Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Is it time to turn this Forum off? by John Blair15/3 20:29Fri Mar 15 20:29:20 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: A Thankyou from your Minibus organiser by John Blair24/4/2018 21:22Tue Apr 24 21:22:45 2018view thread

STFC for sale

By Wakes11/3/2018 18:27Sun Mar 11 18:27:39 2018

Views: 1530

Staines Town FC Club Statement …
by Keith Tunnicliffe

Dear Supporters, many would have read an article within the non-league paper today with regard to the club being effectively for sale.

After 7 years as chairman and sole benefactor I feel that I have taken the club as far as I can with the resources I have available to me.

As most people circumstances change, therefore to give the club the very best chance I feel that the current position the club currently sits in the league and with the time remaining for the current season it was the best time to open discussion to see who may see the clubs potential.

In March 2015 I appealed within the local paper for assistance as I was finding it difficult alone to sustain the clubs position , but received no response, this is why we thought it best to openly appeal within the non league paper.

Ken and I have been working hard behind the scenes with a number of people and we are hopeful that an agreement can be made to allow the club to realise its full potential.

Please be advised that this season will continue to have the full support and the management and staff will continue to push for the highest position it can.

Rest assured I only have the best interests of Staines Town Football Club at heart and will continue at all costs to do the best for its future.

Kind Regards Matt Boon.

So obviously a lot of uncertainty now within the club and what do we expect from any prospective new owners? One things for sure if a Glenn Tamplin mark 2 wants to take the club over then he can take a running jump as we don’t need those types here. We need someone with the clubs best interests at heart not some Essex wide boy type using us as a play thing and risk us going bust once he’s had his fun and games.

We need to get this forum up and running again as Twitter doesn’t really cut it as a fans forum for exchanging opinions so anyone calling themselves fans of the club need to start getting the community spirit within the club back to what it was in the past. Opinions pls....

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: STFC for sale

By dlands28/4/2018 18:08Sat Apr 28 18:08:00 2018In response to STFC for sale Top of thread

Views: 1021

Need to mute the colours a tad on this forum, makes my eyes hurt :-)

Re: STFC for sale

By Norm12/3/2018 11:26Mon Mar 12 11:26:32 2018In response to STFC for sale Top of thread

Views: 1264

Away at moment but just picked up the news-great respect to all the Boon family for supporting the club in the way they have .

Now up to us supporters to show our commitment to the club.

My first thought is that all of those currently contributing to the 12th man scheme should immediately increase their donation and that we all try to get fellow supporters to join the scheme.

We should set ourselves a target of say £1,OOO A MONTH -yes a big jump from the current level- this will show any new owner that the club have supporters who wish to see the club continue and thrive. It may look daunting but when you break it down -50 supporters X £20 -it does not look so impossible.

It will also show Drax and the current management team that they have our backing to continue to build on the squad who have provided us with something to cheer about this season.

best wishes to all

Norm

Edited by Norm at 11:28:14 on 12th March 2018

Previous thread: Steward trophy award by RADDIT28/4/2018 17:19Sat Apr 28 17:19:45 2018view thread