Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Am I right in saying… by John Blair23/4 20:12Tue Apr 23 20:12:00 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Northwood - Man of the Match by Arthur11/3/2020 07:39Wed Mar 11 07:39:19 2020view thread

Should I stay or should I go

By Arthur9/3/2020 10:09Mon Mar 9 10:09:48 2020

Views: 1127

So sang the Clash. I am over 70 and have "underlying" medical conditions, including allergic asthma and haemophilia. However watching sporting events in the open air shouldn't be too problematical ..... and in a ground with a capacity of just over 3,000 which is likely to be about 5% filled (I'm sorry to see), I will still be there at all the home games (health permitting) to see the new Swans and hope that the wins we desperately need will start to come. In the words of our legendary announcer, "Let's get behind the boys. Come on you Swans."

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Should I stay or should I go

By Surreysage (Norm)9/3/2020 14:24Mon Mar 9 14:24:09 2020In response to Should I stay or should I goTop of thread

Views: 1017

Perhaps Arthur "A Better Tomorrow" by Kreator may be the answer to your Clash dilemma.

By Rob Cooper9/3/2020 12:19Mon Mar 9 12:19:37 2020In response to Should I stay or should I goTop of thread

Views: 980

I was at Chalfont St Peter FC on Saturday. Terrible playing surface but the main reason for the message is - does anyone know why our right back was taken off because if he wasn't injured, it stopped a great outlet for us on the day. He was making great inroads down CSTP's left-hand side all game and his play contributed to our 2 goal lead at half time. Also, why don't we wear our old gold/yellow shirts anymore? The light blue is not STFC. COYS.

By DevonSwan10/3/2020 14:04Tue Mar 10 14:04:24 2020In response to Re: Should I stay or should I goTop of thread

Views: 924

Regarding your question about the shirts Rob. It used to be the case that a club had an alternative strip which was only used when there was a clash of colours with the other side. In recent years the 'change strip' has become an 'away strip' which is used in away fixtures regardless of whether there is a clash of colours. Staines rarely play in yellow and blue in away fixtures.
I too am not keen on this current 'fashion'. This has become even more ridiculous at the top level where most clubs also seem to have a third strip; but with a careful choice of away colours there should never be a need for a third strip. The cynical might suggest that this is just a money making ploy; which I find very hard to believe (NOT).
As it happens I am not particularly keen on the colour of our current home shirts either, which seems to be a very wishy washy shade of yellow. Whatever happened to old gold and blue?

COME ON YOU SWANS!

By scouser10/3/2020 16:04Tue Mar 10 16:04:02 2020In response to Re: Should I stay or should I goTop of thread

Views: 943

Yes top clubs do change their strips on a regular basis, and they make a lot of money out of it. However they have lots of outlets for fans to buy these kits and also a lot of fans. We however do not have a lot of fans and i doubt very much if the few that we do have would be willing to spend good money on a new strip to follow a team that is struggling to survive and if they were willing to buy a new strip were can they go to buy one or try it on.For me the descent thing to do is respect the few remaining fans and stick with what most fans believe are our true clours, GOLD AND BLUE.

By Rob Cooper10/3/2020 14:18Tue Mar 10 14:18:01 2020In response to Re: Should I stay or should I goTop of thread

Views: 923

Thanks for this.

Over the years we've had an all white strip that was good and my favourite, the light grey and fluorescent green trim that we always seemed to play well in! I suppose any new sponsor will dictate what the shirts will be but to some of us with yellow and blue scarves, it's annoying.

Can someone in authority at STFC giving us the reasons?

COYS

By Torquayrob10/3/2020 22:50Tue Mar 10 22:50:13 2020In response to Re: Should I stay or should I goTop of thread

Views: 900

The reason they use the light blue kit a lot is down to cost. By getting full use of both kits the chances of needing replacements due to wear and tear is reduced. Ironically what is a money making exercise at Premiership level is a money saving exercise at our level.

By Rebel Yeller9/3/2020 14:23Mon Mar 9 14:23:59 2020In response to Re: Should I stay or should I goTop of thread

Views: 1024

I too went to CSP. Staines did well in the first half but Chalfont were very poor and no doubt had the hairdryer at half time. in the second half they were a different side and Staines struggled.

I don't know why Titchmarsh, or indeed Efambe, were taken off. Both did well imho.

Still as the new players learn each others names things should improve. Getting something out of the Northwood game would be good, but to my mind it's FC Romania, 1 point from their last 5 games, whom Staines should be looking to overhaul.

Previous thread: A new start by scouser1/3/2020 20:14Sun Mar 1 20:14:50 2020view thread