Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Am I right in saying… by John Blair23/4 20:12Tue Apr 23 20:12:00 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: IMPORTANT: this forum is going to move by Football Web Pages.co.uk28/2/2015 12:19Sat Feb 28 12:19:18 2015view thread

Dannny Basset

By Andrew67 (legacy user)27/2/2015 08:56Fri Feb 27 08:56:50 2015

Views: 3199

Im completed shocked. Another young player who was thrust into a losing side by Gayle when probably not ready for conf south has been tossed aside by the new manager ..

Shocking treatment of decent young players over the last 2 days

WE NEED TO WIN EVERY REMAININNG GAME TO STAY IN THIS LEAGUE

I make no excuse for the capital letters it emphasises the point that staying in the league is as close to impossible as you can get .

Surely Basset is a player for the future . ideal for getting us back in the league next year . Could someone tell how Buchanan has done to remain at the club

And for the record yes I would like to stay in the league , however im a realist and it is not going to happen .

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person dislikes this 1 person

Re: Dannny Basset

By Michael (legacy user)27/2/2015 09:18Fri Feb 27 09:18:51 2015In response to Dannny BassetTop of thread

Views: 3126

Sorry but to release two of our young players with huge potential and could be part our future success in getting back into this league is wrong in every sense. The manager has made two bad decisions. Why is Buchanan staying when he has delivered so little.

As they say the manager will ultimately pay the price for what happens on the pitch. His demise may be already written on the wall.

Michael

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Danswan (legacy user)27/2/2015 09:35Fri Feb 27 09:35:25 2015In response to Re: Dannny BassetTop of thread

Views: 3188

Can't agree with you guys...

Luke Neville, Good guy but not good enough,end of.

Danny Bassett, A striker who hasn't actually scored a competitive goal for us ? Not sure how anyone can stick up for that ?

90% of the squad aren't good enough (Buchanan included) but you can't exactly release everyone , especially when nobody wants to join us.

Staines Towns Most Wanted

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Andrew67 (legacy user)27/2/2015 09:38Fri Feb 27 09:38:34 2015In response to Re: Dannny BassetTop of thread

Views: 3209

I know the Stats Dan I see it week in week out ..

However why not keep the squad together until the end of the season and then have a clear out .

You can hardly blame young players for performing badly in a league they are not ready for .

By Danswan (legacy user)27/2/2015 09:46Fri Feb 27 09:46:55 2015In response to Re: Dannny BassetTop of thread

Views: 3138

No I totally agree I do not personally blame the youngsters, I blame Gayle for chucking them in too early. He has probably ruined any potential Non-league careers for Danny & Luke.

Luke & Danny always gave 100% but afraid in a physical and demanding league it wasn't good enough. Buck falls at Gayles feet for having a small squad.

Staines Towns Most Wanted

1 person likes this 1 person   

Danny Basset

By VW Swan (legacy user)27/2/2015 12:17Fri Feb 27 12:17:20 2015In response to Re: Dannny BassetTop of thread

Views: 3081

Not going to criticise any player individually and cannot blame Nicky Forster for our current position. Gayle threw the youngsters in and you can't have the spine of a team made up with inexperience and it has shown. Not the youngsters fault but many were out of their depth and although they may come good in the future we need to worry about now. Nicky has brought in Medway from Havant and has apparently tried to bring in several other new faces as he looks to rebuild for next season. Onwards and upwards!

Re: Danny Basset

By John Blair (legacy user)27/2/2015 19:09Fri Feb 27 19:09:16 2015In response to Danny BassetTop of thread

Views: 3259

Whilst i was surprised that Luke Neville was released i am not surprised at the release of Danny Bassett.
IMO he was out of his depth and would probably be better plying his trade in the Ryman South until he gets more experience and bulks up a bit - he did seem to get pushed off of the ball a little too easily.
As people say Nicky Forster has inheritied a squad lacking in depth and experience. Whilst some of the squad are good enough for this level(Worsfold,Lodge,Brewer,Turner spring to mind) some are clearly not which leaves us in the fragile league position that we are in.

Previous thread: Harry Medway believes loan spell at Staines Town will be biggest experience of career by footballexclusives.com27/2/2015 17:17Fri Feb 27 17:17:02 2015view thread