Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Those were the days ...... by ArthurYesterday 08:09Yesterday at 08:09:15view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Forthcoming cup ties by swanstuff21/11/2019 14:39Thu Nov 21 14:39:33 2019view thread

Goalkeepers Quiz

By swanstuff5/11/2019 14:35Tue Nov 5 14:35:22 2019

Views: 803

Can you name the goalkeepers who have played at least one competitive game for the Staines Town First Team since the departure of Steve Cordery as Manager at the end of season 2011/12?

Here are some clues:

I am doing you a favour by excluding all of the following -

I am not counting the following in the Marcus Gayle era, because they were only ever an "unused sub" or because their appearances were only in friendlies: Yannick Nlate, Charlie Hyam, and Pedro Marenco.

For the same reason, Phil Clarke (who spanned the Marcus Gayle / Nicky Forster eras) is not counted.

Nor is Josh Woodcock, whose only call up as an unused sub came under Nicky Forster.

During Johnson Hippolyte's era, the following are not counted for the same reasons: Ravan Constable, Henryk Bielenik, Sam Whatman, Lee Wyatt, Harry Palmer, Henry Newcombe, Myles Bowman, and Sam Woolford.

Cristian Colás's triallists Borja Loeches and Ilija Galovic do not count.

Armando Shkoza isn't counted, as he has only been an unused sub under Mahrez Bettache.

That leaves nineteen to remember -

There was one who played under Steve Cordery and Marcus Gayle.
There were two who played under Marcus Gayle only.
There was one who played under Marcus Gayle, Nick Forster, and Johnson Hippolyte.
There were eight who played under Johnson Hippolyte only (including one who also played friendliesd under Cristian Colás).
There is one who played under Cristian Colás, Rob Easom, Matt Green, Anthony Gale, and Mahrez Bettache.
There is one who played only under Cristian Colás.
There is one who played under Cristian Colás, Adam Wicks, and Rob Easom.
There is one who played under Rob Easom.
There is one who played under Matthew Green.
There is one who played under Anthony Gale only.
There is one who played under Mahrez Bettache only.

Edited by swanstuff at 19:14:27 on 5th November 2019

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Goalkeepers Quiz

By swanstuff10/11/2019 22:11Sun Nov 10 22:11:46 2019In response to Goalkeepers QuizTop of thread

Views: 743

Congratulations to David Brown, who correctly identified 19 goalkeepers who fit the requirements of the question.

He actually missed one out that was on my list - but remembered another whom I had overlooked, so I'm counting that as a 100% successful answer.

The goalkeepers in question (together with the initials of the managers they played under) were -

Kyle Merson – (SC), MG
Jack Turner – MG, NF, JH
Adam Faith – MG
Harry Churchill – MG, NF, JH
Yannick Makiese – JH
Brannon Daly – JH
Ashlee Jones – JH
Liam Driscoll – JH
Gabriel Rosario – JH
Conor Hudnott – JH
Martin Herdman – JH
Ben Martin – JH
Julian Schwarzer – JH, (CC)
Louis Dixon – CC, RE, MG, AG, MB
Manny Agboola – CC
Ciaran Gordon-Stearn – CC, (AW), RE
Max Harris – RE, BS
Alexandru Lazurca – MG
Denzel Gerrar – AG
Jacob Adams – MB

The one I forgot was Ben Martin, a defender, who played the entirety of Drax's penultimate game between the sticks, and the one that David omitted was the rather obscure Yannick Makiese, whose one appearance came in an away Middlesex Senior Cup tie vs Edgware Town, witnessed by only a handful of Swans followers.

During my time with the Club, only only one other outfield player has played a full game in goal, Mark 'Bumper' Kellier. However, there have been several occasions when an outfielder has had to take over during a game through injury of dismissal, Livey doing so on more than one occasion:

George Talbot
Alan Gregory
Steve Livey (good to see him looking so well at WP at the Bracknell game)
Darren Anderson
Julian Sills

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: yesterday by Norm10/11/2019 09:41Sun Nov 10 09:41:28 2019view thread