Return to front page

Newest article: Vacancies - Goalkeeper Coach & Physio by FlyingPiglet11/6 23:21Tue Jun 11 23:21:13 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Why? by Eghamvillan6/10/2018 18:16Sat Oct 6 18:16:26 2018view thread

Jokes over

By scouser30/9/2018 11:15Sun Sep 30 11:15:54 2018

Views: 1091

This has now passed the laughing stage. We are fast becoming a joke. At the beginning of yesterdays game I became deluded and thought we could get something out of this game, then reality took over and we got back to what we are good at, giving the ball away and standing around watching as the opposition score at will. I don't like picking players out but I am sorry, we need a goal keeper and we need an old hand to run the defence. It saddening to see the same thing game after game and now we cant even blame the manager and sack him as we haven't got one. our only hope of survival is that there is a couple of teams worse than us all season so we can stay up.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Jokes over

By Swan (Swan fan)30/9/2018 15:46Sun Sep 30 15:46:09 2018In response to Jokes overTop of thread

Views: 1026

I'm not a Staines supporter but do come occasionally to watch the team and am interested to see how things are going. Is it a budget issue I wonder? The appointment of an inexperienced (at step 3) manager who you suspected might not have much in the way of contacts or players of the required standard coming with him. The announcement and sudden departure of 3 experienced players either before or very early into the season and then the reliance since on very young and probably inexpensive players has resulted unsurprisingly in the disappointing start so far. Having said all of that it goes a little bit against the new consortium stating the intention to be a Football league club in 10 years? Is it simply a case of they don't have the money to compete? Maybe the 10 year plan will have become an 11 year plan? The problem is that if the board is not very careful and can take steps to arrest the decline a drop into the division below becomes a distinct possibility and hard to come back from.

P.S. isn't the goalkeeper related to one of the new consortium members?

By Eghamvillan30/9/2018 12:19Sun Sep 30 12:19:02 2018In response to Jokes overTop of thread

Views: 1027

Totally agree. 1st half we looked very good and we have some good talent on the pitch. Don’t know how we can carry on with a keeper who concedes goals for fun. A decent keeper would have saved 3 of those 4 goals.

By Dave_LW30/9/2018 20:05Sun Sep 30 20:05:00 2018In response to Re: Jokes overTop of thread

Views: 977

I’ve seen 3 matches this season (Farnborough & Beaconsfield at home, plus Egham away in the Cup). No goals scored and not really looked like getting one either, and lucky to have only conceded 5 in those games. With probably just 1 or 2 exceptions none of the players to me look like they are up to step 3 football and certainly none would have got anywhere near last years team. I also do not think the standard of the current league is as high as last seasons Bostik Premier.

I assume the new owners are trying to keep to a very low budget but this will have only 1 outcome if not addressed with players experienced at this level. It is very sad to see and crowds will get even smaller than they presently are.

By DevonSwan30/9/2018 19:29Sun Sep 30 19:29:05 2018In response to Re: Jokes overTop of thread

Views: 965

I still can't quite understand why we got rid of the manager. I presumed it was because we had a replacement with more experience at this level already lined up; but that is obviously not the case. Under Christian I felt that the players were obviously well coached and were playing some decent stuff. In fact after seeing the win at Poole I thought that we were on the verge of turning the corner, with the addition of a couple of experienced defenders.
Unfortunately it appears that we have now lost our best defender (the keeper), we have no manager and we our now letting in goals for fun, with no light at the end of the tunnel.
Don't quite understand how the new owners thought we could survive at this level by cutting the budget so severely, and the only League we will be playing in ten years from now will be the Combined Counties. Truly upsetting to see the Club in this current plight.

By Follow the Swans3/10/2018 08:22Wed Oct 3 08:22:09 2018In response to Re: Jokes overTop of thread

Views: 963

Remember enjoying posting 50 goals for @ElliottBuchs and @MoBettz not that long ago... now 50 up in goals conceded since the takeover! After last nights humiliating defeat.

Have kept quiet as am away but back soon! Well done to all of you that have soaked up the disappointments so far.

Previous thread: todays match by scouser22/9/2018 17:50Sat Sep 22 17:50:39 2018view thread