Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Those were the days ...... by Arthur4/5 08:09Sat May 4 08:09:15 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Thank you by Arthur17/8/2020 22:39Mon Aug 17 22:39:03 2020view thread

It doesn't get any better

By allen b30/4/2019 11:22Tue Apr 30 11:22:12 2019

Views: 1920

Bedfont Sports Club welcome Kingston College, along with the highly respected Martin Spong & Mark Fabian
Bedfont Sports Club are delighted to announce a new partnership with Kingston College as of May 1st 2019. Sports have had positive discussions with Academy Director Martin Spong and Mark Fabian, both have been close friends of the club for a number of year and we are delighted to have them on board, along with one of the leading educational providers in Kingston College.

Best wishes to Mark and Martin, thanks for all the hard work over the years. You have been under appreciated.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: It doesn't get any better

By Norm30/4/2019 14:25Tue Apr 30 14:25:09 2019In response to It doesn't get any betterTop of thread

Views: 1753

Thanks for the information -in my opinion a very big loss.

Good move for Bedfont Sports they have two good guys in Martin and Mark and it can only help them to grow and strengthen the club as it moves forward.They always had the time for a chat -thanks guys and good luck.

They have produced some very good players over the years for STFC and it will leave a big void at our club.

This move must have been known about for some time and I assume we will have an announcement from our club very soon as to how they will be replacing the Academy .

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Swan (Swan fan)1/5/2019 18:56Wed May 1 18:56:16 2019In response to Re: It doesn't get any betterTop of thread

Views: 1604

Don't hold your breath Norm!

By gregs1/5/2019 11:24Wed May 1 11:24:45 2019In response to Re: It doesn't get any betterTop of thread

Views: 1703

Admire your optimism about the announcement!!........Not sure why it wasn't included in the lengthy end of season statement from the Chairman? This is a huge loss and a sad indictment of what has happened overall.

By Pins1/5/2019 16:02Wed May 1 16:02:01 2019In response to Re: It doesn't get any betterTop of thread

Views: 1800

Best get your boots cleaned up Gregs (and you Norm). You could be starting next season ;-)

Edited by Pins at 16:02:44 on 1st May 2019

By Pins2/5/2019 09:55Thu May 2 09:55:35 2019In response to Re: It doesn't get any betterTop of thread

Views: 1674

Looking forward to seeing who gets the blame for this one!

By Beastman1900 (Swandico)2/5/2019 10:56Thu May 2 10:56:51 2019In response to Re: It doesn't get any betterTop of thread

Views: 1772

LOL you do realise you replied to yourself !!

By Arthur4/5/2019 08:57Sat May 4 08:57:42 2019In response to Re: It doesn't get any betterTop of thread

Views: 1474

Do the Chairman said we had no money and had to play youth team players for half a season. However, the Youth team manager, who supposedly knew those players best, was never part of the first team management side to get the best out of the boys. Why? Now, as we are losing the link with Kingston college, we will not have to fund a youth team going forward ....... but who will be in the first team squad? This is unbelievable ...... u8nless you don't care what happens in the future

By John Blair4/5/2019 15:05Sat May 4 15:05:02 2019In response to Re: It doesn't get any betterTop of thread

Views: 1425

Despite the link with Kingston College being terminated , Staines Town will still be able to field an Under 18 academy team.
The club , i am sure , will be able to more fully utilise the fact that Staines Town Juniors FC have teams running from 6 years old ( slightly too young !!! ) up to Under 18's.
There , i am sure , would be no restrictions on STFC Juniors aged 16 and above being registered to play for Staines Town's Under 18 Academy.

By Arthur5/5/2019 08:56Sun May 5 08:56:32 2019In response to Re: It doesn't get any betterTop of thread

Views: 1423

I hope that we are not suggesting the under 16's get registered to play for the under 18's and put into the first team!! The main point was that Martin and Mark managed these players on a regular basis and the lads knew the managerial style. We put them in the first team to play ...... but didn't put either Martin or Mark in the dugout. When the boys were out of their depth, they didn't even get the friendly management face on the bench to give them (as they required) either a kick up the rear end or an arm round the shoulders (depending on their personality).

