Return to front page

Newest article: Those were the days ...... by Arthur17/4 07:24Wed Apr 17 07:24:51 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Don't give up by If in doubt21/11/2018 10:06Wed Nov 21 10:06:12 2018view thread

Wimborne Away

By DevonSwan18/11/2018 10:13Sun Nov 18 10:13:54 2018

Views: 983

Getting used to seeing Swans get beaten but have to say that yesterday's result probably hurt more than the others because for once we really didn't deserve to lose; and even opposition supporters seemed to agree. We certainly looked a lot stronger at the back, mainly due to the introduction of Finn Tapp from MK Dons, who I thought had a fine game. But in fairness the whole team I thought looked more solid as a unit. Unfortunately we switched off for a few seconds before half time and it cost us the game.
Second half we were definitely on top, but with a referee who gave us nothing and just lacking that final finish which would have earned us a deserved point, or three. We now sit rock bottom, and have played more games than anyone else, so our situation is desperate. Next game against Kings Langley is definitely a must win. Come On You Swans!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Wimborne Away

By scouser18/11/2018 12:21Sun Nov 18 12:21:21 2018In response to Wimborne AwayTop of thread

Views: 893

When the officials turn up and not only shake their coaches hand but give him a hug then you know you have got problems, all three officials were local to Wimborne, this might go a long way to understanding some of the refs decisions. We deserved at least a draw and it wouldn't have been against the overall run of play if we had won.
For me we are one or two players short, one being a recognised number 9 with pace, but however yesterday we looked good enough to get out of the bottom three.

By Eghamvillan18/11/2018 11:02Sun Nov 18 11:02:32 2018In response to Wimborne AwayTop of thread

Views: 923

Didn’t deserve to lose that one the lads gave everything. Referee made the terrible mistakes one which led to their goal the other two in the 2nd half one which in my opinion and being so close to where it happened was more a penalty to us instead of a free kick to wimborne.

By V W Swan18/11/2018 16:48Sun Nov 18 16:48:23 2018In response to Re: Wimborne AwayTop of thread

Views: 883

Totally agree with the above, we were much better and unlucky to be on the losing side. I was behind the goal when they scored. It came from a corner where as the ball came across Pilbeam was fouled, from the ball back in they scored & despite our protests the ref gave the goal. The incident in front of us 2nd half beggared belief. Wilson has the ball, goes round the outside of the full back who slides in, fairly in my opinion, and the ball goes out of play. The linesman who was closest to the incident correctly gives a corner and from nowhere the ref blows up and gives them a free kick! We can blame the ref but we also have to question our finishing because that is what let us down. We need a goalscorer. Apart from that a much better solid team performance but at the end of the day we lost to a fairly poor Wimborne side.

By John Blair18/11/2018 20:30Sun Nov 18 20:30:55 2018In response to Re: Wimborne AwayTop of thread

Views: 844

I would also agree that we were unlucky to lose a game that we deserved at least a point from.
A much much better performance than Hendon away last Tuesday.
With a little luck and a decent goalscorer we will surely find our way out of this position.
Next couple of games are vital.
keep the faith !!!

Previous thread: Victory by Beastman190013/11/2018 10:47Tue Nov 13 10:47:40 2018view thread