Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Am I right in saying… by John Blair23/4 20:12Tue Apr 23 20:12:00 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Non League Day - Saturday 13th October vs Merthyr by V W Swan10/10/2018 17:57Wed Oct 10 17:57:04 2018view thread

Rock bottom

By scouser3/10/2018 11:23Wed Oct 3 11:23:39 2018

Views: 1293

Well I thought last night was as low as we can get, sadly even are good players were not performing. Lets hope a new manager will be in place soon and hopefully he will be given the resources to get us out of this downward plunge. It wont be an overnight fix, I except that but over time it has to improve. I would love to put a positive message on this board, but at this moment in time there is not anything positive about the team to write about.

reply to this article | return to the front page

2 people like this 2 people   

Re: Rock bottom

By Keith3/10/2018 17:21Wed Oct 3 17:21:35 2018In response to Rock bottomTop of thread

Views: 1141

IMO we are at the serious end of this situation and I would expect the club to be working overtime to secure an experienced manager at this level. Without getting too political we also have to ask questions of the new board. The new directors, are they playing a part in the day to day decisions, do they have funds? Would love this to be clarified as I haven't seen any reports or minutes from the Supporters Club meeting. Whilst I admit to having been away since I viewed all the pre-season games and the opener at Taunton the lack of investment at player level is obvious. Dissappointed as I was to see not one player retained from last season I expected a backbone of experience to be signed to support the youngsters, this did not happen. If we don't invest in 'that' experienced manager and the experienced players the future is pretty obvious and very depressing for the club and its history.

By Colin Oaten5/10/2018 23:58Fri Oct 5 23:58:49 2018In response to Re: Rock bottomTop of thread

Views: 1098

I posted a few weeks ago on Twitter that what i had witnessed so far was nothing short of a joke and the situation is now getting worse. I had my worries over statements from the new owners about funds being generated organically which to me,reading between the lines,meant a lack of investment from the new owners and the only funds being produced by initiatives like the pitchside bar etc. It worried me when they came in that most of the new owners apperar to be linked with investment companies in much the same way as ENIC who own Spurs and it seems to be a similar story to their struggles to bridge the gap to the top sides with a lack of spending. The problem is we dont have a Pochettino type manager at the helm who can overcome those financial restraints. We reportedly had 4 parties interested in taking over Staines and i fear that Matthew has dropped the ball on due diligence in appointing these guys as his preferred option. We have gone from being one of the best footballing sides in the Bostik last year to a complete and utter joke now and i really fear for our future as a club. There will be no 'organic' growth of funds if we end up playing in front of no supporters if performances continue as they are

By Norm7/10/2018 22:18Sun Oct 7 22:18:45 2018In response to Re: Rock bottomTop of thread

Views: 1067

Totally agree .however my sources suggest there were no other serious parties interested in taking over STTfc.it was this lot or nothing,Guess Matthew would have walked away as he had stopped investing any further funds into the club last year, I quite understand the predicament he found himself in and guess he had fulfilled his pledge to his dad.Any of us could have taken over the club for a couple of quid but having the funds to finance a manager and squad was the issue,
Best wishes to all
Norm

By Colin Oaten8/10/2018 02:51Mon Oct 8 02:51:31 2018In response to Re: Rock bottomTop of thread

Views: 1135

Thats interesting. We were led to believe in the local media that there had been 4 interested parties. It is no surprise then that we find ourselves in this predicament. I understand our financial outlay was around the 7th highest in the league last year so if the new owners have slashed the playing budget even further,its no surprise we find ourselves at the wrong end of the table in this league. That is why it was more crucial than ever to get the right people on board with experience at this level and not a manager who had achieved nothing at an even lower level. Cup defeats to the likes of Egham and absolute maulings at teams on a similar level in the league like Walton Casuals are simply not acceptable though

By Beastman1900 (Swandico)8/10/2018 11:11Mon Oct 8 11:11:17 2018In response to Re: Rock bottomTop of thread

Views: 1093

It's clear the club was in a bad state when the new owners took charge and have found it tough to turn things around. I hope things improve on the pitch soon as it's been tough to watch this year!

Norm, I wonder if your sources can tell us what happened with the bar ? I noticed in the programme at the Hartley Game this has been handed back to the Thames club and they make all the profit now?

Previous thread: Catching up by Norm7/10/2018 21:30Sun Oct 7 21:30:40 2018view thread