By John Blair6/5/2019 18:44Mon May 6 18:44:21 2019In response to Re: It doesn't get any betterTop of thread

Views: 1283

At no time would i suggest that the Under 16's be registered to play for the 1st team.
I am merely stating that Staines Town Juniors between the age of 16 and 17 might now have the opportunity to register for the Academy and progress into that - an option that many did not have the opportunity to do unless they carried on their post 16 education at Kingston College.

And i agree that due to the lack of coaching staff on the bench for the last third of the season , the academy players that were playing for the first team received little encouragement from the bench.
Sometimes the only encouragement they received was from the terraces !!!

By Norm4/5/2019 15:19Sat May 4 15:19:46 2019In response to Re: It doesn't get any betterTop of thread

Views: 1593

Do we know john why the agreement was terminated and who was it done by.is there any possibility of the juniors hitching up with another club.

By John Blair6/5/2019 18:49Mon May 6 18:49:12 2019In response to Re: It doesn't get any betterTop of thread

Views: 1280

I would say that the agreement terminated because of differences of opinion between STFC and Kingston College academy,
Slightly stating the obvious , but i am sure that if the club issue a statement regarding the termination of the agreement things will become clearer.
And as far as i am aware , the link between the STFC Juniors and STFC will not change.

By Swan (Swan fan)5/5/2019 18:17Sun May 5 18:17:26 2019In response to Re: It doesn't get any betterTop of thread

Views: 1386

I don't believe there was much engagement from the new owners of the club towards the academy when they first arrived and despite relying quite heavily on academy players as the season progressed not much enthusiasm to maintain the link appears to have been evident.

Perhaps the Owners have a plan to take full control and run an academy themselves thereby benefiting from the education funding per student directly rather than the previous model whereby Kingston College was the benificary and paid the associated costs e.g. training facility and so on.

Many clubs do have their Academy in house e.g. Hampton & Richmond, Met Police, Aldershot and Woking and effectively sub-contract out the academic education part of the course to a suitably qualified provider but provide the training and classroom facilities in order to do so and presumably benefit from some additional income as a result.

As John Blair said there is nothing to prevent registering players from the Junior club as they approach the appropriate age and field a team in the Bostik Youth League or Conference Football Alliance but in some cases the step up from Sunday youth football is quite large and can be very challenging. Near neighbours Ashford Town relied on doing just this for a number of seasons but unfortunately had to withdraw from the Bostik Youth League early in the season due to the difficulty in fielding a competitive team and some quite heavy defeats.

The other thing to bear in mind is that with several clubs in the immediate area running an official Academy the talent pool is very diluted and generally means that there is plenty of choice for those wishing to combine a further education and football coaching programme.

If the Owners are planning any sort of youth team set up you'd expect it to be announced very soon to enable recruitment having just lost something in the region of 60 players?

By Norm7/5/2019 05:38Tue May 7 05:38:31 2019In response to Re: It doesn't get any betterTop of thread

Views: 1345

Thanks swan for setting out so accurately the situation.so wish that STFC would be as pro active in explaining the situation to the club supporters,
.who ever you are I wish the club would take you on as their Pr man as good communications between management and supporters is in my view a very important factor in a non league football.

By Swan (Swan fan)7/5/2019 18:49Tue May 7 18:49:05 2019In response to Re: It doesn't get any betterTop of thread

Views: 1335

Haha thanks Norm but I'm not sure even Max Clifford in his prime could put a positive spin on what's gone on this season but if the owner wants get in touch I'll do my best 🤔

In response to John Blair, I was not suggesting in my post the club might register U16 Junior Club player to the 1st team squad. Crickey if that was deemed nessecary the problems probably run deeper than even the most pessimistic fear?

By Fiuman1216/8/2020 12:39Sun Aug 16 12:39:55 2020In response to Re: It doesn't get any betterTop of thread

Views: 898

Now many students will get the option to learn many things in college which is collab with the kingston college.I have checked some of the https://writeessaysonline.com/is-edubirdie-legit-three-different-perspectives/ site options which providing the edubirdie legit writing help to many students who want to complete writing projects at college level.

1 person dislikes this 1 person

Previous thread: Supporters Club Membership by V W Swan11/8/2020 16:33Tue Aug 11 16:33:08 2020view thread