Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Those were the days ...... by ArthurToday 08:09Today at 08:09:15view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: November Goal of the Month! by Football Exclusives12/12/2014 12:06Fri Dec 12 12:06:14 2014view thread

Reaction to the Hemel defeat ...

By Follow the Swans (legacy user)10/12/2014 17:20Wed Dec 10 17:20:22 2014

Views: 2852

Clive Youlton reports ...

stainestownfootballclub.co.uk/#/latest/4583191344

FOLLOW THE SWANS

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Reaction to the Hemel defeat ...

By SAGE (legacy user)11/12/2014 11:39Thu Dec 11 11:39:19 2014In response to Reaction to the Hemel defeat ...Top of thread

Views: 2655

Are these comments really from Marcus or has he been misquoted? After all they sound so negative.I always thought he was a battler in his playing days and hoped this spirit would still be there as a manager.Surely he needs to be rallying the guys ready for the second half of the season and show his commitment to the club by stating that he has no intention of walking away and if we do go down that he will be working his socks off next year to regain our place at this level.
To me our position shows that the ethos of bringing the majority of players through from the Academy does not work at this level -you need more experienced mature guys who have the physical attributes not to be pushed around.Sadly in the games I have seen its been boys against men-all the other clubs know our weakness's and this season are exploiting them..It may not be pretty or text book football but at this level you have to produce the results. I am the first to admit that we may not have the money to bring in such players and if that is the case I wish the club would tell us so that we fully understand the situation.
Why not follow the example of Sutton Utd who show the annual accounts on the club website-at least then supporters have a greater understanding of the financial restraints the manager is working under.
Best wishes to all
Norm

Sage

2 people like this 2 people   

Re: Reaction to the Hemel defeat ...

By Danswan (legacy user)11/12/2014 12:01Thu Dec 11 12:01:57 2014In response to Re: Reaction to the Hemel defeat ...Top of thread

Views: 2608

Negative is an understatement an absolute heads gone is nearer the mark.
He is blaming the players he has signed and picks every week...and is moaning that he is wasting his own time. Luckily for Marcus he gets paid to waste his time and coach the team, I'm sure that statement hurt all the paying fans who probably think they are wasting their own time.

Staines Towns Most Wanted

1 person likes this 1 person   

Reailty check

By Troy McClure (legacy user)11/12/2014 13:09Thu Dec 11 13:09:22 2014In response to Re: Reaction to the Hemel defeat ...Top of thread

Views: 2639

Sometimes it's worth remembering that unless a club has an oligarch willing to run that club as a vanity project then reality must be faced.
For example - Angie worked tirelessly to engage with the local community, and with potential sponsors, but there is the ever present issue that many local (to Staines) people feel more of an affiliation to Chelsea, Fulham, Brentford, QPR, Reading and so on.
Therefore, with attendances at the current level, and sponsorship needing to be fought for at every step, we do need to be realistic about what can be achieved.

Re: Reailty check

By Danswan (legacy user)11/12/2014 13:20Thu Dec 11 13:20:51 2014In response to Reailty checkTop of thread

Views: 2627

So Mr clubman, what does that have to do with Marcus basically "giving up" ?

Reality Check

By VW Swan (legacy user)11/12/2014 13:43Thu Dec 11 13:43:17 2014In response to Re: Reailty checkTop of thread

Views: 2602

Sorry I don't buy into this myth that our attendances are low because we face competition from Brentford, QPR etc. etc.
When Woking were in our league they regularly got +800, Wealdstone get +700 now and they are both as near to these pro clubs as we are.
Problem is the club has no connection with the community; no relationship with the council which could help promote the club locally; no connection barely with STFC juniors (there are several hundred kids playing) and no connection with the local schools like Magna Carta or Matthew Arnold (+2000 kids) - need I go on?
Oh yes and no connection with the fans!

2 people like this 2 people   

Re: Reality Check

By Dom weir (legacy user)11/12/2014 20:15Thu Dec 11 20:15:39 2014In response to Reality CheckTop of thread

Views: 2544

I echo Dans comments, absolute heads gone. Biggest mistake of all was letting Angie go and then thinking youth/boys can compete with men 2nd.

Since Dave wheeler left, oh and jordaan, lets chuck in what was our best striker out and out theophanous. Could we add Ferrell to that, I know he was slow but he's better than what we have now. Feel ever so sorry for max and jack. Each game those two try so hard, max working his absolute heart out and no one is on his level in the squad apart from our keeper.

1 person dislikes this 1 person

Re: Reality Check

By Danswan (legacy user)11/12/2014 20:48Thu Dec 11 20:48:38 2014In response to Re: Reality CheckTop of thread

Views: 2515

Yea agree , especially jack who must be annoyed and feel helpless with a defence leakier than a drain.

Reality check

By Rebel Yeller (legacy user)12/12/2014 09:08Fri Dec 12 09:08:43 2014In response to Re: Reality CheckTop of thread

Views: 2445

And let's not forget that before the season started Swans announced a forward squad of Theophanous, Willock, Beadle and Brown, with Bassett as back up. Willock was really fourth choice as he was taking up coaching. Then, a couple of weeks into the season, Brown and Beadle were ditched ( money or ability - we don't know) so suddenly Swans only really had Louis up front. Only one forward equals not enough goals equals big trouble. Swans have played catch up ever since. Good forwards can win you games even if the defence is not top notch. No forwards and you've had it.

Re: Reality check

By Danswan (legacy user)12/12/2014 09:29Fri Dec 12 09:29:21 2014In response to Reality checkTop of thread

Views: 2535

Beadle and Brown joined the long list of casualties of players released since the end of last year. The list is long enough to field a full 11 of players that are good enough at this level.

Previous thread: TWITTER ... by Follow the Swans10/12/2014 17:26Wed Dec 10 17:26:50 2014view thread