Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Am I right in saying… by John Blair23/4 20:12Tue Apr 23 20:12:00 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Staines Town 0-4 Grays Athletic | Match Highlights & Reaction by footballexclusives.com17/12/2015 22:08Thu Dec 17 22:08:24 2015view thread

Website update ...

By Follow the Swans15/12/2015 09:22Tue Dec 15 09:22:24 2015

Views: 1302

The website has been down now for around 24 hours as detailed below. It is hoped to be back shortly as I am now able to work on what I can now do with the host company. I will shortly publish, email and tweet today’s match details.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Keith

All my sites via the host account were affected by a DDoS (distributed denial of service)- This is a malicious internet attack designed to overload a website with manufactured traffic. It’s illegal, disruptive, and, unfortunately, a reality of the industry in which we operate.

We routinely rebuff DDoS attacks, most of which are invisible to you and do not impact your service. We study each and regularly upgrade our defences. We were attacked on Thursday of last week by a sophisticated and well-known group who promised, and delivered, a further attack today. This group has a history of successfully disrupting other well-known online businesses which often results in several days of downtime. These attacks required us to make major changes and quickly. The best way for us to achieve this was to bring our servers down to implement improvements, a decision we did not take lightly.

We know how painful this has been for you and your business. We have used the time well and our defenses have improved substantially. Thank you for your patience and support throughout this crisis. We are nearly there and hope to fully restore service by early evening.

As always, we care about the Lark Studios Community and will keep you informed. You have no idea how much the messages of support have meant as we’ve burned the midnight oil over the weekend to put things right, and to better position you for the future.

Once again, thank you for your patience and apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Keith

reply to this article | return to the front page

OK so ...

By Follow the Swans16/12/2015 16:12Wed Dec 16 16:12:18 2015In response to Website update ...Top of thread

Views: 1300

Over the past couple of weeks we have been the target of 4 attacks! Needham, Kingstonian, Grays and also a 'massive' cyber attack on the software host. Have been burning the midnight oil [with drinks] and we have www.stainestownfootballclub.co.uk/ now active. Not quite working without the www. version but will be soon.

So that is one attack sorted, now on to Wingate & Finchley! May need some help from the boys here. Have to say I thought the crowd was fantastic last night!

Well done lads!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: Tonights Performance by Patrick Nixon15/12/2015 22:05Tue Dec 15 22:05:20 2015view thread