Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Am I right in saying… by John Blair23/4 20:12Tue Apr 23 20:12:00 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Louie T departs by Andrew6730/10/2014 10:03Thu Oct 30 10:03:57 2014view thread

Louie ''gone'' T

By Andrew67 (legacy user)29/10/2014 19:43Wed Oct 29 19:43:05 2014

Views: 3156

So the end of a goal scoring era at Wheatsheaf Park.
Like him or loathe him its fair to say letting our top goal scorer go at this stage of the season could prove to be a massive gamble.
Unless the club have an amazing rabbit their about to pull out the hat I don't see where the goals are coming from, ok we have got into the position we are in with him in the team, but the supply to Louie has been woeful.
Look on the bright side we still have Elliot Buchanan to knock em in !!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Louie ''gone'' T

By Pat (legacy user)29/10/2014 21:42Wed Oct 29 21:42:07 2014In response to Louie ''gone'' T Top of thread

Views: 3010

They have signed three top quality conference South players .. Absolute joke .. I guess Staines can't do that then ?

It's Just Banter ... Calm Down

By Anonymous (legacy user)29/10/2014 21:07Wed Oct 29 21:07:10 2014In response to Louie ''gone'' T Top of thread

Views: 3057

That's us down then. It's absolute madness. Louie T was our only hope of getting out of this mess. Maybe Marcus thinks he will be the answer??? Is it a coincidence that he registers one week and sells our only hope the next.

P mcveigh

By TorquayRob (legacy user)29/10/2014 20:34Wed Oct 29 20:34:25 2014In response to Louie ''gone'' T Top of thread

Views: 3202

Ridiculous!!!

Torquay Rob

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Wakes (legacy user)29/10/2014 20:51Wed Oct 29 20:51:13 2014In response to Re: Louie ''gone'' T Top of thread

Views: 3115

Looking forward to renewing acquaintances with the Olde enemy again next season, hopefully be the Boxing Day fixture at the Beveree and then the return at Wheatsheaf Park New Years day...

By Dom weir (legacy user)29/10/2014 20:59Wed Oct 29 20:59:05 2014In response to Re: Louie ''gone'' T Top of thread

Views: 3016

Absolute heads gone. What are the club playing at? Who do they think can score goals in that squad? Or lets just bring a player from a lower division in no doubt. The club is going backwards into a dark tunnel to the Ryman. Can't see much light at the moment and am totally disillusioned with everything at Staines. I really feel for the supporters at the moment.

Since dave wheeler left...

4 people like this 4 people   

By Today (legacy user)30/10/2014 08:34Thu Oct 30 08:34:34 2014In response to Re: Louie ''gone'' T Top of thread

Views: 2877

As quoted on the main site he no longer wanted to play for Staines therefore they have done the best thing in letting him go. I personally have no problem with that as I would rather have players who are committed to the cause. Having watched him lately he clearly was not there. Time to move on and get someone who wants to play.

As on a positive note after watching last Saturday's game I firmly believe we will stay up. I may be alone in that view but I see hope where others only see despair.

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

lets be realistic re Louie T

By John Blair (legacy user)29/10/2014 21:49Wed Oct 29 21:49:17 2014In response to Re: Louie ''gone'' T Top of thread

Views: 3028

So Louie T has gone to Farnborough because he would rather play for them than us.
As he was under contract lets hope that the club will receive a transfer fee for him.
If so this could possibly be put to use to replace him and his goals.
Certainly the freeing up of his wage(he was reputably the highest earner) should enable us to sign 1 or 2 players to play for us who want to play for us.
Now while we liked the goals that Louie T scored, what else did he actually bring to the table:-

a)He was useless with his head.
b)He did'nt like passing the ball.
c)He was'nt a team player.
d)He bottled out of challenges more often than not.
e)His greediness in trying to beat 5 or 6 players rather than pass to a teammate who was free and in open space often led to him getting caught in possession,losing the ball and putting the rest of the team in trouble.

Over the last 3 or 4 games he has played like he could'nt give a damn and in my opinion(despite his goals) it is better to get rid of someone who is only playing for himself rather than the team.

2 people like this 2 people   

lets be realistic re Louie T

By VW Swan (legacy user)30/10/2014 07:25Thu Oct 30 07:25:42 2014In response to lets be realistic re Louie TTop of thread

Views: 3180

John, I agree with the things you list however he scored +20 goals a season and goals win games.

Re: lets be realistic re Louie T

By Andrew67 (legacy user)29/10/2014 22:04Wed Oct 29 22:04:26 2014In response to lets be realistic re Louie TTop of thread

Views: 3017

Louie is a luxury player..

He feeds off passes played into feet in and around the box.

Yes he wasn't a great header. but when you are 2 footed why would you need to head the ball (play to his strengths on the floor)

Not passing the ball from in and around the area isn't a floor in his game, he was greedy because his natural instinct was to score goals

I would very much doubt he would be considered a ''non team player'' something other players would have to verify and that's unlikely to happen

Bottling out of challenges, well show me a number 10 or 9 in most teams at any level of football who dosent shy away from a tackle, their in the team to score goals not make tackles

on the breakdown of play you are spot on. I would argue though that's unlikely to coast you a place in the team.

Having been substituted at the Gloucester game Louie didn't sit in the dug out sulking, he stood encouraging the team and went berserk when Max fired in the equalizer and looked equally disappointed at the end after the defeat

At the end of the day Louie was a polarizing player, you either loved him or hate him.
At this stage of the season with confidence low and goals seemingly drying up selling him in my opinion is utter madness

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Danswan (legacy user)30/10/2014 09:08Thu Oct 30 09:08:19 2014In response to Re: lets be realistic re Louie TTop of thread

Views: 2896

Mind you wouldn't you like to leave if you were being subbed in important games for 15 year olds.

Staines Towns Most Wanted

2 people like this 2 people   

By TorquayRob (legacy user)30/10/2014 23:05Thu Oct 30 23:05:50 2014In response to Re: lets be realistic re Louie TTop of thread

Views: 2839

I understand where John is coming from. However, Louis could score goals. Buchanan does not pass as he never gets the ball. He doesn't' work for the team, track back or even seem to want the ball. But mainly he doesn't score!
There is now so much pressure on young Bassett and I feel so sorry for him.
I imagine we needed to get rid of Louis to free up wages to cover the debts we must be accumulating on crowds of 200-300. The trouble is so many fans are getting disillusioned that only us diehards will remain.

Torquay Rob

Previous thread: Club Statement by Andrew6729/10/2014 18:21Wed Oct 29 18:21:56 2014view thread