Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Am I right in saying… by John Blair23/4 20:12Tue Apr 23 20:12:00 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Reserves tonight! by Follow the Swans15/12/2014 16:01Mon Dec 15 16:01:10 2014view thread

Boreham Wood Aawy

By Andrew67 (legacy user)13/12/2014 19:28Sat Dec 13 19:28:58 2014

Views: 2418

Time for the Fans to stand up and be heard !

We after all are the people who travel to watch this garbage week in week out, we are the fans that have to read the that our manager seems more interested in saving his own reputation rather than motivating the players to maybe stay in the league. And never thanking the fans for their support home and away

Something is seriously wrong with the team right now , not only are they clearly not good enough football wise, they seem to lacking a clear method or style to their play.
Promising young players have been thrown into this team and they are well and truly out of their depth.
These players could become seriously affected by this further down the line in their careers.

Having spoken to 1 of the players after the Hemel game . he made it clear the team need some experience adding to it .

Players who stood out last season are letting the club down at the moment this clearly needs to addressed , we have a manager who has played football at the highest level surely he has contacts in football , I can not believe there are no experienced players looking to play football in the conference south .

If we manage to get all 4 Christmas fixtures in , I believe we need to pick up 12 points at least from these 4 games.
Failing that we are all but relegated.

If we are to stand any chance we need to play Stephane and Max further up the pitch, make the most of our chances in front of goal and stop making stupid defensive mistakes.

Don't forget

''ITS ALL SWINGS AND ROUNDABOUTS''

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Boreham Wood Away

By John Blair (legacy user)14/12/2014 11:57Sun Dec 14 11:57:29 2014In response to Boreham Wood Aawy Top of thread

Views: 2176

The hardy (but dwindling) number of fans that are watching our woeful performances at present see:-
a)a team that is lacking confidence
b)a team that looks beaten before they step onto the pitch
c)a team that have been rooted in the bottom 2 for the majority of the season.
d)a team that seems to play with little structure.

Andrew is right. What is being served up is basically rubbish by a team who we had high hopes for for this season.
What has gone wrong?

There may be many reasons for this,depending on peoples own opinions,but something needs to change fast otherwise we are relegated. I, personally, don't want that!!!

Re: Boreham Wood Aawy

By SAGE (legacy user)14/12/2014 11:19Sun Dec 14 11:19:33 2014In response to Boreham Wood Aawy Top of thread

Views: 2217

Totally agree Andrew about Max and Steph-actually feel sorry for the players who I think are honestly giving their best .
However, I do think the stuffing was knocked out of them by the Poole replay result. They came out into extra time and attacked Poole which produced the important goal . We looked well on top and Poole looked a spent force .Then I can only assume on instructions from the bench, they went totally defensive for the last 15 minutes which automatically gave the initiative back to Poole, who said thank you very much. The players on the coach looked totally spent and gutted by the outcome.From what I remember Marcus and a few of the committee members had jumped ship and did not bother to return on the coach -not sure that shows a lot of team spirit and we are all in it together attitude.

ANOTHER THOUGHT -why did we agree to yesterdays re arranged fixture when we are playing as we are . Would have been better for Max to have taken the guys out for a Christmas bash to build the team spirit ready for the rush of games over the Christmas period. But there we are -what do I know about these things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sage

1 person likes this 1 person   

Borehamwood Away

By VW Swan (legacy user)14/12/2014 13:18Sun Dec 14 13:18:57 2014In response to Re: Boreham Wood Aawy Top of thread

Views: 2225

In the words of Andy "Cliché" Townsend it was a game of two halves.
I can imagine Marcus saying before kick-off keep it tight from the start and within two minutes we were one down! For the first half we defended awfully and two schoolboy errors saw us two down at HT.
Second half thought we were the better team but did not take our chances. So to sum it up; poor at the back and poor in front of goal - it doesn't look too good at the moment. Marcus seems a nice guy but is he up for the fight after his recent comments and is he the right man to turn this around? - I hope so but only time will tell. We can't wait too long.....

Re: Borehamwood Away

By Danswan (legacy user)15/12/2014 10:59Mon Dec 15 10:59:58 2014In response to Borehamwood AwayTop of thread

Views: 2089

It's so bad the chairman doesn't go to games anymore.

THIS IS A JOKE BEFORE TROY MCCLURE CRIES.

Staines Towns Most Wanted

Previous thread: Chelsea U21 v Borussia Mönchengladback U21 by Follow the Swans12/12/2014 16:33Fri Dec 12 16:33:39 2014view thread