

Views: 2099

And a pleasure it was to see all of the loyal fans who did turn up to support the club at the Chelsea game. Not forgetting the staff that tirelessly give up most of their Sunday to ensure the day runs as smoothly as possible.

Andrew Breadman

2 people like this 2 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

By Andrew67 (legacy user)7/10/2014 09:22Tue Oct 7 09:22:18 2014In response to Re: Dont blame the fans !Top of thread

Views: 1922

I don't really know what the point of that comment is. I support Staines Town FC and have absolutely no affinity with Chelsea FC . Mainly because im a Tottenham Fan.

I wonder what benefits we have seen from having the Chelsea ladies at Wheatsheaf Park?
Have any of the CFC ladies supporters been converted into watching the swans ?

Have there been financial benefits ?

And do we have a special relationship with CFC ?

Maybe Roman could dip into his vast bottomless pit of wealth and make the swans the Chelsea of the non league world .

Anyway onwards to tonight..

3 points please .................

3 people like this 3 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By abreadman21 (legacy user)7/10/2014 12:20Tue Oct 7 12:20:34 2014In response to Re: Dont blame the fans !Top of thread

Views: 1876

Have any of the CFC ladies supporters been converted into watching the swans ?

Yes, lots of the fans come down to games of both teams, including lots of juniors.

Have there been financial benefits ?

Yes. This is club business and I do not know any more than this.

And do we have a special relationship with CFC ?

No. We have a special relationship with Chelsea Ladies FC - a different entirety to the premier league club playing under their own financial budget. There's been no friendly between the two clubs because it is illegal under the FA rules for ladies and mens teams to play each other.

Andrew Breadman

1 person likes this 1 person   3 people dislike this 3 people

By Danswan (legacy user)7/10/2014 12:39Tue Oct 7 12:39:01 2014In response to Re: Dont blame the fans !Top of thread

Views: 1842

I think it was quite obvious they were suggesting a friendly vs the mens team.

Danswan-"Attendance is nothing"

3 people like this 3 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By abreadman21 (legacy user)7/10/2014 12:52Tue Oct 7 12:52:45 2014In response to Re: Dont blame the fans !Top of thread

Views: 1853

Yes I know what they were suggesting... I did point out that CFC has no link to CLFC.

I re-emphasise...They are different clubs that merely share names and badges. The ladies team has no relationship with the mens team so the only possible link up for friendly matches is to the ladies team.

Andrew Breadman

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By John Blair (legacy user)7/10/2014 17:22Tue Oct 7 17:22:08 2014In response to Re: Dont blame the fans !Top of thread

Views: 1850

Slightly incorrect Andrew.
To say that CFC has no link to CLFC is factually incorrect.
Chelsea Ladies are part of the Chelsea Football Club empire as are every team that operates under the Chelsea name.
My son plays for one of those teams and just because it is not the first team(Costa,Cech etc)does'nt mean that it is not funded and operated by Chelsea and its coaching staff.

Having said that - after all the Chelsea Ladies games and Chelsea Youth Cup games that STFC have hosted over the last 3 years it is about time that Chelsea gave us a pre-season friendly against their under 21 development squad (like they have done with Sutton Utd , Woking , Aldershot , Kingstonian etc over the last couple of years)

1 person likes this 1 person   

CLFC - from wikipedia

By Anonymous (legacy user)7/10/2014 18:28Tue Oct 7 18:28:01 2014In response to Re: Dont blame the fans !Top of thread

Views: 1845

Chelsea Ladies Football Club was formed in 1992 after supporters of Chelsea FC expressed demand for a women's side.[1] In June 2004, Chelsea Ladies voted to be taken over and funded by Chelsea FC's Football in the Community department.

Re: CLFC - from wikipedia

By abreadman21 (legacy user)7/10/2014 19:51Tue Oct 7 19:51:21 2014In response to CLFC - from wikipediaTop of thread

Views: 1833

After the formation of the FA Women's Super League in 2012 this changed.

Andrew Breadman

Re: CLFC - from wikipedia

By John Blair (legacy user)7/10/2014 22:49Tue Oct 7 22:49:07 2014In response to Re: CLFC - from wikipediaTop of thread

Views: 1827

Without wishing to pick holes Andrew but Wikipedia clearly states
a) That Chelsea Ladies FC are affiliated to Chelsea FC are were formed by Chelsea FC in 1992.
b) They were founding members of the WSL in 2010 (not 2012).

I am not the only one that disagrees with your comment that Chelsea FC have nothing to do with Chelsea Ladies.They are( as Chelseas main website states ) a constituent part of the comprehensive Community Development programme at Chelsea FC ( exactly the same as my sons Adult visually impaired CHELSEA football team.)
As a ladies football team they have to have a chairman that is independent to the chairman of the main football club.
You will find that this is common amongst ladies football teams.

By abreadman21 (legacy user)7/10/2014 18:22Tue Oct 7 18:22:06 2014In response to Re: Dont blame the fans !Top of thread

Views: 1845

Happy to discuss tonight John if you're around. As far as I know, Chelsea Ladies have their own chairman and finances. Their profit from games is for CLFC and not CFC. They share only the name and badge. Just like Staines & Staines juniors.

Andrew Breadman

By Wakes (legacy user)7/10/2014 10:20Tue Oct 7 10:20:29 2014In response to Re: Dont blame the fans !Top of thread

Views: 1890

We don't even get a pre season friendly with Chelsea yet Sutton do, I mean talk about getting your priorities right?

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Mark (legacy user)6/10/2014 21:48Mon Oct 6 21:48:08 2014In response to Re: Dont blame the fans !Top of thread

Views: 2014

What heroes!

4 people like this 4 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

By Pat (legacy user)7/10/2014 23:07Tue Oct 7 23:07:38 2014In response to Re: Dont blame the fans !Top of thread

Views: 1822

Mmmmmmmmmm Chelsea ladies

It's Just Banter ... Calm Down

Previous thread: The gloom deepens by Andrew677/10/2014 22:26Tue Oct 7 22:26:18 2014view thread