Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Am I right in saying… by John Blair23/4 20:12Tue Apr 23 20:12:00 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: @hrbfc Youth 2 Swans Academy 2 (McAllister 2) by Follow the Swans28/10/2014 06:38Tue Oct 28 06:38:52 2014view thread

Is it time for Gayle to go?

By Anonymous (legacy user)25/10/2014 19:40Sat Oct 25 19:40:58 2014

Views: 3073

Today's performance was again shocking, the inability of players to pass the ball with any kind of accuracy is alarming. Simple ball control being almost non existent. The team is also lacking motivation. There is no leadership whatsoever from Worsfold, who in my opinion is our best player, but a poor captain.

Bizarrely Gayle subs Theophanous today allowing Buchanan to remain on the field, Buchanan has been completely ineffective while at Staines.
Why was Kiernan not playing today? Felix was the only player to 'turn' up today, maybe all the others were on twitter til 3 this morning!

Maidenhead easily deserved their win today.

Anyone out there really think we can beat Ebbsfleet next week?

Anyone out there really think we can avoid RELEGATION with the current group of players?

Watch this space.

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person   

Re: Is it time for Gayle to go?

By Andrew67 (legacy user)25/10/2014 20:14Sat Oct 25 20:14:03 2014In response to Is it time for Gayle to go?Top of thread

Views: 2956

Last 10 games in all competitions :

Played 10

Won 1

Drawn 1

Lost 8

7 straight league defeats

scored 17

conceded 24

Been ahead in 5 of these games and gone on to lose

Not the sort of stats that make good reading

Sadly the league table doesn't lie , we can no longer hide behind excuse after excuse..
We are not good enough in any part of the pitch at the moment

The midfield are not looking after the ball well enough hence why the defence are under so much pressure

The front 2 are not getting any service what so ever

The buck surely must stop at the managers feet.

I was led to believe that Brendan Kiernan has been released by the club. I have yet too see any conformation from the club.
If true I would be amazed seeing as over the last couple of games he has looked decent.

I think we can all agree that unless something changes and changes very damn quick we could fall out of this league with a whimper

2 people like this 2 people   

Re: Is it time for Gayle to go?

By Mark (legacy user)25/10/2014 22:02Sat Oct 25 22:02:40 2014In response to Re: Is it time for Gayle to go?Top of thread

Views: 2965

Confirmation on Twitter, get surrey

By VW Swan (legacy user)26/10/2014 10:53Sun Oct 26 10:53:23 2014In response to Re: Is it time for Gayle to go?Top of thread

Views: 2757

Firstly let's give Marcus his due. He is an experienced footballer with a few years coaching under his belt. He knows more about the game than all of us on the forum. But at the moment that is where it ends as the performances for the last few months have been dire. On Get Surrey Marcus said he was encouraged by yesterday. Hard fact is we were beaten by a Maidenhead side that weren't very good. I will not criticise individual players as I wouldn't know where to start; only bright spot yesterday was Erivaldo who worked his socks off. There seems to be a lack of fire in the belly from the committee through the coaching staff and down through the players. Maybe the club is happy with the prospect of Ryman football next year? As a paying supporter I am not and have more ambition than that. People will say it is down to the budget and I understand that, but maybe the budget should be increased either by the current board or outside investors. It depends what ambitions the club have? Lastly it was funny to see an insider from the Marcus camp come over and stand with us towards the end of the 2nd half yesterday and he spent his time watching everyone on the terraces who dare criticise. Laughable.

By Anonymous (legacy user)26/10/2014 12:22Sun Oct 26 12:22:40 2014In response to Is it time for Gayle to go?Top of thread

Views: 2822

"watching everyone on the terraces who dare criticise"

Big brother preparing banning orders for the remaining loyal stalwarts perhaps?

Staines 'Boon' Town Football Club.

Budget

By Troy McClure (legacy user)26/10/2014 14:24Sun Oct 26 14:24:16 2014In response to Is it time for Gayle to go?Top of thread

Views: 2822

I understand everyone's distress at the current situation, and I have to agree that there wasn't much to cheer about yesterday.
However - it is unrealistic to expect a massive investment to bring in new players on higher salaries.
It's a shame, but the age old problem of competing with Chelsea, Fulham, QPR, Reading, and Brentford for the attention of local people continues to mean that attendances and local interest don't mirror the ambitions of those of us who do attend Staines games on a regular basis.

