Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Those were the days ...... by ArthurToday 08:09Today at 08:09:15view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Joe Aribo by Arthur13/5/2019 19:52Mon May 13 19:52:44 2019view thread

LETS JUST IMAGINE FOR ONE MOMENT.........

By Norm11/5/2019 04:07Sat May 11 04:07:23 2019

Views: 1175

That Thames club are suing STFC/FULCRUM/DIXON for non payment of rent for board room/club room/bar,changing rooms/ pitch water/electricity/gas etc .
if it goes against the club is it right to assume that Thames Club-who own all the property etc could invite another club ,willing and able to pay to use the facilities to take over the upkeep of pitch etc ready for the forthcoming season.
Lets just imagine for one moment that STFC/fulcrum/Dixon are not countersuing Thames club and that if they do not pay all arrears they would be in breach of contract and have to vacate the ground etc,
Love to hear from those in the know what other scenarios they think could evolve at the clubs.perhaps those with legal/ property experience could throw some light onto the current situation

With all the playoffs being sorted out clubs will be hiring/firing managers and signing on players in the next month in preparation for the new season With training starting in late June early July.Interested to see if those in charge of the club have learnt from last seasons experience. So far no information about pre season friendly matches.

Edited by Norm at 04:35:18 on 11th May 2019

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: LETS JUST IMAGINE FOR ONE MOMENT.........

By scouser12/5/2019 11:57Sun May 12 11:57:47 2019In response to LETS JUST IMAGINE FOR ONE MOMENT.........Top of thread

Views: 1119

Norman i didnt realise you where into fishing as all you do on this sight is fish for answers you are not going to get at this moment in time. It has been said on numerous occassions that no questions can or will be answered until the court case is over. At the moment you and one or two others keep pushing for something that is not there, so why cant you do like the rest of us and wait for the court case and then you will get the answers to your questions.

By STFCfan11/5/2019 22:19Sat May 11 22:19:07 2019In response to LETS JUST IMAGINE FOR ONE MOMENT.........Top of thread

Views: 1034

Norm,

I dont think speculation regarding an upcoming court case is going to achieve anything, especially with the club saying no further statement will be made, unless this post is something you know and we dont!

In regards to pre season friendlies, it’s about this time of year they get announced looking at previous years so lets wait and see!

By Norm13/5/2019 21:18Mon May 13 21:18:38 2019In response to Re: LETS JUST IMAGINE FOR ONE MOMENT.........Top of thread

Views: 1024

I can honestly say I was not fishing as I think by now most supporters must have a good idea about the primary issues involved if not the detail.I was hoping that it could stimulate some debate and give supporters a chance to be pro active and put forward some ideas of how the club can move forward and how supporters could help in the rebuilding -all seems doom and gloom at moment and anything to lighten the situation must be good..

What concerns me, is that we were led to believe, when all this silliness started in the Autumn, the matter could be resolved relatively quickly -did not happen. Is it going to be 2 weeks,2 months, or 2 years till a conclusion.

I simply think that we should now be putting in place the building blocks for next season- on and off the pitch ..Look around the other clubs who were with us in the league.

Hendon-launched a week ago the 12th man scheme for next season, Target £16,000, over £3,000 already pledged.
Gosport-New manager appointed .
Tiverton -New management structure announced.
Chesham-supporters ground working party starts 18 May.
Frome, Farnborough etc friendly matches arranged.
and of course teams being reshaped etc etc.................

Not earth shattering but positives and hooks for supporters to hang onto .

Edited by Norm at 21:26:59 on 13th May 2019

2 people like this 2 people   

By Stainesloyal14/5/2019 14:41Tue May 14 14:41:54 2019In response to Re: LETS JUST IMAGINE FOR ONE MOMENT.........Top of thread

Views: 993

I'm interested to know exactly what more communication you expect from the club ? They have repeatedly stated they would be releasing no further comment on the legal situation. You must also remember that once this goes to court there are laws that punish people for talking about the case in detail in an open forum.

We have to accept and trust that the owners of the club have everything in hand and are doing their best to fight our corner.

In any case i rewind back to last year when some fans painted the exterior of the ground, believe that happened in July so don't see any point in making improvements now just a week after the current season has finished !!!!!

By Norm17/5/2019 15:31Fri May 17 15:31:12 2019In response to Re: LETS JUST IMAGINE FOR ONE MOMENT.........Top of thread

Views: 1000

i fully understand that the legal case will be decided once the legal case is decided. But its never to early to prepare for the next season -most clubs and players -admit that the best business is always done straight after the current season closes .See my examples and now we learn that H.Bird from Merstham has been appointed new boss at Kingstonians. The best always get snapped up early, the also rans ..............well we saw last summer .................

Lets get the club website working and interesting -its our "window to the world" its rubbish and has been for many months we should announce and show the world of football that STFC is not moribund but is a thriving and well managed club-saying to prospective managers,players supporters and more importantly sponsors that this is where its happening -get on board now

Edited by Norm at 13:41:55 on 18th May 2019

1 person likes this 1 person   

Previous thread: Life Beyond Wheatsheaf Park by GJ29/4/2019 11:43Mon Apr 29 11:43:03 2019view thread