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

Budget

By Anonymous (legacy user)26/10/2014 16:28Sun Oct 26 16:28:12 2014In response to BudgetTop of thread

Views: 2757

A number of regular fans have stopped coming simply because the football is low quality. When the football improves people may return. The budget needs to be raised one way or another or the club will continue to spiral downwards!

The Ryman League?... No thanks!

Budget

By VW Swan (legacy user)26/10/2014 16:57Sun Oct 26 16:57:16 2014In response to BudgetTop of thread

Views: 2626

Everyone knows how well the club has done under the budget and all credit to Matthew for maintaining this. The point I was trying to make was ambition. To succeed further would need extra investment whether from the current board or outside investors. If the board has ambition to stay in this league it will need funding. At the moment we are simply not good enough at this level, the squad is thin - our bench is schoolboys. We have to move players out before bringing new faces in and the managers decisions recently have raised a few eyebrows.

Re: Budget

By Mark (legacy user)26/10/2014 14:29Sun Oct 26 14:29:04 2014In response to BudgetTop of thread

Views: 3013

Troy, being on the board or committee you must have inside knowledge, what's the crack? Much going on?

Marcus Gayle

By Howard Coop (legacy user)26/10/2014 19:10Sun Oct 26 19:10:57 2014In response to Re: BudgetTop of thread

Views: 2747

The simple fact is he is not doing his job!

And what happens when you don't do your job successfully?

Budget this budget how can we comment on this when quite frankly it is none of our business the financial side is between the Manager and the Chairman who seems to be pumping his hard earned money in to people who simply are not performing, the simple fact is the Manager is not performing and neither is the team.

Stand up and be counted ....

By Follow the Swans (legacy user)26/10/2014 19:29Sun Oct 26 19:29:17 2014In response to Marcus GayleTop of thread

Views: 2631

The number of time I have come on here and started to post or reply to a post and then wiped it clear and gone to the fridge for a beer is beyond the number of fingers on each hand. The main reason is that I don't know who I am responding to or addressing so if we are to be putting comments that could be extremely valid we should 'stand up and be counted'....

My name is Keith! I do the club website and email marketing, am a great believer in the 50/50 a bugle playing trainee and one of the choir founder members and my carer is Trevor ... also I am passionate about staying in the Conf South!

Dave, Mark, Dan, Andrew, Pat etc etc we know who you are!

Troy, Anonymous, etc etc ... 'stand up and be counted'

'Always look on the bright side of life'

FOLLOW THE SWANS

3 people like this 3 people   

Stand up and be counted

By VW Swan (legacy user)26/10/2014 19:58Sun Oct 26 19:58:31 2014In response to Stand up and be counted ....Top of thread

Views: 2641

Well done Keith, and we do stand up' shame can't be said on the pitch at the moment.

Re: Stand up and be counted

By Mark (legacy user)26/10/2014 20:36Sun Oct 26 20:36:42 2014In response to Stand up and be countedTop of thread

Views: 2662

Mine names Mark, I am the fat one, when I say fat I mean the really fat one. Not the skinny fat one that's bacon, just the fat fat one.

I can often be found at the tea bar during half time getting a burger.

I attend most if not all home games but lost enthusiasm to waste money travelling away unless it's Chelmsford because they do the man vs food burger.

5 people like this 5 people   

Re: Stand up and be counted

By Andrew67 (legacy user)26/10/2014 20:43Sun Oct 26 20:43:14 2014In response to Re: Stand up and be countedTop of thread

Views: 2719

My names Andrew and I like chips ..

I can be found at home games in the shed in between the 2 dug outs, normally shaking my head in disbelief

At away games I like to eat chips , with ketchup. and I also like the little wooden fork things you eat your chips with .

Don't forget guys

IT'S ALL SWINGS AND ROUNDABOUTS

stand up and be counted

By Steve McC (legacy user)26/10/2014 21:21Sun Oct 26 21:21:50 2014In response to Re: Stand up and be countedTop of thread

Views: 2688

My names Steve, i'm a little overweight and my face is always covered up by a camera.

my ambition is to give Keith the best possible pictures for STFC's great website.

I love the cheese hotdogs at Chelmsford. I don't like grounds within athletics arenas.

www.soccersnaps.org

Re: stand up and be counted

By Pat (legacy user)26/10/2014 23:24Sun Oct 26 23:24:58 2014In response to stand up and be countedTop of thread

Views: 2740

My name is pat a lot of people hate me but to be honest I hate them too .. I swear a lot and I hope Gayle gets sacked and Staines stay up this season . I also love chips ! Hint hint Sally . Other then that I'm a great guy !

It's Just Banter ... Calm Down

2 people dislike this 2 people

By Wakes (legacy user)27/10/2014 07:35Mon Oct 27 07:35:17 2014In response to Re: stand up and be countedTop of thread

Views: 2893

My name is Laurence, I ran the clubs first ever officiall website and called myself Wakes da webmaster. The site ran for 8 seasons and on top of that I co ran the old club shop and supporters club with Rob Gunning and was also a founder member of the Staines Massive. I made the original Staines massive flag which eventually got burnt by Woking fans and paraded it on the pitch dressed as Ali G with John Blair and Roy Roberts for SkySports news before our FA Cup game with Stockport. When we drew at Edgeley Park our Ali G costumes made the national media and Alan Boon personally told us it was us that put the club on the map because of this. When we played Peterborough, the whole team dressed up as Ali G and Borat and was on front page of Mirror Saturday pull out with the Staines Massive flag. I then handed the website over to Keith and became club photographer and gave up web design and started recording music, I made a couple of crap songs for the club which they still don't play but am more appreciated by Wealdstone as I recorded 'No ground, No fans' ft the Wealdstone Raider which Went viral on you tube. I have no plans to help the club out again as I have given them the world and got v little in return.

5 people dislike this 5 people

'wakes'you and your like are the club!!!

By gordon (legacy user)27/10/2014 09:18Mon Oct 27 09:18:52 2014In response to Re: stand up and be countedTop of thread

Views: 2640

Just felt I needed to let you know that among our group known affectionately as the 'Massive' you do indeed have the respect of all of us. Who can forget the trip to Stockport, with you getting us all together for the group photo at one of the service stations. Friendships were forged that day, which will never be broken. I could recount many times ie.the night you won your award at the club, over at Hayes when you and Chelsea Mark led the singing of 'blue square south, your 'aving a laugh' you are a huge part of this clubs history. Don't forget we will all still be here supporting our club in the future, and I feel sure you will be to.
I'ts great to know you and all of our fabulous gang. Gordon

Re: 'wakes'you and your like are the club!!!

By Wakes (legacy user)27/10/2014 10:20Mon Oct 27 10:20:00 2014In response to 'wakes'you and your like are the club!!!Top of thread

Views: 2651

Thanks for the kind words Gordon. It seems those days are long gone and the club is a lot worse off for it. People used to mock the Massive and say it was old hat etc etc but that period was the most successful in the clubs history and I was proud to be at the forefront of that. The club let it die by dropping the web site name, and thus alienating the fans and preventing prospective new fans from getting interested. All credit to Keith though as the website is 100% more professional than my effort and his Twitter keeps everyone in touch but it just seems the club has made mistakes in regards to the fans.

By Danswan (legacy user)27/10/2014 09:01Mon Oct 27 09:01:42 2014In response to Re: stand up and be countedTop of thread

Views: 2707

My name is Dan,I'm not the sort that will miss games due to recent results or question my allegiance, Win or lose I will be there. I just wish the club would take the fans and the current situation a bit more seriously. No one talks to the fans, The owner , the directors , the manager , the players! Communication is at an all time low. Even Steve Cordery called a meeting to discuss the situation in his last season! I actually think some of the players talking to fans will give them more confidence. The likes of Stephane,Louis T etc... are all confidence players!

The only way we can get out of this is by working together: Fans & Club & Players. It's about time the club faced facts.

Staines Towns Most Wanted

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

Previous thread: My left foot! by Follow the Swans26/10/2014 21:23Sun Oct 26 21:23:50 2014view thread